ImageImageImageImageImage

Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,384

Re: Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks? 

Post#101 » by spree8 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:07 am

Problem with just running it back is another potential injury. In this day n age it’s pretty inevitable. You gotta be extremely lucky to avoid it the whole season. Trading for someone like Mitchell would be a huge insurance policy in the event it happens again.

I don’t think we should be acting like it’s a clean slate next year when Randle is coming back from a second summer surgery, and he’s missed/been injured the past two playoffs.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,924

Post#102 » by Capn'O » Sat May 4, 2024 2:08 am

We need to commandeer Desmond Bane.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
power12
Freshman
And1: 53

Post#103 » by power12 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:17 am

sol537 wrote:Mikal's agent may pressure the Nets for a trade to NYK. Leon dangles the package of Mitch + McBride... maybe.

Hell no.. Are you insane SMDH?
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,403

Post#104 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 2:18 am

Durant for Bogs & Randle works salary wise but Durant is 35 and we're not sure how the chemistry is going to be. . . . I don't know.

It also works or Paul George. but also, 34, and how much more does he give us than Randle. . . . I don't know.

I'm sure the rumors will fly, but I kind of want to keep Randle. I'd like to work a Bogs swap straight up for someone, which means, salary in the 20s, not the 40s.

I'm sure lots of players would like to come here, but if it was me, I'd look in the straight up trade, Bogs and a pick and see who we can add for depth.
You’ve gotta have Hart
Miles and miles and miles of Hart
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,172

Post#105 » by Knick4Real » Sat May 4, 2024 4:05 am

Trading for a "star name" is usually just a vanity move. Also, the current so-called "star" players are flawed. They're either old and getting close to aging out of the league, injury-prone, too expensive to get, or not a good fit.

The KNICKS have incredible depth -- something most teams don't have. So, unless somebody special falls out of the sky and it's a deal we can't pass up, we may do ourselves a favor by skipping the "name" player and using our assets to hunt for players that fill an actual need and make us even deeper.

The truth is, we're in a period where the old stars are dimming and new stars are being created. We already have a future star in JB. It might be better to surround him with complimentary pieces and get even deeper than to give away all our assets to add an existing "name" player just to say we did.
movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 338

Post#106 » by movingon » Sat May 4, 2024 5:40 am

I don't see a big trade coming.

Drop off Bogie, resign OG and Hartenstein, fill out the bench with draft picks, and let's run it back with Randle in the fold.
If he can get back to the Randle from right before he got injured, we've got a chance to go all the way.
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,283

Post#107 » by Context » Sat May 4, 2024 12:25 pm

movingon wrote:I don't see a big trade coming.

Drop off Bogie, resign OG and Hartenstein, fill out the bench with draft picks, and let's run it back with Randle in the fold.
If he can get back to the Randle from right before he got injured, we've got a chance to go all the way.

The toughest part to this is can we keep Randle and Jalen Brunson be the Brunson we've seen with no Randle?
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#108 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Sat May 4, 2024 1:44 pm

Give me Booker. He fits timeline wise with his age and has already been the first option on a team that made the nba finals. He’s not injury prone like Embiid or Durant. Booker thrived with Chris Paul and he was probably just as ball dominate as Brunson was this year. He’s also a pretty good playmaker too he basically averaged 7 assists this year. He's also 6’6” he’s got enough size that wouldn’t make it a weird fit like it would with Spida. I don’t think Giannis asks out and without a stretch 5 in the roster, idk how seamless of a fit he’d be. Now the question is, will he ask out?
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
spree8
RealGM
And1: 6,384

Post#109 » by spree8 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:35 pm

Capn'O wrote:We need to commandeer Desmond Bane.

Still kills me to this day we didn’t draft him over IQ. Just don’t understand how they didn’t go with him when WWW said “Coach needs shooting”

Bane is probably the best possible fit at the 2 you could imagine next to Brunson. That said, zero chance we can get him lol.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,326

Post#110 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 4, 2024 2:49 pm

Not the time for this STFU & GTFO
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#111 » by Jeffrey » Sat May 4, 2024 3:08 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:Not the time for this STFU & GTFO

For the players is not the time. For us, could be anytime. :crazy: :crazy:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#112 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:09 pm

Jeffrey wrote:

no
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#113 » by Jeffrey » Sat May 4, 2024 3:13 pm

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

no

LOL wtf you want us to do? Raid the locker room and motivate our players?! Go to church and pray for orange and blue skies? Making sure your kids are true and loyal to the Knicks fandom or they get an arse whooping for the weekend?

Or even worst.. be that fat guy that spazzes out and say bing bong in front of MSG until the game starts.

Knicks fans can simultaneously get hype but also talk long term. :lol: :lol:
KnixtapeH20
RealGM

Post#114 » by KnixtapeH20 » Sat May 4, 2024 3:18 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:

no

LOL wtf you want us to do? Raid the locker room and motivate our players?! Go to church and pray for orange and blue skies? Making sure your kids are true and loyal to the Knicks fandom or they get an arse whooping for the weekend?

Or even worst.. be that fat guy that spazzes out and say bing bong in front of MSG until the game starts.

Knicks fans can simultaneously get hype but also talk long term. :lol: :lol:

This is one of the greatest times to be alive in over 20+ years as a Knicks fan... "we're prolly not going to win it all this year" who wants to hear that bs

ride the wave or GTFO we can talk about additions when the dust settles

we have a SUPERSTAR leading us & a team FULL OF DOGS to give Boston hell...

keep the good vibes going or eat a giant sized dick respectfully... it's KNIXTAPE all day
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,849

Post#115 » by cgf » Sat May 4, 2024 3:43 pm

Alex Caruso 8-)

Nobody's stopping an OG / AC / Mitch big 3
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#116 » by spree2kawhi » Sat May 4, 2024 3:55 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Anthony Davis

It’s gonna happen, that’s why Leon made up with Klutch sports earlier in the year

I think that was due to the Murray trade talks, not AD.

Essentially you have Brunson, McBride, DD, Hart, OG, Mitch/IHart who all seem to be off limits. I find any trade scenario involving Randle to be highly unlikely as well. So you could potentially package Bojan, maybe Precious and 3-4 picks, but it wouldn't get you a superstar. You'd be talking high end role player here.

Why not package Randle?

Randle for Towns looks good to me and the perception around here will change during the Nuggets series when KAT will continue to be a problem with his shooting, passing and size. It’ll also be a good deal for the Wolves. I can really see it happening.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,359

Post#117 » by robillionaire » Sat May 4, 2024 6:52 pm

spree2kawhi wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
I think that was due to the Murray trade talks, not AD.

Essentially you have Brunson, McBride, DD, Hart, OG, Mitch/IHart who all seem to be off limits. I find any trade scenario involving Randle to be highly unlikely as well. So you could potentially package Bojan, maybe Precious and 3-4 picks, but it wouldn't get you a superstar. You'd be talking high end role player here.

Why not package Randle?

Randle for Towns looks good to me and the perception around here will change during the Nuggets series when KAT will continue to be a problem with his shooting, passing and size. It’ll also be a good deal for the Wolves. I can really see it happening.

if he plays well against Denver and they go to the WCF or finals why would they even want to trade him
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,698

Post#118 » by HopelessKnick » Sat May 4, 2024 6:55 pm

robillionaire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:
Why not package Randle?

if he plays well against Denver and they go to the WCF or finals why would they even want to trade him

Even if they don't I don't think they'll trade him. After decades of mediocrity they are atop the western conference...why break it up?
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,686

Post#119 » by Meat » Sat May 4, 2024 7:20 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
spree2kawhi wrote:Randle for Towns looks good to me and the perception around here will change during the Nuggets series when KAT will continue to be a problem with his shooting, passing and size. It’ll also be a good deal for the Wolves. I can really see it happening.

Even if they don't I don't think they'll trade him. After decades of mediocrity they are atop the western conference...why break it up?

They’re a 2nd apron team, that’s a harsh place to be
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,871

Post#120 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 4, 2024 7:37 pm

Capn'O wrote:We need to commandeer Desmond Bane.

Now you're talking. :nod:

Memphis won't do it though. They're probably gonna be out for blood next season.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe

Return to New York Knicks