ImageImageImageImageImage

Sup Knick Fans

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

RshahNyC
Ballboy
And1: 2

Sup Knick Fans 

Post#1 » by RshahNyC » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:51 am

Been following this board for a couple years, just never took the time to register an account. I know how easily ideas are flamed but I was bored, and instead of watching the "knicks" lose to a Sacramento team missing Artest/Bibby/Martin (lol....) I came up with this.

Current Knick Roster Salary (Years Left)
Renaldo Balkman ($1,280,640) (2)
Wilson Chandler $1,091,640 (2)
Mardy Collins $967,320 (2)
Jamal Crawford $7,920,000 (4)
Eddy Curry $8,947,543 (3)
Jerome James $5,800,000 (2)
Jared Jeffries $5,632,200 (4)
Fred Jones $3,300,000 (1)
David Lee $990,600 (2)
Stephon Marbury $19,012,500 (2)
Randolph Morris $810,000 (1)
Zach Randolph $13,333,333 (4)
Quentin Richardson $8,105,500 (3)
Nate Robinson $1,268,160 (2)
Malik Rose $7,101,250 (2)

Trade 1
Trading Eddy Curry -
Eddy Curry, just last year showed his potential and played an all-star calibur season. However this season he's lacked the confidence, heart, defense, and ability to play with Zach Randolph. His psyche is clearly not built for New York. Thus we are trading him to Sacramento, where there is no pressure and no real inside presence. He's only 24-25 years old, and with Kevin Martin and the Kings he can flourish

New York Knicks trade - Eddy Curry, Renaldo Balkman, Fred Jones
New York Receives - Ron Artest, Spencer Hawes, Mikki Moore

Trade 2
Bringing Back Some Expiring Contracts -
Quentin Richardson, once known for his post play, and then for his 3-point shooting, is doing netiher of them with the Knicks. At this point he is becoming dead weight to our log jam at the swingman positions. He plays defense, and maybe a change of scenary helps. Obviously with the poor heat start, Riley is desperate to make a move.

New York Knicks trade - Quentin Richardson, 2nd Round Pick 2009
New York Receives - Jayson Williams

Trade 3
The Least Likely of Them All -
Keeping Kobe happy in the competitive west is going to be very hard, granted the Lakers came out with a good start but they still wouldn't be considered in the heavyweights that is the Spurs/Suns.
New York brings home a New Yorker, a multi talented player, and I know losing David Lee is tough to swallow but it's worth it.

New York Trades - David Lee, Jarrod Jeffries, Jamaal Crawford, Nate Robinson
New York Receives - Ronny Turiaf, Lamaar Odom, Vladamir Radmonovich

This leaves a young roster, with alot of contracts coming off in either 1 year or two.

Improved Knick Roster Salary (Years Left)
Wilson Chandler $1,091,640 (2)
Jerome James $5,800,000 (2)
Stephon Marbury $19,012,500 (2)
Randolph Morris $810,000 (1)
Zach Randolph $13,333,333 (4)
Malik Rose $7,101,250 (2)
Jason Williams $8,937,500 (1)
Ron Artest $7,400,000 (2)
Mikki Moore $5,356,000 (2)
Spencer Hawes $2,028,600 (2)
Lamar Odom $13,248,596 (2)
Vladimir Radmanovic $5,632,200 (4)
Ronny Turiaf $770,610 (1)

With this new lineup, only Zach Randolph and Vlad-Rad are signed for more than 2 years, and honestly, we can buy out Vlad-Rad if we wanted to.
In the first year we will have 11 million coming off the books, only person we'd resign is Ronny Turiaf.
In the second year we will have 61 million coming off the books, we'd resign Artest, Odom, maybe even Marbury

Not only would we be under the cap, but we'd be over 20 million under it, giving us a fair chance to resign a star and a bunch of quality defensive role players.

Point Guards - Jason Williams, Mardy Collins
Shooting Guards - Marbury, Ron Artest
Small Forwards - Ron Artest, Vlad Rad, Wilson Chandler
Power Forwards - Lamaar Odom, Ronny Turiaf, Malik Rose
Centers - Zach Randolph (In the east anything is possible), Hawes, Jerome James

edit - Add our own 1st round pick to this mess, we can get Jordan (center), Beasley (power forward), Mayo (pg/sg) or Derrick Rose (pg)

Not only do we have ridiculous expirings next year, but they can serve as good trade bait for teams wanting to get under the cap. We can pretty much say hello to Jermaine Oneal, Paul Gasol, and any other unhappy superstar in the world
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#2 » by mjhp911 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:55 am

Impressive first post, but be ready to put out the flames. No way Sacto or Miami do those deals. Deal 3 is actually more 'likely', relatively speaking.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#3 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:56 am

I like the scope of it all but I do not favor any trade that sends out our young (un)proven players to simply restart the process all over again --

Nate, Lee and Balkman stay -- plus, why are we giving up picks?

I am not sold on a roster of Odom, Artest and Marbury.... been there done that...
RshahNyC
Ballboy

Post#4 » by RshahNyC » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:59 am

mjhp911 wrote:Impressive first post, but be ready to put out the flames. No way Sacto or Miami do those deals. Deal 3 is actually more 'likely', relatively speaking.

yeah ready for the flames, but hey atleast I'm doing more than Isaiah

And I know trading our youngs doesn't seem like the greatest idea, but the ceiling on a David Lee isn't exactly something you build a team around. Plus not knocking him for trying to spark us, but he gets blocked so many times going for dunks it's ridiculous. I know we are last in blocks as a team, but I also would think we are near the bottom in getting blocked as well.

Edit - Plus for some reason I really like Turiaf

probably because he plays with passion and heart, which is ironic considering that was one of the biggest risks with him, his heart (medically speaking)
Jemini80
Banned User

Post#5 » by Jemini80 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:02 am

The Lakers are going to get Marion when Phx fails to win it all this year and they will trade Odom and a first rounder for him

then the Lakers will win the Championship with a big 3 of Kobe, Marion, and the finally established Bynum.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#6 » by realfung » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:05 am

Just trade all the players and see what you can get.......
Try to get one or two best players in game.....and develop the youth..

Currently, I think the Knicks can only keep Crawford and Lee.
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#7 » by Big C » Thu Jan 3, 2008 11:20 am

Welcome to the board. Right now I don't think the Knicks should do too many trades. The Knicks just need to build through the draft and only trade if we are getting draft picks back. Two more losing seasons and the Knicks could probably get to 2 number 1 draft picks.
RshahNyC
Ballboy

Post#8 » by RshahNyC » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:09 pm

realfung wrote:Just trade all the players and see what you can get.......
Try to get one or two best players in game.....and develop the youth..

Currently, I think the Knicks can only keep Crawford and Lee.

I think Crawford is too inconsistant anyways, and if we can trade him high, why not?

Lee is arguably the only peice worth keeping, and Zach Randolph, i know he chucks shots but he's a dominant and creative inside scorer, has a jumpshot and actually rebounds despite his lack of athleticism.

(More than you can say about Eddy)

Return to New York Knicks