ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Juco24
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,245

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#41 » by Juco24 » Mon May 6, 2024 10:14 am

KnixtapeH20 wrote:
Juco24 wrote:
sol537 wrote:It fits because JB and Spida are two dogs who want to be in NY and who want to win a title. Both are winning players ie will do what’s necessary to win. Spida is an inch or so shorter than DDV but his longer reach makes up for the difference.

JB and Spida would need two 3&D guys next to them… so OG and one more 6’7 plus dude like a Tre Murphy type. Then IHart as your offensively gifted hustle center.

You can’t point to Garland and say this won’t work… Brunson is way better than Garland and already proved he could play off ball efficiently.

So, yes, it could work… though DDV and Hart go to the bench where they are better suited… McBride probably goes out in the trade… and we still have to find a 3&D Randle replacement unless Randle is kept and expected to be the #3 guys…

And 1!

so yall REALLY wanna take the ball out. of Brunsons hands for Donovan Mitchell..... no jodas.... yall buggin

Brunson is a SUPERSTAR point guard not an off ball shooting guard where he should defer to another point

Bro, he was playing off the ball a bit with Deuce in the Philly series. No one is suggesting moving him to SG or deferring to anyone. But he needs help in order to win a title. Divi stepped up in game 6, but my dude was missing in action much of the Philly series. Inconsistencies across the board -- just like last year. JB can't do it alone. Even superstars need help and if the Knicks don't get him help... (maybe a healthy Randle is enough, maybe) his body will eventually break down sooner than it should imo. The pounding he takes is serious.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,958

Post#42 » by thebuzzardman » Mon May 6, 2024 12:05 pm

Knicks getting Towns, Mitchell and Bridges! Look out!

Full Buzzart
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,381

Post#43 » by robillionaire » Mon May 6, 2024 1:06 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Scott Perry gave us multiple years of elfrid Payton because giving the Magic years of elfrid Payton wasn’t enough for him I’ll pass on his opinion still want Donovan

He made those comments AFTER Rose had already been in power for a good while already, therefore that was Perry relaying the thought process behind why the FO under Rose was not going to let themselves overpay for a player who had never proven to be an impact player who justifies the kind of trade you make for a top 10.

Elfrid Payton does not change the fact that Perry was 100% correct. DM has never shown up consistently enough to be considered great or worth giving up a good chunk of your roster for. The Cavs made that mistake already.

The Cavs won, they’re in the 2nd round just like we are and Donovan’s team wasn’t much help. You can’t call it a fact when it’s just an assertion. I don’t believe Brunson and Donovan make us a lottery team like you have suggested. Especially when both players individually are in top 4 seeded teams in the 2nd round. There was a game 7 yesterday and he scored 39 points in it and won. That’s called showing up.

I seriously doubt the Cavs have any regrets whatsoever about Donovan and will probably do anything they can to keep him there. Which is why this conversation is probably pointless. They’ve been a top 4 team in the conference for 2 years and now have won a playoff series, before he got there they were a lottery team, he is the only reason that team is semi relevant

The main argument for not getting him in the first place was that we aren’t good enough, because we missed the playoffs in 2022 therefore he doesn’t move the needle for us because we have to get Sammy superstar like Giannis and nothing less. Well we have Brunson and he is already a superstar. We are very likely going to the conference finals and we don’t even have Randle back. Anything puts us over the top to a championship including Donovan even if he’s just a 1B star and not a 1A star

Maybe it was good that we didn’t do it back then because maybe we wouldn’t have been able to get Hart or OG. So I’m glad we have those guys now. But going forward makes sense to add a player like him. And I love Donte but he’s a major upgrade from Donte
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#44 » by robillionaire » Mon May 6, 2024 1:54 pm

How do the Cavs matchup with Boston? Boston with no KP may have a tough time? Might not be as easy as people think. They lost a game at home to a Butlerless Heat team
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,336

Post#45 » by Clyde_Style » Mon May 6, 2024 2:03 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Scott Perry gave us multiple years of elfrid Payton because giving the Magic years of elfrid Payton wasn’t enough for him I’ll pass on his opinion still want Donovan

He made those comments AFTER Rose had already been in power for a good while already, therefore that was Perry relaying the thought process behind why the FO under Rose was not going to let themselves overpay for a player who had never proven to be an impact player who justifies the kind of trade you make for a top 10.

Elfrid Payton does not change the fact that Perry was 100% correct. DM has never shown up consistently enough to be considered great or worth giving up a good chunk of your roster for. The Cavs made that mistake already.

The Cavs won, they’re in the 2nd round just like we are and Donovan’s team wasn’t much help. You can’t call it a fact when it’s just an assertion. I don’t believe Brunson and Donovan make us a lottery team like you have suggested. Especially when both players individually are in top 4 seeded teams in the 2nd round. There was a game 7 yesterday and he scored 39 points in it and won. That’s called showing up.

I seriously doubt the Cavs have any regrets whatsoever about Donovan and will probably do anything they can to keep him there. Which is why this conversation is probably pointless. They’ve been a top 4 team in the conference for 2 years and now have won a playoff series, before he got there they were a lottery team, he is the only reason that team is semi relevant

The main argument for not getting him in the first place was that we aren’t good enough, because we missed the playoffs in 2022 therefore he doesn’t move the needle for us because we have to get Sammy superstar like Giannis and nothing less. Well we have Brunson and he is already a superstar. We are very likely going to the conference finals and we don’t even have Randle back. Anything puts us over the top to a championship including Donovan even if he’s just a 1B star and not a 1A star

Maybe it was good that we didn’t do it back then because maybe we wouldn’t have been able to get Hart or OG. So I’m glad we have those guys now. But going forward makes sense to add a player like him. And I love Donte but he’s a major upgrade from Donte

As always, if a player is available it will still come down to cost. This FO tries to get a fair deal in whatever it does so I suppose my concerns about them making a deal that leaves us without enough of a team left over may be unwarranted. This does not seem to be the Knicks of the prior two decades any longer.

The primary argument I would make for DM is with good rotations we could always have a backcourt scorer on the floor. And that would allow Brunson to play a few less minutes per game. They'd still end up on the floor together the majority of the time though.
ImageImageImage
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,433

Post#46 » by sol537 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:28 pm

robillionaire wrote:How do the Cavs matchup with Boston? Boston with no KP may have a tough time? Might not be as easy as people think. They lost a game at home to a Butlerless Heat team

Boston in 4 or 5 even without KP, IMO.

Cavs and Magic stink.
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,761

Post#47 » by FrozenEnvelope » Mon May 6, 2024 2:32 pm

Hoping Cavs can find a way to at least make it 6 games.
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#48 » by robillionaire » Mon May 6, 2024 2:32 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:

As always, if a player is available it will still come down to cost. This FO tries to get a fair deal in whatever it does so I suppose my concerns about them making a deal that leaves us without enough of a team left over may be unwarranted. This does not seem to be the Knicks of the prior two decades any longer.

The primary argument I would make for DM is with good rotations we could always have a backcourt scorer on the floor. And that would allow Brunson to play a few less minutes per game. They'd still end up on the floor together the majority of the time though.

There’s a time when it does makes a little more sense for a team to overpay and there’s a time when it doesn’t. So I think with our current position it makes a little more sense to say hey we should overpay and try to add to this core and win something now than maybe it did a couple years ago when we we looking at a lottery team and didn’t think Brunson would be this impactful. That doesn’t apply to just Donovan though. But what I mean to say is I think it might be a mistake to think that because we didn’t want to overpay in a different situation 2 years ago that means Leon will never overpay for anybody because he’s “different”. Each situation will be unique
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#49 » by Besart19 » Mon May 6, 2024 2:43 pm

thebuzzardman wrote:Knicks getting Towns, Mitchell and Bridges! Look out!

Full Buzzart

You cant do that :) you need 110 million outgoing salaries

Two of them yes and I wouldnt trade Randle for any of them, at least not for Towns... Randle can be traded only for a big that plays both ends of the floor

Bojan, Sims, Rokas and 5 first rounders for DM or MB (for two picks less)... and Randle, Robinson and 2 first rounders for Davis

Brunson / Smith Jr
Mitchell / Di Vincenzo
Hart / two vets for BAE and Min
Anunoby / Achiuwa
Davis / Hartenstein

If was to chose, I would go for Edwards, Doncic and Sengun

Brunson
Edwards
Doncic
Anunoby
Sengun

Footwork Wonderland
Strength and Honour!
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,945

Post#50 » by Capn'O » Mon May 6, 2024 4:22 pm

Kidd with the extension???
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
Monk1718
RealGM
And1: 18,993

Post#51 » by Monk1718 » Mon May 6, 2024 6:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Damn
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,927

Post#52 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon May 6, 2024 6:27 pm

Monk1718 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Bring on the drama! PG13, Jimmy Butler, Ingram, Lebron...it'll be a fun off-season.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,945

Post#53 » by Capn'O » Mon May 6, 2024 6:44 pm

That's basically an announcement that he's available. Hmmmm.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
HerSports85
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 30,027

Post#54 » by HerSports85 » Mon May 6, 2024 7:03 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Bring on the drama! PG13, Jimmy Butler, Ingram, Lebron...it'll be a fun off-season.

Add Derozan
BAF: Chicago Bulls
2023 In-season tournament Champs
robillionaire
RealGM

Post#55 » by robillionaire » Mon May 6, 2024 7:11 pm

Jimmy clearly wants to be here that’s why he’s flirting with Josh hart
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,927

Post#56 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon May 6, 2024 8:23 pm

HerSports85 wrote:
KnicksGadfly wrote:
Monk1718 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Damn

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Add Derozan

I REFUSE!

He's gonna take that Bulls $120 mill/3 offer and he's gonna LIKE IT. Nah, but for real, I'd only take him as a 6th man. He shouldn't do that, though. Once he takes that paycut and starts coming off that bench, he's not gonna get paid like that again. Just take that Bulls offer and make your money, Demar.
Im Coming Home
RealGM
And1: 18,013

Post#57 » by Im Coming Home » Mon May 6, 2024 9:34 pm

Jimmy is too... idk, explosive for me to want him here. He COULD f*ck up everything, then again the Knicks have a bunch of players that work their ass off and do the right thing so maybe he'll feel like they want it as much as he does and respect them.
RGM Knicks BAF- Houston Rockets

PG: Cunningham | Suggs |
SG: Au Thompson | Rupert |
SF: Griffin | Reddish
PF: Avdija | Prince| Bertans
C: Lively II | Smith
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,429

Post#58 » by Fat Kat » Mon May 6, 2024 11:03 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,812

Post#59 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 7, 2024 12:01 am

Read on Twitter
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,385

Post#60 » by aggo » Tue May 7, 2024 2:26 am

WOW MIKE MALONE WENT RIGHT UP TO THE REF AND NO TEHC

Return to New York Knicks