ImageImageImageImageImage

Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,371

Re: Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks? 

Post#81 » by aggo » Fri May 3, 2024 8:26 pm

just remember every time this thread comes up

a lot,

I MEAN A LOT

of ppl last summer wanted Bradley Beal.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,864

Post#82 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 9:12 pm

Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
That's fair. I'm not exactly the most objective person regarding Durant either :lol:

Still though. Durant was crying because Phoenix didn't run the offense through him. I don't see that changing here in NY where JB is ball dominant.

I thought it was because it was mostly ran through Booker + Beal. Which honestly, I kind of get. Durant is used to playing with one ball dominate guard. Not 2. Durant looked happier playing with Chris Paul as the PG.

And before that it was Kyrie Irving, albeit there was issues + other ball dominate guards.

And before that it was Stephen Curry. And before that it was Westbrick.

If Durant is on board, he would know that JB is THE PG on the team. The facilitator and ball handler. It doesn't mean Durant will just be camping out on the corners. He will get his plays too. And I think this is what Durant is used to. I don't think he will be taking away from Brunson at all.

Do you have any concerns about his health?
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,420

Post#83 » by Fat Kat » Fri May 3, 2024 10:13 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:I'd love to get rid of KD, but you have a good thing going. Don't do it.

Honestly, he'd be a great fit here. And will take a healthy load off of Brunson.

"This time will be different" for Durant. And you can quote me on that. Knicks just need not give up too many assets for him.

"I can fix her", eh? :lol:

He would be a great fit but he's a mentally fragile player that will upend everything. I would look to use Mitch + Bojan + picks to take on another all star level player from a team that is desperate to get under the apron.

Same goes for Embiid
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,247

Post#84 » by Jeffrey » Fri May 3, 2024 10:29 pm

Stannis wrote:
will wrote:At this point with KD, EVERYWHERE he goes, it turns into an absolute dumpster fire of a disaster. There is something to be said about team harmony and chemistry.

Stay away.

A player like Malik Monk would be a fantastic addition. Maybe Bogdan from the ATL?

He's not a leader. I know that. But Knicks already have tough guys and leaders. All KD has to do here is hoop. If you can replace Randle with KD, you do it asap and don't think twice.

KD and the Suns looked better with an old Chris Paul than with the Bradley Beal experiment. With the Nets, a lot of that had to do with Kyrie Irving and the Nets owner publicly shaming him constantly.

The Knicks situation is where KD would thrive and win a ring again.

I don't know why people are upset about this. Maybe MrDollarBill and I get where he is coming from.

Exactly! KD is not the bus driver here. The Knicks organization, fans, coaches, media, players, locker room.. everyone knows that Brunson has taken the throne in the Garden and no one is going to take that away from him.

The question is to find a star player that IS WILLING TO BE a robin. We're not looking for 1B anymore. Its a # 2.. full stop.
DrCoach
General Manager
And1: 4,329

Post#85 » by DrCoach » Fri May 3, 2024 10:29 pm

Draft bronny…then
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#86 » by Jeffrey » Fri May 3, 2024 10:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
That's fair. I'm not exactly the most objective person regarding Durant either :lol:

Still though. Durant was crying because Phoenix didn't run the offense through him. I don't see that changing here in NY where JB is ball dominant.

I thought it was because it was mostly ran through Booker + Beal. Which honestly, I kind of get. Durant is used to playing with one ball dominate guard. Not 2. Durant looked happier playing with Chris Paul as the PG.

And before that it was Kyrie Irving, albeit there was issues + other ball dominate guards.

If Durant is on board, he would know that JB is THE PG on the team. The facilitator and ball handler. It doesn't mean Durant will just be camping out on the corners. He will get his plays too. And I think this is what Durant is used to. I don't think he will be taking away from Brunson at all.

The report was that Durant was relegated to being a corner 3 and sat there like he's Obi Toppin. It wasn't about him being the main guy right or am I reading it wrong. He was hoping that some of the offense flows through him just like how it went to Julius sometimes. Imagine the balls that Randle got but more effecient. 50/40/90 effecient.

If people are clamoring for Mikal Bridges but says no to KD then its kinda weird right? Both are long, good defenders and can score in 3 levels. KD is a suped up Mikal without his durability.

Would you do Randle for Bridges straight up?
Jeffrey
Head Coach

Post#87 » by Jeffrey » Fri May 3, 2024 10:33 pm

aggo wrote:just remember every time this thread comes up

a lot,

I MEAN A LOT

Waiitt what? Who really wanted him because his contract, durability and 1 of 2 players that has an NTC.
KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 844

Post#88 » by KOA » Fri May 3, 2024 10:38 pm

Biggest issue with Randle is he doesn't really fit with the rest of the team.

He brings scoring and rebounding, but his scoring is not very efficient and the team can rebound well without him. No hustle or defensive intensity.

The Knicks need a legit #2 option next to Brunson. One that won't turnover the ball when they try to dribble, complain to refs rather than run back on defense, and one that can actually shoot efficiently from 3.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,864

Post#89 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 10:45 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Stannis wrote:

The report was that Durant was relegated to being a corner 3 and sat there like he's Obi Toppin. It wasn't about him being the main guy right or am I reading it wrong. He was hoping that some of the offense flows through him just like how it went to Julius sometimes. Imagine the balls that Randle got but more effecient. 50/40/90 effecient.

If people are clamoring for Mikal Bridges but says no to KD then its kinda weird right? Both are long, good defenders and can score in 3 levels. KD is a suped up Mikal without his durability.

Would you do Randle for Bridges straight up?

Randle is a better player than Bridges, absolutely not.

I think KD, strictly from a basketball sense, is perfect fit at PF. He can space, score over people in the midrange, and his length combined with OG's would be a nightmare for opponents.

But his age, health history, and temperament are concerns.

I think if Randle + picks get shipped out, you have to go for a home run, like Giannis.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 17,957

Post#90 » by Im Coming Home » Fri May 3, 2024 10:57 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
BadNewsBarnes wrote:That Craig Carton guy mentioned that Durant is going to be a Knick...FWIW

Convicted Felon Craig Carton is someone I would not take at his word. He's a liar and a thief.

He's better now, he's become a huge advocate and spokesperson for gambling addiction and does a regular saturday morning radio show explaining the negatives of gambling, etc.

He's not a perfect person, and he enjoys being a troll as a sports guy, but he def not someone you should just slander blindly anymore. :D

That said, he has no sources, so he is just throwing stuff out there for fun.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,325

Post#91 » by Garbagelo » Fri May 3, 2024 11:12 pm

Someone looking for a ring
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,744

Post#92 » by Ghetto Gospel » Fri May 3, 2024 11:28 pm

i think booker is a great fit, just depends on the cost
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Post#93 » by Stannis » Sat May 4, 2024 12:18 am

MrDollarBills wrote:

Yes. But I think there's less chance of injury here because KD would be relieved of a lot of duties that are hard on the joints.

This is depth and Brunson taking on most offensive duties. If 2 of Mitch, Precious, and Hartenstein can stay, it would relieve KD of a lot of defensive duties down low and against bigger guys.

And the team as already proved that they can pick up the slack with rebounding after they lost Randle.

Not to mention, most of the other names tossed around here are injury prone too.
Free Palestine
aggo
RealGM

Post#94 » by aggo » Sat May 4, 2024 12:25 am

Jeffrey wrote:
aggo wrote:just remember every time this thread comes up

a lot,

I MEAN A LOT

Waiitt what? Who really wanted him because his contract, durability and 1 of 2 players that has an NTC.

no one wanted him bc of his contract.

a lot of people wanted him because they look at his stats and thought we needed ball handler that could create and shoot.

now, perhaps, (probably not), these people realize today that beal is either washed or literally on the doorstep of being washed.
aggo
RealGM

Post#95 » by aggo » Sat May 4, 2024 12:26 am

Ghetto Gospel wrote:i think booker is a great fit, just depends on the cost

hes not.

my turn- your turn high usg basketball has not worked in the playoffs.

theres nothing booker does that improves Brunson's game.

the last thing we need is to bring another high usg wing/guard/ player that isn't at minimum replacing randle.

so in theory I would be "ok" with booker if it meant we trade them back randle.
cldbld
Sophomore
And1: 151

Post#96 » by cldbld » Sat May 4, 2024 12:40 am

Durant didn't want us.

Now he can't have us.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,321

Post#97 » by TrueWarrior » Sat May 4, 2024 12:43 am

People keep throwing out big names, but we should look towards players such as Jalen, Julius, Isaiah, OG, Donte, Josh, Precious, etc who were undervalued or on the cusp.

Jalen has obviously been like hitting the jackpot, but there are other less popular guys out there who we can probably nab. We haven’t been overpaying or going after the paper tigers. We been making smart methodical moves for players who make sense together.

Basically, outside of Giannis none of the dudes being talked about in here excite me. Still meh on Donovan Mitchell. Booker I wouldn’t hate, but he’s not that guy and I doubt he’s available. Embiid and Durant can f off.

Mikal would be my well known choice who fits the best, but he’s not being traded here and hed be too expensive.

Jonathan Isaac isnt the scorer we need but would make our defense insane. Not sure what the long term plan is for him there.

Some lesser known not as sexy options would be Tari Eason, Deni Avdija, Trey Murphy, etc.

Or, and here’s a crazy thought, actually use some of our draft picks to maybe get lucky.

The likely scenario is just running it back with Julius. He’s not the perfect choice, but he’s already here and the team was amazing in January with the Jalen, Donte, OG, Julius, and Isaiah lineup. Add Josh, an improved Deuce, hopefully a healthy Mitch, along with maybe another wing pickup, and that’s the squad unless some superstar demands to come here.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,286

Post#98 » by god shammgod » Sat May 4, 2024 1:10 am

it's easy to just name names but you don't really have your choice like that. stars don't move that often. i doubt most of the people being named in here will actually be available.
NowWHYcee7
Bench Warmer
And1: 999

Post#99 » by NowWHYcee7 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:55 am

Lets just run it back next year with a healthy Randle and see whats what
Ghetto Gospel
Analyst
And1: 2,744

Post#100 » by Ghetto Gospel » Sat May 4, 2024 2:00 am

aggo wrote:
Ghetto Gospel wrote:i think booker is a great fit, just depends on the cost

hes not.

my turn- your turn high usg basketball has not worked in the playoffs.

theres nothing booker does that improves Brunson's game.

the last thing we need is to bring another high usg wing/guard/ player that isn't at minimum replacing randle.

so in theory I would be "ok" with booker if it meant we trade them back randle.

yeah i viewed randle as part of the package.

realistically, we need someone that can help brunson so he isn't running the offense the entire game and can be a secondary creator when brunson gets doubled. too often brunson gets doubled and we get nothing out of it because the guys can't break anyone down off the dribble. booker has played point in the past so he can come in and run the offense in stretches when deuce comes in for brunson as well.

i also view him as a competitive guy that can play adequate defense when necessary. he's also the same age as brunson, so he hits the timeline perfectly

Return to New York Knicks