ImageImageImageImageImage

Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,698

Re: Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks? 

Post#21 » by HopelessKnick » Fri May 3, 2024 1:41 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:Keep in mind we are 24-5 since the OG trade. And that's with JR missing most of those games. Out of those 29 games 20 games were against playoff/play-in teams, where we went 15-5. This is not something that you break up easily.

We do have 2 FRPs coming up though and need to make a decision on them. Are we going to draft or are we going to punt or package them for some player? I think if any move happens it will be around draft day with the picks + Bojan's contract.

Should we keep Randle? IS the team really better with him?

This is obviously only my opinion but I would answer it with a resounding YES. Look with a healthy Julius Randle that played the way he played after his bad start---meaning ferociously attacking the basket and playing more unselfishly and effectively, the Knicks are clearly better. Teams won't be able to handle our frontcourt at all. You have probably the best frontcourt rotation in the entire league with Brunson in the backcourt. The team as currently constituted is already a true title contender. That's what the OG trade did for us IMO. Put Randle in there and you'll see Philly has much less opportunities to focus on Brunson and all of a sudden you'll see Brunson shooting even more effectively. All our role players like McBride, DD, Hart, OG will get many more open looks. Brunson and JR are our only guys in the rotation with not so good defense but we have great defenders everywhere to make it up. Also keep in mind that despite his recent injury struggles, both came from freak situations, Randle is usually super reliable.

Take all that and the outstanding chemistry the team has and I'd roll it back. Depending on the draft I'd look to draft a SF/PF and develop him in a super professional, winning atmosphere lead by true leaders like Brunson, Thibs etc. or if no SF/PF is available in the draft you may look at trading for one in the Jeremi Grant tier of players. If the Knicks were 100% healthy right now, it'd be a coin flip between them the Celtics, Nuggets and Wolves. And keep in mind we destroyed a healthy Nuggets and Philly team by 40 points apiece in the regular season and beat the Wolves in OG's first game where we lead by 20+ points in the third quarter as well. The size, defense, toughness of this team is already unmatched, and then you still have very good 3 point shooting with Brunson, Deuce, DD, OG as well. Remember DD was shooting like 45% from 3 until Randle went down. This is already a title team.
Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,240

Post#22 » by Juco24 » Fri May 3, 2024 1:43 pm

BadNewsBarnes wrote:That Craig Carton guy mentioned that Durant is going to be a Knick...FWIW

Who is that?
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,864

Post#23 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 2:15 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Kevin Durant is going to want to join the party and you have to tell him no!!!!!

If its for Randle, Bojan and 1 FRP?!

KD will ruin everything that is being built here. I would not trade Randle for him. Dead ass.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,864

Post#24 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 2:15 pm

Juco24 wrote:
BadNewsBarnes wrote:That Craig Carton guy mentioned that Durant is going to be a Knick...FWIW

Who is that?

A convicted felon who scammed people for thousands of dollars.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,223

Post#25 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 2:48 pm

Calvin Klein wrote:I'd love to get rid of KD, but you have a good thing going. Don't do it.

Honestly, he'd be a great fit here. And will take a healthy load off of Brunson.

"This time will be different" for Durant. And you can quote me on that. Knicks just need not give up too many assets for him.
Free Palestine
ag3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,440

Post#26 » by ag3 » Fri May 3, 2024 2:52 pm

No to KD. Not tough enough.

We need tough players.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#27 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 2:53 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Kevin Durant is going to want to join the party and you have to tell him no!!!!!

If its for Randle, Bojan and 1 FRP?!

That's a no brainer.

Yep. Fits like a glove. We won't have to worry about the whole "we need to get Randle going" process in games. We know KD can shoot. We know he can score. He doesn't need to find his rhythm like Randle does. And worst of all, with Randle he will have stretches where he goes like 3 or 15 before he finds it.
Free Palestine
will
RealGM
And1: 49,951
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#28 » by will » Fri May 3, 2024 2:54 pm

Stannis wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:I'd love to get rid of KD, but you have a good thing going. Don't do it.

Honestly, he'd be a great fit here. And will take a healthy load off of Brunson.

"This time will be different" for Durant. And you can quote me on that. Knicks just need not give up too many assets for him.

Pause.

At this point with KD, EVERYWHERE he goes, it turns into an absolute dumpster fire of a disaster. There is something to be said about team harmony and chemistry.

Stay away.

A player like Malik Monk would be a fantastic addition. Maybe Bogdan from the ATL?
Stannis
RealGM

Post#29 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 3:02 pm

will wrote:At this point with KD, EVERYWHERE he goes, it turns into an absolute dumpster fire of a disaster. There is something to be said about team harmony and chemistry.

Stay away.

A player like Malik Monk would be a fantastic addition. Maybe Bogdan from the ATL?

He's not a leader. I know that. But Knicks already have tough guys and leaders. All KD has to do here is hoop. If you can replace Randle with KD, you do it asap and don't think twice.

KD and the Suns looked better with an old Chris Paul than with the Bradley Beal experiment. With the Nets, a lot of that had to do with Kyrie Irving and the Nets owner publicly shaming him constantly.

The Knicks situation is where KD would thrive and win a ring again.
Free Palestine
Hes_On_Fire
Head Coach
And1: 9,551

Post#30 » by Hes_On_Fire » Fri May 3, 2024 3:09 pm

Stannis wrote:
will wrote:At this point with KD, EVERYWHERE he goes, it turns into an absolute dumpster fire of a disaster. There is something to be said about team harmony and chemistry.

Stay away.

He's not a leader. I know that. But Knicks already have tough guys and leaders. All KD has to do here is hoop. If you can replace Randle with KD, you do it asap and don't think twice.

KD and the Suns looked better with an old Chris Paul than with the Bradley Beal experiment. With the Nets, a lot of that had to do with Kyrie Irving and the Nets owner publicly shaming him constantly.

KD is too soft for New York and this team. We don't need divas. We need guys who are going to buy in the team mentality like everyone else has.
Thank you, Rick Brunson.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#31 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 3:21 pm

Let's be real, any star asking for a trade will have some "diva" to them. And I can't say Randle is fully "bought into the team mentality" either.

Yes, there are going to be risk. But it's a risk you have to take. You win chips by taking risks, not playing it safe and hope something falls into your lap.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,402

Post#32 » by sol537 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:30 pm

Mikal's agent may pressure the Nets for a trade to NYK. Leon dangles the package of Mitch + McBride... maybe.
TimRobbins
General Manager
And1: 2,249

Post#33 » by TimRobbins » Fri May 3, 2024 3:32 pm

sol537 wrote:Mikal's agent may pressure the Nets for a trade to NYK. Leon dangles the package of Mitch + McBride... maybe.

How does Bridges help the team? Don't the Knicks have enough SFs?
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#34 » by TimRobbins » Fri May 3, 2024 3:33 pm

Stannis wrote:

Stay away.

Yeah. Put KD in the role he played with the Warriors. No pressure the lead. Just play off the ball and shoot.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#35 » by TimRobbins » Fri May 3, 2024 3:35 pm

Stannis wrote:

35 YO KD will not require more than Randle, Bogdanovic and a pick.
TimRobbins
General Manager

Post#36 » by TimRobbins » Fri May 3, 2024 3:36 pm

sol537 wrote:Spida. Booker, or Giannis may be available. Let’s worry about it later.

No to KD. We can do better.

None of these are good fits. You need somebody who can shoot and play off the ball.
Stannis
RealGM

Post#37 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 3:39 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Stay away.

Yeah. Put KD in the role he played with the Warriors. No pressure the lead. Just play off the ball and shoot.

And he won't have a jackass like Draymond Green constantly antagonizing him.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#38 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 3:40 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Suns dug themselves in a hole getting Beal.

They will want more picks for Durant. I'm think it will be Randle, Bogdanovic, 2 unprotected picks, 2 protected picks, 3 2nd round picks. Which I would do.
Free Palestine
sol537
RealGM

Post#39 » by sol537 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:41 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
sol537 wrote:Mikal's agent may pressure the Nets for a trade to NYK. Leon dangles the package of Mitch + McBride... maybe.

How does Bridges help the team? Don't the Knicks have enough SFs?

Bridges starts at SG, with OG at SF, Randle at PF and you move Hart and DDV as the 6th and 7th men off the bench. The starting line-up and depth would be incredible. A top 3 defensive team and a top 8 offensive team... true contender IMO.
sol537
RealGM

Post#40 » by sol537 » Fri May 3, 2024 3:42 pm

Stannis wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Suns dug themselves in a hole getting Beal.

They will want more picks for Durant. I'm think it will be Randle, Bogdanovic, 2 unprotected picks, 2 protected picks, 3 2nd round picks. Which I would do.

Nope. Too high a price for a guy who could get injured at any moment at his age and mileage. We could do better.

Return to New York Knicks