ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,493

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#641 » by sol537 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:07 pm

Mitch cannot guard Maxey's threes.... Mitch cannot guard Maxey's threes.... Mitch cannot guard Maxey's threes....

Thibs is going to absolutely die on the Mitch hill unless Mitch gets injured again.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,510

Post#642 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 4:08 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:It's over. Knicks had their chance and blew it.

I get the feeling Buzz but we got this...I think our guys started to get too cute. they got two games to PROVE that they are the best team.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 732

Post#643 » by Barcs » Wed May 1, 2024 4:09 pm

Context wrote:
8516knicks wrote:
matchman wrote:NYK Coaching staff should walk to Philly :lol:

That guy defines "passionate." I still can't believe that last 27 sec before end of regulation. Even more unbelievable than our 2nd game win ending. :crazy: :noway: :nonono:

I agree- atleast it took Brunsons 3, hart and Brunson harassing maxey, hart stealing the ball, a divo miss, an Ihart rebound, a OG perfect pass and a Diov 3 to get the lead back that we allowed them to steal in the first place...
but we let Maxey beat us back to back...

I want to see the knicks take their energy and go into Philly and show the nba why we are the better team defensively-period.

Yep and right before that Hart missed 2 clutch free throws and Brunson went 1-2. The comeback should not have been needed. This team needs to spend the next 2 days shooting free throws, because that was abysmal and almost every player stunk from the line even Brunson.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran

Post#644 » by Barcs » Wed May 1, 2024 4:12 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:Josh Harts 3 point shot appearing for 3 games then just vanishing is one of the more funny things about the series. How do you shoot like Ray for 3 games, then turn into Josh Smith from 3 in a heartbeat.

It looks like his confidence was shot or he was gassed. His shots barely reached the rim and then he kept passing up open 3s.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#645 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 4:12 pm

BowlRips wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I just think Brunson has to change his approach really, and Thibs has to play Precious. Mitch I'm afraid is one of those guys who will keep doing boneheaded stuff. Oh well.

I honestly think 6ers have a serious advantage but we'll see, hopefully I'm wrong. It's not a choke so much as stupidity.

But if you play Precious, it has to be at Center. This is not the series to play two bigs.

I don't disagree with playing Mitch over Achiuwa overall.
But a simple adjustment down 6 with 2 time outs was to have Achiuwa in for Mitch and either have him or OG guarding Embiid allowing you to switch.

Agree 100%! I would neve ever under any circumstance have Mitch out there in the final few minutes because of his FT shooting to begin with. And after last night, I'd honestly demote him and go with Precious the rest of the way. Mitch's mental error fouling Maxey is unforgivable to me.
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#646 » by Gravy » Wed May 1, 2024 4:13 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Gravy wrote:Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.

Makes it 100x worse when Donte is having such a quiet series averaging under 10 ppg and 30% from 3. That's just not good enough.

Donte has lowkey been a big disappointment. We still need him out there in case he gets hot and to space the floor.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 83,020

Post#647 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 4:16 pm

Context wrote:
thebuzzardman wrote:It's over. Knicks had their chance and blew it.

I get the feeling Buzz but we got this...I think our guys started to get too cute. they got two games to PROVE that they are the best team.

Nah. I've seen this script before in Knicks history, during the Ewing era.

Knicks never upgraded a few positions enough to put the team over the top.

Oak, Ward/Harper, Starks, great defenders, but all had some kind of offensive limitation (Oak couldn't really score in the post, Ward couldn't drive it that well, Harper was a bit too old when the Knicks got him, Starks was streaky).

They needed one of those positions to have a better, truer scorer. That player never arrived.

I'm not saying this will be Brunson's fate. This FO at least has the assets and flexibility to make a move to upgrade the C or SG spot, eventually. But it won't be in time to save this playoffs.

Knicks are running out Brunson, OG and 5 bench players. C'mon. It's over.

Great series. These players have great heart. They should retain many of them for depth, culture, effort, but the team needs to get better. Philly has more talent, even with Embid hobbling around. Not a lot more, but enough more.
Context
RealGM

Post#648 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 4:16 pm

sol537 wrote:I don’t trust Thibs or this team… yet. That’s why I don’t expect a win of this series. Maybe 50-50 at this point which is crazy when up 3-1…

I still believe in this team. they are failing to take that next step to performong like an ELITE team. Hopefully this last game was the final lesson...I believe it was...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#649 » by Gravy » Wed May 1, 2024 4:18 pm

NY2k1 wrote:
Gravy wrote:Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.

Randle would have been that guy. I hope this series proves how valuable he is.

**** Jaime Jaquez Jr

His presence out there needs to be accounted for by the defense. Nurse isn't losing sleep figuring out how to stop JHart, OG or Precious from scoring.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,036

Post#650 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 4:18 pm

Gravy wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

Makes it 100x worse when Donte is having such a quiet series averaging under 10 ppg and 30% from 3. That's just not good enough.

Donte has lowkey been a big disappointment. We still need him out there in case he gets hot and to space the floor.

He's been awful, and a detriment to the team at this point. They have to stop playing him if he's not making shots within the first 4 mins just pull him from the game.

We have a 117 ORTG and 123 DRTG when he's been on the floor, while Deuce is 115 ORTG and 103 DRTG. Tom is throwing the series just putting Donte on the floor, yeah he made the shot in game 2, but he's been flat out horrible in 4 games. The Sixers can score when he's on the floor.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#651 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 1, 2024 4:18 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Oddly I don’t care that much. I hope we still win the series (and honestly still fairly confident we will close it out) and it would mean a lot to win a series in back to back seasons but I don’t honestly believe this team as currently constructed can go all the way. So eventually we will have to eat a painful series loss. Hopefully it’s in round two or three instead of this series but I’m mentally prepared for the season to end eventually. Now the team has to find a way to put this behind them and move on and fans need to find a way do the same.

This.

That's why I'm more interested in who they might acquire in the offseason than the playoffs.

I mean, the playoffs have been great, but they are playing way over their head with Randle out.

Even if Randle was in, not sure how far the team would have gone, because he's not the most interested defender.

Team took a nice step getting OG and making the playoffs etc, it's still at least one piece away from really being a contender.

True but it's a philosophical question on the point of sports at all, since 29 of 30 teams won't win and only like 3 of the 30, generously, have a shot.
Context
RealGM

Post#652 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 4:20 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
ScienceOfLosing wrote:
Simple, we should have fouled so there was no three.
Got the order wrong w Mitch foul (stupid) and no foul on inbounds. (Stupid)
Why was Mitch even next to the 3 pt line? Stupid.

Fouling there is easier said than done. Maxet is really fast and he can see the foul coming and try and throw something at the hoop and then everyone would be complaining why we put Maxey to the line to tie it up. I agree that ideally we should have fouled but I just don't know if it's that simple. It's not NBA 2K where are you press a button and you get the automatic intentional foul.

What are you even talking about? Maxey isn't The Flash or some kind of marvel mutant.

The ball was inbounded on the opposite side of the Court to EMBIID, not Maxey.....

No Knicks players rushed to foul the inbound pass recipient.. everyone ran the OPPOSITE way.

You foul AS SOON AS the ball is inbounded.

You're telling me you couldn't foul here? Be for real. They obviously had the order to just play...

exactly..i love all of you but some of you have crowned Maxey (who will get there but hes not there YET;we are more than capable
of shutting him down) unguardable...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,436

Post#653 » by god shammgod » Wed May 1, 2024 4:21 pm

we stole a game and now they stole a game. if they can win 3 in a row on us, we were never any good anyway so it doesn't matter.
Context
RealGM

Post#654 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 4:21 pm

Knicks Byke wrote:were simply not ready.

this will finally be answered in game 6 but you could be right...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,493

Post#655 » by sol537 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:24 pm

Gravy wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:

Outside of game two, DDV and iHart have been absolute trash in this series. Like deer in headlights bad.

Meanwhile, OG + McBride + Precious have showed they could play big in big minutes but Thibs forgot all about the crucial game four 4th quarter. Incredible.
Barcs
Veteran

Post#656 » by Barcs » Wed May 1, 2024 4:25 pm

sol537 wrote:Mitch cannot guard Maxey's threes.... Mitch cannot guard Maxey's threes.... Mitch cannot guard Maxey's threes....

Thibs is going to absolutely die on the Mitch hill unless Mitch gets injured again.

Nobody can guard Maxey's 3s, the guy is practically unguardable. Mitch does more good than bad.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,036

Post#657 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 4:26 pm

Context wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Fouling there is easier said than done. Maxet is really fast and he can see the foul coming and try and throw something at the hoop and then everyone would be complaining why we put Maxey to the line to tie it up. I agree that ideally we should have fouled but I just don't know if it's that simple. It's not NBA 2K where are you press a button and you get the automatic intentional foul.

What are you even talking about? Maxey isn't The Flash or some kind of marvel mutant.

The ball was inbounded on the opposite side of the Court to EMBIID, not Maxey.....

No Knicks players rushed to foul the inbound pass recipient.. everyone ran the OPPOSITE way.

You foul AS SOON AS the ball is inbounded.

You're telling me you couldn't foul here? Be for real. They obviously had the order to just play...

exactly..i love all of you but some of you have crowned Maxey (who will get there but hes not there YET;we are more than capable
of shutting him down) unguardable...

It's not about crowing him, we are no more capable of shutting him down than they are of doing it to Brunson. He is an elite scorer that can hit Lillard range threes and has DeAron Fox speed. For all intents and purposes he is unguardable to us and has proven that in the 5 games. The problem the Sixers present for us is that if Embiid doesn't have it on that night they can fall back on just going to Maxey, if Embiid does have it going then we're not winning if they're both playing well. We have made the decision to try and contain Embiid with doubles, and that means Maxey is going to cook.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
Spot31
Pro Prospect
And1: 598

Post#658 » by Spot31 » Wed May 1, 2024 4:27 pm

Meat wrote:even when they win, you cant run this back, there needs to be another shot creator in the backcourt

Donovan Mitchell
"And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character hope." Rom. 5: 2-4
Context
RealGM

Post#659 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 4:30 pm

Fury wrote:
Jeff Van Gully wrote:Man **** all this whining. It’s the past. Who on GT?

I'm still broken

How do you guys just go through the day

Look at the post game comments-even thibs...almost all of them seem annoyed with themselves as if they are responsible-Hart seems
really down on himself because he could have sealed the game with that free throw he missed...
I think ultimately - we will see the knicks best defensive game of the series for game 6- they play better on the road anyway Fury...
but yeah the post game interviews from the knicks should make you feel better and go do something to distract you on your free time until 9pm tomorrow :D
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#660 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 4:32 pm

DaGawd wrote:woke up pissed tf off today….

that happened to me at midnight :lol: I think that's happended to many of us because we know that was on the team and i believe
they know that too- it didnt happen because they are better than us...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks