ImageImageImageImageImage

GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,906

Re: GT: New York Knicks vs Indiana Pacers (Wed, 8PM) 

Post#261 » by RHODEY » Wed May 8, 2024 4:08 am

Knick4Real wrote:WAIT A MINUTE...

Don't blame Mitch for his ankle being reinjured. Blame Embiid for pulling on the bad ankle during Round 1 then purposely rolling his 800-pound walrus frame over Mitch's ankles. He's a dirty player, plain and simple.

Mitch came back earlier than recommended to give us what he could in the playoffs. We need to celebrate that, not condemn him for something that's not his fault.

Now, with that said, it's gonna be crazy difficult to pay OG + keep iHart, Precious, and Mitch. This may be the time to get value back for him -- but not because of a re-injury caused by dirty Embitch.

They have no loyalty and no memory of DPOY level play before the injury...it's pretty sad.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,783

Post#262 » by oldshoolballer » Wed May 8, 2024 4:09 am

LFGK wrote:Getting reaaaaaaally sick and tired of hearing J Williams and Legler on Get up….all they want to talk about is the Turner Foul, how about them tugging on Brunson on the inbound? The 2 bail out calls Indi got the last 3 seconds of the shot clock??(RIDICULOUS calls) they threw their best punch, got the game into the 120’s and still couldn’t win, going to smoke these guys game 2

I stopped watching all the sports talk shows years ago. SAS, Bayless, Cowherd Etc. Just a waste of time and energy. They are also wrong most of time. I don't need the national media to tell me sh t to be honest. I let my own eyes tell me what I'm seeing.
Adelheid
RealGM
And1: 6,982

Post#263 » by Adelheid » Wed May 8, 2024 4:10 am

OKC will have problems later on, and y'all will see it in due time
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,582

Post#264 » by stuporman » Wed May 8, 2024 4:18 am

Mitch playing through an injury to help the team beat the guy who hurt him and this is the slander he gets from a bunch of posters who squeal like little girls in game threads the moment a game gets tough is some pathetic stuff.
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job
matchman
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,326

Post#265 » by matchman » Wed May 8, 2024 4:25 am

Wish Mitch speedy recovery.

With that said protecting the home court is essential to have a shorter series, we need to save our mileage for a deep run in this playoffs.
Are you fans of the team or the player?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 101,666

Post#266 » by mpharris36 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:26 am

I think we are getting close to a point where a team (might eventually be indy). Just trap and double everytime brunson comes up the court. He is having such a legendary scoring run.

I wonder at one point if a coach decides to just dare our other guys to score even if the shots are wide open and just hope they miss more than brunson.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,434

Post#267 » by sol537 » Wed May 8, 2024 4:43 am

stuporman wrote:Mitch playing through an injury to help the team beat the guy who hurt him and this is the slander he gets from a bunch of posters who squeal like little girls in game threads the moment a game gets tough is some pathetic stuff.

Mitch is a warrior and has lots of heart.

But… he’s still injury prone and I’d ship him out for a fair trade because I like my guys to be durable.
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,691

Post#268 » by Meat » Wed May 8, 2024 4:48 am

mpharris36 wrote:I think we are getting close to a point where a team (might eventually be indy). Just trap and double everytime brunson comes up the court. He is having such a legendary scoring run.

I wonder at one point if a coach decides to just dare our other guys to score even if the shots are wide open and just hope they miss more than brunson.

watching he wolves do it was scary, the wolves are scary man
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,239

Post#269 » by BBALLER4FR » Wed May 8, 2024 4:52 am

Read on Twitter

Damn! This goofy bastard is a jinx and our fanbase don't even know it. What happened the last time dude posted similar? (*flashback* "SUKK MY DICK NI66A! Melo - BULLY! CHandler - BULLY! Prigioni - stealin' ya fukkin cookies! See you at the FUKKIN FINALS!!!") An unsympathetic fanbase saying and posting out of pocket bait on the internet where is is easily retrievable for trolls to use at a later date. It's why we were so laughable for so long. Stop doing this PLEASE!!!!!
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,407

Post#270 » by Luv those Knicks » Wed May 8, 2024 5:07 am

At least the Precious fans will see Precious. Or Previous? I hate that **** nickname. Lets never call him that again.

We could call him PA if he needs a Knickname. I don't hate calling him "PA"

It's Thibs Iron-man basketball against the Pacers. Pacers have more depth, Knicks have Brunson and Thibs coaching and defensive style. Tough series, but the 2nd round of the playoffs is supposed to be tough.

This is going to be wild. I'm not worried. I still think we can win, and if we don't, it was still the best year we've had since 99. I'll take it. I'm proud of what this team has done and proud of being a Knicks-Fan.
You’ve gotta have Hart
Miles and miles and miles of Hart
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,110

Post#271 » by Bob Ross » Wed May 8, 2024 5:08 am

Feel terrible for Mitch. What a fuggin warrior. We can forget how incredible he was early in the season before he got hurt.

I've had a fondness for Mitch ever since that fraud Sam Vecinie said if we specifically draft him, it'd be a disaster. Well f*ck him and f*ck Embiitch too
Bob Ross
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,110

Post#272 » by Bob Ross » Wed May 8, 2024 5:08 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:At least the Precious fans will see Precious. Or Previous? I hate that **** nickname. Lets never call him that again.

It's Thibs Iron-man basketball against the Pacers. Pacers have more depth, Knicks have Brunson and Thibs coaching and defensive style. Tough series, but the 2nd round of the playoffs is supposed to be tough.

This is going to be wild. I'm not worried. I still think we can win, and if we don't, it was still the best year we've had since 99. I'll take it. I'm proud of what this team has done and proud of being a Knicks-Fan.

Precious is both a real name and a solid nickname
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,430

Post#273 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 8, 2024 5:13 am

Bob Ross wrote:Feel terrible for Mitch. What a fuggin warrior. We can forget how incredible he was early in the season before he got hurt.

I've had a fondness for Mitch ever since that fraud Sam Vecinie said if we specifically draft him, it'd be a disaster. Well f*ck him and f*ck Embiitch too

I think that we should go over to the Sixers forum and let them know what’s coming down the road. It’s WAR!
Free Palestine
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,362

Post#274 » by Context » Wed May 8, 2024 5:32 am

The Slander is foul...Without Mitch we dont beat Philly...
Is it that hard to wait until the off season to talk about trading him...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/Jaden-Mc
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,758

Post#275 » by ScienceOfLosing » Wed May 8, 2024 5:38 am

RHODEY wrote:
aq_ua wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:Which team would be worse, the Knicks without Brunson or the Thunder without SGA?

Thunder just went 10 deep and sat SGA for almost 4 minutes in the first half.
OKC is so blessed...they are fully healthy and loaded to the gills and more trade assets than anyone in the league....life ain't fair.

Yep, only downfall is… location, location, location.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,179

Post#276 » by Knick4Real » Wed May 8, 2024 6:19 am

Knicks Byke wrote:
Knick4Real wrote:WAIT A MINUTE...

Don't blame Mitch for his ankle being reinjured. Blame Embiid for pulling on the bad ankle during Round 1 then purposely rolling his 800-pound walrus frame over Mitch's ankles. He's a dirty player, plain and simple.

Mitch came back earlier than recommended to give us what he could in the playoffs. We need to celebrate that, not condemn him for something that's not his fault.

Now, with that said, it's gonna be crazy difficult to pay OG + keep iHart, Precious, and Mitch. This may be the time to get value back for him -- but not because of a re-injury caused by dirty Embitch.

i dont think anyone is condemning him for getting hurt again. What he provided was 100% appreciated but like you said maybe its time to get value back for him.

Whether Embiid re aggravated the ankle or not, Mitch is always missing time.

People all over social media are saying Mitch has proven he can't stay healthy and has to go.
Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 8,179

Post#277 » by Knick4Real » Wed May 8, 2024 6:28 am

Luv those Knicks wrote:At least the Precious fans will see Precious. Or Previous? I hate that **** nickname. Lets never call him that again.

:lol:
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,430

Post#278 » by HarthorneWingo » Wed May 8, 2024 7:07 am

ScienceOfLosing wrote:
RHODEY wrote:
aq_ua wrote:Thunder just went 10 deep and sat SGA for almost 4 minutes in the first half.
OKC is so blessed...they are fully healthy and loaded to the gills and more trade assets than anyone in the league....life ain't fair.

Yep, only downfall is… location, location, location.

Yeah but they do have really great fans.
Free Palestine
HopelessKnick
Starter
And1: 1,699

Post#279 » by HopelessKnick » Wed May 8, 2024 7:21 am

First of all: Get well big fella. He really did battle through the first round and the dirty Embiid fouls. He was a major factor for us advancing past Philly. Grateful for that.

I thought overall he just wasn't really healthy to be honest. His effectiveness was really limited due to his lack of mobility---the ankle just wasn't right and I was getting increasingly uncomfortable on almost every play. I was already questioning whether it wouldn't make more sense to give Precious more minutes.

We can still take down the Pacers with Precious but obviously beyond that things are looking bleek. The Celtics must have one of the easiest rides to the finals. All their main rivals and teams they faced had major injury issues:

Milwaukee without Giannis and mostly Dame
Philly with a hobbled Embiid
Knicks without Randle, Mitch, Bojan
Cavs without Allen
Heat without Butler, Rozier

pretty crazy....
E86
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,177

Post#280 » by E86 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:26 am

RHODEY wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Lord Commander wrote:
'Ol Reg better wear a helmet. :lol:

If you ever wondered why the national media is so divisive against the Knicks, look no further than half the country somehow thinking Reggie Miller is a good announcer and insurance/fast food pitchman.

I’m clearly out of touch because for the life of me I can’t understand how anyone could stand listening/seeing him.

FWIW I met Reggie once courtside at the Garden and asked if he would FaceTime briefly with my dad who was literally on his death bed watching the game at a Manhattan hospital. His partner Kevin Harlan was gracious, said hi to my dad and sent well wishes. Reggie didn’t just say no, he flat out ignored me and refused to acknowledge my presence or my dad on FaceTime (literally a dying man in the hospital a couple miles away). He heard the entire convo with Harlan and pretended it wasn’t happening. World class d-bag.

Wow...sorry to hear that. I never liked Reggie but also never realized he was a real Douchebag.

You didn't think this guy was a douche bag?

Return to New York Knicks