ImageImageImageImageImage

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING.... RIGHT NOW

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

wwtsm
Banned User
And1: 0

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING.... RIGHT NOW 

Post#1 » by wwtsm » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:21 am

In half the amount of time that we all spend bitching and feeling down about the Knicks, we could be putting together a very effective protest. If we could get the attendance down to some ridiculous number or make the Knicks even more of a league eyesore than they already are, we can have an impact

The key is Dolan. He obviously doesnt care about winning, and believes that its more convinient to keep Isiah. We need something that makes him lose money while making the firing of IT seem to be a good financial decision.

This is the thread, once and for all. Everyone list your ideas, comment on others. We should revisit it in a few days and go to action.
O Poutsokleftis
Banned User

Post#2 » by O Poutsokleftis » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:59 am

I feel like its not even Isiah at this point...its the players. They have given up on the guy who has given them multiyear deals and they are showing how bad they are by the day.

They need to be sent home to rot.
wambam78
Senior

Post#3 » by wambam78 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:12 am

Giving up on your coach means the guys in the locker room do not play nor try for the coach.

When your whole team has given up on you and doenst listen to you, why should you stay coach of the team?

To me it seems like 3/4 of the players want isiah gone too. its not just fans and media

thats the saddfest thing. We have gotten blown out so many games at home to really bad teams and we arent even COMPETITIVE in these games yet isiah stays coach?
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,477

Post#4 » by GONYK » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:33 am

Unless you get everyone with Knicks tickets in NY to not show up, and then everyone with Cablevision to stop watching during Knick games, nothing anyone say will be worth a damn.

Staging a protest is pointless if you need to buy tickets first.
fimslim3
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#5 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:38 am

The Garden sells itself, also many companies are sponsors with the Knicks and give their employees tickets to the game. You also have to figure the amount of fans from the opposing teams that come in. You'll never see a drop in attendance for the Knicks.
LamboNYK
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#6 » by LamboNYK » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:57 am

fimslim3 wrote:The Garden sells itself, also many companies are sponsors with the Knicks and give their employees tickets to the game. You also have to figure the amount of fans from the opposing teams that come in. You'll never see a drop in attendance for the Knicks.

What we really need to do is figure out who the corporate season ticket holders are and try to get movements and boycotts against those companies and their products, making it clear that it is connected to their Knicks affiliation.

Advertisers who run ads at msg and at knicks games sjould also be boycotted, making msg less lucrative to do business with.

Also if anyone knows people who are in households that report stats for ratings, they need to stop watching games in large numbers, to make the game ads less valuable to dolan. Think about Imus and most scandals...once the sponsors pull their support and ad dollars, the house of cards comes down.

These ideas might sound far fetched, but with good organization and word of mouth, this is the type of stuff that will hurt dolan on his bottom feeding level. And thats the only way we make a difference.
realfung
Assistant Coach
And1: 44

Post#7 » by realfung » Thu Jan 3, 2008 10:58 am

The Garden is still selling is part of reason why Dolan is not making any move....
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,477

Post#8 » by GONYK » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:33 pm

LamboNYK wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

What we really need to do is figure out who the corporate season ticket holders are and try to get movements and boycotts against those companies and their products, making it clear that it is connected to their Knicks affiliation.

Advertisers who run ads at msg and at knicks games sjould also be boycotted, making msg less lucrative to do business with.

Also if anyone knows people who are in households that report stats for ratings, they need to stop watching games in large numbers, to make the game ads less valuable to dolan. Think about Imus and most scandals...once the sponsors pull their support and ad dollars, the house of cards comes down.

These ideas might sound far fetched, but with good organization and word of mouth, this is the type of stuff that will hurt dolan on his bottom feeding level. And thats the only way we make a difference.
Good luck with that
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#9 » by knicks742 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:24 pm

As pissed off as season ticketholders can be about this (I am one), I am telling you it is very difficult to give up the tickets. The way the system is set up, you get priority on upgrading seats based on seniority. I have had my tickets for 3 years and couldn't move down one section. If anyone thinks that I am giving up my chance to actually be in the section I want, they are dreaming. I would imagine it's the same for many others.

As far as corporate sponsors, a lot of these firms are not consumer firms like Shoprite or Walmart, they are institutional firms. These are the investment banks, audit firms, etc, that take their clients to these events as part of the recruiting or schmoozing effort, I know because I have used these tickets. Everyday people have no chance of influencing these firms because they don't offer their services to you.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#10 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:32 pm

Go to selltheknicks.com and get involved there. Mr. Orange is planning on a March protest.

The whole Dec.30th protest thing and that movement fell apart when the mother of the organizer passed away.

You are right constructive things should be done.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#11 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:05 pm

LamboNYK wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You think you are going to do a lot by boycotting E&Y, KPMG, Deloitte, and PwC? Not a chance. They wouldn't even notice you. They take clients out to games and these companies write it off as a business expense. Many of the sponsors are also everyday products people buy, a ton of companies will step in and take their place if they decide to end their ties with the Knicks.
BBall_Babe114
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by BBall_Babe114 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:41 pm

LamboNYK wrote:What we really need to do is figure out who the corporate season ticket holders are and try to get movements and boycotts against those companies and their products, making it clear that it is connected to their Knicks affiliation.

That's a great strategy, but that will never happen. Since sports has become so corporatized, the average joe consumer doesn't have alot of leverage, unless its in huge numbers. The VIPs and corporate season ticket holders aren't going anywhere as they pay well in advance. But what could spark change is when people stop showing up en masse (i.e. 3/4 section) and ratings take sharp declines. For some reason, people keep showing up and watching Knicks games :confused:
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#13 » by wwtsm » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:05 pm

I saw somebody suggest that we order like 2000 fire isiah stickers, and distribute them to 25 or 30 of us. And slowly but surely, the garden would become littered with them and it would be impossible not to notice.
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#14 » by fimslim3 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:13 pm

Littering the Garden with stickers would only increase MSG employment in operations to remove them.
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#15 » by wwtsm » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:24 pm

fimslim3 wrote:Littering the Garden with stickers would only increase MSG employment in operations to remove them.

Maybe it would be, it wouldnt be a good thing for MSG.
midtown
Veteran

Post#16 » by midtown » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:17 pm

Simply stop going to all games . Layden was fired because attendance was low.

Maybe some look into getting a hold of Spike Lee and see if he can help. Not sure he'd go there but ...its worth a try.

Embarrass Dolan
nynixlive
Sixth Man
And1: 38

Post#17 » by nynixlive » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:25 pm

O Poutsokleftis wrote:I feel like its not even Isiah at this point...its the players. They have given up on the guy who has given them multiyear deals and they are showing how bad they are by the day.

They need to be sent home to rot.

Although I agree, only 4 players fall under that:

Curry, Crawford, Jeffries, James.

Everyone else is either in a rookie contract or was given a contract by a different GM. And Luckily none of the 4 Isiah signed are under max contracts, and although they are playing awful, really James is the only one severely overpaid.

In the current NBA:
Curry-If he played like last year, he is paid fine
Crawford - if he can score 20 ppg and dish 5apg (which he is close to) he is paid fine
Jeffries - Midlevel, yes overpaid but, how much less would he have been paid when he was signed? 1mil per year, maybe.
James - WASTE OF MONEY!!!!

Now, i am not defending, just making points.
Jemini80
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#18 » by Jemini80 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 9:11 pm

i think we all need to watch Eddy and consult for ideas. WHERE THE **** IS WHOOPIE, that bitch needs to do SOMETHING.
wwtsm
Banned User

Post#19 » by wwtsm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:31 am

we really need to put something in action.

Return to New York Knicks