ImageImageImageImageImage

Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,520

Re: Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks? 

Post#61 » by Grinditout » Fri May 3, 2024 5:53 pm

Gotta see how Randle is next season. If healthy, just stay pat and use the draft capital to improve bench/role players.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,364

Post#62 » by SelbyCobra » Fri May 3, 2024 5:57 pm

Unpopular opinion, but I would still 100% take Embiid. Even when hobbled, the guy is just so freaking good AND impactful.

Add him to a team that has a clutch time #1 already, one of the best hustle players in the league, a defensive wizard swiss army knife, outside shooting, AND an established identity? I take my chances on that 100 times out of 100, even if I believe he's a dirty, whiny punk of a player.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,375

Post#63 » by aggo » Fri May 3, 2024 5:58 pm

I would also I guess be wary of Paul George. He’d probably be available for sign and trade

That’s a huge all-in decision and not one I’d be happy to bet my career on if I was Leon
Grinditout
RealGM
And1: 2,520

Post#64 » by Grinditout » Fri May 3, 2024 6:07 pm

If there is a trade to be made...

Mikal is the dream trade and the perfect fit and trade partner, except it's the Nets.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#65 » by Meat » Fri May 3, 2024 6:10 pm

will wrote:
Stannis wrote:
TimRobbins wrote:
Yeah. Put KD in the role he played with the Warriors. No pressure the lead. Just play off the ball and shoot.

And he won't have a jackass like Draymond Green constantly antagonizing him.

KD would get destroyed having to deal with the NY media.

Unless the Knicks don't allow the media to speak with him.

Who in the media?
or
Whats the media gonna say or ask that he can't see on twitter?
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,638

Post#66 » by j4remi » Fri May 3, 2024 6:10 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:Unpopular opinion, but I would still 100% take Embiid. Even when hobbled, the guy is just so freaking good AND impactful.

Add him to a team that has a clutch time #1 already, one of the best hustle players in the league, a defensive wizard swiss army knife, outside shooting, AND an established identity? I take my chances on that 100 times out of 100, even if I believe he's a dirty, whiny punk of a player.

I spent that whole series watching how much space Tyrese Maxey had to operate and I can't lie...It crossed my mind a few times, "what could Jalen Brunson do to a team that had to worry about Embiid"
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,688

Post#67 » by Meat » Fri May 3, 2024 6:11 pm

Stannis wrote:
will wrote:
Stannis wrote:
And he won't have a jackass like Draymond Green constantly antagonizing him.

The "New York Media" has got to be one of the most over-exaggerated things.

along with MSG is the mecca of basketball
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#68 » by KnixinSix » Fri May 3, 2024 6:14 pm

In order of probability:

1. Donovan Mitchell
2. Booker
3. Giannis
4. Embiid
5. KAT

With the new CBA and multiple good players on teams that had first round exits, it seems inevitable there will be players either publicly or privately asking out.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,818

Post#69 » by duetta » Fri May 3, 2024 6:16 pm

aggo wrote:I would also I guess be wary of Paul George. He’d probably be available for sign and trade

That’s a huge all-in decision and not one I’d be happy to bet my career on if I was Leon

Considering George's likely salary, the only sign & trade we could do would involve Randle (and Bogdanovich).
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,929

Post#70 » by Capn'O » Fri May 3, 2024 6:17 pm

j4remi wrote:
SelbyCobra wrote:Unpopular opinion, but I would still 100% take Embiid. Even when hobbled, the guy is just so freaking good AND impactful.

I spent that whole series watching how much space Tyrese Maxey had to operate and I can't lie...It crossed my mind a few times, "what could Jalen Brunson do to a team that had to worry about Embiid"

Embiid the basketball player is extremely intriguing. Embiid the person and injury risk is terrifying.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,876

Post#71 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 7:25 pm

Stannis wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:I'd love to get rid of KD, but you have a good thing going. Don't do it.

Honestly, he'd be a great fit here. And will take a healthy load off of Brunson.

"This time will be different" for Durant. And you can quote me on that. Knicks just need not give up too many assets for him.

"I can fix her", eh? :lol:

He would be a great fit but he's a mentally fragile player that will upend everything. I would look to use Mitch + Bojan + picks to take on another all star level player from a team that is desperate to get under the apron.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#72 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 7:27 pm

Capn'O wrote:
j4remi wrote:

Embiid the basketball player is extremely intriguing. Embiid the person and injury risk is terrifying.

He also doesn't wash his hands

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 7:28 pm

duetta wrote:
aggo wrote:I would also I guess be wary of Paul George. He’d probably be available for sign and trade

Considering George's likely salary, the only sign & trade we could do would involve Randle (and Bogdanovich).

A sign and trade would hard cap the team no?

Paul George would be amazing on the Knicks though

Stannis
RealGM
And1: 10,225

Post#74 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 7:30 pm

Meat wrote:
Stannis wrote:
will wrote:

The "New York Media" has got to be one of the most over-exaggerated things.

along with MSG is the mecca of basketball

NYC* is the Mecca of Basketball
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#75 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 7:32 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stannis wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:I'd love to get rid of KD, but you have a good thing going. Don't do it.

Honestly, he'd be a great fit here. And will take a healthy load off of Brunson.

"This time will be different" for Durant. And you can quote me on that. Knicks just need not give up too many assets for him.

He would be a great fit but he's a mentally fragile player that will upend everything. I would look to use Mitch + Bojan + picks to take on another all star level player from a team that is desperate to get under the apron.

We'll fix each other...

I know that Durant is not a leader. I will even say he can be fragile. But Randle has the same issues with less efficiency. And if he isn't on, he's a black hole. Durant is always on.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#76 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 7:34 pm

I'm also trying to be realistic. With actual targets + fit.

It's hard for me to even entertain somebody like Giannis requesting a trade.

Spida? Will he even be ok sharing the ball with Brunson? Are we that confident in having 2 undersized guards? Are we sure this won't take away from Brunson?

Same deal with Booker.

Embiid? Maybe. But he would need to request a trade. And 76ers would need to be ok trading him to a rival. He will likely go to the West

If Leon can once again work his magic, maybe he gets Durant cheap.

I think Durant, Paul George, and Anthony Davis are some of the realistic options.
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,554

Post#77 » by Jalen Bluntson » Fri May 3, 2024 8:02 pm

Loisl wrote:We're good. We only need to get healthy.

Healthy we are one of the best teams in the league. As it is we are one of the best teams in the East at the very least. I don't see the star that makes us much better than we would be with JR. Bring on another stud role player if possible and see what we can do next season.

Minny might put KAT or Gobert on the market for financial reasons.
DM might ask out of CLE. Expect BKN to be heavily involved in that scenario.
LeBron ain't coming.

I just don't see it right now.
:beer: RIP mags
bballoctober
Rookie
And1: 377

Post#78 » by bballoctober » Fri May 3, 2024 8:06 pm

TimRobbins wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:Keep in mind we are 24-5 since the OG trade. And that's with JR missing most of those games. Out of those 29 games 20 games were against playoff/play-in teams, where we went 15-5. This is not something that you break up easily.

We do have 2 FRPs coming up though and need to make a decision on them. Are we going to draft or are we going to punt or package them for some player? I think if any move happens it will be around draft day with the picks + Bojan's contract.

Should we keep Randle? IS the team really better with him?

Randle is insurance if AD get hurt. Throughout his career he’s been injury prone.
I will only cherish the wins and ignore everything else, because that's the only way to survive as a Knicks fan.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#79 » by MrDollarBills » Fri May 3, 2024 8:13 pm

Stannis wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Stannis wrote:

We'll fix each other...

I know that Durant is not a leader. I will even say he can be fragile. But Randle has the same issues with less efficiency. And if he isn't on, he's a black hole. Durant is always on.

That's fair. I'm not exactly the most objective person regarding Durant either :lol:

Still though. Durant was crying because Phoenix didn't run the offense through him. I don't see that changing here in NY where JB is ball dominant.

Stannis
RealGM

Post#80 » by Stannis » Fri May 3, 2024 8:20 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
That's fair. I'm not exactly the most objective person regarding Durant either :lol:

Still though. Durant was crying because Phoenix didn't run the offense through him. I don't see that changing here in NY where JB is ball dominant.

I thought it was because it was mostly ran through Booker + Beal. Which honestly, I kind of get. Durant is used to playing with one ball dominate guard. Not 2. Durant looked happier playing with Chris Paul as the PG.

And before that it was Kyrie Irving, albeit there was issues + other ball dominate guards.

And before that it was Stephen Curry. And before that it was Westbrick.

If Durant is on board, he would know that JB is THE PG on the team. The facilitator and ball handler. It doesn't mean Durant will just be camping out on the corners. He will get his plays too. And I think this is what Durant is used to. I don't think he will be taking away from Brunson at all.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks