ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it too much to ask...

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

NYK_Lampe
Rookie
And1: 67

Is it too much to ask... 

Post#1 » by NYK_Lampe » Thu May 9, 2024 6:51 pm

I know it hasn't been happening too much on here specifically but I've seen some small batches of posts between twitter and instagram seeing fans already talking about that other stars we could potentially land to add to this core. I know it's been the thing to do for us through most years of dealing with some tough teams we've had watch but after the long standing suffering we have all collectively endured is it too much to ask for us to be ALL IN on this team right now rather than speculation on possible off-season moves?

I get it that with the rotation Thibs is stuck running with after all these injuries that everything in my brain tells me eventually they have got to inevitably run out of gas at some point to derail this train. But at the same time tell me this doesn't also feel like a gritty team of destiny? Hopefully we see the boys roll into Indy punch these guys in the $#^&!% jaw these next two games to leave them down for the count then get ready for total war with Boston.

That is all
Meat
Head Coach
And1: 4,724

Re: Is it too much to ask... 

Post#2 » by Meat » Thu May 9, 2024 7:21 pm

NYK_Lampe wrote:I know it hasn't been happening too much on here specifically but I've seen some small batches of posts between twitter and instagram seeing fans already talking about that other stars we could potentially land to add to this core. I know it's been the thing to do for us through most years of dealing with some tough teams we've had watch but after the long standing suffering we have all collectively endured is it too much to ask for us to be ALL IN on this team right now rather than speculation on possible off-season moves?

I get it that with the rotation Thibs is stuck running with after all these injuries that everything in my brain tells me eventually they have got to inevitably run out of gas at some point to derail this train. But at the same time tell me this doesn't also feel like a gritty team of destiny? Hopefully we see the boys roll into Indy punch these guys in the $#^&!% jaw these next two games to leave them down for the count then get ready for total war with Boston.

That is all

you can do 2 things at once
NYK_Lampe
Rookie

Post#3 » by NYK_Lampe » Thu May 9, 2024 8:04 pm

Meat wrote:
NYK_Lampe wrote:I know it hasn't been happening too much on here specifically but I've seen some small batches of posts between twitter and instagram seeing fans already talking about that other stars we could potentially land to add to this core. I know it's been the thing to do for us through most years of dealing with some tough teams we've had watch but after the long standing suffering we have all collectively endured is it too much to ask for us to be ALL IN on this team right now rather than speculation on possible off-season moves?

That is all

Sounds a bit contradictory to be 100% fully focused on the present while also talking about the future. But sure
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,514

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 9, 2024 8:10 pm

I’d like to run it back with the same core
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,627

Post#5 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 8:15 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:I’d like to run it back with the same core

We are in great shape moving forward. Getting everyone healthy for next year is all we need to do. I would like to improve the bench depth and hopefully Thibs manages to run a deeper rotation at least to the ASB. I am all in on this team fully healthy. True contender level team. I love it.
:beer: RIP mags
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,873

Post#6 » by cgmw » Thu May 9, 2024 8:25 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:

We are in great shape moving forward. Getting everyone healthy for next year is all we need to do. I would like to improve the bench depth and hopefully Thibs manages to run a deeper rotation at least to the ASB. I am all in on this team fully healthy. True contender level team. I love it.

This is a lot more likely than people realize. Leon only moves if a deal makes us clearly better than the C’s. Otherwise the risk of losing the chemistry outweighs the potential benefit of Starphucking.

I’ll say this — Leon’s history with Booker makes me think they wouldn’t hesitate to pull that trigger even if it’s a questionable move.

That said, let’s win Game 3. Then Game 4. Then beat Boston. Period. /Story
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#7 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 9, 2024 9:23 pm

Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Right, we need some bench help. I'd like to keep Bojan though. Where are we going to find a better outside shooter to come off the bench?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#8 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 9, 2024 9:25 pm

cgmw wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

This is a lot more likely than people realize. Leon only moves if a deal makes us clearly better than the C’s. Otherwise the risk of losing the chemistry outweighs the potential benefit of Starphucking.

I’ll say this — Leon’s history with Booker makes me think they wouldn’t hesitate to pull that trigger even if it’s a questionable move.

Trading Donte would really piss off JB and Josh.

Donte, Mitch, and our draft picks?
Free Palestine
Jalen Bluntson
RealGM
And1: 19,627

Post#9 » by Jalen Bluntson » Thu May 9, 2024 9:31 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Right, we need some bench help. I'd like to keep Bojan though. Where are we going to find a better outside shooter to come off the bench?

I would be perfectly fine with keeping everyone we have right now sans Burks. Upgrade the bench somehow...and bring back iHart/OG/Precious on good deals. If that's possible, I'm down with that 100%.

I just can't stress enough that Thibs needs to stretch the rotation though. I'm not arguing with anyone ever again about his minutes insanity either. It's plain as day staring us in the face right now. We need depth and we need to use it. Period.
:beer: RIP mags
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#10 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:32 pm

Depends on what you define as the core.

Brunson DDV Hart - sure. They all are more valuable to us than other teams anyway.

Randle, Mitch - longest tenured, but might be our cleanest path to an upgrade

iHart, OG, Precious - gotta re-sign guys.

If you make us relatively healthy we are formidable. If you replace Randle and Bogs with Durant.... that's a large step up IMO
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Thu May 9, 2024 9:37 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:

Brunson DDV Hart - sure. They all are more valuable to us than other teams anyway.

If you make us relatively healthy we are formidable. If you replace Randle and Bogs with Durant.... that's a large step up IMO

13-2 with Randle and OG. :D
Free Palestine
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,959

Post#12 » by nykballa2k4 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:

13-2 with Randle and OG. :D

I hear you, but Randle is such a focal point. It will be interesting seeing him re-join the team now that it's firmly JB's team.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Meat
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Meat » Thu May 9, 2024 10:02 pm

NYK_Lampe wrote:
Meat wrote:

That is all

Sounds a bit contradictory to be 100% fully focused on the present while also talking about the future. But sure

Do you appreciate your life now? Are you excited for the future? See how that works?
Meat
Head Coach

Post#14 » by Meat » Thu May 9, 2024 10:06 pm

Not at all, you have to make a team with enough options that allow Brunson to take a night off or play less than 40mpg or god forbid, injuries
Context
RealGM
And1: 14,545

Post#15 » by Context » Thu May 9, 2024 10:08 pm

we could run it back with the same core-except maybe we pick up 1 or 2
vets- who want to play for thibs can defend and score and fit perfectly with Jalen...
LaMelo/J-Green
S.Barnes/JMAC
Herbert-J/Kyle
JarenJjr/Portis
B.Lopez/Duren
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#16 » by Luv those Knicks » Thu May 9, 2024 10:40 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

I feel that Bojan is the most likely to get traded. Thibs squeezed him out of the rotation when everyone was healthy and we could use a backup PG to rest Brunson probably more than an outside shooter.

I'm not sure who they can get for Bojan and a couple picks, but I'm leaning in that direction if they can find a good trade partner.

That and . . . draft 2 guys they like this draft. They've drafted pretty well with the picks in the 20s in recent years.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,873

Post#17 » by cgmw » Fri May 10, 2024 12:57 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
cgmw wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Trading Donte would really piss off JB and Josh.

Donte, Mitch, and our draft picks?

That’s what I’m saying. It will be really hard for Leon to make a big move. Pressure to run it back will be sky high.
"Sell the team. Sell the team. Sell the team."
BigShot Bojan
General Manager
And1: 8,508

Post#18 » by BigShot Bojan » Fri May 10, 2024 1:49 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Deni avdija
Formerly Knicks85

Capn'O wrote:I wonder what Paul Reed's feelings are about metal bats.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#19 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri May 10, 2024 2:32 am

BigShot Bojan wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Jalen Bluntson wrote:

Deni avdija

1. He’d probably cost too much, and

2. Same problem as Obi, where’s the playing time coming from?

Also, why wouldn’t Wash. just keep him?
Free Palestine
NYK_Lampe
Rookie

Post#20 » by NYK_Lampe » Fri May 10, 2024 3:57 am

Meat wrote:
NYK_Lampe wrote:
Meat wrote:you can do 2 things at once

Do you appreciate your life now? Are you excited for the future? See how that works?

Not quite comparable at all really. Again focusing on other teams stars when you're in the midst of the best playoff run we've had in close to 3 decades is only going to distract some from stopping and smelling the roses.

Return to New York Knicks