ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks - Knicks rumors (2)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

cgmw
RealGM
And1: 9,792

Re: Bucks - Knicks rumors (2) 

Post#21 » by cgmw » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:16 pm

Acquiring Mike Redd would NOT be the same as McDyess or Francis or Zach or Curry. Unlike those guys, there's very little downside or risk with Redd's game. It's just his salary that hurts. Also at stake here is the general principle that rebuilding should come from within. Sometimes grabbing a key guy actually works out. Look at Rip Hamilton in Detroit.

If you want a comparison, the Knicks getting Redd would be something akin to the Allan Houston deal. A solid shooter making a lot of coin. Low risk, mediocre reward.

As for Larry Harris... yikes.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#22 » by TKF » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:33 pm

Redd is a good guy and player, but with his contract, I only trade for him if we unload zach for him straightup.. that is it...
TinyLinny
Senior
And1: 4

Post#23 » by TinyLinny » Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:50 pm

randomhero423 wrote:
GIZMO! wrote:
randomhero423 wrote:redd would be a great zone busting guy though. he is overpaid, but he wouldn't be a horrible fit here. it'd be satisfactory. that is, if he'll want to play D too.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks. He's been a pro for 7 years, so I think it's a bit much to expect him to start playing defense. I know he reminds us fans of Allan Houston because of his shooting ability, but H20 played more D than this guy ever has.

defense is all about effort. it's not impossible to motivate someone into wanting to play some D.

I can't disagree with that. But, we can't afford taking that type of risk. After all these years of losing, it's been a swing and a miss, over and over again. Everyone on our roster could play defense if they were motivated to do so. That if has become one if too many.

No thanks to Redd.
Starbury1
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Starbury1 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:03 am

the knicks really need to cash in on this one. Michael Redd would work wonders in D'Tonies system. Redd will prove to be the player that the knicks have lacked for quite some time now. He is a savy scorer with a quick release. he is an instant upgrade at our sg position and would help with opening up the middle for Randolph...im all for trading the pick.
Yeah, if there is anyone I can count on to give Marbs support, its gotta be Starbury1. - Anotha Knicks Fan
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#25 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:38 am

Redd is Randolph at the SG spot.

Mind you if we have a trade were we are moving Crawford then yea I'm all for Redd

Crawford and the 6th(Lopez)
for
Jaric and the 3rd(Mayo)

FOLLOWED BY

Randolph, Rose, Robinson
for
Redd, Simmons, Villanueva

We'd have our millionth PF. However we'd have Lee and Villanueva up front.

Curry/Jeffries
Lee/Villanueva
Richardson :nonono: /Simmons/Chandler/Balkman
Redd/Mayo
Marbury/Collins

We'd be pretty potent offensively with some young talent.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#26 » by randomhero423 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:53 am

I'd rather do:

Stephon Marbury, Mardy Collins, Randolph Morris, and Nate Robinson for Michael Redd, 8th Pick.

Jamal Crawford for T.J. Ford

Zach Randolph, 6th Pick for Reggie Evans, 16th pick.

Potential Lineup:
T.J. Ford/Fred Jones (sign back)
Michael Redd/Brandon Rush (16th)
Wilson Chandler/Quentin Richardson/Renaldo Balkman
Anthony Randolph (8th)/Reggie Evans/Malik Rose
Eddy Curry/Jared Jefferies/Jerome James
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
KnickRider
Banned User

Post#27 » by KnickRider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:40 pm

hatnlvr wrote:LOL! You better hope Walsh and D'Antoni have a plan to get rid of Zach! That is going to be an extremely difficult task. After last season he pretty much strengthened the MO that he is a cancer!!!

its early monday morning and i am always up for some entertainment. so do me a favor and in your eloquent wisdom entertain me in and and exactly what zach of all people did last season to prove he was a knick.
explain to me how it was HIS fault and his alone that we had such a bad season. point out to me how his 17ppg and 10rpg is what doomed us to our worse record in franchise history

please oh please wise 1 break this all down for me so it shall forever be broke, clown
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,878

Post#28 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:52 pm

KnickRider wrote:
hatnlvr wrote:LOL! You better hope Walsh and D'Antoni have a plan to get rid of Zach! That is going to be an extremely difficult task. After last season he pretty much strengthened the MO that he is a cancer!!!

its early monday morning and i am always up for some entertainment. so do me a favor and in your eloquent wisdom entertain me in and and exactly what zach of all people did last season to prove he was a knick.
explain to me how it was HIS fault and his alone that we had such a bad season. point out to me how his 17ppg and 10rpg is what doomed us to our worse record in franchise history

please oh please wise 1 break this all down for me so it shall forever be broke, clown

so you didnt notice the same things that made everyone think he was both a cancer and a horrific fit for this team?

ok, Ill break my POV down

1}selfish on offense
2}ball stopper
3}classic player playing for stats not wins
4}only interested in one side of the court
5}will actually push teammates out of the way for rebounds
6}zero leadership, zero camaraderie
7}would rather shoot a 3 or over a triple team than pass

however he does have positives
1}plays hard, if you consider stat padding hard
2}actually competes ... so he can get his stats

its sad. Zach is a unique talent in this league. He should be a positive addition to any team but hes clearly not.

trade him. that is all.
2}
DrSithMirth
Head Coach
And1: 11
Location: The Black Lodge. Raise up off me, lest you find yourself with us. Under the sycamore trees..

Post#29 » by DrSithMirth » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:00 pm

I agree with the sentiment that Michael Redd is a good player, but well overpaid and not worth the trade unless the #8 comes with him.

But I don't really have a beef with Larry Harris. I'd want to know what his strength is. Right now it's Walsh running the show, so he won't make full executive decisions. Is he a great financial guy ("capologist?"), great schmoozer, what? What makes him a good candidate for the job? It might be something that isn't evident, really. Most of the stuff that GMs do, we never see and a lot of things that get reported are blamed on the GM when he didn't do anything at all. So if Harris is the hire, I'd trust that it's all good. No worries, y'all.
Cheers, Dr. SithMirth
KnickRider
Banned User

Post#30 » by KnickRider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
KnickRider wrote:

so you didnt notice the same things that made everyone think he was both a cancer and a horrific fit for this team?

ok, Ill break my POV down

1}selfish on offense
2}ball stopper
3}classic player playing for stats not wins
4}only interested in one side of the court
5}will actually push teammates out of the way for rebounds
6}zero leadership, zero camaraderie
7}would rather shoot a 3 or over a triple team than pass

however he does have positives
1}plays hard, if you consider stat padding hard
2}actually competes ... so he can get his stats

its sad. Zach is a unique talent in this league. He should be a positive addition to any team but hes clearly not.

trade him. that is all.
2}

i am very ok with him being called a bad fit. there are many players in this league that would be a bad fit for this team. that by no means makes him a cancer
there are too many people on this forum that do not belong or are not warrented
jayknicks
Junior

Post#31 » by jayknicks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:09 pm

randomhero423 wrote:I'd rather do:

Stephon Marbury, Mardy Collins, Randolph Morris, and Nate Robinson for Michael Redd, 8th Pick.

Potential Lineup:

As "cancerous" as Zach is..i'd NEVER trade down in the draft for him....maybe Zach..for Evans and the 16...but it would be sweet to have the 6 and 8(if we got rid of Jefferies in that package for Redd) or the 6 and 16
jayknicks
Junior

Post#32 » by jayknicks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:14 pm

KnickRider wrote:

i am very ok with him being called a bad fit. there are many players in this league that would be a bad fit for this team. that by no means makes him a cancer
there are too many people on this forum that do not belong or are not warrented

You can't blame people for having such a view. He's been on two teams who have STRUGGLED while he was on the team and somehow he still puts up good numbers despite the team's struggles...why? going to a bunch of games should make it obvious..he'll be tripled teamed and still try to throw up the ball in the post..rather than dishing it to an open man..
cancerous may be "harsh" but it can be respectfully warranted...especially if the only trade the Knicks make is dumping him off somewhere and immediately the team plays more like a team..just as Portland did last yr.
The moment the man learns how to act unselfishly will be the moment he'll be a valued piece to any team.
KnickRider
Banned User

Post#33 » by KnickRider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:30 pm

You can't blame people for having such a view. He's been on two teams who have STRUGGLED while he was on the team and somehow he still puts up good numbers despite the team's struggles...why? going to a bunch of games should make it obvious..he'll be tripled teamed and still try to throw up the ball in the post..rather than dishing it to an open man..
cancerous may be "harsh" but it can be respectfully warranted...especially if the only trade the Knicks make is dumping him off somewhere and immediately the team plays more like a team..just as Portland did last yr.
The moment the man learns how to act unselfishly will be the moment he'll be a valued piece to any team.[/quote]

i cant speak for portland, only the knicks. there was nothing right about our team. selfish as his play may have been he is single handedly responsible for more wins last year than losses.
with portland, they picked up 3 of the best young players in the game 3 years running, and got a new coach to boot. thats like when people compare steph leaving jersey and phoenix and them getting better. in each case he was replaced by arguably the best pg in the league in kidd and nash

so yes, i can criticize. its an absolutely stupid comment to make. you can call him selfish. you can call him a bad fit. you can say anything you want about his game. but calling him a cancer is an absolutely stupid comment to make.

trust me i am not at all saying he was not a contributing factor to SOME of our problems last season.
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#34 » by randomhero423 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:50 pm

jayknicks wrote:
randomhero423 wrote:I'd rather do:

Potential Lineup:

As "cancerous" as Zach is..i'd NEVER trade down in the draft for him....maybe Zach..for Evans and the 16...but it would be sweet to have the 6 and 8(if we got rid of Jefferies in that package for Redd) or the 6 and 16

i was thinking maybe add wilson chandler but even then i can't see them doing that. randolph in 10/11 will earn 17 mill.... evans? around 6. we gotta get rid of zach. #6 and #8 isn't a big difference, so just think about it has getting another pick.

i was thinking of a way to get rid of curry but that seems impossible. :-? :-?
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Isocleas2
Veteran
And1: 513

Post#35 » by Isocleas2 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:10 pm

Some of you guys are flat out insane. Redd + #8 for Marbury's expiring contract? You honestly think thats a fair deal?

Redd, despite being overpaid and one dimensional, would still be the best player on your team. You're not getting him for chump change (and i'm being generous there).
KnickRider
Banned User

Post#36 » by KnickRider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:Some of you guys are flat out insane. Redd + #8 for Marbury's expiring contract? You honestly think thats a fair deal?

Redd, despite being overpaid and one dimensional, would still be the best player on your team. You're not getting him for chump change (and i'm being generous there).

it depends on the reason your team is looking to unload him. if it is cap space you are interested in, 23mil in expiring contracts is an exceptional sum of money and hard to come by in 1 blow like that
so yes, it is a very fair deal if that is your goal
EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Post#37 » by EchelonNYK » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:26 pm

OH GOD NO, the Knicks own the Bucks everytime we played them. Redd is also on the downside.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#38 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:49 pm

echelonNYK wrote:OH GOD NO, the Knicks own the Bucks everytime we played them. Redd is also on the downside.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Michael Redd is a fine player but the guy is Randolph at the SG positon. He plays ZERO D and is a volume shooter. Now mind you I'd be willing to trade for him but it wouldnt be for an expiring.

Redd and Villanueva for Randolph, Robinson, and Balkman/Collins

I dont think Robinson is going to get traded since he is likely going to put up MONSTER numbers this year playing under D'Antoni. Depending on how the draft goes maybe:

Redd and the 8th for Randolph and the 6th

This isnt that bad.

Especially if we could package Crawford and the 8th to move up.
KnickRider
Banned User

Post#39 » by KnickRider » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:53 pm

optimusADL wrote:
echelonNYK wrote:OH GOD NO, the Knicks own the Bucks everytime we played them. Redd is also on the downside.

You hit the nail right on the head.

Michael Redd is a fine player but the guy is Randolph at the SG positon. He plays ZERO D and is a volume shooter. Now mind you I'd be willing to trade for him but it wouldnt be for an expiring.

Redd and Villanueva for Randolph, Robinson, and Balkman/Collins

I dont think Robinson is going to get traded since he is likely going to put up MONSTER numbers this year playing under D'Antoni. Depending on how the draft goes maybe:

Redd and the 8th for Randolph and the 6th

This isnt that bad.

Especially if we could package Crawford and the 8th to move up.

not sure how i feel about that. i am very much a fan of nate and balkman
i would add mardy to that too but he has just never been really given a chance to prove he can produce either starting or off the bench. just small flashes of possibility from time to time.
Mecca
RealGM
And1: 14,325

Post#40 » by Mecca » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Marbs Balkman and Mardy for Redd Gurzy and 8 overall
8 or 9 overall for Conley
zZbo for Big Ben
Lee for number 9

Redd at SF??
Mayo at 6

Conley