ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,758

Re: Around the NBA - Continuation... AND one! 

Post#201 » by ScienceOfLosing » Wed May 8, 2024 5:35 am

NYKnickerbocker wrote:
Guano wrote:It's extremely insulting to Brunson that some of you use the Cleveland backcourt as an example of Donovan not working here. Like Garland and Brunson are in the same realm of players. Shameful.

I just don’t think you can have two defensive liabilities in the closing minutes of game on the floor luke Brunson and Mitchell would be mainly due to their height

That’s when you want them out there. They both require doubles to guard.
I worry about the other 45 minutes defensively.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#202 » by ozwizard8 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:21 am

NBA already decided who to put up finals. Wolves will win 4-0 and OKC with 4-1 if refs continue like this.

The f'in Kyrie-Murray top dribblers in the game are not allowed to dribble due to non-call fouls. Lou Dort fouled Luka 20 times but not get called. I'd understand a tough officiating but same Dort is getting cheap-soft ass offensive foul calls for the pretty legit screens.

This shi*t is happening while SGA is treated like WNBA princess. He shooted 11 FTs in first half, almost all of them was soft-ass calls.
knicks94
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,062

Post#203 » by knicks94 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:25 am

I'm surprised that David Fizdale hasn't been promoted to be the head coach of the Lakers. Isn't this guy considered to be one of the best in the NBA by team Lebron and all of the major coaches in the league who crapped on the Knicks for firing him?
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#204 » by HopelessKnick » Wed May 8, 2024 7:59 am

Really like Jalen Williams' game.....he was drafted one spot ahead of Jalen Duren...I don't know if there was any way to move up in that draft but I really like his game. There have been many players like him that got drafted in the 10-20 range and really panned out as very good NBA pros. It's just his second season as well so it makes it more impressive.

OKC has been flying a little under the radar despite them being the rist seed but with SGA, Holmgreen and Williams they may have the next big 3 dominating the NBA. And then they have Giddey, Dortz etc. and loads of picks. They could easily be the coming San Antonio Spurs---a team that will be a top the western conference for a decade. Obviously injuries can always derail everything but they have set up their franchise beautifully.

Maybe we should not trade for a veteran but package our picks and move up in the draft and see whether we can find another wing 3 and D guy or a big playmaking guard. I feel like with our current group of players and coaches and FO the circumstances for player development are ideal really. I don't think I have ever witnessed a knick team where genuinely all acquired or drafted players have been steadily improving.
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#205 » by HopelessKnick » Wed May 8, 2024 8:08 am

ozwizard8 wrote:NBA already decided who to put up finals. Wolves will win 4-0 and OKC with 4-1 if refs continue like this.

The f'in Kyrie-Murray top dribblers in the game are not allowed to dribble due to non-call fouls. Lou Dort fouled Luka 20 times but not get called. I'd understand a tough officiating but same Dort is getting cheap-soft ass offensive foul calls for the pretty legit screens.

This shi*t is happening while SGA is treated like WNBA princess. He shooted 11 FTs in first half, almost all of them was soft-ass calls.

OKC is just the better team really---almost in every category. Maybe Dallas would have had more of a chance if Luka was at 100% but he clearly isn't. Dallas for me is a team that is going to have a tough time getting out of the second round in the west with teams like Minny, OKC and Denver being there in the medium term future. They need more talent on their roster if they want to hang with those teams.
DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 45,127

Post#206 » by DaGawd » Wed May 8, 2024 8:46 am

BaF
Washington Wizards
HopelessKnick
Starter

Post#207 » by HopelessKnick » Wed May 8, 2024 9:04 am

DaGawd wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275634/Trae-Young-Leaves-Klutch-For-CAA

dat trae young brunson backcourt bout to go crazy

Could see Orlando making a play......they need a playmaker and shotmaker....
Reign23
RealGM
And1: 11,176

Post#208 » by Reign23 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:42 am

ozwizard8 wrote:NBA already decided who to put up finals. Wolves will win 4-0 and OKC with 4-1 if refs continue like this.

that is some bad take here.
formerly known as knickst4pe
Reign23
RealGM

Post#209 » by Reign23 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:47 am

the 2022 draft is very top heavy and OKC somehow ended up with 2 of the best 3 players..
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,383

Post#210 » by robillionaire » Wed May 8, 2024 12:02 pm

knicks94 wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
aggo wrote:idk man

okc is already here. they should be favorites next year with this exact team.

wemby in 2 years will probably be averaging 30/10/5/5

we're screwed

Those teams are in the western conference. We’d have to have a team we are confident can get to the finals first before we’d even have to start worrying about them. And fact is if you have a team you are confident can reach the finals, you should fear nobody. Nobody thought the pistons were beating Kobe and shaq with Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Big 3 heat on paper should have been unbeatable. They got smacked in the finals by Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014. 73 win warriors lost in the finals. The KD warriors lost to the Raptors. Get there and let the magic happen. You look at a guy like Brunson and think this is a guy who in any series can will a team to victory no matter what the oddsmakers say

The 2016 Warriors would have beaten the Cavs had the refs not intervened to suspend Green. And if I remember correctly KD barely played in the 2019 finals.

Green deserved the suspension because he’s a moron. KD got injured. That’s the point. You get there and something can happen even if you’re a big time underdog
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 62,348

Post#211 » by Clyde_Style » Wed May 8, 2024 12:07 pm

robillionaire wrote:

we're screwed

Those teams are in the western conference. We’d have to have a team we are confident can get to the finals first before we’d even have to start worrying about them. And fact is if you have a team you are confident can reach the finals, you should fear nobody. Nobody thought the pistons were beating Kobe and shaq with Gary Payton and Karl Malone. Big 3 heat on paper should have been unbeatable. They got smacked in the finals by Dallas in 2011 and the Spurs in 2014. 73 win warriors lost in the finals. The KD warriors lost to the Raptors. Get there and let the magic happen. You look at a guy like Brunson and think this is a guy who in any series can will a team to victory no matter what the oddsmakers say

I agree. My core message for these playoffs has been let that magic happen, because you cannot script this or know the outcome so why not be open to something good happening?

Truth is on paper we should not be a finals team, but a lot depends on health and momentum. We're down to 7 or 8 guys. Can they now hold up? What if they do, what next? Well, Indy is a challenge right now, so keeping home court advantage tonight is as far as we can see ahead really. We held it against Philly and kept it even though Philly won at MSG in game 5 because we took game 4 in Philly. Home court advantage was a big edge in the end so winning the first two games gives us major leverage.

Beyond that, Boston is on paper supposed to ream us. Let's just see how Indy goes and then on to the next one, because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. You have to be in it to win it and we're still very much in it.
ImageImageImage
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,500

Post#212 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 8, 2024 12:49 pm

Watching the Twolves …we need more length…I want Precious resigned and us to make an investment in his development
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
thebuzzardman
RealGM
And1: 82,966

Post#213 » by thebuzzardman » Wed May 8, 2024 1:05 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
robillionaire wrote:

we're screwed

I agree. My core message for these playoffs has been let that magic happen, because you cannot script this or know the outcome so why not be open to something good happening?

Truth is on paper we should not be a finals team, but a lot depends on health and momentum. We're down to 7 or 8 guys. Can they now hold up? What if they do, what next? Well, Indy is a challenge right now, so keeping home court advantage tonight is as far as we can see ahead really. We held it against Philly and kept it even though Philly won at MSG in game 5 because we took game 4 in Philly. Home court advantage was a big edge in the end so winning the first two games gives us major leverage.

Beyond that, Boston is on paper supposed to ream us. Let's just see how Indy goes and then on to the next one, because ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN. You have to be in it to win it and we're still very much in it.

Knicks on a 1973 Mets trajectory.
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#214 » by Lord Commander » Wed May 8, 2024 1:06 pm

DaGawd wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/275634/Trae-Young-Leaves-Klutch-For-CAA

dat trae young brunson backcourt bout to go crazy

Jesus....talk about taking two steps back.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,366

Post#215 » by SelbyCobra » Wed May 8, 2024 1:12 pm

Pub in Belgrade action up in here.
Reign23
RealGM

Post#216 » by Reign23 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:12 pm

BigShot Bojan wrote:Watching the Twolves …we need more length…I want Precious resigned and us to make an investment in his development

I don't know if the answer to the Twolves is Precious Achiwua :)
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#217 » by moocow007 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:19 pm

Reign23 wrote:the 2022 draft is very top heavy and OKC somehow ended up with 2 of the best 3 players..

Why one can argue that the GM is the most important thing to a teams sustained success.
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,500

Post#218 » by BigShot Bojan » Wed May 8, 2024 2:30 pm

Reign23 wrote:
BigShot Bojan wrote:Watching the Twolves …we need more length…I want Precious resigned and us to make an investment in his development

I don't know if the answer to the Twolves is Precious Achiwua :)

It’s a start I don’t see why he could not be our jaden Mcdaniels..tighten up his 3pt shooting and handles a lil …people forget he’s only 24, 1 year older than Mcdaniels and irrationally erratic playtime..he’s moldable with good character, high motor and could be had for relatively inexpensive
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
aggo
RealGM
And1: 6,387

Post#219 » by aggo » Wed May 8, 2024 2:35 pm

precious is also younger than mitch
Ma10
Pro Prospect
And1: 698

Post#220 » by Ma10 » Wed May 8, 2024 2:36 pm

When you consider that Okc could also have Sengun, Quickley and McBride.... crazy!

Return to New York Knicks