ImageImageImageImageImage

maliks comments in the wire tap....

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

doctor fite
Starter
And1: 0

maliks comments in the wire tap.... 

Post#1 » by doctor fite » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:32 am

true or not... he isnt exactly playing like he can make this team a championship contender either.

seems to me like he should shut his over paid trap unless he is capable of playing well enough to even warrant serious minutes in our rotation which he criticized.

just my humble opinion.
wwtsm
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#2 » by wwtsm » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:48 am

Nah, he can say whatever he wants. He's one of the only guys who cares and he knows Isiah is an idiot.
King of Canada
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,011

Post#3 » by King of Canada » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:55 am

Malik would be a better GM than Isiah.
BAF Pacers

F. Campazzo/ J. Clarkson/ K. Lewis Jr
D. Mitchell/ J. Richardson/S. Merrill
Luka/Melo
Zion/Gay/Gabriel
KAT/Kabengele

F. Mason, Jontay, J. Harris

RIP mags :beer:
gavran
RealGM
And1: 7,530

Post#4 » by gavran » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:09 am

King of Canada wrote:Malik would be a better GM than Isiah.

And better coach also.
dingclancy
Analyst
And1: 90

Post#5 » by dingclancy » Fri Jan 4, 2008 12:36 pm

Malik knows where he is coming from being in a championship team before.
Funny that Isiah has won two rings before and can't see the same thing.
hustlenflow
Analyst
And1: 18

Post#6 » by hustlenflow » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:22 pm

LMAO, i saw this and it gave me a good laugh.

I mean, how low can this circus show go?

We're not gonna win 20 games much less....A CHAMPIONSHIP??!! LOOL
CPThree wrote:OH I'M JERKING TO THIS DON'T EVEN CARE THAT MOMS IN THE SAME ROOM
-- On Lin's Game Winning 3 Against the Raps
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#7 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:22 pm

I'm with the Doctor on this one. I think Malik's comments were uncalled for. My first thoughts reading what he wrote was that he was indirectly asking for a trade.

First - everyone knows it's true, that this team right now isn't wining a title.

Second, Isiah didn't necessarily mean this season when he said title, he meant with his core group of guys (plus next years lotto pick and whoever he can sign for the MLE) and maybe trade for artest. (At least, that's how I took what he meant)

Third, what Isiah said was dumb, and everyone knows that what he said was dumb - the least his players can do is not rehash one of the dumber things Isiah has said.

bottom line for me - Malik - , gag Order, and Pronto!!

You're the 2nd biggest scrub on this team next to Jerome (though, Effries and Q-Bitch are close) - I don't care what you have to say unless it supports the team. You already asked to be benched, now you're saying this. Reporters (if you are listening), don't even talk to Malik, cause - I don't care what he thinks.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 51,164

Post#8 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:45 pm

A reporter probably asked him about Isiah's comments. What's he going to say, that the Knicks are ready to win a championship?

At least he's not dilusional. I can respect the man for being honest rather then spewing the constant stream of BS or giving the proper MSG approved answer.

Malik can still play too. People just have to understand what he brings. He's gonna bring craftyness, defense, hustle and toughness.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
dadanyk
Analyst
And1: 72

Post#9 » by dadanyk » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:48 pm

malik is the only player on this knick bench along with the zeke that have a championship ring(s).... he's the vet & the vocal leader for this club.... he knows what it has to take to win a championship in this league and players have to work for it and be consistant... all he was doing was just stating what champs have & the knicks don't have.... he doesn't have to be a superstar to say those things it's just the straight truth and we as fans should know what this team lacks.... let him put it out there and see how this team responds tonight...

so malik has every right to call his team out and let them know what it takes to win.... he has the hardware to backup his statement... you can't dawg him out because he speaking the truth..

basketball is is not only a physical its also mental and lets see how the team comes out to play after hearing this.....
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#10 » by rrosario35 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:26 pm

dadanyk wrote:malik is the only player on this knick bench along with the zeke that have a championship ring(s).... he's the vet & the vocal leader for this club.... he knows what it has to take to win a championship in this league and players have to work for it and be consistant... all he was doing was just stating what champs have & the knicks don't have.... he doesn't have to be a superstar to say those things it's just the straight truth and we as fans should know what this team lacks.... let him put it out there and see how this team responds tonight...

so malik has every right to call his team out and let them know what it takes to win.... he has the hardware to backup his statement... you can't dawg him out because he speaking the truth..

basketball is is not only a physical its also mental and lets see how the team comes out to play after hearing this.....

Doesnt Aguirre have rings from Detroit?
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Post#11 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:29 pm

The twist of words continues .I could swear that when Isiah mentioned championship he said that there may be maybe one or two guys from the current squad on it. He did not say the current team is gonna win a title .
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
Knick 4ever
RealGM
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Knick 4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:32 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:The twist of words continues .I could swear that when Isiah mentioned championship he said that there may be maybe on or two guys from the current squad on it. He did not say the current team is gonna win a title .

You are right. That is exactly what Isiah said.
VISIT: www.ltravelsite.com for some excellent travel deals and a lot more. Simply click the (Cruises) tab, scroll down to (Great Travel Deals); click (Last Minute Getaways), under Browse by Budget, click (Under $250.00 Deals).
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#13 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:42 pm

"I believe that one day we will win a championship here," Thomas said. "And I believe a couple of these guys will be a part of that. And I believe I'll be a part of that."

Is that really any better?? Isiah is a clown. Just stop trying to defend Isiah. He has no buisness even talking about a championship when he cant even build a playoff team. Just watching the types of players he brings in year after year tells me he has no clue.
Mavs
chitownsports4ever
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,959

Post#14 » by chitownsports4ever » Fri Jan 4, 2008 2:56 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:
"I believe that one day we will win a championship here," Thomas said. "And I believe a couple of these guys will be a part of that. And I believe I'll be a part of that."

Is that really any better?? Isiah is a clown. Just stop trying to defend Isiah. He has no business even talking about a championship when he cant even build a playoff team. Just watching the types of players he brings in year after year tells me he has no clue.

Yes it is if the truth actually matters to you ? I love how you say stop defending him roflmao when you are ripping him over something he didnt even say . Every coaches or gm's goal is to ultimately compete and win a title where they are at .It should be a non issue but some of you love the drama a bit too much.
Got a Gold Name Plate that says "I wish you would"
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Post#15 » by PrecociousNeoph » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:23 pm

bottom line: he's right
“Bye, Felicia.”
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#16 » by Deeeez Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:29 pm

chitownsports4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yes it is if the truth actually matters to you ? I love how you say stop defending him roflmao when you are ripping him over something he didnt even say . Every coaches or gm's goal is to ultimately compete and win a title where they are at .It should be a non issue but some of you love the drama a bit too much.

If you dont find something comical and disturbing about Isiah's comments then I dont know what to say man. Its clear that Isiah is either dilusional or just talking out of his azz. Do you actually think the stuff below can happen with Isiah at the helm?

And I think its a problem because the Knicks seem to come into every year thinking they are all that and that there sht doesnt stink. They need more wakeup calls like Malik's comments and not daydreams about championships. They just dont seem hungry and i'm not talking about the pies and cakes type of hungry.

"I don't necessarily just want to win a championship. I want to leave something that's going to stand for a long time. I want to leave a legacy, I want to leave tradition," Thomas said. "I want to leave an imprint, a blueprint in terms of how people play, and how they coach and how they respond when they put on the Knick uniform.

"And I want to leave what I left in Detroit. Every person that walks through that door as a Piston, when they put on that uniform, there's a certain pride that they carry. And I want to put that here and I want to leave that here in New York. I want to leave a championship legacy."
Mavs
knicksNOTslick
RealGM
And1: 4,697

Post#17 » by knicksNOTslick » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:30 pm

The Spurs win rings with or without Malik. Give me a break. He might've gotten a ring but why did the Spurs trade his ass in the first place if he was so good? He's only a small part of the Spurs success. Let's get Fabricio Oberto as well, he also has a ring. Or better yet, Antoine Walker! He has a ring too. Having a ring doesn't mean sht if you're a scrub riding on a Superstar's team to get there. If you're talking about the World Champion Spurs, do you talk about Malik Rose? No.

This guy's not a good veteran for our team. I'm not saying Isiah's a good coach for our team, he's far from it. He's far from a good GM either. But to call Malik a good veteran is just stupid. The guy doesn't know his role and he tries to do too much.

Look at the old veterans that we've had in the past. And look at Malik Rose. NO COMPARISON.

Get this guy out of here.
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#18 » by Pedro Pistolas » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:40 pm

Some of these posters are just pure idiots. The damn reporter asked him a question , Malik answered honestly. What you expect him to say? You expecet him to agree with IT on this ? If you do then you're more of a idiot than Dopelan
Luv those Knicks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,429

Post#19 » by Luv those Knicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:56 pm

Brad Lohaus wrote:A reporter probably asked him about Isiah's comments. What's he going to say, that the Knicks are ready to win a championship?

At least he's not dilusional. I can respect the man for being honest rather then spewing the constant stream of BS or giving the proper MSG approved answer.

Malik can still play too. People just have to understand what he brings. He's gonna bring craftyness, defense, hustle and toughness.

That's a fair point. If a reporter asks a player a question and he answers it honestly, I can't fault the guy for that.
Now it's all about the off-season for my Knicks. (and rooting for Boston to crush Indiana).
truth serum
Banned User
And1: 35

Post#20 » by truth serum » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:18 pm

First off....this was suppossed to be "our year"....and no Isiah says that he believes we'll win a chip and that a "couple" of these guys will be a part of it.....HAAAAA!! Out of all 15 guys he brought in here over the past 4 years....huge money he's paid them and valuable pieces he's given up for them and only a couple of them will be here when we finally win a championship?!?!? Jesus, that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

How any of you are backing him up on this is beyond me. On top of that....most of us spend our time on this board bashing the sh** out of this team and Isiah and rightfully so. But it seems like some of you are too proud to want to hear someone like Malik do the same. Malik knows he isn't a star player...although he sometimes calls for the ball like he is....but he know's much more about the game then probably anyone on this team including Isiah apparently. (It's hard to believe Isiah has ever won anything) But now we're gonna bash Malik and tell him to shut up because he's speaking the truth? I thought that was Dolan's job. It's like some of you in this thread are trying to blame Malik for us being a bad team just because he's the only guy no feeding the reporters and us fans typical Knick BS.

Malik- "No, we're not going to win a championship contrary to what Isiah would like you to believe because he's done a terrible job assembling this team"

Real GM- "Shut up Malik. You're old, can't dunk anymore, and even though you're only 1 of 15 players on this team and probably the 10th guy off the bench, you aren't putting up 37 and 18 so you have no right to ever say a single bad thing about our team. Go Knicks!"

Return to New York Knicks