ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Our Guys Stepped Up Down the Stretch

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Re: PG: Our Guys Stepped Up Down the Stretch + A Message from The POTUS 

Post#481 » by KnicksGod » Fri May 3, 2024 5:33 am

robillionaire wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Why didn’t we tank for the pacers. Philly is too good. Real #2 seed. So so so good.

they were pretty damn good :lol:

we win this series 6-0 with healthy Randle and bojan

We won the series 5-1 ... because I still don't think Hart's brush was a foul, Maxey walked and we were stupid, and Embiid should have been suspended
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,951

Post#482 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 3, 2024 5:34 am

Fury wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Great series! Hart deserves every penny. Brunson our superstar

Happy to send those cry babies home. They are insufferable with their whining…especially Nurse.

Nick Nurse might be the worst of them all. Dude is still whining

He could barely give the Knicks ANY credit after the game too, he's so pathetic. All he said was like props to those guys and then of course said a backhanded compliment like 'this series could've gone the other way i feel like, but it didn't' like FOH Bro GIVE THE TEAM THAT KNOCKED YOU OUT MORE CREDIT
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,921

Post#483 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 5:34 am

Guano wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
HerSports85 wrote:
Read on Twitter

More I listen to Maxy more I like him...kid is a solid human being.

and a walking bucket.

Yeah, I'm decisively pro Maxey, anti Embiid.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,698

Post#484 » by HopelessKnick » Fri May 3, 2024 5:35 am

Wow, what a game, what a series.

After the Knicks went up 33-11 I thought to myself "maybe we'll get a game that is going to go easier on our nerves and everything". Well didn't even last half a quarter and the game was basically tied again. After Philly went up 10 I was bracing for game 7. Big time heart by our guys to pull it out again after a 10 point deficit in the 4th.

OG and DD were incredibly huge. I thought DDs defense on Maxey was absolutely elite. He was fighting over every single screen and stuck to Maxey like a glove. I would have him mainly responsible for Maxey's off night. Brunson was huge again but somehow those 40 point games don't even feel special with him anymore. Like another day in the office. IHart and Mitch were rock solid and Josh Hart his usual possessed self. McBride hit a big 3 in the 4th as well.

Hats off to our guys but also hats off to Philly....they simply wouldn't go away. One of the best series I have watched recently. Knicks deserved it. So proud of our guys.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,482

Post#485 » by Guano » Fri May 3, 2024 5:39 am

Capn'O wrote:
Guano wrote:
KnickLeDime wrote:
More I listen to Maxy more I like him...kid is a solid human being.

and a walking bucket.

Yeah, I'm decisively pro Maxey, anti Embiid.

being a relentless foul merchant and playing like a big bumbling kid that recklessly hurts others is annoying. but also being completely unconditioned to play a full game is the biggest embarrassment. he turns into a pumpkin at the end of games. unless he gets that under control he will never be a winner.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,275

Post#486 » by Clyde_Style » Fri May 3, 2024 5:39 am

If we're drained, how do the players feel?
ImageImageImage
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,371

Post#487 » by aggo » Fri May 3, 2024 5:42 am

Donte played all 48

after game 5 maxey running around killing us

thibs again goes against the grain and trusts his starter to deliver.
Najeem27
General Manager
And1: 2,730

Post#488 » by Najeem27 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:42 am

Best part is everyone had the Sixers winning this series eventhough they were the 7th seed and Knicks were 2nd. The hate is real!!
Jeff Van Gully
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 25,402

Post#489 » by Jeff Van Gully » Fri May 3, 2024 5:44 am

This is your final PSA. Don’t smoke the Philly pack.
RIP magnumt

welcome home, thibs.
Phish Tank
RealGM
And1: 12,384

Post#490 » by Phish Tank » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 am

Ok long post incoming, but worth the read since I don’t post here as often anymore:

Super relieved to finish the series today after we should’ve finished it a couple days ago. This was the most entertaining series by far and probably will be till the finals, or maybe the conference finals. It was a testament to our grit and the defensive energy reeked the heart of 90s basketball.

Player Evals:

1) Brunson - you know, there are so many things already said about him. The one thing I enjoyed this series was his ability to trust the pass. Yes, he trusted his shot after two terrible games to start the series. But in trusting the shot, he trusted the pass. The reads that were often a tad bit slower to start the season or thru last season were quicker, even when the game got tight. He’s rewarded for those reads in his assist numbers. What I also enjoyed was that he didn’t become a defensive liability when it easily could’ve happened. He stayed steady even when not drawing charges.

2) DDV: A seesaw of a series. Emotions ran high with the clutch shot in game 2. However, he quickly fell flat in the next 3 games, making me wonder whether he went to Nova or Drexel. Tonight, however, was the game of his career. Every three to start the game was needed. What else was needed was his defense on Maxey. No coincidence as Maxey only shot 33% from the field. That was entirely due to Donte. You also got the 5 stocks and 7 assists. What a gutsy performance.

3) OG: OG turned himself into a viable option on offense. While his perimeter shot was largely inconsistent, I enjoyed his ability to drive into the paint. It didn’t work all the time, and the handle wasn’t as crisp as you need it to be at all times, but it was a solid ask especially without Randle. His defense went from a struggle guarding Maxey to gutsy taking on the role of defending Embiid in Game 4 and just making his mark tonight once the team realized how to defend him and Maxey. Get the FT shooting up to par and we got something going.

4) Hart: the guy just has a knack of making an open shot right when you need it. The John Starks of 2024. It’s crazy. Tonight he didn’t even have the best game. But when we need a 3, Hart delivers. Just a gutsy player. 6’4 with the heart of a guy that’s 7’2

5) IHart: not the best series for him. Embiid worked him for most of it. I think he will have better rhythm in the next round. I do appreciate that he’s able to get the offense humming with his passing as it stagnated throughout the series. His floater was revitalized tonight and he had a bunch of key buckets when we needed.

6) Deuce: unlike Grimes and Quickley, Deuce was ready for the moment. Mostly great defense on Maxey, but it’s the shot making off the bench that is special. His scoring will be needed more than ever, but he’s not afraid to take those shots. I like that his shooting mechanics are very consistent even in the playoffs.

7) Mitch: TOUGH defense against Embiid. Still trying to get footing on offense, which may present a bit of a problem in Indy. Will need to stay on Myles though on the perimeter, but he won’t have to worry much about foul grifting.

8) precious: thanks for the game 4. Wish we got more, but it’s fine. Hopefully we can use him in Indy.

The team gotta clean up some issues with stagnation due to zone and the FT shooting (more paramount). I think the Indy series will be a bit better for a lot of our guys. Look forward to OG matching up against Pascal.

As for the 76ers:

The reason we beat them is quite simple. We have everything they don’t. They may have their Batman and Robin, but we have the tougher team. We were the younger and scrappier team. We fight for every rebound. We have an identity. What is the 76ers identity? That is the reason they lost. The more they - and their fanbase - continue to whine about officiating, “injuries” and “process”, the more games they will lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,325

Post#491 » by Garbagelo » Fri May 3, 2024 5:45 am

This has been the best playoff series so far in the NBA

Each game was more intense than the last and the last 2 has been the most insane rollercoaster I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years

I still think we matched up incredibly favorably with the Sixers and we won in the end expectedly

The Pacers are a much worst match up for us and I think it might be worst than the Celtics. Think this will go 7 and it will be a toss up imo.
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,316

Post#492 » by F N 11 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:46 am

Let’s goooooooooo
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#493 » by KOA » Fri May 3, 2024 5:46 am

What a great series.
I really am worried about the Pacers and there run and gun style with how many minutes our starters had to play this series. It feels like there is some obvious coaching calls that Thibs hasn’t been making:

- I Hart was getting abused by Embiid and Mitch shut him down. Yet for some reason, Mitch stayed in the game against Paul Reed who is smaller but a lot quicker and I Hart came back in for Embiid.

- Precious would be nice to have in some of the small ball lineups. He should probably just come in to give J Hart a breather since they provide very similar skill sets (defense and rebounding)

- Burks has been terrible early in the year, but he’ll be needed to go on a deeper playoff run with Bogy injured. You’re going to lose 9 out of 10 games when your bench only scores 5 pts.

Go Knicks!!
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,371

Post#494 » by aggo » Fri May 3, 2024 5:47 am

I dont think we're gonna do well against the pacers if we start game 1 with a 7 man rotation.
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,363

Post#495 » by spree8 » Fri May 3, 2024 5:48 am

Im Coming Home wrote:
Im Coming Home wrote:Ok so, maybe someone whos really good with the rules can explain to me, I see Sixers fans crying about this play Brunson does;

Read on Twitter

To me, I kept saying its because Brunson is going forward, not jumping back into the defender like Trae used to. Is that it?

Why is it a foul, cause they do mention the Trae Young stuff, so I wonder what IS different, iirc Young used to jump back into the defender to get the call..

Read on Twitter

I guess this is it..

Yea it’s a clever move kinda like pulling the chair out from a post player… just put a dude in jail and slam on the brakes before jump shooting
LFGK
Sophomore
And1: 229

Post#496 » by LFGK » Fri May 3, 2024 5:48 am

Mitch gave us some big minutes defending embiid straight up. OG with some HUGE shots, Divo as well. Hart with the back breaking 3 and what more can you say about Brunson? Kid is exactly what we’ve been waiting for for a very long time.
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,482

Post#497 » by Guano » Fri May 3, 2024 5:48 am

This is so beautiful
Read on Twitter
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
CoolKids
RealGM
And1: 2,649

Post#498 » by CoolKids » Fri May 3, 2024 5:49 am

Man what a series. Excruciating to watch but team showed how resilient they are. Feeling confident headed to next round despite how close it was.

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,834

Post#499 » by cgmw » Fri May 3, 2024 5:50 am

Garbagelo wrote:This has been the best playoff series so far in the NBA

Each game was more intense than the last and the last 2 has been the most insane rollercoaster I've seen in the last 4 or 5 years

I still think we matched up incredibly favorably with the Sixers and we won in the end expectedly

The Pacers are a much worst match up for us and I think it might be worst than the Celtics. Think this will go 7 and it will be a toss up imo.

Why?

OG on Siakam
Donte/Deuce on Hali

They can’t guard Brunson at all. I don’t see the issue.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
Spandau
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 427

Post#500 » by Spandau » Fri May 3, 2024 5:56 am

Some of you guys have already said it, but I am so glad Precious had a chance to shine earlier in the series, even if only one game. He’ll be a GREAT positional player against Indiana, he’s kind of exactly what we will need against them at times where Mitch and iHart would be getting burned.

Our limited attempts at small ball looked GOOD, they passed my eye test, and they’ll be a big part of the next series.

Return to New York Knicks