ImageImageImageImageImage

I feel bad for the kids

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

CrazyEyes
RealGM
And1: 1

I feel bad for the kids 

Post#1 » by CrazyEyes » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:01 am

I grew up in the glory years of the Knicks franchise. I got to experience the good times. If you're a kid today interested in sports the Knicks are not even on your radar. In fact you would be laughed at for being a Knick fan. That's the true tragedy of all this. When you get older and more cynical sports don't matter as much but when you're a kid you experience sports at such a deep personal level -- these guys are your heros. There's a whole generation of kids growing up today who will never get to experience that with the Knicks. That's a god damn shame.
KrAzY DeMoN
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#2 » by KrAzY DeMoN » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:03 am

Nets or league pass
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,520

Post#3 » by blueNorange » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:04 am

Kids shouldn't be allowed in Knick games, they keep cheering after Crawful does a crossover or Marbury hits a three pointer ... despite the Knicks being down by double digits.

Kids = Killing the flow of the 'FIRE ISIAH' chants.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#4 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 am

I agree to a certain extent -- I started watching the Knicks in 1980 and they were terrible. The saving grace was that they HUSTLED.

I think fans who come in during the "glory years" take it for granted and expect the team to remain that way... then bash too quickly.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#5 » by PrecociousNeoph » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:11 am

blueNorange wrote:Kids shouldn't be allowed in Knick games, they keep cheering after Crawful does a crossover or Marbury hits a three pointer ... despite the Knicks being down by double digits.

I think that kids shouldn't be allowed to Knicks games, but because making them watch the knicks should constitute child abuse.
“Bye, Felicia.”
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,570

Post#6 » by ctorres » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:16 am

StutterStep wrote:I think fans who come in during the "glory years" take it for granted and expect the team to remain that way... then bash too quickly.

:clap:
Vdizle
Senior
And1: 0

Post#7 » by Vdizle » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:16 am

blueNorange wrote:Kids shouldn't be allowed in Knick games, they keep cheering after Crawful does a crossover or Marbury hits a three pointer ... despite the Knicks being down by double digits.

:clap: from your mouth to his ears!
ITGM wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
The Only reason Donnie and Mike D took the job is because Stern promised them a top 2 pick. Stern Screwed them both...F U STERN!!!
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#8 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:28 am

StutterStep wrote:I agree to a certain extent -- I started watching the Knicks in 1980 and they were terrible. The saving grace was that they HUSTLED.

I think fans who come in during the "glory years" take it for granted and expect the team to remain that way... then bash too quickly.

I think that's true. Obviously no team can be winning all the time. Even San Antonio sucked balls at one point. But to some degree you can't blame them, because we never rebuilt. Management never stopped trying to winning as many games as possible. Instead they raised expectations by acquiring supposed all star level talent every season.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:40 am

Slimpack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think that's true. Obviously no team can be winning all the time. Even San Antonio sucked balls at one point. But to some degree you can't blame them, because we never rebuilt. Management never stopped trying to winning as many games as possible. Instead they raised expectations by acquiring supposed all star level talent every season.

I am more pissed about the Kids not getting playing time. I DO NOT get the point of playing QRich/Malik Rose/Fred Jones/Jeffries... True at some point one of those guys might do something, but come on already... Play the fkng young guys and just ask for all out hustle.
Frye-Fan-7
Rookie

Post#10 » by Frye-Fan-7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:13 am

Im lucky I was able to understand basketball back in 98-99 when i was 8 years old. Thats when I loved the knicks.. I few years later I couldve a Nets fan
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:19 am

Frye-Fan-7 wrote:Im lucky I was able to understand basketball back in 98-99 when i was 8 years old. Thats when I loved the knicks.. I few years later I couldve a Nets fan

Disgust
Frye-Fan-7
Rookie

Post#12 » by Frye-Fan-7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:23 am

king_k4life wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Disgust

why disgust? i was 8 years old the knicks were playing great and i loved watching them so ive been a knicks fan ever since
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#13 » by Slimpack » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:26 am

StutterStep wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I am more pissed about the Kids not getting playing time. I DO NOT get the point of playing QRich/Malik Rose/Fred Jones/Jeffries... True at some point one of those guys might do something, but come on already... Play the fkng young guys and just ask for all out hustle.

Even though he missed some shots here and there for the most part I liked what I saw from Chandler. If he can shoot around 35% from 3 I Think he should permanently replace brokeback q. Also I want to see what Randolph Morris can do. If he can be an even half decent shotblocker he should be seeing minutes because no one else on this team is.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,290

Post#14 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:33 am

yea im 20 years old so i began watchin the Knicks around the mid 90s and then every game in the late 90s. at least i got to see some good years growin up. I tailored my whole game and my jumpshot to be like Allan Houston. That man was a god to me. if any kid tailors their game like jamal crawford then they wont make it very far i can tell you that much.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#15 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:52 am

Agreed. But I don't mind Jones and JSlim getting some minutes. They actually put forth a defensive effort on most nights.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#16 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:33 am

TrueWarrior wrote:yea im 20 years old so i began watchin the Knicks around the mid 90s and then every game in the late 90s. at least i got to see some good years growin up. I tailored my whole game and my jumpshot to be like Allan Houston. That man was a god to me. if any kid tailors their game like jamal crawford then they wont make it very far i can tell you that much.

Now that's funny... but when I go to the park to run with the young boys I laugh at their game. In a simple game of 2 on 2 or 3 on3, we beat the average young dude. Where they get us late 30-year olds is when we run full-court.... oh I miss the days when I could run up and down the court without pause.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#17 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:39 am

mjhp911 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Agreed. But I don't mind Jones and JSlim getting some minutes. They actually put forth a defensive effort on most nights.

With so few true offensive weapons, I am amazed the coach hasn't put either

1) an up-tempo, raggedy offense that consists of constant defensive pressure
coupled with quick shooting and rebound in the half-court set for putbacks...

OR

2) a crawl game to minimize possessions a la JVG to at least make it seem like you are playing defense.

Instead he puts up an offense predicated on the dominance of Eddy Curry, or the streakyness of either Zach or Crawford...

pure comedy...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#18 » by TKF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:50 am

StutterStep wrote:I agree to a certain extent -- I started watching the Knicks in 1980 and they were terrible. The saving grace was that they HUSTLED.

LOL.. me too stutter. I started watching the knicks about that time also. went to my first knicks game in 1980 vs the sixers.. anyway, I remember the dark years, the years when we tried to recycle marvin webster, jammin james bailey, the years of louis orr.. LOL.. the Bernard king era was the best for me...

todays knicks is a damn joke, no fan should be suject and held hostage to this mess...
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by TKF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:52 am

Now that's funny... but when I go to the park to run with the young boys I laugh at their game. In a simple game of 2 on 2 or 3 on3, we beat the average young dude. Where they get us late 30-year olds is when we run full-court.... oh I miss the days when I could run up and down the court without pause.

yea, in a halfcourt game, me and my buddies, all in our 30's can beat just about any young kids in a 3 on 3. In a full court they can get us, but not on skill, but on stamina, and most of us are still in pretty good shape... Just not that kind of shape you know, most of us are busy earning a living.. LOL.....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by TKF » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:57 am

me too, you can see that chandler looked a little anxious out there, but still did some good things, and made things happen just with his athletic ability alone. the fast break and 1, the rebound in the lane and score off a miss, he showed a nice stroke on a jumper, I mean give the kids a chance. Isiah needs to realize that this season is done, he is not going to prod, curry, zach, marbury and this crew of veterans into playing like a team, I mean he is so damn stubborn it seems like he has lost his mind... Any sane basketball person would just come to a realization that this mess will never work.. it is almost like trying to get that oil and vinegar in that salad dressing bottle to stay together without shaking it up.. you know you shake it up, then it mixes together, but let it sit and it seperates again, so you shake it again, and come back and expect it to still be mixed.. I mean it borders insanity!!!

Return to New York Knicks