ImageImageImageImageImage

two realistic trades that will fix the knicks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85

ddb
RealGM
And1: 11,713

two realistic trades that will fix the knicks 

Post#1 » by ddb » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:24 pm

Has Isiah officially entered Brittney Spears territory? And which planet are these two from?

Seriously, though...Two Trades that would turn the Knicks around.....

1) Curry, Crawford, Collins to the Heat for Shaq and D. Cook.

2) Lee, Jeffries, N. Robinson for R. Artest and maybe a throw in

A) Shaq and Artest in New York City would be a HUGE hit! Merchandise, ticket sales, and marketing efforts will all boom through the roof. I also think that both Shaq and Ron-Ron would be rejuvenated playing in New York. Especially, Shaq.

B) I'm Sorry, but Nate Robinson, David Lee, Jamaal Crawford...These are guys that Knick fans overrate. If they have value around the league then let them go. It's obviously not working right now with the roster as it is.

C) You're keeping your three amigos together (Dolan, Isiah, Marbury). It's evident that these three will not be split. So you're cool from that end.

D) You simplyfy a crowded roster which sometimes works. Look at Boston. Cutting your roster down to 8-10 guys is usually a good thing because players understand their roles better.

C. Shaq- rejuvenated and ready to contribute 17 and 9 per game
PF. Randolph- Less pressure playing alongside Shaq
SF. Artest - Gives you attitude and grit.Tough Defender who scores
SG. Richardson- thrives in this line-up. able to stretch defenses with outside shooting
PG. Marbury- happy to finally have a team around him. X factor.

Bench:

J. James- big body to back up Diesal. Minutes could go to Morris.
R. Balkman- Poor mans Artest. Learns from Ron Ron
M. Rose- good player on good teams (san antonio). nice role guy
D. Cook- young building piece. Athletic player with upside
F. Jones- decent back-up. Not a natural PG, but either is Eddie House
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#2 » by rpa » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:26 pm

The Kings aren't touching Jeffries contract with a 50 foot pole. It's easily 1 of the worst in the league and including him in any deal for Artest immediately makes the deal unrealistic.
ddb
RealGM

Post#3 » by ddb » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:29 pm

well then work around it. I think Sac-town thinks hard about it if you offer both Lee and Robinson. I don't know what your draft-pick situation is but maybe you throw in a draft pick too.

By the way...I'll be at the Spurs/Knicks game tonight. Work for the Spurs. Can't wait to see New York get demolished
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 15,065

Post#4 » by KnicksGadfly » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:30 pm

I HAVE A REALLY BIG PROBLEM WITH C.
ddb
RealGM

Post#5 » by ddb » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:33 pm

me too... but it's obvious at this point that they won't be broken up. Might as well build around those knuckleheads and do the best you can do.
PrecociousNeoph
Head Coach
And1: 377

Re: two realistic trades that will fix the knicks 

Post#6 » by PrecociousNeoph » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:44 pm

ddb wrote:Has Isiah officially entered Brittney Spears territory? And which planet are these two from?

A) Shaq and Artest in New York City would be a HUGE hit! Merchandise, ticket sales, and marketing efforts will all boom through the roof. I also think that both Shaq and Ron-Ron would be rejuvenated playing in New York. Especially, Shaq.

B) I'm Sorry, but Nate Robinson, David Lee, Jamaal Crawford...These are guys that Knick fans overrate. If they have value around the league then let them go. It's obviously not working right now with the roster as it is.

C) You're keeping your three amigos together (Dolan, Isiah, Marbury). It's evident that these three will not be split. So you're cool from that end.

D) You simplyfy a crowded roster which sometimes works. Look at Boston. Cutting your roster down to 8-10 guys is usually a good thing because players understand their roles better.

SG. Richardson- thrives in this line-up. able to stretch defenses with outside shooting

Bench:

lol.
“Bye, Felicia.”
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Re: two realistic trades that will fix the knicks 

Post#7 » by nyk2423 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:55 pm

ddb wrote:Has Isiah officially entered Brittney Spears territory? And which planet are these two from?

Bench:

Huh??? :noway:
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,463

Post#8 » by rpa » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:02 am

ddb wrote:well then work around it. I think Sac-town thinks hard about it if you offer both Lee and Robinson. I don't know what your draft-pick situation is but maybe you throw in a draft pick too.

By the way...I'll be at the Spurs/Knicks game tonight. Work for the Spurs. Can't wait to see New York get demolished

1st off the Kings don't think hard about it. They end up paying Artest plus some $20mil in salary for Lee & Robinson--that is, they pay the cost of Jeffries ($20mil over the next 3 years) AND Artest to acquire those 2. That alone is beyond comical.

2nd are you inferring the Kings should be adding a draft pick too?

Return to New York Knicks