ImageImageImageImageImage

Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

movingon
Sixth Man
And1: 338

Re: Which star player is going to ask to be traded to the Knicks? 

Post#121 » by movingon » Sat May 4, 2024 7:38 pm

Context wrote:
movingon wrote:I don't see a big trade coming.

Drop off Bogie, resign OG and Hartenstein, fill out the bench with draft picks, and let's run it back with Randle in the fold.
If he can get back to the Randle from right before he got injured, we've got a chance to go all the way.

The toughest part to this is can we keep Randle and Jalen Brunson be the Brunson we've seen with no Randle?

I really like the way they've both been able to adapt this year.
I'll roll the dice on that.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 37,885

Post#122 » by MrDollarBills » Sat May 4, 2024 7:38 pm

Meat wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
if he plays well against Denver and they go to the WCF or finals why would they even want to trade him

Even if they don't I don't think they'll trade him. After decades of mediocrity they are atop the western conference...why break it up?

They’re a 2nd apron team, that’s a harsh place to be

Yeah I don't know what their plan is now that ARod's group failed to buy the team. Plus, Ant will not be happy if they trade KAT.

They've got a hard decision to make in two months.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,935

Post#123 » by Capn'O » Sat May 4, 2024 7:41 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Capn'O wrote:We need to commandeer Desmond Bane.

Now you're talking. :nod:

Memphis won't do it though. They're probably gonna be out for blood next season.

That's why we need to commandeer him.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 5,249

Post#124 » by Jeffrey » Sat May 4, 2024 9:00 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Capn'O wrote:We need to commandeer Desmond Bane.

Now you're talking. :nod:

Memphis won't do it though. They're probably gonna be out for blood next season.

Man I totally forgot about that team. Once Ja comes back and Spurs will get better.. who are the two teams that will not make the playoffs. Warriors and Lakers... oof Silver might need to expand the play-in to get more TV $$
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,405

Post#125 » by Luv those Knicks » Sat May 4, 2024 11:32 pm

This might get filed in the "will never happen" category, but what about Draymond Green? We'll ask him to relax a bit, and not try to intimidate the other team all by himself (we have other defenders). Trade Bogs and a First Rounder . . . gun to my head, I'll throw in a future first as well), for Draymond - works straight up.

For NY - we don't have to keep playing Josh 48 minutes and OG can play fewer minutes too. Get another Thibs player.

For GS - it might be time for them to rebuild.

It's a stupid longshot, but . . . maybe? Am I ca-razy?
You’ve gotta have Hart
Miles and miles and miles of Hart
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#126 » by Besart19 » Sat May 4, 2024 11:49 pm

Brunson / Smith
Donte / McBride
Bridges / Hart
OG / Achiuwa
Davis / Hart
Strength and Honour!
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,366

Post#127 » by robillionaire » Sun May 5, 2024 12:05 am

HopelessKnick wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Anthony Davis

It’s gonna happen, that’s why Leon made up with Klutch sports earlier in the year

I think that was due to the Murray trade talks, not AD.

Smokescreen, we never went hard after Murray and Leon wouldn’t have groveled for nothing
Spree2Houston
Head Coach
And1: 7,196

Post#128 » by Spree2Houston » Sun May 5, 2024 12:17 am

I don’t think we’re making any big trade. We have a good thing going. All our guys are on cost controlled deals which allows us to maintain strong depth at all positions. Once Randle returned back to CAA, it signaled to me that’s he staying in NY. He wouldn’t have done that if he wasn’t ensured he wouldn’t be traded and I doubt CAA would do him dirty like that. Also, I could see him and Brunson taking small pay cuts to ensure we keep this team together. If anything, we will trade for another high end starter but not a superstar.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,838

Post#129 » by BowlRips » Sun May 5, 2024 12:33 am

Spree2Houston wrote:I don’t think we’re making any big trade. We have a good thing going. All our guys are on cost controlled deals which allows us to maintain strong depth at all positions. Once Randle returned back to CAA, it signaled to me that’s he staying in NY. He wouldn’t have done that if he wasn’t ensured he wouldn’t be traded and I doubt CAA would do him dirty like that. Also, I could see him and Brunson taking small pay cuts to ensure we keep this team together. If anything, we will trade for another high end starter but not a superstar.

I too subscribe to the fact that Randle went back to CAA as a sign he’s staying but reality is that he prob prob trusted Mintz and CAA who he has worked with for years when it came to deciding whether to get the surgery or return to the court.

If the Knicks are intent on trying to bring a “star” in that it is surely Randle who will be included in that deal.

I still think they’d move him in a package for KAT
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,990

Post#130 » by 8516knicks » Sun May 5, 2024 12:33 am

Spree2Houston wrote:I don’t think we’re making any big trade. We have a good thing going. All our guys are on cost controlled deals which allows us to maintain strong depth at all positions. Once Randle returned back to CAA, it signaled to me that’s he staying in NY. He wouldn’t have done that if he wasn’t ensured he wouldn’t be traded and I doubt CAA would do him dirty like that. Also, I could see him and Brunson taking small pay cuts to ensure we keep this team together. If anything, we will trade for another high end starter but not a superstar.

Thanks for the info; if he's back with CAA he's staying.
Galou
Pro Prospect
And1: 647

Post#131 » by Galou » Sun May 5, 2024 12:36 am

Excellent post. I agree
F$+*k the Nets.
KnixinSix
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,927

Post#132 » by KnixinSix » Sun May 5, 2024 1:05 am

8516knicks wrote:

Thanks for the info; if he's back with CAA he's staying.

Which puts us in position for a lower priced sub 40M star.....Donovan Mitchell (35M), Bridges (22M), DeJounte Murray (who Atl is looking for 2 FRPs for) and he is on a really cheap 24M deal for next 3 years. They want a young D guy next to Trae and that guy could easily be McBride. Preferably we trade McBride + for D Mitchell or Bridges tho.
For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. 2nd Corinthians 4:6
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,953

Post#133 » by nykballa2k4 » Sun May 5, 2024 1:38 am

BadNewsBarnes wrote:That Craig Carton guy mentioned that Durant is going to be a Knick...FWIW

We should always follow his gambling instincts...

Booker is a name to watch
KAT is on our radar.
Embiid loves NY
Bridges is not a star, but he is certainly someone who could be incoming
Zion will always be a thing
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,405

Post#134 » by Luv those Knicks » Sun May 5, 2024 2:16 am

The thing is, NY has a boatload of picks. Most aren't projected to be that high. Several are protected. Picks 24, 25 and 39? this year, and they have Bogs who's EXTREEMLY tradable.

If they can trade Bogs for someone useful and not give up too many picks in the swap, I'd be all over that.
You’ve gotta have Hart
Miles and miles and miles of Hart
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,108

Post#135 » by Bob Ross » Sun May 5, 2024 3:47 am

It's gonna be Donovan Mitchell especially if the cavs lose tomorrow
towelie
Lead Assistant
And1: 42

Post#136 » by towelie » Sun May 5, 2024 4:34 am

Our biggest need is a shot creator off the bench, ideally an SG with size. Mikal is honestly the ideal fit but Brooklyn are not even going to pick up the phone with the Knicks. We'd have to hope for a Jrue situation where Mikal gets traded out West, and then he comes back to his Nova team.

But I'm also not a fan of trading Randle for a guard / perimeter player, even if it's a "star" like Booker. We'd be trading one hole for another. And I liked how Randle emphasized his bully ball post play more this season to complement our team and give us another look from Brunson PnR. People are forgetting how well our offense was humming in January with a starting lineup of Brunson/Divo/OG/Randle/Hartenstein.

There's very few other frontcourt players that would be an upgrade from Randle that would actually be available. Giannis or Zion are not going to be traded. KAT? I dunno, I feel it'd be a lateral move while killing our cap flexibility, and MN is in great spot right now. The only one I'd keep a close eye on is AD, in case LeBron leaves and Lakers decide to blow the team up. But even then, Lakers rarely ever go nuclear like that as a rebuild option. AD also just signed an extension earlier this year.

This is all premature talk though. Even if Vegas odds still have us at like 1% that we beat both Boston and whatever team comes out West with our hobbled roster, gotta keep believing.
RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,896

Post#137 » by RHODEY » Sun May 5, 2024 6:02 am

towelie wrote:Our biggest need is a shot creator off the bench, ideally an SG with size. Mikal is honestly the ideal fit but Brooklyn are not even going to pick up the phone with the Knicks. We'd have to hope for a Jrue situation where Mikal gets traded out West, and then he comes back to his Nova team.

But I'm also not a fan of trading Randle for a guard / perimeter player, even if it's a "star" like Booker. We'd be trading one hole for another. And I liked how Randle emphasized his bully ball post play more this season to complement our team and give us another look from Brunson PnR. People are forgetting how well our offense was humming in January with a starting lineup of Brunson/Divo/OG/Randle/Hartenstein.

There's very few other frontcourt players that would be an upgrade from Randle that would actually be available. Giannis or Zion are not going to be traded. KAT? I dunno, I feel it'd be a lateral move while killing our cap flexibility, and MN is in great spot right now. The only one I'd keep a close eye on is AD, in case LeBron leaves and Lakers decide to blow the team up. But even then, Lakers rarely ever go nuclear like that as a rebuild option. AD also just signed an extension earlier this year.

This is all premature talk though. Even if Vegas odds still have us at like 1% that we beat both Boston and whatever team comes out West with our hobbled roster, gotta keep believing.

I dot even see Zion as an upgrade to Randle.
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,738

Post#138 » by nedleeds » Sun May 5, 2024 11:40 am

Russell Westbrook
Zenzibar wrote:Nevertheless, Payton is not a finished product yet and unless the team moves him in a couple of weeks, I anticipate him trending upward with this coaching staff.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,455

Post#139 » by NoStatsGuy » Sun May 5, 2024 12:27 pm

the only players i would consider trading for and that i think might be available are booker and KD, despite what the owner/gm said. they all talk some generic stuff right after a playoffs loss. we all know its not always true. they have no assets at all, what do they want to add besides veteran minums?

Im also cool with running it back. i have mentioned before im a big randle believer and i understand he was hurt in both his playoffs runs, i have not given up on him. but its hard to argue that this team minus randle plus booker or KD wouldnt be better. these guys are legit highly efficient superstars.

KD is on his last legs, id try to get him for a "cheap" deal and then flip randle into something. but i think some other teams would still pay a hefty price for KD, so i dont wanna get into the KD business. but he would excel here and be a great fit
im bout dat action boss
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#140 » by HopelessKnick » Sun May 5, 2024 1:32 pm

NoStatsGuy wrote:the only players i would consider trading for and that i think might be available are booker and KD, despite what the owner/gm said. they all talk some generic stuff right after a playoffs loss. we all know its not always true. they have no assets at all, what do they want to add besides veteran minums?

Im also cool with running it back. i have mentioned before im a big randle believer and i understand he was hurt in both his playoffs runs, i have not given up on him. but its hard to argue that this team minus randle plus booker or KD wouldnt be better. these guys are legit highly efficient superstars.

KD is on his last legs, id try to get him for a "cheap" deal and then flip randle into something. but i think some other teams would still pay a hefty price for KD, so i dont wanna get into the KD business. but he would excel here and be a great fit

You are right that team officials are not always to be taken seriously, but I think in the Suns case IShbia is right. They gave up all their assets for the current top 3. They are a 50 win team that plays no defense. Trading Booker or Durant would basically make them worse on the court in the near future. Our picks may have been interesting for teams 4 years ago but today they will be viewed as late first rounders. Brunson alone makes this team a playoff team. We couldn't offer them any young up coming star players.

The Suns are locked in into their current situation. Look where the Mavericks were prior to the deadline.....today they look like they may challenge for the WCF through the additions of two role players like Gafford and Washington. That looks like what Phoenix is going to attempt as well. For them it makes no sense giving up Booker or Durant at this point. I think if the Suns have another 2 dissapointing playoff eliminations, then Booker may be fed up enough to force his way out of town. But today he really holds no leverage.

I would go on record guaranteeing you that the Suns are neither going to trade Durant or Booker as long as they don't receive some insane, outlandish offer...when you look at the Suns look at where the Mavs were last year and prior to the deadline...their situation resembles the Suns situation the most (having superstars that play no defense and a weak supporting cast and little picks to work with)....

Return to New York Knicks