ImageImageImageImageImage

Clyde Has Joined the DARKSIDE!!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Clyde Has Joined the DARKSIDE!! 

Post#1 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:28 am

When discussing Isiah's utterly ridiculous comment that the Knicks will win a championship during his tenure, Clyde said that he should get his team in the playoffs first, then he added play at least .500 ball.

Now, you know Clyde is the ultimate Knicks fan and a guy who keeps his mouth close when he has nothing nice to say. Isiah's statement shows an overall lack of respect for anything NBA... maybe if the Knicks were demoted to the D-League, they could win a championship.

But for him to make that statement after 4 straight losses, then see his team get smashed by the Kings who are clearly holding out the vets so they can tank is the most ridiculous thing EVER.

I am so glad Clyde called him on his B.S.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Re: Clyde Has Joined the DARKSIDE!! 

Post#2 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:31 am

StutterStep wrote:When discussing Isiah's utterly ridiculous comment that the Knicks will win a championship during his tenure, Clyde said that he should get his team in the playoffs first, then he added play at least .500 ball.

Now, you know Clyde is the ultimate Knicks fan and a guy who keeps his mouth close when he has nothing nice to say. Isiah's statement shows an overall lack of respect for anything NBA... maybe if the Knicks were demoted to the D-League, they could win a championship.

But for him to make that statement after 4 straight losses, then see his team get smashed by the Kings who are clearly holding out the vets so they can tank is the most ridiculous thing EVER.

Yeah it's one of the reason's I dislike Isiah. He smiles and lies to your face, and basically talks to Knick fans like they're idiots. We may as well get used to it though, because it doesn't look like he's going anywhere anytime soon.

At tonight's press conference he'll probably talk about how the Knicks were only 1 or 2 plays away from winning, and that the Knicks could just as easily be 22-8 instead of 8-22.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#3 » by PrecociousNeoph » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:31 am

StutterStep wrote:When discussing Isiah's utterly ridiculous comment that the Knicks will win a championship during his tenure, Clyde said that he should get his team in the playoffs first, then he added play at least .500 ball.

yea I thought that was funny. he has been a lot more critical of Isiah and the players over the past few games. I think he's had enough of these fools embarassing his team for a long time, but with the kind of effort they gave tonight he's done defending them.
“Bye, Felicia.”
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#4 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:32 am

They wont win there either, players in the D league have heart and play defense, they just dont have an abundance of talent
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#5 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:35 am

Clyde is perfectly correct. Isiah is very undisciplined as a coach, that is why our players continue to joke around despite all the criticisms and booes by the fans. Isiah does not value the game of basektball, or perhaps he just hates the Knicks.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
DDV
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#6 » by DDV » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:37 am

clyde the past few weeks has been slowly ripping the knicks more and more each game...

i wonder how much him and breen are getting complaints from management

gus is the only guy who i cant see knocking the team hes drinking the kool aid epsecially the isiah kool aid

the way he was talking about isiah and how tough it must be for him u wouls think he was talking about a childrens st judes patient
Big C
RealGM

Post#7 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:37 am

I have always felt Clyde was honest. I never viewed him as a homer. He has always made comments like that. Even when Marv was here.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#8 » by Knick 4ever » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:39 am

It is purely embarrassing what is happening to the Knicks these days.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#9 » by Smoke24 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 am

Well our commentators are going to be critical all year because Isaiah is not going to quit and leave $24 Million on the table, so he's going to take all the things said about him in stride and keep feeding us BS on why we should leave him and the team alone.

Dolan on the other hand is not going to fire the guy and have to pay him the money he would be owed because it seems to me hes all about the money and is already pissed he had to pay LB his money and the money from the lawsuit (like $50 million total) so he's not going to spend anymore untill he gets that back from all his ventures.

So Breen, Johnson, Clyde and Kenny Smith are all going to be singing the same swan song all year along with the fans because this is the product we are stuck with until both parties are paid off.
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#10 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 am

Big C wrote:I have always felt Clyde was honest. I never viewed him as a homer. He has always made comments like that. Even when Marv was here.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#11 » by TKF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:46 am

Smoke24 wrote:Well our commentators are going to be critical all year because Isaiah is not going to quit and leave $24 Million on the table, so he's going to take all the things said about him in stride and keep feeding us BS on why we should leave him and the team alone.

Dolan on the other hand is not going to fire the guy and have to pay him the money he would be owed because it seems to me hes all about the money and is already pissed he had to pay LB his money and the money from the lawsuit (like $50 million total) so he's not going to spend anymore untill he gets that back from all his ventures.

So Breen, Johnson, Clyde and Kenny Smith are all going to be singing the same swan song all year along with the fans because this is the product we are stuck with until both parties are paid off.

exactly.... When dolan made Isiah coach the team, it was not to see if Isiah can actually win, it was to save money because he had to pay brown a boatload for basically nothing... Dolan is a idiot, he doesn't care about the fans, that is why when he sits his fat, drunken azz down at the garden, everyone should chang " fire dolan" or "sell the knicks".. but he should be harrassed every damn game. The knicks are a dumpster fire, no way around it. even other players are calling us out, how bad is that?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#12 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:53 am

Big C wrote:I have always felt Clyde was honest. I never viewed him as a homer. He has always made comments like that. Even when Marv was here.

Not a homer, in that he analyzes the games fair and square... but rarely does Clyde ever goes against a player or coach's viewpoint...

Tonight he was ripping everything and agreeing with Breen. Normally when Breen goes off on one of his tangents, Clyde just gets mum. Tonight he added tidbits about the lack of professionalism during warm-ups, etc...
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach

Post#13 » by PrecociousNeoph » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:54 am

TKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

exactly.... When dolan made Isiah coach the team, it was not to see if Isiah can actually win, it was to save money because he had to pay brown a boatload for basically nothing... Dolan is a idiot, he doesn't care about the fans, that is why when he sits his fat, drunken azz down at the garden, everyone should chang " fire dolan" or "sell the knicks".. but he should be harrassed every damn game. The knicks are a dumpster fire, no way around it. even other players are calling us out, how bad is that?

let's remember this is the same place where security guards throw fans out and hand out warnings for fans who chant "Fire Isiah" or hold up "Fire Isiah" signs. can you imagine if they were to speak negatively of His Dolanness? that fan would be sent to a russian gulag.
“Bye, Felicia.”
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach

Post#14 » by PrecociousNeoph » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:57 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Not a homer, in that he analyzes the games fair and square... but rarely does Clyde ever goes against a player or coach's viewpoint...

Tonight he was ripping everything and agreeing with Breen. Normally when Breen goes off on one of his tangents, Clyde just gets mum. Tonight he added tidbits about the lack of professionalism during warm-ups, etc...

that's the thing. I think he always felt it, he just never said it. whether he was giving the players the benefit of the doubt, or simply didn't want to rock the boat after seeing what happened to Marv, I don't know. but tonight he clearly has had enough, he let everyone have it from isiah down to nate. I don't tihnk i've ever heard clyde rip them like he did tonight.
“Bye, Felicia.”
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#15 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:57 am

Since TKF did not do a keys tonight, I didn't get a chance to chime in on this:

The most pathetic thing about tonight's game was the starting lineup. How the FK does QRich and Curry still start? Curry plays average one game on the bench and IT thinks he's turned the corner?

We have Balkman/Chandler to develop, yet QRich lets Salmons get off to a hot start and IT is fine with that?

Just 'cause it's a new year doesn't mean it's a clean slate -- the season starts in November!!!
Big C
RealGM

Post#16 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:17 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I remember when Don Nelson was here and Clyde use to get on him about his abnormal style of coaching. As far as Clyde and Breen I find them to agree 95% of the time. It's only when it comes to calls with the ref that they tend to disagree. As far as players ethics, and production they are normally on the same page. IF you are looking at different opinions then you might want to look at Kenny and Breen. They are on two different worlds apart. Even the days of Marv and Clyde they both would comment on the players when there were blow outs. Remember there are years that the Knicks were winning 50 games. When the Knicks are winning 50 games a year it is very hard to say anything negative. When JVG quit Walt was blasting the Knicks players.

I just look at Clyde's assessment as a guy being honest. Not a guy going off on a tangent. When Marbury said he is the best Walt went at Marbury. Saying prove it. Then he went on to say, "In my day players had to prove it." Or when Ewing said he was going to win it all. Frazier and Marv made the same type comments that you heard today.
Big C
RealGM

Post#17 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:24 am

StutterStep wrote:Since TKF did not do a keys tonight, I didn't get a chance to chime in on this:

The most pathetic thing about tonight's game was the starting lineup. How the FK does QRich and Curry still start? Curry plays average one game on the bench and IT thinks he's turned the corner?

We have Balkman/Chandler to develop, yet QRich lets Salmons get off to a hot start and IT is fine with that?

Just 'cause it's a new year doesn't mean it's a clean slate -- the season starts in November!!!

I warned people about Q's defense before the season started. Everyone looked at Marbury's and Jamal's defense and forgot about Stiffy Long Stocking. I don't know why Isiah has not put this kid on the bench. Or just duck tape him in the locker room since he is a good locker room guy. Everyone on this team has been benched except Q.
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#18 » by slamvangundy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:29 am

Breen and Clyde tell it like it is.
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#19 » by Brownsville's Finest » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:30 am

Big C wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I warned people about Q's defense before the season started. Everyone looked at Marbury's and Jamal's defense and forgot about Stiffy Long Stocking. I don't know why Isiah has not put this kid on the bench. Or just duck tape him in the locker room since he is a good locker room guy. Everyone on this team has been benched except Q.
:rofl: :bowdown:
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#20 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:33 am

Big C wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Q led the revolt against Zach when he bytched about the ball needing to be moved around. When either of those two guys make a play, they don't even congratulate each other.

I like QRich because he is a competitor but man, get in shape and bring your A-game 'cause you are killing this team.

Return to New York Knicks