ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Our Guys Stepped Up Down the Stretch

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,988

Re: PG: Our Guys Stepped Up Down the Stretch 

Post#861 » by 8516knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 10:37 pm

Context wrote:
Brunson won two NCAA titles at Villanova, two Big East First Team selections and a National Player of the Year — all while graduating in three years.

Never knew...very impressive Brunson...

As I keep saying, he's our Coach in 10 years. Listen to his Press Conferences. Instead of repeating inane uninformative non-information (Thibs?) he THINKS and says pertinent stuff. And his team came in 2nd in the Chicago HS Championship when it was basically Jalen and 4 YMCA players.
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,922

Post#862 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun May 5, 2024 12:05 am

Some good stuff on this Ringer podcast about the Knicks and Brunson.

https://www.theringer.com/2024/5/3/24147929/knicks-pacers-move-on-in-nba-playoffs-giving-brunson-his-flowers

They talk about Brunson comparisons with Steph, where they would draft Brunson if there was a playoffs draft.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,289

Post#863 » by Context » Sun May 5, 2024 12:54 am

LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#864 » by Besart19 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:13 am

Mitch / Hart
OG/ Achiuwa
Hart / Burks
Donte / McBride
Brunson / Milton

If Hart looks slow for them let him rest to heal his Achilles for the ECFinals and play Sims too
Strength and Honour!
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,757

Post#865 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun May 5, 2024 1:57 pm

It was so good to be able to go out last night and not have to stress about a game 7. I will admit I am a little ashamed and embarrassed at myself for doubting this team. It's really not in my nature but my PTSD kicked in after what happened in game 5 and blowing that 22 point lead. :lol:

I wasn't as bad as some of the others who say they turned off the game or were already saying the season was over at half time and how Thibs should be fired and how we are pussies, losers and this and that. Don't have time to get receipts but you know who you are and you should be embarrassed.

I wasn't feeling good going into that 4th quarter but these guys just stepped up. No panic or memory of game 5 or just blowing a 22 point lead. Thibs deserves a lot of credit here. He keeps his guys focused and are never rattled.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,757

Post#866 » by FrozenEnvelope » Sun May 5, 2024 1:58 pm

Brunson showed everyone why he is not only a 1A but one of the best players in the entire league! OG too showed he is more than just a one dimensional player. That dunk over Embiid was just disgusting! And the stones on Josh freaking Hart for not only taking that 3 but making it! It was the ultimate **** you to Nurse and that entire crowd! And give Thibs his flowers. Back in the 2nd round! Despite all the injuries and setbacks. I thought he coached a good game. I like having DVo shadow Maxey and we adjusted to Hield in the 2nd half too.

I still cannot believe Nurse had the nerve to complain after he challenge that play where the birthday boy Hartenstein got hit in the face and was bleeding! And Embiid crying after the game because of that Brunson And1. Brunson is allowed to stop and go into his shooting motion and he was clearly bumped by Oubre you big goof! UGH! So happy we sent those two home! They are like the modern day Mourning and Riley. But props to Maxey. Class act and a great player.

Just think there were 10-15 year old kids who saw that series and this game and are now diehard Knicks fans.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,289

Post#867 » by Context » Sun May 5, 2024 2:59 pm

FrozenEnvelope wrote:Brunson showed everyone why he is not only a 1A but one of the best players in the entire league! OG too showed he is more than just a one dimensional player. That dunk over Embiid was just disgusting! And the stones on Josh freaking Hart for not only taking that 3 but making it! It was the ultimate **** you to Nurse and that entire crowd! And give Thibs his flowers. Back in the 2nd round! Despite all the injuries and setbacks. I thought he coached a good game. I like having DVo shadow Maxey and we adjusted to Hield in the 2nd half too.

I still cannot believe Nurse had the nerve to complain after he challenge that play where the birthday boy Hartenstein got hit in the face and was bleeding! And Embiid crying after the game because of that Brunson And1. Brunson is allowed to stop and go into his shooting motion and he was clearly bumped by Oubre you big goof! UGH! So happy we sent those two home! They are like the modern day Mourning and Riley. But props to Maxey. Class act and a great player.

Just think there were 10-15 year old kids who saw that series and this game and are now diehard Knicks fans.

Perfectly said...with the exception of Maxi we sent home a bunch of grown as crying man children :lol:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren

Return to New York Knicks