ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

jvsimonetti0514
General Manager
And1: 8,067

Re: PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going 

Post#561 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:41 pm

Capn'O wrote:
snadler wrote:Precious should play more, but as the backup 5. When Indy goes to jackson, he and precious are basically the same players, and neither pacer is a good match for mitch. I don't mind using mitch, but not with Precious. But if you are going to play precious it needs to be at the 5

I think you could play some lineups where you sub Hart out for Precious.

iHart
Precious
OG
Donte/Miles
JB/Miles

Yep, I said it before the game that you couldn’t play precious and Mitch together and Thibs did it even worse than I expected by also playing hart at the same time. It totally stopped the momentum we had in the first quarter. Not sure having OG as a number 1 option in any line up is a good idea either. Maybe the lack of spacing hurt cuz otherwise that looked very ugly.
I'm apart of a Knicks podcast! You Should check it out!
youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWW9GUVpNULS97PyptXXU4w
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,986

Post#562 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 4:45 pm

jvsimonetti0514 wrote:
Capn'O wrote:
snadler wrote:Precious should play more, but as the backup 5. When Indy goes to jackson, he and precious are basically the same players, and neither pacer is a good match for mitch. I don't mind using mitch, but not with Precious. But if you are going to play precious it needs to be at the 5

I think you could play some lineups where you sub Hart out for Precious.

iHart
Precious
OG
Donte/Miles
JB/Miles

Yep, I said it before the game that you couldn’t play precious and Mitch together and Thibs did it even worse than I expected by also playing hart at the same time. It totally stopped the momentum we had in the first quarter. Not sure having OG as a number 1 option in any line up is a good idea either. Maybe the lack of spacing hurt cuz otherwise that looked very ugly.

Yes. No Mitch + Precious. Bad.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,330

Post#563 » by TrueWarrior » Tue May 7, 2024 4:49 pm

Obi had a good game, but doing that between the legs dunk was clown behavior.

He missed it against us in the season, so he wanted to try it again. Seems like Rick benched him soon after partly because of how reckless it was. Focused too much on showboating instead of winning. He’s done the eastbay so many times now too that it’s not even cool anymore.

Great that Donte hit a 3 on the next possession to take the momentum back.
SelbyCobra
General Manager
And1: 18,366

Post#564 » by SelbyCobra » Tue May 7, 2024 4:50 pm

Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
Guano wrote:Unreal
Read on Twitter

I don't want to say we are taking this run by Brunson for granted but its absolutely insane what he's been doing. 4 straight games with 40 pts...basically playing every minute of a playoff game with all the attention on you with no true #2 option to help shoulder the load.

Its going to go down in history thats how special it is

I was thinking about that part this morning. from the moment he touches the ball he is hounded. and then when he gets it pass hc he is doubled. it's relentless pressure with no one else on the roster to provide relief yet he is still putting up numbers that are absurd.

and I'm definitely one that is taking it for granted. he has raised the standard to the point I get annoyed when he misses.

on that note, it's really too bad randle is injured because i'd be all in on our chances if we had him right now.

Ehhh, I'm a bit more silver lining about losing Randle.

If it led to dropping in the standings and then getting easily handled out of the playoffs, then it would have me upset.

But the aftermath of Julius' injury has led to a Jalen Brunson masterclass of leadership/winning/production that has served to establish him more and more firmly around the league as the cornerstone superstar Knicks fans already accept him as.

I think that's invaluable on multiple fronts - positive media attention, officiating, and most importantly recruitment; making the Knicks a destination. I don't think this happens to the extent it has without the entire season getting suddenly heaped on his shoulders.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,986

Post#565 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 4:50 pm

god shammgod wrote:where are all the ring chasing vets of yesteryear ? is it an outdated concept ? is the modern game too fast for them to be useful anymore ?

you would think a team like the suns that had ample playing time would have got some and they got nobody.

besides lowry, did anyone add anyone significant for the playoffs ? the heat got kevin love last year. who else was out there ?

That dastardly Lowry should have come here. I guess he got to start there but he'd still be playing here.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,368

Post#566 » by GONYK » Tue May 7, 2024 4:51 pm

Precious is a 5 in this series or he may be nothing
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#567 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:51 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Precious got 4 minutes but wasnt it all with Josh and Mitch?

Not enough spacing with those 3. Thibs has to either sit Josh when Precious comes in at the 4 or play Precious at the 5. Otherwise he’s not going to work.

The 7 man rotation is barely 7 people anymore too. Deuce and Mitch got just over 10 minutes each. We’ll take the wins but the bench has to be integrated more.

I’d see what Burks can do in a few first half minutes with a short leash. Just tell him to give 3/D or stay on the sideline.

Burks minutes need to be with Brunson too. Maybe test it the last few mins in the first quarter, if we have a lead? Burks won’t be able to hijack the offense like he did in the regular season with Jalen out there.
snadler
Head Coach
And1: 7,966

Post#568 » by snadler » Tue May 7, 2024 4:54 pm

Crazy after game 1 but I am much more fearful of McConnell then I am of Halliburton
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,382

Post#569 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 4:56 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
jvsimonetti0514
General Manager

Post#570 » by jvsimonetti0514 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:59 pm

snadler wrote:Crazy after game 1 but I am much more fearful of McConnell then I am of Halliburton

Maybe cuz McConnell always kills us but I’m shocked they kept saying he doesn’t play a ton of minutes for them. Mentioned multiple times on the broadcast that he looked gassed at time cuz of only getting 18 mins a night. Thibs would play him all the time :lol:
Context
RealGM

Post#571 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 4:59 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#572 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 5:00 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,750

Post#573 » by Guano » Tue May 7, 2024 5:02 pm

SelbyCobra wrote:
Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I don't want to say we are taking this run by Brunson for granted but its absolutely insane what he's been doing. 4 straight games with 40 pts...basically playing every minute of a playoff game with all the attention on you with no true #2 option to help shoulder the load.

Its going to go down in history thats how special it is

I was thinking about that part this morning. from the moment he touches the ball he is hounded. and then when he gets it pass hc he is doubled. it's relentless pressure with no one else on the roster to provide relief yet he is still putting up numbers that are absurd.

and I'm definitely one that is taking it for granted. he has raised the standard to the point I get annoyed when he misses.

on that note, it's really too bad randle is injured because i'd be all in on our chances if we had him right now.

Ehhh, I'm a bit more silver lining about losing Randle.

If it led to dropping in the standings and then getting easily handled out of the playoffs, then it would have me upset.

But the aftermath of Julius' injury has led to a Jalen Brunson masterclass of leadership/winning/production that has served to establish him more and more firmly around the league as the cornerstone superstar Knicks fans already accept him as.

I think that's invaluable on multiple fronts - positive media attention, officiating, and most importantly recruitment; making the Knicks a destination. I don't think this happens to the extent it has without the entire season getting suddenly heaped on his shoulders.

that's a positive outlook on it but for the teams success in these playoffs not having randle caps us. though after typing that I realized it could have capped us if he was healthy - considering the way he has played in the playoffs.
Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Context
RealGM

Post#574 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 5:02 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#575 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 5:04 pm

and this was one of my favorite plays:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#576 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 5:06 pm

one more for Hart-I keep running into more :lol:
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 120,833

Post#577 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue May 7, 2024 5:08 pm

god shammgod wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
god shammgod wrote:
and you should do what you usually do on a tuesday afternoon and cook ham

You got 30 alarms on ur phone throughout ur day to remind u to go on smoke breaks

if you'd ever been a smoker, you'd know you don't need an alarm :lol:

Y’all be feenin :lol:
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Context
RealGM

Post#578 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#579 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 5:14 pm

I'm posting all of these vids because we need to enjoy our time and stop focusing on what Knick haters think Knick family :D
Read on Twitter
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,183

Post#580 » by Knick4Real » Tue May 7, 2024 5:14 pm

Context wrote:
HopelessKnick wrote:
Context wrote:This was before the game:

I watched this one before the game as well----it was one of the sloppiest, worst prepared pregame previews in a while:

1. At 1:44 Pierce says he loves Mathurin off the bench.....I was like WTF? So they have a show and he shows up not knowing that Mathurin who was admittedly very good for the Pacers is out for season? I mean how do you miss that?

2. Both of them referred back to the 125-111 Pacer win in the garden where the Knicks were without Mitch, Hartenstein and OG (and obviously Randle). They started Taj Gibson.....I mean why would you take that as a reference? :lol:

3. He cites the Pacers defense and grit on Brunson---like...what? Brunson put up 36points per game on 49% shooting and got to the FT line at will in the regular season shot 30 FTs in 3 games......like WTF is Pierce talking about? The Pacers have no answers 1 on 1 for Brunson. Brunson's 43 points and 14 FTs were just business as usual for him against the Pacers, like another day in the office and he really got to all the spots he wanted to. The Sixers defense on Brunson was much tougher....I have rarely seen such a bad take by a commentator or ex-player pregame. It was like they were not familiar with the personnel of both teams at all and didn't even bother to look at regular season box scores for reference.

Extremely sloppy and unprepared.

cant wait to see their follow up...
you nailed it...Paul is also just a hater of the knicks and for a guy that got the best of us so many times I just dont understand why...

Return to New York Knicks