ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers (Thu, 9PM)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,949

Re: GT: New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers (Thu, 9PM) 

Post#121 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 2, 2024 1:08 am

god shammgod wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:What’s your thoughts on the pg title

it was a bad foul. although, maxey did jump sideways into him and he actually traveled before he shot it. i want to see the 2 minute report :lol:

Read on Twitter

told ya. mitch was unfairly victimized :lol:

I fixed the PG title just for you.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
rajajackal
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,590

Re: GT: NBA Says Knicks Won Series 4-1 But Need To Win 1 More ... New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers (Thu, 9PM) 

Post#123 » by rajajackal » Thu May 2, 2024 1:14 am

who changed my gt title...that feels like bad juju :lol:
rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#124 » by rajajackal » Thu May 2, 2024 1:18 am

i changed it back. but if we lose now you can blame whichever mod got drunk and disrupted my traditions
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#125 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 2, 2024 1:30 am

Wanna know something pathetic, Sixers fans have not posted anything about the L2M report on their board, I went over there to see what they were saying about it and they're not even mentioning it. :lol:

After all that crying about Game 2, no integrity from them, not surprised.

Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,405

Re: GT: NBA Says Knicks Won Series 4-1 But Need To Win 1 More ... New York Knicks @ Philadelphia 76ers (Thu, 9PM) 

Post#126 » by Fat Kat » Thu May 2, 2024 1:31 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=W09F6FrMDfp5_y1gKYgF1g

All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,890

Post#127 » by Capn'O » Thu May 2, 2024 1:35 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
rajajackal wrote:it's crazy how eager people around here are to jump him. especially after how embiid has been making hartenstein look on defense

Yup. Mitch held the line with Embiid in his minutes. Plus he had that massive momentum dunk. He played well overall.

He did, I just don't like him on the switch with Maxey and they abused that multiple times in the 4th and OT.

Precious on the switch could be much more capable.

Definitely think Precious should have gotten run.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,199

Post#128 » by TKKnicks1 » Thu May 2, 2024 1:52 am

When is Divo gonna have his Derrick White moment and hit 6, 7 or 8 threes in this series? I would argue that Divo is the better shooter and Miami's defense is better than the 76ers so what the hell is going on with him?!
~I Believe!~
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,733

Post#129 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 2, 2024 1:53 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:i wonder if he finally switches up the starting lineup. can't afford to keep giving up leads at the start of every half.

What’s your thoughts on the pg title

Sham knows I'm a Mitch supporter. I just called it like I saw it last night in frustration and disbelief. He played drop coverage on Maxey twice when he shouldn't have. You're up 6, you play up on the guy and give up the 2 if you have to..

@sham
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Im Coming Home
RealGM

Post#130 » by Im Coming Home » Thu May 2, 2024 1:56 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:What’s your thoughts on the pg title

Sham knows I'm a Mitch supporter. I just called it like I saw it last night in frustration and disbelief. He played drop coverage on Maxey twice when he shouldn't have. You're up 6, you play up on the guy and give up the 2 if you have to..

@sham

He already got the tag from my quote. :lol:

rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by rajajackal » Thu May 2, 2024 1:59 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Sham knows I'm a Mitch supporter. I just called it like I saw it last night in frustration and disbelief. He played drop coverage on Maxey twice when he shouldn't have. You're up 6, you play up on the guy and give up the 2 if you have to..

@sham

yeah but melo's tryna instigate :lol:
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,733

Post#132 » by 3toheadmelo » Thu May 2, 2024 2:03 am

rajajackal wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:@sham

yeah but melo's tryna instigate :lol:

It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,173

Post#133 » by Spree2Houston » Thu May 2, 2024 2:07 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

Because he’s not going to be traded lol say goodbye to those Devin Booker, Spida, KAT, Embiid dreams

If we make a trade, it’ll be for another high end role player

Mikal Bridges
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,276

Post#134 » by robillionaire » Thu May 2, 2024 2:08 am

TheGreenArrow wrote:
Read on Twitter

rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#135 » by rajajackal » Thu May 2, 2024 2:14 am

i want randle back next year. i'm not sure if that means extending him before things shake out with potential additions or waiting until 2025 to shoot our shot with the best contract we can offer to him. you would think that as his agency, the caa knicks will do what serves him best financially. but so far we've seen that we've actually been able to secure guys on bargain contracts...
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,908

Post#136 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu May 2, 2024 2:18 am

I like how the Knicks are responding. Now get it done in G6. No more playing around, no more letting them get more offensive boards than us, no more bad starts to open the 1st quarter.

https://theathletic.com/5462939/2024/05/01/knicks-maxey-brunson-game-5/

Not gonna quote this whole article cause it's painful to re-live it, but the team said the right things after.

“I’m just going to take it like a man,” Robinson said. “I f—– up. I mean, s—, I gotta be better next game.”

“If I made both, we win,” Hart said. “So you know what the situation is, and I gotta take that one on the chin and not let it happen again.”

McBride relitigated his execution on that final possession when he could have fouled Maxey. Once Maxey blew past the screen, McBride was toast. But in retrospect, he said he “probably should’ve been up on him a little bit more.” Thibodeau and various players talked after the game about a lack of communication before that play. Thibodeau yelled from the sideline to foul, but a hack never came.

“That’s a game we should have won,” Hart said. “But now all we can do is just watch film and regroup and get ready for the game, whatever it is.”
Starksfor3yes
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#137 » by Starksfor3yes » Thu May 2, 2024 2:24 am

rajajackal wrote:i want randle back next year. i'm not sure if that means extending him before things shake out with potential additions or waiting until 2025 to shoot our shot with the best contract we can offer to him. you would think that as his agency, the caa knicks will do what serves him best financially. but so far we've seen that we've actually been able to secure guys on bargain contracts...

They are going to extend Randle and try to keep the whole band together, watching the Suns implode with Durant, Minny gotta keep Towns to keep Ant happy, Bucks wants to keep Giannis happy to stay and DM doesn't fit with Brunson. There is no outside star available that fit with Brunson.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,987

Post#138 » by 8516knicks » Thu May 2, 2024 2:28 am

Starksfor3yes wrote:
rajajackal wrote:i want randle back next year. i'm not sure if that means extending him before things shake out with potential additions or waiting until 2025 to shoot our shot with the best contract we can offer to him. you would think that as his agency, the caa knicks will do what serves him best financially. but so far we've seen that we've actually been able to secure guys on bargain contracts...

They are going to extend Randle and try to keep the whole band together, watching the Suns implode with Durant, Minny gotta keep Towns to keep Ant happy, Bucks wants to keep Giannis happy to stay and DM doesn't fit with Brunson. There is no outside star available that fit with Brunson.

It's not just about fitting with Brunson. It's also about court balance. JB is an all level scorer but as a player he's backcourt. We need someone front court to score - i. e. Randle.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,308

Post#139 » by TrueWarrior » Thu May 2, 2024 2:32 am

TKKnicks1 wrote:When is Divo gonna have his Derrick White moment and hit 6, 7 or 8 threes in this series? I would argue that Divo is the better shooter and Miami's defense is better than the 76ers so what the hell is going on with him?!

Donte has to try some new things at this point, but so does Thibs. We should be running Donte around off more screens to get him better looks. Have him cut more too. He’s not a guy who is going to create much for himself off the dribble. They’re playing him tight, so he creates spacing at least, but Jalen and Thibs basically had Donte/Deuce, OG, and Josh standing around watching Jalen shoot at the end. Too stationary with no ball or player movement. Idc how good Jalen is, that’s bad basketball.

I’ve had the same complaints about the Knicks since the 90s. Throughout all our coaches and whether it was Ewing, Houston, Marbury, Lee, Amare, Melo, KP, Julius, and now Brunson’s teams, we usually have a slow paced iso-offense at the bottom of assists without enough secondary scoring. Julius was supposed to help Jalen with that, but we’ll have to wait another year on him if he comes back.

Even if our offensive ratings have been good sometimes, the style is just ugly and predictable. Jalen has to trust his teammates more and get guys moving. They carried him in the first 2 games, and now he’s ignoring them as he’s gassed. Thibs isnt going to change his “system” so it’s up to Jalen to make better plays if he wants to truly be the man.
rajajackal
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by rajajackal » Thu May 2, 2024 2:51 am

well, looks like i'm going to this game with my older and younger brothers...i hate commuting to philadelphia. but it's my duty

Return to New York Knicks