ImageImageImageImageImage

Do teams come out to abuse the Knicks on thier Agenda?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

rrosario35
Sixth Man
And1: 92

Do teams come out to abuse the Knicks on thier Agenda? 

Post#1 » by rrosario35 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:21 pm

I can imagine coaches like Greg Popovich, George Karl, and other enemies of Isiah have personal animosity towards IT & the Knicks considering what happened with LB and well various others.

I'm sure some of his old school rivals who are high profile employees of other teams (MJ in Charlotte) would not budge when it comes to making a deal with NY as long as Thomas is in control and they'd make the same deal without hesitation if there were a different GM in place...

I can imagine a group of guys like San Antonio, Denver, Miami, Sacramento talk about it in the locker room before the game

"Guys lets roll over this team, they ain't ****; besides who hasn't always wanted to beat the Knicks? This is our chance, so lets go out there and give it to them!"
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#2 » by ComeOnKnicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:23 pm

I think if a decent team plays a decent game they blow us out as things are at the moment, I don't think they need to be particular motivated or step up to beat us big. Look at the team who's been beating us by double digits recently.
ComeOnKnicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Re: Do teams come out to abuse the Knicks on thier Agenda? 

Post#3 » by ComeOnKnicks » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:24 pm

rrosario35 wrote: This is our chance, so lets go out there and give it to them!"

They've had plenty chances for quite a few years now. :(
HarpStarkOakEw
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#4 » by HarpStarkOakEw » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:27 pm

i dont think the knicks are even mentioned in their game prep....its probably like just make sure u dont hurt yourselves....(isnt that what they say at the all star game)?
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#5 » by Bill Bradley » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:27 pm

I think lots of GMs would like to trade with Isiah given that there is a good chance they will get the better end of the deal.
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Post#6 » by livintoolive » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:28 pm

I don't think it's a team decision anymore. I think when the Knicks started sucking, the coaches used it to encourage the team. However, what coach in their right mind (of a resepctable team) can now say "it's the Knicks, let's destroy them"?

However, I think the players still think about it. They KNOW that highlights for this game will be all over ESPN and that they will gain significant publicity if (when) they have a career night against the Knicks. I think that's the primary reason that scrubs are so prone to have career nights against the Knicks.

Return to New York Knicks