ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

NY2k1
Starter
And1: 925

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#121 » by NY2k1 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:51 pm

robillionaire wrote:I’m just gonna say that it would not surprise me at all to see the nuggets come back and win in 6 I wouldn’t write the obituary yet

Eh, the fact that the Wolves have a 2-0 lead and took both games IN Denver doesn't bode well for the Nuggets.
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,562

Post#122 » by sol537 » Tue May 7, 2024 2:57 pm

Nuggets are done done. They built a Nuggets killer and Murray’s injury is just too much to overcome.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM
And1: 42,090

Post#123 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 7, 2024 3:10 pm

robillionaire wrote:I’m just gonna say that it would not surprise me at all to see the nuggets come back and win in 6 I wouldn’t write the obituary yet

It would surprise me, the Wolves defense may have solved the Nuggets riddle. Their offense is built around that 2 man game between Murray and Jokic and the Wolves have the answers for it with the two bigs and one helping, and then when it's Naz and KAT they have two bigs that spread the floor so he has to defend outside. You could sort of see what they wanted to do last year on defense but they were missing NAW and McDaniels to get after Murray in that series.

Plus they can't stop Ant from getting anywhere he wants.
god shammgod wrote:bring back ihart
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,614

Post#124 » by robillionaire » Tue May 7, 2024 3:15 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It would surprise me, the Wolves defense may have solved the Nuggets riddle. Their offense is built around that 2 man game between Murray and Jokic and the Wolves have the answers for it. You could sort of see what they wanted to do last year on defense but they were missing NAW and McDaniels to get after Murray.

Murray is also playing though some kind of injury and doesn’t look right so yeah that’s a bad sign
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,078

Post#125 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue May 7, 2024 3:16 pm

Mutual interest between Klay and Orlando. Don’t like that potential move for them. The only way they get him is to overpay badly.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#126 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 7, 2024 3:20 pm

robillionaire wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It would surprise me, the Wolves defense may have solved the Nuggets riddle. Their offense is built around that 2 man game between Murray and Jokic and the Wolves have the answers for it. You could sort of see what they wanted to do last year on defense but they were missing NAW and McDaniels to get after Murray.

Murray is also playing though some kind of injury and doesn’t look right so yeah that’s a bad sign

Eh, he averaged 24ppg against the Lakers, the shooting splits weren't great but he was healthy enough to hit game winners like nothing. The wolves held him to 17ppg when they played this season. I feel like McDaniels is probably the best defender in the league going against combo guards, and then NAW and Ant are both elite when they focus. It's just an awful matchup that is stacking up since Jokic has to deal with two bigs.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,862

Post#127 » by Wildcat » Tue May 7, 2024 3:25 pm

NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

It would surprise me, the Wolves defense may have solved the Nuggets riddle. Their offense is built around that 2 man game between Murray and Jokic and the Wolves have the answers for it with the two bigs and one helping, and then when it's Naz and KAT they have two bigs that spread the floor so he has to defend outside. You could sort of see what they wanted to do last year on defense but they were missing NAW and McDaniels to get after Murray in that series.

Which is kind of funny because Denver beat them fairly handily last playoffs.
NoDopeOnSundays
RealGM

Post#128 » by NoDopeOnSundays » Tue May 7, 2024 3:35 pm

Wildcat wrote:
NoDopeOnSundays wrote:

Which is kind of funny because Denver beat them fairly handily last playoffs.

They were missing McDaniels after he Amar'ed himself punching the wall and NAW was out as well. They've gotten better as a team and KAT getting hurt clearly unlocked Naz and gave him confidence.

They probably would have pushed them more last year if McDaniels and NAW had played, those games were close.
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 721

Post#129 » by Ma10 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:20 pm

https://nypost.com/2024/05/07/sports/gilbert-arenas-rips-rudy-gobert-for-missing-playoff-game-for-sons-birth/

It's guy's like Arenas or Draymond who think they are the Nostradamus of basketball. A guy becomes a father for the first time. Excuse me sir, you're a jerk
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,219

Post#130 » by Reign23 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:33 pm

Please put some respect on Kats name, finally.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,862

Post#131 » by Wildcat » Tue May 7, 2024 5:47 pm

Ma10 wrote:https://nypost.com/2024/05/07/sports/gilbert-arenas-rips-rudy-gobert-for-missing-playoff-game-for-sons-birth/

It's guy's like Arenas or Draymond who think they are the Nostradamus of basketball. A guy becomes a father for the first time. Excuse me sir, you're a jerk

What a bloody scumbag.
evevale
Lead Assistant
And1: 17,215

Post#132 » by evevale » Tue May 7, 2024 5:53 pm

joker 1 hit wonder
steph looking washed
mj burks in thibs' bench hell
westbrick on his way to guangdong
halifraud putting up triple singles in the playoffs

meanwhile my boys antman and 3rd option sga are topping the mvp charts and not even in their primes!!

where is chanel i need to point and laugh in his face
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,219

Post#133 » by Reign23 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:55 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Let’s start the Towns > Jokic conversation

Our board heavily underrates KAT in general

Jokic is an amazing player, but Minny's defense has the answer to him this time

I have said KAT would fit into our roster well. I know it would mean moving Randle, but KAT would answer our need for a stretch big. We literally have NO shooting from our frontline in this post-season other than OG

we have to put this Randle - Kat talk to bed once and for all. Leon would do that in a heartbeat and Connelly would hang up the phone just as fast.
formerly known as knickst4pe
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 121,148

Post#134 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 7, 2024 6:01 pm

Knicks aren’t trading Randle for KAT. They never tried to trade Randle ever in the first place and Randle is back with CAA. Sorry folks!
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
FrozenEnvelope
Veteran
And1: 3,808

Post#135 » by FrozenEnvelope » Tue May 7, 2024 6:01 pm

Nuggets were the one team I didn't think we could beat. I do think we have a chance against any other team and that includes Minnesota and OKC. One game at a time though!
Chanel Bomber
RealGM
And1: 37,854

Post#136 » by Chanel Bomber » Tue May 7, 2024 6:34 pm

evevale wrote:joker 1 hit wonder
steph looking washed
mj burks in thibs' bench hell
westbrick on his way to guangdong
halifraud putting up triple singles in the playoffs

meanwhile my boys antman and 3rd option sga are topping the mvp charts and not even in their primes!!

where is chanel i need to point and laugh in his face

spree2kawhi
RealGM
And1: 3,949

Post#137 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 7, 2024 8:56 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Knicks aren’t trading Randle for KAT. They never tried to trade Randle ever in the first place and Randle is back with CAA. Sorry folks!

They should though. Because KAT is much better.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#138 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 7, 2024 8:57 pm

Reign23 wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:Let’s start the Towns > Jokic conversation

Our board heavily underrates KAT in general

Jokic is an amazing player, but Minny's defense has the answer to him this time

I have said KAT would fit into our roster well. I know it would mean moving Randle, but KAT would answer our need for a stretch big. We literally have NO shooting from our frontline in this post-season other than OG

we have to put this Randle - Kat talk to bed once and for all. Leon would do that in a heartbeat and Connelly would hang up the phone just as fast.

If they can’t pay all that, they do that trade in a heartbeat. Saves them 20 million.
spree2kawhi
RealGM

Post#139 » by spree2kawhi » Tue May 7, 2024 8:59 pm

KAT for Randle and Bogdanovic
Bridges for McBride, Robinson and whatever picks it takes.

Finalists 2024, champions 2025
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,702

Post#140 » by HopelessKnick » Tue May 7, 2024 9:12 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:Knicks aren’t trading Randle for KAT. They never tried to trade Randle ever in the first place and Randle is back with CAA. Sorry folks!

Yeah, I wish people would just acknowledge that and move on for the time being but I guess it is a free country and everyone is free to express their opinion. Barring any totally surprising turn of events Randle is going to be with the Knicks at least the entirety of next season. After an hopefully fully healthy season and playoff run the FO is likely going to reconsider....but the switch back to CAA really points towards them not having any plans to trade Randle.

BTW if Randle continues playing the way he played after the bad start I'm actually down with that for the time being. Giannis, Adebayo and Davis are the only PFs that are clearly better. Sabonis, Siakam are kind of a wash, depending on what your team needs so Randle, despite his deficiencies is legitimately a top 5/6 PF in the league.

Realistically if the Knicks do a trade it will be Bogs and maybe Mitch or Deuce and picks. I think Brunson, Randle and OG are untouchable and they are unlikely to consider Hart or DD in a trade due to chemistry issues.

Return to New York Knicks