ImageImageImageImageImage

Firing Isiah is only half the battle

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Firing Isiah is only half the battle 

Post#1 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:25 pm

First of all it seems that Isiah will play out the season as coach/GM, which I now agree with. Dolan is making the right decision on this one, finally! Dolan should be looking for a new GM to take over as soon as the season is over. You dont want to bring him in now and make him start off with this poor excuse of a roster. Let him start in the summer and get rid of most of the players on this roster and bring in a coach of his liking for the type of players he is bringing in.

A NEW COACH AT THIS POINT WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. this roster cannot win!

plus let isiah roast in this mess he made for awhile. the season is already lost f-it let the fool suffer.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:32 pm

I half-agree.

No you fire Isiah now, not to win but to show players that this type of ineffectiveness is not accepted. It wasn't for Chaney, Lenny or Larry - should be the same for Isiah. Use one of the assistants as the interim.

You get a new GM now because it is time to start looking for this year and the next one's expiring. The GM we hire should be astute enough and have his pulse on the league that it is not like he needs a major learning curve to know what we have and what we can get for our bad contracts.

Summer time trades are usually centered around the draft and/or RFA's. Those are for teams looking to get that next bump up for next year's playoffs, those under or near the cap or those looking to exchange high picks for ready-made talent. We are neither of those.

We are in the position PHX and Toronto were when they traded us their bad contracts. Mid-season trades make sense.
HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#3 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:34 pm

i half -agree with u. Herb doesn't deserve to have to coach this mess. If anything it should be one of isiahs boys aguire. plus it doesnt matter what these players think...hopefully they wont be around for long.
Jord0111
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Jord0111 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:36 pm

You have to fire Isiah now. He is out of his mind and has no clue how to run or coach a team. He is atrocious. By firing him now, you can fie a new GM who can start to trade off this teams wastes by the trade deadkine and beyond.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#5 » by StutterStep » Thu Jan 3, 2008 1:38 pm

HarpStarkOakEw wrote:i half -agree with u. Herb doesn't deserve to have to coach this mess. If anything it should be one of isiahs boys aguire. plus it doesnt matter what these players think...hopefully they wont be around for long.

These moves I suggested are the young ones not the VETS. Those guys need to be dumped ASAP because they just do not care.

I would go with Hanners because he's been an X & O guy for very long plus he coached the young ones this past summer. Aguire or Herb is fine too... we just need movement.
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#6 » by richardhutnik » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:26 pm

HarpStarkOakEw wrote:i half -agree with u. Herb doesn't deserve to have to coach this mess. If anything it should be one of isiahs boys aguire. plus it doesnt matter what these players think...hopefully they wont be around for long.

"Deserve to have to coach this mess" doesn't fit the way the league works. Whenever you have a shot to talk on a full coaching spot, unless you are established as a winner, you do it. It is important for the resume. Herb would welcome the chance again. Things don't go well, well, he just points to his highlights (if any), and say the rest was just to do bad management.

Why do people think Grunwald took the position he did? In event Isiah goes, he has a shot at getting the GM spot here. Things break right, and it looks great for him. It doesn't, well then it is the owner. The league knows Dolan is an idiot, so it isn't a knock if things don't work out great.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,893

Post#7 » by Deeeez Knicks » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:50 pm

We really need a very good GM to get us out of this mess. Ideally the sooner we can get one the better. Its going to take awhile to clean up this mess so the sooner we can start the better. But we still need to do it patiently and form a plan. Not rush into things like some other GMs. It will be a long and ugly road if we want to do this right.

But for Dolan
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce

Return to New York Knicks