ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Maxey travels for the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss.

Moderators: HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,251

Re: PG: Mitch costs us the win, Maxey doesn't miss.. tough tough loss. 

Post#621 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:30 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:If we lose this series, would it go down as the greatest collapse in Knicks history? I think it would.

y’all too dramatic lol.. not even close
BaF
Washington Wizards
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,499

Post#622 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 3:34 pm

Adelheid wrote:its learning experience for the cats; you also have to be aware of the screener not just the guy you are supposed to guard

these guys are releasing the foot from the pedal and this is the wrong time to do that. Cant disrespect your opponent like that

This is what I started to realize...our team is getting too cocky...this game was a "are we an elite team who buries an opponnet test?"
the answer is NO- not yet. Plain and simple. They know better and the only thing I liked from most of the guys post game interviews is-they had this aura/energy of they know better...we will see in game 6...we can not be out rebounded by a team -when we are the better rebounders. period. and maxey aint kyrie YET-so you can not let him go 7-12 from 3....
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 732

Post#623 » by Barcs » Wed May 1, 2024 3:36 pm

I don't know why anybody is surprised at this or only blaming Mitch. The Knicks have been checking out in the last 2 minutes of almost every game of this series, and this kind of thing has actually been happening most of the season. Now these errors are also happening early game as well now. Players are gassed.

This team is not a #2 seed and they aren't winning a 2nd round series. Hell, they'll be lucky to win this series. They should have lost game 2 and be on the brink of elimination right now, but philly choked harder than we did. Knicks got lucky. They HAD to put this game away yesterday but they failed in epic choke fashion.

- Awful Turnovers
- Terrible fouls
- Missed free throws
- Poor clock management
- Poor discipline
- Completely gassed (I knew it was over the second it went to overtime)
- Turning fast breaks into points for the other team due to rushing instead of being patient and getting it to the open man.
- Blowing wide open layups or dunks
- Not getting quality shots

I think it's mostly on Thibbs. This 7man rotation **** doesn't work, you need some fresh players. It's just making the players more and more gassed down the stretch and is probably why they are so mistake prone. Why didn't Precious get any minutes? He killed it down the stretch in game 4 and is one of the main reasons the Knicks survived that. Brunson didn't get a single rest in the first half and you could tell he was tiring out and barely getting shots to reach the basket. At least Thibbs noticed and pull him but it was probably too late at that point.

I love Josh Hart, he plays his ass off and is a very good defender, but he makes a lot of mental errors and flat out sucks on offense. He'll pass up wide open shots and then force a shot that's 10 times harder. He can't hit clutch free throws to save his life. In those situations you gotta get the ball to a good FT shooter. Why is mitch even out there?

And yeah, the Knicks disgraced Larry Johnson's legacy right in front of his face. All they had to do was not **** up and they couldn't even get that right. Sorry to say, this team is fool's gold. They play defense but have no offensive discipline at all. You need more than Brunson scoring points and iso.

At least the Bucks won so the Knicks aren't facing a completely fresh Indiana team, but honestly, I don't think it's going to matter. This team is too undisciplined and beat up. They will destroy our 7 man rotation, just like philly has in the clutch.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#624 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 3:36 pm

DaGawd wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:If we lose this series, would it go down as the greatest collapse in Knicks history? I think it would.

Which one would be worse? Can't say 1993 after being up 2-0 on Chicago cause well, it was Jordan. I don't think anything tops being up 6 with under 30 secs left and we go on to lose the series.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 732

Post#625 » by Barcs » Wed May 1, 2024 3:37 pm

DaGawd wrote:

Last night's loss was worse than the Reggie Miller game. It wasn't just one player being good, it was the Knicks completely collapsing. I agree that when the Knicks lose this series, it will be the biggest collapse in playoff history.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,031

Post#626 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Wed May 1, 2024 3:37 pm

Josh Harts 3 point shot appearing for 3 games then just vanishing is one of the more funny things about the series. How do you shoot like Ray for 3 games, then turn into Josh Smith from 3 in a heartbeat.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#627 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:38 pm

Barcs wrote:
DaGawd wrote:

Last night's loss was worse than the Reggie Miller game. It wasn't just one player being good, it was the Knicks completely collapsing. I agree that when the Knicks lose this series, it will be the biggest collapse in playoff history.

i’m looking at it in the context of missing our second mbest player and an important bench piece..i’d say reggie was worse any day
BaF
Washington Wizards
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,499

Post#628 » by Context » Wed May 1, 2024 3:40 pm

8516knicks wrote:
matchman wrote:
Context wrote:
after seeing this it only cemented my opinion.

NYK Coaching staff should walk to Philly :lol:

That guy defines "passionate." I still can't believe that last 27 sec before end of regulation. Even more unbelievable than our 2nd game win ending. :crazy: :noway: :nonono:

I agree- atleast it took Brunsons 3, hart and Brunson harassing maxey, hart stealing the ball, a divo miss, an Ihart rebound, a OG perfect pass and a Diov 3 to get the lead back that we allowed them to steal in the first place...
but we let Maxey beat us back to back...

I want to see the knicks take their energy and go into Philly and show the nba why we are the better team defensively-period.
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 5,000

Post#629 » by 8516knicks » Wed May 1, 2024 3:46 pm

Aside from the Knicks having won the series already, can anyone deny this has been an amazingly entertaining series? Donte's shot, Embid's 50, Brun's 47, Maxey's 46 and two of the most incredible finishes of regulation in NBA history. :clap:
Gravy
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,848

Post#630 » by Gravy » Wed May 1, 2024 3:47 pm

Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.
DaGawd
RealGM

Post#631 » by DaGawd » Wed May 1, 2024 3:48 pm

8516knicks wrote:Aside from the Knicks having won the series already, can anyone deny this has been an amazingly entertaining series? Donte's shot, Embid's 50, Brun's 47, Maxey's 46 and two of the most incredible finishes of regulation in NBA history. :clap:

yep, we have the eye of the nba world atm. now let’s finish this in 6.. rather not do a game 7 :lol:
BaF
Washington Wizards
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#632 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 3:54 pm

8516knicks wrote:Aside from the Knicks having won the series already, can anyone deny this has been an amazingly entertaining series? Donte's shot, Embid's 50, Brun's 47, Maxey's 46 and two of the most incredible finishes of regulation in NBA history. :clap:

No I hate this.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#633 » by KnicksGod » Wed May 1, 2024 3:55 pm

I just think Brunson has to change his approach really, and Thibs has to play Precious. Mitch I'm afraid is one of those guys who will keep doing boneheaded stuff. Oh well.

I honestly think 6ers have a serious advantage but we'll see, hopefully I'm wrong. It's not a choke so much as stupidity.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#634 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 3:55 pm

Gravy wrote:Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.

Makes it 100x worse when Donte is having such a quiet series averaging under 10 ppg and 30% from 3. That's just not good enough.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran

Post#635 » by FrozenEnvelope » Wed May 1, 2024 3:56 pm

KnicksGod wrote:I just think Brunson has to change his approach really, and Thibs has to play Precious. Mitch I'm afraid is one of those guys who will keep doing boneheaded stuff. Oh well.

I honestly think 6ers have a serious advantage but we'll see, hopefully I'm wrong. It's not a choke so much as stupidity.

But if you play Precious, it has to be at Center. This is not the series to play two bigs.
NY2k1
Starter
And1: 924

Post#636 » by NY2k1 » Wed May 1, 2024 3:56 pm

Gravy wrote:Brunson just does not have a #2 guy on offense to rely on consistently. It was eventually going to bite us in the playoffs despite fans thinking Hart or somebody else would always keep hitting crazy shots above their skill level.

Randle would have been that guy. I hope this series proves how valuable he is.

**** Jaime Jaquez Jr
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,844

Post#637 » by BowlRips » Wed May 1, 2024 4:01 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:
KnicksGod wrote:I just think Brunson has to change his approach really, and Thibs has to play Precious. Mitch I'm afraid is one of those guys who will keep doing boneheaded stuff. Oh well.

But if you play Precious, it has to be at Center. This is not the series to play two bigs.

I don't disagree with playing Mitch over Achiuwa overall.
But a simple adjustment down 6 with 2 time outs was to have Achiuwa in for Mitch and either have him or OG guarding Embiid allowing you to switch.
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,567

Post#638 » by Hes_On_Fire » Wed May 1, 2024 4:02 pm

spree8 wrote:
nedleeds wrote:
spree8 wrote:

Why? He’s proven that he’s capable of making the necessary adjustments. I think he’ll make better decisions next game for sure. Those crybabies are not beating us

Thibs is a legend for never adjusting until some outside force changes things. Like Noah dying. Like Mitch being out. Like the IQ trade forcing him to play Deuce. Like this insane backwards clown planet franchise not re-signing Elfrid Payton.

What is the offensive adjustment? You can't adjust nothing. Thibs has no offense. It's give ball to player, yell and look like Frankenstein at a barbeque. Hope iso-Randle iso-Brunson iso-Butler iso-Rose results in a basket.

These are old narratives man cmon. If you haven’t seen the changes, I dunno what to tell you

You could tell us these amazing changes instead of just telling us they happened and we didn’t see them.

Otherwise you’re just talking out your ass.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,998

Post#639 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 4:03 pm

robillionaire wrote:Oddly I don’t care that much. I hope we still win the series (and honestly still fairly confident we will close it out) and it would mean a lot to win a series in back to back seasons but I don’t honestly believe this team as currently constructed can go all the way. So eventually we will have to eat a painful series loss. Hopefully it’s in round two or three instead of this series but I’m mentally prepared for the season to end eventually. Now the team has to find a way to put this behind them and move on and fans need to find a way do the same.

This.

That's why I'm more interested in who they might acquire in the offseason than the playoffs.

I mean, the playoffs have been great, but they are playing way over their head with Randle out.

Even if Randle was in, not sure how far the team would have gone, because he's not the most interested defender.

Team took a nice step getting OG and making the playoffs etc, it's still at least one piece away from really being a contender.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,998

Post#640 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 1, 2024 4:05 pm

spree8 wrote:Call me crazy, but I think Thibs should at least try putting Burks in to see if he can catch fire… maybe he learned his lesson from riding the bench all this time. It’s worth it to give our guys some rest. If he can at least match rat boy’s production on the other end, it’s worth it. I’d go with this next game..

Jalen (40) / Deuce (8)
Deuce (30) / Donte (18)
Hart (40) / Burks (8)
OG (40) / Precious (8)
iHart (28) / Mitch (18) / Precious (2)

More rest for key guys/better FG%, better on the boards, more Deuce/less Donte, put OG on Embiid more, and see if Burks can redeem himself and give us another weapon.

crazy

:D

Return to New York Knicks