ImageImageImageImageImage

Getting Artest Now Would Ruin Our Chances At Derrick Rose

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Getting Artest Now Would Ruin Our Chances At Derrick Rose 

Post#1 » by OooSplendiforous » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:15 am

I'm praying Sactown doesn't do this deal, and hopefully Isiah gets put into a coma until the feb. deadline passes so he can't ruin this for us. If we got Rose and missed out on tons of players in the draft the next few years I'd still be happy because atleast we'd have a centerpiece to build around for 10+ years. I want Artest here more than anybody but this is just another bandaid move by Isiah that will once again sabatoge our franchise. JUST WAIT TILL THE DAMN SUMMER ZEKE HELL PROBABLY SIGN FOR THE MLE ANYWAY. WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THE #1 PICK AND ARTEST or ARTEST AND THE 13th PICK?! god damnit if Isiah does this I quit being a knick fan
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,477

Post#2 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:19 am

What deal? No one, including that article, said a deal was in the works or even being currently discussed.

You guys need to calm down and read before going into hysterics.
Icefire10304
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Icefire10304 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:21 am

I don't think we're getting Artest until at least the summer. He's injured at the moment so I think he can't be traded. With that being said, Artest would help this season and create a defensive attitude that this sucky team lacks.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#4 » by Boss_ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:19 am

I also dont want to make the trade (right now)..

Doesnt a player have to pass a physical when they get traded? Artest is injured right now, he wont pass any physicals until Feb..its possible the Kings *could* trade him a week or 2 before the deadline..

but..

they're a team thats gunning for the playoffs..if they are still in the thick of things come Feb they will probably keep artest. IF the Kings lose most of their games while he is injured and it becomes obvious they wont make the playoffs come trade deadline (which I seriously doubt), only if this condition is met along with Isiah giving up lee AND nate..will the Kings do the deal.

That said..us getting Artest..will probably not ruin our chances at a lottery pick. This team is still going to stink with Artest and get blown out. The players gave up on the coach. We lack shooters that can hit an open jumper reliably. We have no inside defensive presence to prevent points in the paint. Even with Artest our perimeter defense will still be bad with Marbury, Crawford, post me up Nate. Who the hell knows what is going on with the best point guard in the NBA Marbury at this point. No David Lee means more Curry+Randolph combo on the court playing at the same time and more minutes for Jeffries (bleh)..but the point is this team will still be bad, its gonna take much more than Artest to get this sunken ship off the bottom of the ocean...
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#5 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:26 am

Any trade for Artest now would probably mean that we give up our first round pick. So... that means no chance at Derrick Rose AT ALL.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,477

Post#6 » by GONYK » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:14 am

knicksNOTslick wrote:Any trade for Artest now would probably mean that we give up our first round pick. So... that means no chance at Derrick Rose AT ALL.
We will not give up any first rounder for Artest
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,496

Post#7 » by Ballings7 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:18 am

You guys probably won't get Artest unless it's a S/T from the Kings, and, that's fairly unlikely with the serious lack of assets and the kind the Kings are looking for.

Just don't get the hopes up too much.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to New York Knicks