ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA 2K8 is seriously defective!

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

NBA 2K8 is seriously defective! 

Post#1 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:40 am

Talk about defective. The game had predicted the Knicks would make the playoffs just about every time I ran it, without trades. The game is seriously defective. I wonder if I can trade it in and get my money back.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
king_k4life
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#2 » by king_k4life » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:43 am

Cause the offense is supposed to be unstoppable like everyone assumed

We still suck ratings wise they thought it would be a Suns in 05 type thing
Frye-Fan-7
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#3 » by Frye-Fan-7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:26 am

Arent they the worst ranked team in the game?
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#4 » by realfung » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:07 am

Just simulation
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#5 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:30 pm

realfung wrote:Just simulation

I do run a sim season for the team. I did it multiple times, with trades turned on, and trades turned off. Knicks always made the playoffs.

Ok, maybe 2K8 is correct, but this ownership and management are seriously screwed.

Knicks woes make me not want to own another basketball game EVER.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
Howling Mad
General Manager
And1: 585

Post#6 » by Howling Mad » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:14 pm

Calm down Rich. Simulation on 2k games, and any sports games, doesn't include a good sim of chemistry.

This is the first year 2k actual had personality ratings for the players, which I think is a step in the right direction, but not even close.

One day they'll get it right.

When I do fantasy drafts its hard for me to think of players like Kobe, Randolph, J. O'Neal, Artest as anything but team cancers. But with this game you have to look past that.

For example when I try to emulate the Bulls dynasty teams, I have Kobe and Artest on the same team. The closest I can get to MJ and Pip. Do you really think those two would work in real life?

Probably not.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,685

Post#7 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 pm

BULL even PAX wrote:Calm down Rich. Simulation on 2k games, and any sports games, doesn't include a good sim of chemistry.

This is the first year 2k actual had personality ratings for the players, which I think is a step in the right direction, but not even close.

One day they'll get it right.

When I do fantasy drafts its hard for me to think of players like Kobe, Randolph, J. O'Neal, Artest as anything but team cancers. But with this game you have to look past that.

For example when I try to emulate the Bulls dynasty teams, I have Kobe and Artest on the same team. The closest I can get to MJ and Pip. Do you really think those two would work in real life?

Probably not.

I think they could work in real life. Both of them are warriors on the court. Probably not off the court, but inside the court, they'll tear it up.
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,685

Post#8 » by knicksNOTslick » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:08 pm

I traded Curry to the Bucks. He still sucked. I went up against him, he scored the first shot then disappeared the whole game. I also had a pretty easy time down low. Pretty much all my points were down there and it was the easiest game I ever played. Won by 40 thanks to Eddy. It really is accurate. 2k8 is not defective.

Return to New York Knicks