ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Context
RealGM
And1: 14,331

Re: PG: When The Going Gets Tough The Tough Get Going 

Post#501 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 3:19 pm

cgmw wrote:Here’s the thing about our Nova boys. Their championship DNA means they:

A) Will find a way to win; and
B) Legit DGAF which way the zebras go

You didn’t see them lose composure (like the numbnuts posting on this board or the desperate for storylines National tabloid espn machine) when Embiid was allowed to try to inure people. And you don’t see them gloating now about calls that went their way.

Winners will always get more whistles just like men who don’t care will always get more p*ssy. This group is determined to win regardless of which way the whistles blow.

coulnt have said it better cgmw!
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,429

Post#502 » by Fat Kat » Tue May 7, 2024 3:22 pm

Read on Twitter
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
Guano
RealGM
And1: 42,709

Post#503 » by Guano » Tue May 7, 2024 3:23 pm

robillionaire wrote:
Guano wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
I don't want to say we are taking this run by Brunson for granted but its absolutely insane what he's been doing. 4 straight games with 40 pts...basically playing every minute of a playoff game with all the attention on you with no true #2 option to help shoulder the load.

Its going to go down in history thats how special it is

I was thinking about that part this morning. from the moment he touches the ball he is hounded. and then when he gets it pass hc he is doubled. it's relentless pressure with no one else on the roster to provide relief yet he is still putting up numbers that are absurd.

and I'm definitely one that is taking it for granted. he has raised the standard to the point I get annoyed when he misses.

on that note, it's really too bad randle is injured because i'd be all in on our chances if we had him right now.

This fanbase gets excited for meaningless things like linsanity and talks about it for decades. Surely we can appreciate the greatest 5 game playoff run by a single player literally of all time right

Chanel Bomber wrote:This board really is full of bad people.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 92,946

Post#504 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 3:25 pm

Gravy wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Gravy wrote:When Precious is out there the offense takes a hit then Knicks fans are yelling for players who dont exist. "Where's the shooting?".. uh you mean the starters who are supposed to be getting their rest

I genuinely think we should try burks for 5-8 minutes but ultimately I’m ride or die with Thibs and whatever he wants to do

I read somewhere Burks has a shoulder injury, not sure how true that is. Maybe that's why he doesn't play, or play well..

Thibs has one hand tied behind his back with these injuries. Its amazing to me that we got this far, most teams, coaches and fans would have folded after the Randle, Mitch and OG injuries. You got media crying over KP being out or Embiid at only 80%, they rarely bring up how the Knicks are 3 games away from the ecf with almost half a roster.

What we're doing is bananas. Completely slim pickin's and it's ridiculous that we have to hear about the monumental loss of Maxi Klieber while they parrot "but the Knicks are acktully better without their All NBA forward." No, we're not.

I do think you have to try Precious though because this is the worst of all series for Mitch and you need to give iHart, OG, and Hart some sort of a break. Unlike Philly, where he did an incredible job holding Embiid, the Pacers can use their quickness and spacing to their advantage when he's in the game and take him away from the spots where he can dominate. We started to see some Mitchell Lobinson but not much. I do think Precious can keep our rebounding advantage while keeping up with the switching.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 62,328

Post#505 » by F N 11 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:26 pm

The Cope about this game like Brunson didn’t go off is crazy
CEO of the not trading RJ club.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,335

Post#506 » by god shammgod » Tue May 7, 2024 3:27 pm

Y’all worry too much what other people say. All that matters is who wins.
Context
RealGM

Post#507 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 3:27 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

excellent find!
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Context
RealGM

Post#508 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 3:28 pm

Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod:
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#509 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 3:29 pm

cgmw wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:Go on keep doing between the legs dunk Obi, fuel us

The Pacers may be a threat for 42 mins but competitive games are won in last 5-6 mins of the game, we are a superior team in clutch, we pay more attention to details, guys like Hart, Divo, OG are increasingly becoming clutch players making clutch plays, the Pacers aren't used to such pressure

This game didn't look easy but imo we should still sweep them 4-0

100%. we answered with a 3 IIRC.

I’m gonna go ahead and predict that Jalen comes back down to Earth for at least one if not two games. Knicks in 5 or 6.

He’s been jawdropping, but it’s unfair and unlikely to think he won’t have an off night or two.

I dunno. The Pacers really don't have an answer for him.
BAF Clippers

Context
RealGM

Post#510 » by Context » Tue May 7, 2024 3:31 pm

god shammgod wrote:Y’all worry too much what other people say. All that matters is who wins.

Exactly Sham...

I want share this with those that need it. It will help you - not only in your Knick fandom but you will
also need it for success in life and peace within yourself :lol:

Spoiler:

its a must read^^^^
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,335

Post#511 » by god shammgod » Tue May 7, 2024 3:32 pm

P.S. Mitch is playing and Precious ain’t and you’ll like it. Save all that talk for the ”who gives a sh*t” thread.
Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks

Post#512 » by Capn'O » Tue May 7, 2024 3:35 pm

Garbagelo wrote:Media and opposing fans are crying because of something called LolKnicks. It is something they grew up with. It is like a national pastime for them, to make fun of the Knicks 24/7 and treat them as a class clown. It's been 24 years of the same thoughtless nonsense.

They are panicking now because they can't accept we are actually good. They will do all sorts of malarkey to continue the tradition ranging from disrespect, crying about the refs, to creating stats that show our players are not very good.

What they are experiencing now is cognitive dissonance and it will take several years for them to get over it.

This is absolutely correct. They don't know what to do with us when they can't laugh.

It's like, ok, Brunson isn't a true superstar, the Knicks don't have a second option, Thibs is overrated, the front office makes terrible mistakes over and over, Randle isn't worth anything and we don't miss him... ok. Then why are we beating your ass??? Cause either we're good, or you suck. Choose carefully.
BAF Clippers

KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#513 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 7, 2024 3:36 pm

Context wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

:nod:

He also had Siakam played very well and Siakam still made the hard layup
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,328

Post#514 » by TrueWarrior » Tue May 7, 2024 3:45 pm

So in game 2 against the Sixers other fans complained the refs didnt call a marginal foul on us at the end.

In this game they’re complaining they did call a marginal foul at the end.

The kicked ball was a blown call, but the Turner screen, even if it wasn’t egregious and Donte sold it, was still a foul.

All we want is consistency. There shouldn’t be separate rules for the end of the game. If it’s a foul in the 1st quarter it should be a foul in the 4th, and vice versa.

Meanwhile Embiid was allowed to injure our players in game 3 without being tossed to “make up” for game 2. I expect similar bullsh*t for tomorrow night now. Maxey also got away with traveling on his 4 pt play in game 5, etc.

No matter what, our guys pulled it off. Jalen is a monster and Josh/Donte stepped the hell up too. Isaiah/OG rounded things out. Need more from the bench, but they were all negative in the little they played. 3 more now. Lets go.
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 39,411

Post#515 » by KnicksGod » Tue May 7, 2024 3:48 pm

Def makes no sense for Deuce to chase McConnell over
- simple, good answer by this board
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,927

Post#516 » by KnicksGadfly » Tue May 7, 2024 3:49 pm

Guano wrote:
robillionaire wrote:
Guano wrote:
I was thinking about that part this morning. from the moment he touches the ball he is hounded. and then when he gets it pass hc he is doubled. it's relentless pressure with no one else on the roster to provide relief yet he is still putting up numbers that are absurd.

and I'm definitely one that is taking it for granted. he has raised the standard to the point I get annoyed when he misses.

on that note, it's really too bad randle is injured because i'd be all in on our chances if we had him right now.

This fanbase gets excited for meaningless things like linsanity and talks about it for decades. Surely we can appreciate the greatest 5 game playoff run by a single player literally of all time right

I don’t think people appreciated Brunson enough even after last year. I was telling people earlier this year that Brunson had long become the Knicks’ best player and I still got pushback. It shouldn’t have taken this playoff series to see that - he was amazing against both Cleveland and Miami last year.

Beyond that, I think anyone who calls Linsanity meaningless is very wrong and the fact that it got brought up like this feels weird. I don’t wanna derail the thread so I’ll leave it there. I do think Brunson will get more flowers than any player got since Ewing, much less Lin, and rightfully so.
robillionaire
RealGM
And1: 49,382

Post#517 » by robillionaire » Tue May 7, 2024 3:49 pm

god shammgod wrote:P.S. Mitch is playing and Precious ain’t and you’ll like it. Save all that talk for the ”who gives a sh*t” thread.

Struggling to not fall down to 3rd string. How the mighty have fallen :cry:
Fury
RealGM
And1: 15,282

Post#518 » by Fury » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 pm

Read on Twitter
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,764

Post#519 » by Lord Commander » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 pm

KnicksGadfly wrote:Said it before but I gotta say it again.

Josh Hart is the true unicorn.

Big men shooting 3s and all that is normal now. What’s not normal is Josh Hart doing big man shat while still playing as a guard.

The way he rebounds in traffic and sprints back the other way is awesome! You can't guard that. And it seems that he cant be blocked out either because he'll just go over you and tap out. He's got a frenetic/crackhead style!!! :lol:
Besart19
RealGM
And1: 4,295

Post#520 » by Besart19 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:50 pm

Luv those Knicks wrote:
Besart19 wrote:
aggo wrote:- made fun of aggo saying pacers were worst matchup for us before the playoffs
- made fun of aggo saying that we matchup well against the sixers
- made fun of aggo saying we needed bogs for the playoffs, and that playing him a lot in the regular season was good

soon:

- made fun of aggo for saying Alec burks will average more minutes in the playoffs than McBride.

Pre February

did u think I was just trolling?

With a healthy Knicks this is a blowout sweep… Randle Bojan and Burks are great at transition offense and a mobile healthy Mitch is sorely missed on the other end

You're talking about a time machine, right?
Strength and Honour!

Return to New York Knicks