ImageImageImageImageImage

Pacers Matchup

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Prediction

Knicks in 4
8%
Knicks in 5
41%
Knicks in 6
36%
Knicks in 7
12%
Pacers in 7
No votes
Pacers in 6
3%
Pacers in 5
No votes
Pacers in 4
No votes

Total votes: 66

dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,979

Re: Pacers Matchup 

Post#41 » by dakomish23 » Sun May 5, 2024 10:09 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Siakam added a much needed element of toughness and **** you that IND def needed. When portis was trying to bully him around he wasn’t having it

Good thing we have OG. I’d also break out Precious. These guys should know Siakam well.

That cuts both ways. Either way we know TOR fans will be watching
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#42 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:42 am

I’m actually more worried about this series than I was against the 76ers. Pacers are a pretty deep team and were even more short handed. I like Turner, Nembhard, Nesmith, Obi, and McConnell as role players more than any of the 76ers guys. Outside of Oubre and possible Batum, idk if any of the 76ers role players would even play on this pacers team. We better get them to play at our pace cuz we might not have the bodies to get into a track meet with them. We do have the best player in the series and that usually determines who wins but we might be forced to play Burks. Not sure we can survive him on the floor for even 10 mins a game but that’s what we’ll need. Still think Knicks in 6 but I don’t think it will be a cake walk.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#43 » by HopelessKnick » Mon May 6, 2024 1:08 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I’m actually more worried about this series than I was against the 76ers. Pacers are a pretty deep team and were even more short handed. I like Turner, Nembhard, Nesmith, Obi, and McConnell as role players more than any of the 76ers guys. Outside of Oubre and possible Batum, idk if any of the 76ers role players would even play on this pacers team. We better get them to play at our pace cuz we might not have the bodies to get into a track meet with them. We do have the best player in the series and that usually determines who wins but we might be forced to play Burks. Not sure we can survive him on the floor for even 10 mins a game but that’s what we’ll need. Still think Knicks in 6 but I don’t think it will be a cake walk.

What has me very confident here is that with OG and Precious we likely have the best possible defenders on Siakam. They defended him in practice for years, likely know his every move and will do a good job there. Siakam will be likely facing 48 minutes of elite defense against him by guys that know his game to a T.

Haliburton's shooting has really taken a hit for whatever reason. Against a defenseless Buck team he shot 29.6% from 3 on 9 attempts per game---averaging 16points a night. He will have DD, Deuce and possibly Hart in his jersey 48 minutes a game.

Brunson on the other hand averaged 36points on 50% against the Pacers in 3 regular season games, getting to the line 10 times per contest. They don't have the personnel to defend him, at least 1 on 1. We do have the personnel to defend their star players.

I know regular season game should be taken with a grain of salt but: The Pacers 125 to 111 victory came against a knick team without not only Randle, but also without Mitch, Isaiah AND OG. We had Taj Gibson starting and still it was a single digit deficit early in the fourth. The game we won shortly therafter we were still without Randle, Mitch and OG and had only Isaiah returning and it was sufficient to keep them at 105 points and win the game.

For the Pacers to have a chance at winning this series they would have to hit the 3 at an insane rate throughout the series. Something uncharacteristic. Their offense is good enough to take a game or two and surprise us, but they really will to have to do stuff above their usual level of play to take the series. I have never felt as confident in a playoff series as this one. Not since the 90s.
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Post#44 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:41 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
jvsimonetti0514 wrote:I’m actually more worried about this series than I was against the 76ers. Pacers are a pretty deep team and were even more short handed. I like Turner, Nembhard, Nesmith, Obi, and McConnell as role players more than any of the 76ers guys. Outside of Oubre and possible Batum, idk if any of the 76ers role players would even play on this pacers team. We better get them to play at our pace cuz we might not have the bodies to get into a track meet with them. We do have the best player in the series and that usually determines who wins but we might be forced to play Burks. Not sure we can survive him on the floor for even 10 mins a game but that’s what we’ll need. Still think Knicks in 6 but I don’t think it will be a cake walk.

What has me very confident here is that with OG and Precious we likely have the best possible defenders on Siakam. They defended him in practice for years, likely know his every move and will do a good job there. Siakam will be likely facing 48 minutes of elite defense against him by guys that know his game to a T.

Haliburton's shooting has really taken a hit for whatever reason. Against a defenseless Buck team he shot 29.6% from 3 on 9 attempts per game---averaging 16points a night. He will have DD, Deuce and possibly Hart in his jersey 48 minutes a game.

Brunson on the other hand averaged 36points on 50% against the Pacers in 3 regular season games, getting to the line 10 times per contest. They don't have the personnel to defend him, at least 1 on 1. We do have the personnel to defend their star players.

I know regular season game should be taken with a grain of salt but: The Pacers 125 to 111 victory came against a knick team without not only Randle, but also without Mitch, Isaiah AND OG. We had Taj Gibson starting and still it was a single digit deficit early in the fourth. The game we won shortly therafter we were still without Randle, Mitch and OG and had only Isaiah returning and it was sufficient to keep them at 105 points and win the game.

For the Pacers to have a chance at winning this series they would have to hit the 3 at an insane rate throughout the series. Something uncharacteristic. Their offense is good enough to take a game or two and surprise us, but they really will to have to do stuff above their usual level of play to take the series. I have never felt as confident in a playoff series as this one. Not since the 90s.

Def agree with you on most of what you said. Hali hasn’t been the same since he came back from injury and OG should be able to match up nicely with Siakim. Hali not being able to hit shots is why I don’t think this goes 7. Just don’t think we can underestimate them.

My big fear is that they’ve got more guys in that 2-10 after Brunson. Those were the guys that won us the first 2 games in the 76ers and we don’t have that advantage. We’ve seen Miles Turner games where he goes 7/9 from 3 against. Or Knicks games where Obi goes off for 40 points. McConnell has been a Knick killer his whole career. They go small off the bench, can Mitch destroy them on the offensive rebounds and keep up with them on defense? Theres lots of questions that they’ll need to answer.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,327

Post#45 » by Garbagelo » Mon May 6, 2024 4:47 pm

50/50 tossup 7 games

Pretty absolute consensus of Knicks in 5 or 6 worries me alot
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#46 » by moocow007 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:03 pm

Let's hope this go around with the Pacers doesn't look like the last go around in the playoffs against them.
kNicksGmen
Analyst
And1: 524

Post#47 » by kNicksGmen » Mon May 6, 2024 5:14 pm

Garbagelo wrote:50/50 tossup 7 games

yea i think we are rightfully favored - and knicks winning in 5 or 6 isn't absurd. but neither is this thing going to 7.
TKKnicks1
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,231

Post#48 » by TKKnicks1 » Mon May 6, 2024 8:08 pm

The jitters and nauseated feeling I had every game against the Sixers is just not there in this series. Maybe overconfidence? Maybe the fact that everyone got us coming out in 5 or 6? The Pacers just don't scare me. Bottom in defense. Bottom in rebounding. Haliburton is on and off. His playoff numbers really haven't been impressive. We are battle tested with our first round. They had a cake walk first round. Let's see how we come out tonight but on paper we should sweep them.
~I Believe!~
The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,409

Post#49 » by The Lamma » Mon May 6, 2024 8:24 pm

Who tf voted Pacers in 6??

The Lamma
Veteran
And1: 5,409

Post#50 » by The Lamma » Mon May 6, 2024 8:27 pm

TKKnicks1 wrote:The jitters and nauseated feeling I had every game against the Sixers is just not there in this series. Maybe overconfidence? Maybe the fact that everyone got us coming out in 5 or 6? The Pacers just don't scare me. Bottom in defense. Bottom in rebounding. Haliburton is on and off. His playoff numbers really haven't been impressive. We are battle tested with our first round. They had a cake walk first round. Let's see how we come out tonight but on paper we should sweep them.

I'm also relieved we put the pos Embiatch behind us, and he didn't injure anyone long term. Just one dirty play after the next. From what he did to Mitch, to stomping on Hart's leg, to clotheslining Brunson, to kicking both Mitch and Hartenstein in the junk in the same game. I have no respect for that dirty pos and what he did has no place in the game of basketball
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,417

Post#51 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon May 6, 2024 8:48 pm

The Lamma wrote:
TKKnicks1 wrote:The jitters and nauseated feeling I had every game against the Sixers is just not there in this series. Maybe overconfidence? Maybe the fact that everyone got us coming out in 5 or 6? The Pacers just don't scare me. Bottom in defense. Bottom in rebounding. Haliburton is on and off. His playoff numbers really haven't been impressive. We are battle tested with our first round. They had a cake walk first round. Let's see how we come out tonight but on paper we should sweep them.

I'm also relieved we put the pos Embiatch behind us, and he didn't injure anyone long term. Just one dirty play after the next. From what he did to Mitch, to stomping on Hart's leg, to clotheslining Brunson, to kicking both Mitch and Hartenstein in the junk in the same game. I have no respect for that dirty pos and what he did has no place in the game of basketball

I know! And, yet, he and Brunson hugged at the end of the series. Brunson should've head-butted Embiid's nuts.
Free Palestine
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#52 » by HopelessKnick » Tue May 7, 2024 7:43 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

I know! And, yet, he and Brunson hugged at the end of the series. Brunson should've head-butted Embiid's nuts.

Despite all the dirty plays it seems like players still respect Embiid a lot. Brunson is a very good sport anyways and generally I like it when players shake hands and leave stuff behind after the end of a series. Let bygones be bygones.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#53 » by moocow007 » Tue May 7, 2024 1:00 pm

cgf wrote:Voted 6 in this one, after voting Knicks in 5 in round 1.

I'm less confident than I was against Philly. I was sure we'd be able to impose our game on the 6ers...especially late in games...but the Pacers are deeper and more resilient, and if they can force us to play at their pace that would cause us more trouble than Philly playing their game. I like our chances, but when they are hot it gets really hard to keep up.

Curious to see if Precious gets any minutes at the 4 in this without Embiid at the rim putting a premium on spacing in the paint in a way that Turner doesn't. If we can get 10-15mpg from Achiuwa that could really help us avoid them just exhausting our transition D.

Hopefully game 4 is fun, I'll be in Indy for that one :rock:

I'm with you on this. I think the Knicks matched up better against Philly (with Embiid not 100% and suffering from Bells Palsy).
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,417

Post#54 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue May 7, 2024 6:21 pm

HopelessKnick wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
The Lamma wrote:

Despite all the dirty plays it seems like players still respect Embiid a lot. Brunson is a very good sport anyways and generally I like it when players shake hands and leave stuff behind after the end of a series. Let bygones be bygones.

For now ...

Besides, Embiid is not a "bygone". We see him a bunch of times next season. What if he keeps doing it?
Free Palestine
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#55 » by HopelessKnick » Tue May 7, 2024 9:17 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

For now ...

Besides, Embiid is not a "bygone". We see him a bunch of times next season. What if he keeps doing it?

Well would head butting Embiid or inciting some other stuff after the conclusion of the series decrease the probability of him doing stuff during the upcoming season? Doubt it, probably the opposite.

Embiid is unfortunately like a spoiled kid in a giants body. He feels like he is the biggest and strongest guy out there (he probably is indeed) and thus he feels like he can hit anybody to his liking. However it is more the league's and the refs responsibility to hold him accountable via fouls, ejections, fines and suspensions.....not Brunson or other Knicks IMO head butting him. I admit it would be cool having an oaktree around doing that stuff but our team and player's characters are really far from that. So we gotta live with that for better or worse.
Garbagelo
Veteran
And1: 3,327

Post#56 » by Garbagelo » Today 12:14 am

edit:
Yea I actually changed it to 5 games after game 3 because I was caught up in the moment. Never again. Trust in the thought process.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,979

Post#57 » by dakomish23 » Today 12:24 am

dakomish23 wrote:Siakam added a much needed element of toughness and **** you that IND def needed. When portis was trying to bully him around he wasn’t having it

21.7 PPG on 54% FG in their Ws. He’s their bellwether
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,433

Post#58 » by sol537 » Today 12:26 am

Garbagelo wrote:

edit:
Yea I actually changed it to 5 games after game 3 because I was caught up in the moment. Never again. Trust in the thought process.

Would have been Knicks in 4 or 5 if OG didn’t go down in game 3.
KnixtapeH20
RealGM
And1: 16,344

Post#59 » by KnixtapeH20 » Today 12:51 am

Pacers wouldn't get a single **** rebound if Mitch was playing

and the paint wouldn't be WIDE open
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,561

Post#60 » by Jalen Bluntson » Today 5:32 am