ImageImageImageImageImage

Problems from last year are still prevalent

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Problems from last year are still prevalent 

Post#1 » by GuyverADL » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:57 pm

The problem with this team is the malcontents are our best players and the guys with leadership ability suck.

Marbury and Randolph are our two best players without question. These two knuckle heads DO NOT make the TEAM better. They both talk a good game about trying to win and playing team ball. However when they get on the floor it all about them.

Next you have Crawford, Rose, and Richardson who talk alot but dont produce. Crawford is STILL a chucker and needs to be coming off the bench. Rose and Richardson always commenting on the state of the team and they are the main part of why we suck because they give us negative production. Richardson mans lights him up and he cant score to save his life.

Last year we knew we needed shooters and better production from the SF and SG position. This year we have even less production from those positions.

This is why I blame GM Thomas for putting together these knuckleheads.

If Thomas had stuck with last years formula of feeding Curry and putting competent players around him we would be better off.

At this point I feel Randolph needs to be jettisoned and we go back to our strategy from last year of force feeding Curry. We dont have the personnel (PG) to run an offense this year. Worse case we build up Curry's trade value to make moves in the summer.

I'd do Randolph, Collins, and Morris for Ricky Davis, Parker,Mourning(Waive him), and Cook. I wouldnt even ask for picks.

I'd play this lineup for 30 minutes a night:
Curry
Lee
Davis
Cook
Crawford

At least we would have some shooters on the floor to keep teams honest. If Davis works out we resign him in the summer. If not we let him walk.

Return to New York Knicks