ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks - Knicks rumors (2)

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Bucks - Knicks rumors (2) 

Post#1 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:44 pm

http://my.journaltimes.com/post/woelfel ... m_cut.html

It’s almost a foregone conclusion that either Michael Redd or Mo Williams will be jettisoned to another zip code this summer.

Redd has piqued the curiosity of a bunch of teams, including the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Clippers. But Redd has two guaranteed years left on his contract for $33 million, plus a player’s option for another $18.3 million.

I’m hearing Knicks president Donnie Walsh will likely interview former Bucks GM Larry Harris for a front office position after the draft.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Re: Bucks - Knicks rumors (2) 

Post#2 » by VinnyTheMick » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:47 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:
I’m hearing Knicks president Donnie Walsh will likely interview former Bucks GM Larry Harris for a front office position after the draft.

Oh god no! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
drj
Analyst
And1: 71

Post#3 » by drj » Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:57 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:
Tommy Udo 6 wrote:

Oh god no! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Agreed.
Guys it is crucial to us that Larry Harris and Isiah Thomas be in front office positions elsewhere.
Otherwise who will take Zach???
hatnlvr
General Manager
And1: 1,117

Post#4 » by hatnlvr » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:05 pm

LOL! You better hope Walsh and D'Antoni have a plan to get rid of Zach! That is going to be an extremely difficult task. After last season he pretty much strengthened the MO that he is a cancer!!!
ImageImage
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#5 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:06 pm

This is now on Hoopshype. That doesnt mean it's true - but it is being spread now.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#6 » by VinnyTheMick » Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:08 pm

We don't need a GM that makes decisions based on what his father tells him. We need a GM who makes his own moves & only makes them after clearly looking at all possible outcomes.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#7 » by TKF » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:04 pm

VinnyTheMick wrote:We don't need a GM that makes decisions based on what his father tells him. We need a GM who makes his own moves & only makes them after clearly looking at all possible outcomes.

Yea, I am not excited about harris, and definately don't want any parts of redd and his contract.....
TinyLinny
Senior
And1: 4

Post#8 » by TinyLinny » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:11 pm

TKF wrote:
VinnyTheMick wrote:We don't need a GM that makes decisions based on what his father tells him. We need a GM who makes his own moves & only makes them after clearly looking at all possible outcomes.

Yea, I am not excited about harris, and definately don't want any parts of redd and his contract.....

Agreed. Redd is not the type of player you build your team around. Despite his stats, he's still just a complementary player.

He'd be nothing but an overpaid player on our squad. In other words, absolutely useless.
xxrainnn
Lead Assistant
And1: 173

Post#9 » by xxrainnn » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:16 pm

No thanks.

If we're going to trade, it better be for a pointguard, not a SG. Atleast not a veteran SG. I'd rather just draft EG.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#10 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:26 pm

i want billy king.

if we get redd i wanna trade a huge contract like zach randolph. and then maybe crawford for ford.

tj ford
michael redd
wilson chandler
anthony randolph
eddy curry

:roll: :roll:
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#11 » by TKF » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:36 pm

GIZMO! wrote:
TKF wrote:

Agreed. Redd is not the type of player you build your team around. Despite his stats, he's still just a complementary player.

He'd be nothing but an overpaid player on our squad. In other words, absolutely useless.

yea, knicks fans are funny. They see redd's stats, the games in which he plays vs the knicks when he gets hot for about 3 minutes forcing up shots and not defending, and they are like wow "redd is an allstar"...... When really, redd is just another complimentary player who can shoot, and doesn't defend.... We don't need that, especially with his bloated contract that just stinks.... We need to change our thinking, develop our own talent and draft good, young players, develop them while we have them on the cheap.. I see no use for redd on this team now.....
randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#12 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:38 pm

redd would be a great zone busting guy though. he is overpaid, but he wouldn't be a horrible fit here. it'd be satisfactory. that is, if he'll want to play D too.
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
NYDeeg4
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by NYDeeg4 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:43 pm

I think if we got a great PG, that Redd would be awsome to have on the team, especially with the run and shoot game that coach mike runs. I also feel that we should attempt in trading for TJ Ford, who is extremelly quick
TinyLinny
Senior
And1: 4

Post#14 » by TinyLinny » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:49 pm

randomhero423 wrote:redd would be a great zone busting guy though. he is overpaid, but he wouldn't be a horrible fit here. it'd be satisfactory. that is, if he'll want to play D too.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. He's been a pro for 7 years, so I think it's a bit much to expect him to start playing defense. I know he reminds us fans of Allan Houston because of his shooting ability, but H20 played more D than this guy ever has.
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#15 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:51 pm

Redd is NOT what we want. Now if we could get their pick though :P
randomhero423
Head Coach

Post#16 » by randomhero423 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:55 pm

GIZMO! wrote:
randomhero423 wrote:redd would be a great zone busting guy though. he is overpaid, but he wouldn't be a horrible fit here. it'd be satisfactory. that is, if he'll want to play D too.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. He's been a pro for 7 years, so I think it's a bit much to expect him to start playing defense. I know he reminds us fans of Allan Houston because of his shooting ability, but H20 played more D than this guy ever has.

defense is all about effort. it's not impossible to motivate someone into wanting to play some D.
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
JAX
Veteran

Post#17 » by JAX » Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:12 pm

I think the comparison, one court, to a SG version of ZBo is accurate, and seeing as to how our current roster makes more sense for a SG and they could use a low post threat I would have said we need to swap these two for one another. But ZBo just can't stay out of trouble.

I know it totally kills cap in '08 plan, but would MIL be willing to use there pick to shed his salary, for example Steph for Redd and 8.
NYDeeg4
Ballboy

Post#18 » by NYDeeg4 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:06 pm

If Mil. was willing to do steph for Redd + 8 and write a letter of unrecommendation for not hirng Harris, I would do that in a Heartbeat
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#19 » by BasicBall » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Heck yeah to Michael Redd....The threat of a guy like that opens up the paint for Curry & Lee...Makes it even more obvious to me that DJ or Love will be the pick at 6....

Marbury, Mardy and Balkman for Redd, Gadruzic and the pick

Or Marbury, Nate, Mardy & Balkman for Redd, Gadruzic and the pick

At 6 and 8 you take Love and Augustine
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,871

Post#20 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:33 pm

Its not at all fair to compare Redd to Randolph. Hes not a cancer, hes not a liability or a ball stopper.

He is however 1 dimentional.

Im sure Im not alone in this but whatever pieces we are offering up to get redd Id far prefer to offer up to get mayo and not take on that salary.

Redd is a nice player and probably one of the top 3 or 4 shooters in the NBA. His release is so fast its almost impossible to stop. hes also not totally opposed to taking the ball to the basket.

However he has 3 years {including his player option} and doesnt help us enough to justifiy the trade.

Now if we were talking about a simple Zach for Redd swap then Id be all over it. Or Zach, Rose, collins & morris for Redd and Mo Will then again Id take it.

Redd is far better than any shooting guard we have but hes not a playmaker. id only do this if it were a lateral move {in the sense listed above} or an upgrade {like we get Gadzuric, CV and Redd for Zach, Rose and Jeffries}

any trade that includes picks coming from us is out IMO.

Return to New York Knicks