ImageImageImageImageImage

Game Thread: New York Knicks (3-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-3) Tuesday, April 30th, 7:00 PM EST

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

gmpknick
Ballboy
And1: 20

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (3-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-3) Tuesday, April 30th, 7:00 PM EST 

Post#41 » by gmpknick » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:19 pm

Game plan is simple...Brunson take every shot....and everybody else.. BUMRUSH the glass!! It works!!
Woodsanity
RealGM
And1: 10,347

Re: Game Thread: New York Knicks (3-1) vs. Philadelphia 76ers (1-3) Tuesday, April 30th, 7:00 PM EST 

Post#42 » by Woodsanity » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:22 pm

sol537 wrote:What bothers me a bit is that Precious is an impact defender and hustle player and Thibs would not have played him at all this season had Mitchell Robinson not been hurt (twice!)….

We have a lot of quality players who can play. Not really Thibs fault.

Now obviously a few players are injured so that depth matters a lot.
UglyBugBall wrote:Jokic is a guy that needs a superstar like Murray to make his game work.
To me he is the third best player in the NBA - Luka and Embiid are comfortably ahead of him.

:lol:
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,410

Post#43 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:25 pm

He, Precious, is really a lot like OG on defense.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,389

Post#44 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:25 pm

DaGawd wrote:
sol537 wrote:What bothers me a bit is that Precious is an impact defender and hustle player and Thibs would not have played him at all this season had Mitchell Robinson not been hurt (twice!)….

so? he’s basically just injury insurance.. situational, nothing wrong with that

Mitch has had one impactful game since his injury return... Precious could have had multiple in that same span...
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,089

Post#45 » by DaGawd » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:27 pm

sol537 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Mitch has had one impactful game since his injury return... Precious could have had multiple in that same span...

mitch earned that right as a starter and longest tenured on the team to be given a chance to get back right especially considering what he did for us in last years playoffs. precious is getting his chance now with mitch being sidelined. don’t see anything wrong with it
BaF
Washington Wizards
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,358

Post#46 » by aggo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:28 pm

sol537 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

I don’t wanna be annoying.

But

Precious next year as the backup pf/c

>>>>

Mitch as backup c
sol537
RealGM

Post#47 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:36 pm

aggo wrote:
sol537 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:so? he’s basically just injury insurance.. situational, nothing wrong with that

But

>>>>

Mitch as backup c

Yup... I'm all for re-signing iHart, OG, and Precious (on a very team-friendly deal) and then dealing Robinson for a better depth piece or for picks and salary relief (or using Mitch, Bogs, and Picks for a strong piece). We likely won't be able to carry Robinson's salary long-term. Not only are we in store for an exciting playoffs... we're also in store for a potentially crazy off-season! What a time to be a NYK fan!
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#48 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:38 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:I might be wrong, but if the Knicks trade Bogs and Mitch for Booker, and don't resign Burks, that might work under the cap.

Clearly the Knicks would have to include about 5 1st round picks.

I go back and forth if he's worth it.

Booker is good on and off the ball, so that fits with Brunson.
Brunson the same, so fits with Booker.

It upgrades the SG position while the bench gets stronger at the wing, but less so at C.
Not sure Knicks can do this trade and retain Precious, which would be needed if dealing Mitch, even though he's a different kind of player from Mitch.

Not sure about the implications of Booker's salary going up over the next few years.

I think if we’re trading for him then we have to match his 2024-2025 salary (49 million). His contract extension kicks in next year so we would need to include Randle to make it work. But I could be wrong. Any cap guru willing to clarify?
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,172

Post#49 » by Context » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:40 pm

DaGawd wrote:
Context wrote:
DaGawd wrote:we have way too many important pieces who are impending free agents…

I havent looked at the cap-do we have the cap space to sign all of them?

it’s gonna get a bit tricky, fo has some hard decisions to make

I'm not suggesting that we do- but cant we go over the cap to resign all of our players?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
sol537
RealGM

Post#50 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:46 pm

Spree2Houston wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:I might be wrong, but if the Knicks trade Bogs and Mitch for Booker, and don't resign Burks, that might work under the cap.

Clearly the Knicks would have to include about 5 1st round picks.

I go back and forth if he's worth it.

Booker is good on and off the ball, so that fits with Brunson.
Brunson the same, so fits with Booker.

It upgrades the SG position while the bench gets stronger at the wing, but less so at C.
Not sure Knicks can do this trade and retain Precious, which would be needed if dealing Mitch, even though he's a different kind of player from Mitch.

Not sure about the implications of Booker's salary going up over the next few years.

I think if we’re trading for him then we have to match his 2024-2025 salary (49 million). His contract extension kicks in next year so we would need to include Randle to make it work. But I could be wrong. Any cap guru willing to clarify?

Randle, Bogs, picks for Booker...
Mitch, McBride, pick for Mikal...

iHart / OG / Mikal / Booker / Brunson
Bench: Precious / Hart / DDV / Rokas

Our final form...
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,905

Post#51 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:49 pm

Woodsanity wrote:

We have a lot of quality players who can play. Not really Thibs fault.

Now obviously a few players are injured so that depth matters a lot.

Yea. Mitch was also doing very well against Embiid. I feel like a lot of this narrative is being driven by Mitch haters (not you in particular Sol). It's actually iHart who I feel is struggling most with Embiid.

There was a reason Embiid hurt Mitch. In G3, iHart was dealing with foul trouble, the Knicks were up, and Mitch had 7 rebounds in 13 minutes, as well as a pretty big offensive rebound that was going to add to the lead. In G1, Mitch was the best guy against Embiid too. Add to the fact that Mitch is an amazing player when the games get dirty and the defense gets tough because the Sixers suck at rebounding.

I think the other side of it is that Thibs' coaching takes time, too. iHart needed time to adjust. Bogs did. I'm assuming Precious had to as well.

I also think the Knicks will have to be prepared for a counter. Nick Nurse is not such a fool that he's not gonna be ready for the Knicks to pull the same move again with OG and Precious. We'll see if he can make an adjustment.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,410

Post#52 » by KnicksGod » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:15 pm

aggo wrote:
sol537 wrote:
DaGawd wrote:so? he’s basically just injury insurance.. situational, nothing wrong with that

But

>>>>

Mitch as backup c

The question is who takes Mitch, what you get back, when does the salary expire, etc.
sol537
RealGM

Post#53 » by sol537 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:23 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
aggo wrote:
sol537 wrote:

But

>>>>

Mitch as backup c

The question is who takes Mitch, what you get back, when does the salary expire, etc.

A young team under the cap willing to absorb his salary and send back a young player and or picks...
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#54 » by Spree2Houston » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:23 pm

We need to finish Philly off tomorrow night. Can’t give them any momentum going in a potential game 6. Still have PTSD from the 97 Playoffs
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 29,934

Post#55 » by HerSports85 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:27 pm

Read on Twitter
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
WaltFrazier
RealGM
And1: 27,006

Post#56 » by WaltFrazier » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Read on Twitter

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL josh is a damn fool but God I love this guy.... I gave him so much **** in the playoffs last season & this season but damn has he literally transformed his game bc he's simply a winner.... he's a winning player just something about him, his effort, his grit, fortitude, passion, desire to **** out work anyone against him.... super TEAM first guy.... I **** LOVE this team. I don't want Embiitch anywhere near this squad of warriors

Just make a few of those threes and drives on Tuesday Josh, we're good.
There goes my hero. Watch him as he goes.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,480

Post#57 » by BigShot Bojan » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
DaGawd wrote:
Context wrote:Don't forget about him Knick family...
Read on Twitter

we have way too many important pieces who are impending free agents…

One counterargument is that Mitch, iHart and Precious is too many guys (not necessarily) so if Hartenstein is signed, we keep Precious. If Hartenstein returns, tough call and depends on what Precious's number looks like.

If that dude could lock himself in a gym and get a consistent 3pt shot he would be infinitely valuable. A dude who is big enough to guard any position and can hit a three. My god
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,589

Post#58 » by rajajackal » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:
DaGawd wrote:we have way too many important pieces who are impending free agents…

One counterargument is that Mitch, iHart and Precious is too many guys (not necessarily) so if Hartenstein is signed, we keep Precious. If Hartenstein returns, tough call and depends on what Precious's number looks like.

If that dude could lock himself in a gym and get a consistent 3pt shot he would be infinitely valuable. A dude who is big enough to guard any position and can hit a three. My god

why isn't your name bigshot brunson
Iron Mantis
RealGM
And1: 19,123

Post#59 » by Iron Mantis » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 pm

The don greenlighted the Sixers.

They sent their most trusted assassin to execute the hit.

Tomorrow......

bronxknicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 1,524

Post#60 » by bronxknicksfan1 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 pm

Why would we move off of Mitch, who is the best offensive rebounder in the league and an elite defender at the 5? He’s a big contributor to this team’s build. Staying the course and getting healthy sounds like a better option than trading too many pieces for a star that just got swept in the 1st round.

Return to New York Knicks