ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,863

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#601 » by cgmw » Wed May 1, 2024 2:55 pm

j4remi wrote:Knicks shot below 30% from three, below 70% from the free throw line, and lost the rebound battle. It still took a God-tier effort from Maxey, a bunch of unlikely errors from the Knicks in the clutch, and overtime for Philly to win.

I'm pissed we lost, but I still feel good about closing out the series. I just wish they'd gotten extra rest...and I'm kinda tight Precious didn't get rewarded for his effort last game. Even if it was just to buy Hart five minutes to catch his breath, Precious earned a few minutes.

This is the first Knicks content of any kind (including this board) I’ve allowed myself to look at since turning off the TV in shock and disgust last night.

Thanks for the perspective. I’m going to quit while I’m ahead and go back to my hole now to prepare myself for game 6 war.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,451

Post#602 » by spree8 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:00 pm

sol537 wrote:I’ve lost all trust in Thibs which is why I’m expecting a game 7 series loss, barring another “miracle” from someone.

Why? He’s proven that he’s capable of making the necessary adjustments. I think he’ll make better decisions next game for sure. Those crybabies are not beating us
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#603 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 3:01 pm

I don't think I've ever been as angry, disappointed and dejected after a loss.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,984
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#604 » by will » Wed May 1, 2024 3:01 pm

Welp. Need to dig deep and move on.

Need a few 3 balls from Donte. Streakier than a pair of stained undies.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,289

Post#605 » by TKKnicks1 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:07 pm

j4remi wrote:Knicks shot below 30% from three, below 70% from the free throw line, and lost the rebound battle. It still took a God-tier effort from Maxey, a bunch of unlikely errors from the Knicks in the clutch, and overtime for Philly to win.

I'm pissed we lost, but I still feel good about closing out the series. I just wish they'd gotten extra rest...and I'm kinda tight Precious didn't get rewarded for his effort last game. Even if it was just to buy Hart five minutes to catch his breath, Precious earned a few minutes.

Ya that is the silver lining but Embiid and Lowry both had their worst game of the series. Don't think that will happen again. Lowry especially looked like he was ready for the beach. Sixers definitely gonna come out with a pep in their step for game 6.
~I Believe!~
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,036

Post#606 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 3:09 pm

spree8 wrote:
sol537 wrote:I’ve lost all trust in Thibs which is why I’m expecting a game 7 series loss, barring another “miracle” from someone.

Why? He’s proven that he’s capable of making the necessary adjustments. I think he’ll make better decisions next game for sure. Those crybabies are not beating us

Donte should be coming off the bench in this series, there's no point in splitting their minutes anymore, you play Deuce 40+ mpg and bring in Donte for a couple of minutes to see if he can make a couple threes, if he can't he's a pointless player in this series.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
spree8
RealGM

Post#607 » by spree8 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:12 pm

Call me crazy, but I think Thibs should at least try putting Burks in to see if he can catch fire… maybe he learned his lesson from riding the bench all this time. It’s worth it to give our guys some rest. If he can at least match rat boy’s production on the other end, it’s worth it. I’d go with this next game..

Jalen (40) / Deuce (8)
Deuce (30) / Donte (18)
Hart (40) / Burks (8)
OG (40) / Precious (8)
iHart (28) / Mitch (18) / Precious (2)

More rest for key guys/better FG%, better on the boards, more Deuce/less Donte, put OG on Embiid more, and see if Burks can redeem himself and give us another weapon.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,492

Post#608 » by sol537 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:14 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:Still trying to to figure out why Thibs didn't put OG on Embiid or play Precious. I'm looking through all the post game notes and videos and not a single mention of it. These Knicks beat writers are trash and afraid to ask the relevant questions. Bojan out and you can't come up with 10-12 mins for Precious? Is he injured? I can't get over this.

Because Thibs is a dinosaur stuck in his old ways... we needed a Mitch injury for Thibs to be forced into the 4th quarter OG on Embiid, Precious on Tobias, and McBride on Maxey set-up that had us completely shut down Maxey and Embiid in game 4.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 924

Post#609 » by NY2k1 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:16 pm

sol537 wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:Still trying to to figure out why Thibs didn't put OG on Embiid or play Precious. I'm looking through all the post game notes and videos and not a single mention of it. These Knicks beat writers are trash and afraid to ask the relevant questions. Bojan out and you can't come up with 10-12 mins for Precious? Is he injured? I can't get over this.

Because Thibs is a dinosaur stuck in his old ways... we needed a Mitch injury for Thibs to be forced into the 4th quarter OG on Embiid, Precious on Tobias, and McBride on Maxey set-up that had us completely shut down Maxey and Embiid in game 4.

It almost makes me wish Mitch was out one more game.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#610 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 1, 2024 3:18 pm

spree8 wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Thibs should at least try putting Burks in to see if he can catch fire… maybe he learned his lesson from riding the bench all this time. It’s worth it to give our guys some rest. If he can at least match rat boy’s production on the other end, it’s worth it. I’d go with this next game..

Jalen (40) / Deuce (8)
Deuce (30) / Donte (18)
Hart (40) / Burks (8)
OG (40) / Precious (8)

More rest for key guys/better FG%, better on the boards, more Deuce/less Donte, put OG on Embiid more, and see if Burks can redeem himself and give us another weapon.
you’re crazy …Burks is horrendous and was playing for his contract (selfish hero ball)
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#611 » by nedleeds » Wed May 1, 2024 3:22 pm

Wildcat wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
DaGawd wrote:it’s crazy how this one loss brought out all the thibs haters after he was getting praise before this lol

I wanted to fire him after his coty fake covid season.

I swear I think this is someone's burner account.

I swear I think you are Leon Rose's kid at CAA.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
spree8
RealGM

Post#612 » by spree8 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:22 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:
spree8 wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Thibs should at least try putting Burks in to see if he can catch fire… maybe he learned his lesson from riding the bench all this time. It’s worth it to give our guys some rest. If he can at least match rat boy’s production on the other end, it’s worth it. I’d go with this next game..

Jalen (40) / Deuce (8)
Deuce (30) / Donte (18)
Hart (40) / Burks (8)
OG (40) / Precious (8)

you’re crazy …Burks is horrendous and was playing for his contract (selfish hero ball)

I mean he is human and capable of changing/buying in. That’s between him n Thibs. We know what he’s capable of, just a matter of making a choice. I’m just saying I’d throw him in same way Nurse tries a few mins with Cam.

It’s worth a shot considering how exhausted our guys are and what it’s clearly doing to their efficiency. If Donte even showed up, I wouldn’t think of it, but that guy ghosted us, thankfully he hit a legendary shot, but that’s it…
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 38,015

Post#613 » by MrDollarBills » Wed May 1, 2024 3:23 pm

cgmw wrote:

This is the first Knicks content of any kind (including this board) I’ve allowed myself to look at since turning off the TV in shock and disgust last night.

Thanks for the perspective. I’m going to quit while I’m ahead and go back to my hole now to prepare myself for game 6 war.

The Sixers had to lift heaven and earth last night to escape MSG alive. I know it's a disappointing situation, but I feel really good about the Knicks finishing them off tomorrow
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,583

Post#614 » by stuporman » Wed May 1, 2024 3:24 pm

This series is going 7...because of course it is, the league is negotiating a new media deal so they need as much drama as possible. Get ready for the 30FTA game for Embiid.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,163

Post#615 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed May 1, 2024 3:25 pm

Iron Mantis wrote:
ezmoney707 wrote:
Iron Mantis wrote:What are you even talking about? Maxey isn't The Flash or some kind of marvel mutant.

The ball was inbounded on the opposite side of the Court to EMBIID, not Maxey.....

No Knicks players rushed to foul the inbound pass recipient.. everyone ran the OPPOSITE way.

You foul AS SOON AS the ball is inbounded.

You're telling me you couldn't foul here? Be for real. They obviously had the order to just play...

Thibs was calling to foul , the players even said it was communicated to foul, Deuce must of not heard it. For all the big shots he made Deuce had a few blunders on defense last night

Dang...that's rough.

Its strange because there was zero pressure on the inbounds pass, no one went for the steel/foul, nothing.

Just let the Sixers casually inbound and saunter up the court to take a 3.

The plan was probably to foul when they got to half court. You want them to take time off the clock and not foul right away. Thibs didn't screem to foul until Maxey was at half court. But by that time it was too late. The screen was set and nobody was there to help.

The biggest issue on that last play is still that Mitch was in the game. He was not in position and even if he was in position he's not quick enough to switch onto Maxey especially being banged up. Wrong guy to have out there when everyone knew what was coming and they just basically took advantage the play before. The sixers ran the perfect play to take advantage again and executed.

Multiple points of failure and blame to go all around to everyone. It really took multiple things to go wrong
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#616 » by nedleeds » Wed May 1, 2024 3:25 pm

spree8 wrote:

Thibs is a legend for never adjusting until some outside force changes things. Like Noah dying. Like Mitch being out. Like the IQ trade forcing him to play Deuce. Like this insane backwards clown planet franchise not re-signing Elfrid Payton.

What is the offensive adjustment? You can't adjust nothing. Thibs has no offense. It's give ball to player, yell and look like Frankenstein at a barbeque. Hope iso-Randle iso-Brunson iso-Butler iso-Rose results in a basket.
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#617 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 3:25 pm

If we lose this series, would it go down as the greatest collapse in Knicks history? I think it would.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,567

Post#618 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed May 1, 2024 3:27 pm

spree8 wrote:

What adjustments has Thibs made?
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,503

Post#619 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 3:29 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:
Context wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Thibs figured out the formula in Game 4, and then just didn't use it..

Stupid stupid play.

I dont agree that it was Mitch...this goes on Hart for not making both free throws...

That BS 4 point play for Maxey WAS NOT A FOUL! Mitch landed and was NEXT to him bouncing away from contact and Maxey jumped into him sideways. Bad call. Foul baiting has ruined the game for me.

This one hurts my soul right now. Hart missing that FT opened the door for this loss. You could see guys were gassed in the end. What happened to Precious? Thibs don't like him anymore?

not going to lie- me too and I agree- I hate to say this but that looked like the refs extending the series...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
spree8
RealGM

Post#620 » by spree8 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:30 pm

nedleeds wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Thibs is a legend for never adjusting until some outside force changes things. Like Noah dying. Like Mitch being out. Like the IQ trade forcing him to play Deuce. Like this insane backwards clown planet franchise not re-signing Elfrid Payton.

What is the offensive adjustment? You can't adjust nothing. Thibs has no offense. It's give ball to player, yell and look like Frankenstein at a barbeque. Hope iso-Randle iso-Brunson iso-Butler iso-Rose results in a basket.

These are old narratives man cmon. If you haven’t seen the changes, I dunno what to tell you

Return to New York Knicks