ImageImageImageImageImage

The latest internal drama within the team (from Newsday)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,579

The latest internal drama within the team (from Newsday) 

Post#1 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:11 am

http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketbal ... 3812.story

Randolph had only five points and shot 2-for-5 against the Kings before he was ejected for throwing his headband on the court with 1:47 left in the third.

He also knocked over a water bottle that was sitting atop the scorer's table on his way to the locker room, meaning he finished with as many objects thrown on the floor as field goals made. Randolph wasn't on the practice floor when the media were permitted to enter Thursday. The official explanation from the team was that Randolph came down with "flu-like symptoms" during the practice and had to leave the gym.

Flu-like symptoms? I've heard that too many times. I doubt Zach actually had flu-like symptoms, there might be something else going on there. Anyone think that the Blazers' latest run has gotten to his head?

"We're a team that's gone from easily being able to score 100 points to some nights barely getting 75," Thomas said.

Exhibit A has been the pairing of Eddy Curry and Zach Randolph, which even Thomas now admits has been a failure.

The players, who are talking privately about how the addition of Randolph has ruined Curry's production and confidence and sidetracked the offense, see through Thomas' rambling. They know the pairing of Curry and Randolph doesn't work, which provides the real explanation for their tentative play.

I'm starting to get the feeling that though Randolph is the more productive and talented player of the two, the team would rather play with Curry over Randolph in large part because they seem to be more friends with Curry than with Randolph. Rather than blame Curry for his own struggles, they want to blame Randolph for getting in Curry's way?

"If your editor was going to take your pen and laptop out of your hand and your microphone out of your hand if you wrote uninspiring stories, you'd make sure every 't' was crossed and every 'i' was dotted," Malik Rose said. " . . . You would edit them, you would spell- check them, you would do a lot to make sure that it was right, instead of just writing from the heart, writing with what God gave you -- your talent, your ability, your creativity.

"And that's kind of what we're doing here: overthinking it instead of reacting."

What in the world was Malik Rose babbling about exactly?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#2 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:54 am

Malik is saying there's no accountability and that Isiah is letting players do their own thing, instead of demanding the best out of them. He's actually knocking the decision to start Curry as opposed to bringing him off the bench.

Randolph was not mad about the force-feeding of Curry. He was pissed at the stupid calls the REFS continued to make.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,857

Post#3 » by duetta » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:46 am

Zack needs to go. Once assumes that there is interest around the league for a 22 and 10 guy, and moving him solves several problems at this point. The only issue is whether Isiah has enough of a clue to bring back better fitting piece(s) - or will he instead attempt to yet again re-invent the wheel?
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#4 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:09 am

Zach does have to go but it has nothing to do with his game, unlike Stevie Francis. It has to do with the culture of this team, where the inner circle (boys from Chicago and those they're tight with) runs this mofo.

I can't believe Curry was only benched for one game and QRich is still starting...
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#5 » by Da_Mane_Man » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:15 am

StutterStep wrote:Malik is saying there's no accountability and that Isiah is letting players do their own thing, instead of demanding the best out of them. He's actually knocking the decision to start Curry as opposed to bringing him off the bench.

Randolph was not mad about the force-feeding of Curry. He was pissed at the stupid calls the REFS continued to make.

he's actually saying the exact opposite. he's saying that since isiah is benching people for not playing well, now they're trying to be too perfect and trying to do too much and pressing. he wants isiah to give the players freedom to just play using their natural talents.

i'd like to add that this is the dumbest thing i've ever read from a player. malik should be the last one talking about talent ... he has none! also, doesn't he realize that if you just let our players do whatever they want it's going to be disastrous? which one of those players like passing and playing a team game? :crazy: stop smoking malik.
Big C
RealGM
And1: 1

Re: The latest internal drama within the team (from Newsday) 

Post#6 » by Big C » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:55 am

ctorres wrote:http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix0104,0,633812.story

Randolph had only five points and shot 2-for-5 against the Kings before he was ejected for throwing his headband on the court with 1:47 left in the third.

He also knocked over a water bottle that was sitting atop the scorer's table on his way to the locker room, meaning he finished with as many objects thrown on the floor as field goals made. Randolph wasn't on the practice floor when the media were permitted to enter Thursday. The official explanation from the team was that Randolph came down with "flu-like symptoms" during the practice and had to leave the gym.

Flu-like symptoms? I've heard that too many times. I doubt Zach actually had flu-like symptoms, there might be something else going on there. Anyone think that the Blazers' latest run has gotten to his head?

Zach and Balkman were both said to have flu-like symptoms

Fresh off his ejection for throwing his headband, Zach Randolph left practice early with flu-like symptoms, as did Renaldo Balkman. Both made the trip to Texas.
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#7 » by Knick 4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:57 am

I said it once and I will say it again, for the Knicks to see a little success, Isiah has to destroy the friendship that exist between FatCurry, Crawful and QBrick. Those 3 are way too close for confort. Get rid of a couple of them and regain control of the locker room.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
capwolf
Bench Warmer
And1: 216

Post#8 » by capwolf » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:03 pm

StutterStep wrote:Malik is saying there's no accountability and that Isiah is letting players do their own thing, instead of demanding the best out of them. He's actually knocking the decision to start Curry as opposed to bringing him off the bench.

You're nuts...that's not what he's saying at all....He's saying they're playing tight, thats all, he just beat around the bush to say it. If you insinuate anything other than that, you are just making stuff up.
Madgrinch knows more about basketball than me......
F'ing sig bets smh.......
Knick 4ever
RealGM

Post#9 » by Knick 4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:17 pm

I like Malik a lot, but his presence is not needed in our locker room. Because of him, Isiah really can't control the other guys. He speaks the truth and that can be a problem.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#10 » by TKF » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:40 pm

Jets coach, eric mangini said, he wanted a team of high character players, because during advertisity, it is your good character that will see you through..l Although the jets finished 4-12, it was not because of lack of effort, they played hard every game, and could have easily won 5 more games, as the jets led 7 times I think going into half time of games.. they also came out and played well vs NE and played hard down to the last game of the season in which they won.. the jets lacked talent this year, that is why they lost... But they played hard and I was proud to watch them every week..

The knicks lack character, they quit, blame, point fingers, make excuses. When the tough gets going, the knicks get gone, they quit.. this is why we are in the mess we are in now.. and it starts from the top....
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#11 » by MrCheerios » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:55 pm

TKF wrote:Jets coach, eric mangini said, he wanted a team of high character players, because during advertisity, it is your good character that will see you through..

The knicks lack character, they quit, blame, point fingers, make excuses. When the tough gets going, the knicks get gone, they quit.. this is why we are in the mess we are in now.. and it starts from the top....

An organization's culture starts at the top. These players have no incentive to play hard under Dolan and Isiah. Even Malik Rose, fan favorite and model citizen in San Antonio, has resorted to finger pointing and excuses.

Meanwhile, San Antonio got Glenn Robinson and Michael Finley to play defense. Two coaches in Detriot kept Darko on the bench where he belonged. Isiah would pander to all of them.
Pchu
Lead Assistant
And1: 230

Post#12 » by Pchu » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:19 pm

TKF wrote:Jets coach, eric mangini said, he wanted a team of high character players, because during advertisity, it is your good character that will see you through..l Although the jets finished 4-12, it was not because of lack of effort, they played hard every game, and could have easily won 5 more games, as the jets led 7 times I think going into half time of games.. they also came out and played well vs NE and played hard down to the last game of the season in which they won.. the jets lacked talent this year, that is why they lost... But they played hard and I was proud to watch them every week..

I agree with that. There is no accountablity up top, and the players see that. So they quit, because they see the same thing with Isiah.

Look at the Spurs, Mano Ginobili was in and out of the starting lineup, but did he ever complain about that? Here is a player, an all star who probably could start for 29 other teams, but he never complain about his role.

Then you look at Marbury and Curry, they whine and cry about it because they know they can get away with it.

If there is an ounce of credibility and integrity left in Isiah, he should admit he did a bad job and quit.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,245

Post#13 » by BBALLER4FR » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:01 pm

StutterStep wrote: Zach does have to go but it has nothing to do with his game, unlike Stevie Francis. It has to do with the culture of this team, where the inner circle (boys from Chicago and those they're tight with) runs this mofo.

:clap: :clap: :clap:
THANK YOU!!!!!

StutterStep wrote:I can't believe Curry was only benched for one game and QRich is still starting...

Amazing ain't it? Meanwhile Balkman, Chandler, Nate and Morris can't get off the bench despite creating all the buzz for the 07/08 season by their play in summerleague. And yes, I understand that SL means nothing but the effort and chemistry these guys displayed is exponentially better than the current starters and when you add Lee and Fred Jones (2 guys who didn't play in SL), you've got an energetic, unselfish group of hardworkers who, with some direction, could lead the Knicks to the same record the current group of jackasses are on pace for.
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Post#14 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:57 pm

TKF wrote:

yeah buts its been going on for 3 years starting with brown and every attempt to hold anyone accountable has always been blown out of proportion .

Isiah tried to hold Marbury accountable and it became he was being scapegoated . He tried with Curry and he was more worried about his "status" then wins ,he tried with Randolph and all Randolph talked about was how he hadnt played his way out of the lineups and he didnt know how long he would accept coming off the bench.

When was the last time you heard anyone say all that matters is getting a win ? They have too many key players in full blown let me cover my arse mode .But it shouldnt really matter because in B-ball the contracts are guaranteed so all you have to do is go play .

Its not the losing thats disturbing its the underlining jealousy that seems to be permeating. I think Curry and Zach have a problem with coming off the bench behind Lee when they should be embracing that as a trio they could be tops in the league. The mentality of some of the players at this stage in their careers is disturbing.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Ballito
Starter
And1: 0

Post#15 » by Ballito » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:46 pm

:nod:

Return to New York Knicks