ImageImageImageImageImage

Randolph is the problem

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

general
Rookie
And1: 11

Randolph is the problem 

Post#1 » by general » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:56 pm

Zach came here and messed everything up,Players are confused now it looks to me.If we had are Roster from last year minus Steve francis we would be in the playoffs right now zach is a selfish player which is why the Blazers jumped to trade him now look at them.It would be Eddy and jamal and Lee as our main offense and everyone else would be role players but Randolph has thrown a monkey wrench in since we've gotton him Awful TRADE.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#2 » by blueNorange » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:57 pm

:laugh:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#3 » by nyk2423 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:59 pm

NO,he is one of the MANY problems
rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Post#4 » by rrosario35 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:09 pm

I can see why you would think so considering the way we finished last year...

This was a very surprising trade on draft night; no one expected this; it wasn't even a rumor it just happened. it was exciting & everyone said all the right things but it hasn't worked out well imo
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 128,441

Post#5 » by god shammgod » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:19 pm

he's not the only problem but he's a big one. we really need to move him, he's just too selfish to be on this team. maybe a team with a strong team-oriented structure where he'd be forced to conform but on this team he doesn't fit.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,579

Post#6 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:23 pm

Curry is the problem

Eddy came here and messed everything up,Players are confused now it looks to me.If we had are Roster from three years ago we would be in the playoffs right now each is a selfish player which is why the Bulls jumped to trade him now look at them.It would be Marbury and jamal and Lee as our main offense and everyone else would be role players but Curry has thrown a monkey wrench in since we've gotton him Awful TRADE.
Huey Freeman
General Manager
And1: 878

Post#7 » by Huey Freeman » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:30 pm

This team went to hell as soon as we let Tim Thomas go. True story.
Revolution starts in the mind...
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,746

Post#8 » by Synciere » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:33 pm

HA! Ain't got nothing to do with ZBo. He wasn't here for 23 wins. Nor 33. It's the culture. It's the franchise player. Team stinks this bad, time to start trading superstars and "franchise players." Only one, maybe two of those in NY...

Really, the problem is our identity or lack thereof. then it's the coaching. Then defense in general. Help, weakside, pick and roll, you name it, we suck at it... And that's all on the coach...
Starksfor3
RealGM
And1: 902

Post#9 » by Starksfor3 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:39 pm

I blame Scott Brooks.
FKF
RealGM
And1: 930

Post#10 » by FKF » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:57 pm

Synciere wrote:HA! Ain't got nothing to do with ZBo. He wasn't here for 23 wins. Nor 33. It's the culture. It's the franchise player. Team stinks this bad, time to start trading superstars and "franchise players." Only one, maybe two of those in NY...

Really, the problem is our identity or lack thereof. then it's the coaching. Then defense in general. Help, weakside, pick and roll, you name it, we suck at it... And that's all on the coach...

true, the culture is the problem, but as good as Zach is, he should be able to change some of that culture

true, he never showed in the past he was a leader in Portland, but the reason he's here is because Portland was willing to take on Steve Francis. This was a lateral move by Isiah and a gamble, now we know it's not working, and we have to move Zach and find a better leader at this 4 spot (Ben Wallace maybe?) or maybe find a real starter at the 3 who can defend and shoot.

Right now, the Knicks need to showcase Zach and get his numbers high enough so we can get some value in return. Teams like the Lakers, Heat, Bulls, could take him.
New-York Knicks fan since 1998, based in Paris, FR.
dadanyk
Analyst
And1: 72

Post#11 » by dadanyk » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:08 pm

this team messed up when they traded away ewing nuff said!!!!!!!
DaGoodz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#12 » by DaGoodz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:08 pm

I would say Curry is the problem before Zach, our teams win percentage since Curry joined the team speaks for itself
Synciere
General Manager
And1: 4,746

Post#13 » by Synciere » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:17 pm

FKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

true, the culture is the problem, but as good as Zach is, he should be able to change some of that culture

true, he never showed in the past he was a leader in Portland, but the reason he's here is because Portland was willing to take on Steve Francis. This was a lateral move by Isiah and a gamble, now we know it's not working, and we have to move Zach and find a better leader at this 4 spot (Ben Wallace maybe?) or maybe find a real starter at the 3 who can defend and shoot.

Right now, the Knicks need to showcase Zach and get his numbers high enough so we can get some value in return. Teams like the Lakers, Heat, Bulls, could take him.

I disagree. I think it makes more sense to move Curry and replace his scoring with ZBo at the 4, and have that defensive player at the 5 to go up against the Ilgauskus and DHowards than it is to leave Curry with his scoring but horrendous defense at the five and replace ZBo, who'd we have to take less back for than we even gave up for him. I think leaving ZBO and placing an Artest at the 3, and an Elson, or Pryzbilla at the 5 is the way to go.
Boss_
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 233

Post#14 » by Boss_ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:18 pm

Only reason I like Randolph is because at least the guy TRIES to win and its obvious he hates losing. The guy tries. Even when he misses a free throw you can see him cursing our slapping his hands. Curry on the other hand..you need to call out plays for him because he wont shoot the ball much. You need to force feed him. You see him laughing it up all the time when the Knicks are getting blown out on tv. Shows no emotions on missed free throws or turnovers. Dead weight. Been in the league for so many years he still runs over people because he hasn't developed many low post moves for the charge. This guy is a loser. Randolph is head and shoulders a better rebounder, more low post moves, better ft shooter and can shoot a jump shot. What can Curry do besides bowl over people or shoot baby hooks in the paint? People forget that the only reason Curry had a decent season last year was because Isiah had to spoon feed him otherwise he becomes as useful as a towel boy if he isn't scoring.

Randolph sorta gives me Larry Johnson flashbacks probably another reason I like him =[ ..
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,579

Post#15 » by ctorres » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:19 pm

I think leaving ZBO and placing an Artest at the 3, and an Elson, or Pryzbilla at the 5 is the way to go.
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 30,619

Post#16 » by Fat Kat » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:32 pm

The Boss of Bosses wrote:Only reason I like Randolph is because at least the guy TRIES to win and its obvious he hates losing. The guy tries. Even when he misses a free throw you can see him cursing our slapping his hands. Curry on the other hand..you need to call out plays for him because he wont shoot the ball much. You need to force feed him. You see him laughing it up all the time when the Knicks are getting blown out on tv. Shows no emotions on missed free throws or turnovers. Dead weight. Been in the league for so many years he still runs over people because he hasn't developed many low post moves for the charge. This guy is a loser. Randolph is head and shoulders a better rebounder, more low post moves, better ft shooter. People forget that the only reason Curry had a decent season last year was because Isiah had to spoon feed him otherwise he becomes as useful as a towel boy if he isn't scoring.

Randolph sorta gives me Larry Johnson flashbacks probably another reason I like him =[ ..

I agree. While Zach is inadequate, he's better than Curry in every aspect of the game including defense. :o
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#17 » by mjhp911 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:44 pm

ctorres wrote:Curry is the problem

Eddy came here and messed everything up,Players are confused now it looks to me.If we had are Roster from three years ago we would be in the playoffs right now each is a selfish player which is why the Bulls jumped to trade him now look at them.It would be Marbury and jamal and Lee as our main offense and everyone else would be role players but Curry has thrown a monkey wrench in since we've gotton him Awful TRADE.

The Boss of Bosses wrote:Only reason I like Randolph is because at least the guy TRIES to win and its obvious he hates losing. The guy tries. Even when he misses a free throw you can see him cursing our slapping his hands. Curry on the other hand..you need to call out plays for him because he wont shoot the ball much. You need to force feed him. You see him laughing it up all the time when the Knicks are getting blown out on tv. Shows no emotions on missed free throws or turnovers. Dead weight. Been in the league for so many years he still runs over people because he hasn't developed many low post moves for the charge. This guy is a loser. Randolph is head and shoulders a better rebounder, more low post moves, better ft shooter and can shoot a jump shot. What can Curry do besides bowl over people or shoot baby hooks in the paint? People forget that the only reason Curry had a decent season last year was because Isiah had to spoon feed him otherwise he becomes as useful as a towel boy if he isn't scoring...

:nod:
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#18 » by StutterStep » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:47 pm

FKF wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Zach tried to change the culture. Recall the early games this season when he was taking the big shots and trying to make this his team.

He goes away a few games for his grandmother's funeral and comes back to turmoil. The dude flew back&forth across the country to play those "meaningful" game to make sure the team didn't sink into the abyss.

But what did he keep hearing? black hole? selfish? no defense? Teammates were even questioning their fit with him, as they themselves produced ZERO!!

Then came Isiah's politics of benching Zach even though Curry & QRich were the problem!
Spykes
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16

Post#19 » by Spykes » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:52 pm

FKF wrote:Right now, the Knicks need to showcase Zach and get his numbers high enough so we can get some value in return. Teams like the Lakers, Heat, Bulls, could take him.

Zach was coming off a career year when Portland moved him to NY, and all they were able to get was Francis and Frye. No matter how well he plays, you guys won't be able to get much value for him.

That said, to pin point all of the Knicks problems on Zach is completely wrong. He's probably not helping things at all, but there's nothing to say that the Knicks would be a playoff team without him.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#20 » by moocow007 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:54 pm

Huey Freeman wrote:This team went to hell as soon as we let Tim Thomas go. True story.

Honestly though, the last time the Knicks were considered to be a team that could actually win a playoff series much less even make it to the playoffs was when Tim Thomas was here. He was being called the big 'X' factor when the Knicks took on the Nets because he had his best games against Jersey but Jason Collins took him out early on with a cheap shot (one that many here thought was deliberate and intentional). How ironically funny is that? Tiny Tim was the last Knick threat (from a positie POV).

Return to New York Knicks