ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks - Knicks rumors (2)

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Re: Bucks - Knicks rumors (2) 

Post#41 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:46 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:Its not at all fair to compare Redd to Randolph. Hes not a cancer, hes not a liability or a ball stopper.

But Redd most definitely is a ball stopper. He's every bit as big a black hole as Randolph is. And his teams are every bit as dysfunctional as Randolph's has been.
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#42 » by GuyverADL » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:45 pm

moocow007 wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:Its not at all fair to compare Redd to Randolph. Hes not a cancer, hes not a liability or a ball stopper.

But Redd most definitely is a ball stopper. He's every bit as big a black hole as Randolph is. And his teams are every bit as dysfunctional as Randolph's has been.

Redd isn't a distraction off the court so he doesn't have negative trade value.

If I was Milwaukee I wouldn't mind doing a three way.

Redd to Orlando and Lewis to NY and an expiring(NY) and picks(from Orlando)

We can only pray
jayknicks
Junior
And1: 0

Post#43 » by jayknicks » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:15 pm

optimusADL wrote:If I was Milwaukee I wouldn't mind doing a three way.

Redd to Orlando and Lewis to NY and an expiring(NY) and picks(from Orlando)

We can only pray

haha..maybe if Harris was still the GM
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,187

Post#44 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:31 pm

Isocleas2 wrote:Some of you guys are flat out insane. Redd + #8 for Marbury's expiring contract? You honestly think thats a fair deal?

Redd, despite being overpaid and one dimensional, would still be the best player on your team. You're not getting him for chump change (and i'm being generous there).

Redd is the SG version of Zach Randolph. And we are already trying to move Randolph, why would we want a shorter Randolph?
BrewCityBBQ
Analyst
And1: 79

Post#45 » by BrewCityBBQ » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:32 am

Come on you guys are crazy. Bucks would not even waste the brain power on a Redd and #8 for Marbury. Thats just insane. I almost just got an ulcer thinking about the shear rediculousness of that proposal.

Some things to note:

1. GM John Hammond has noted he will not trade Redd in a salary dump deal. He is smart. Why would he trade away our #8 pick and Redd for Marbury?
Why not keep Redd and keep our #8 and dump Mo Williams?
2. Redd is NOT Zach Randolph at the shooting guard position, for one he isn't a team cancer with a hint of wackjob on his resume.
3. Why would the New York Knicks even want Redd? Dont you have enough overpaid players for the next milenia to deal with?
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#46 » by FutureKnicksGM » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:34 am

randomhero423 wrote:I'd rather do:

Stephon Marbury, Mardy Collins, Randolph Morris, and Nate Robinson for Michael Redd, 8th Pick.

Jamal Crawford for T.J. Ford

Zach Randolph, 6th Pick for Reggie Evans, 16th pick.

Potential Lineup:
T.J. Ford/Fred Jones (sign back)
Michael Redd/Brandon Rush (16th)
Wilson Chandler/Quentin Richardson/Renaldo Balkman
Anthony Randolph (8th)/Reggie Evans/Malik Rose
Eddy Curry/Jared Jefferies/Jerome James

There's no point in doing the Zach trade, even if it saves some money in 2010, because if you trade for Redd, you won't be under the cap in 2010 anyway
NYKNICKS03
Pro Prospect

Post#47 » by NYKNICKS03 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:09 am

i'd rather have MAYO than sort of so many changes in our roster...stop taking long term contracts..just start with new players in the draft..we didn't do that since pat...we always take over paid under achieving players who also egoistic and stuborn :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
midtown
Veteran

Post#48 » by midtown » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:05 am

Redd would be just the type of high energy player & shooter for Mike D's system. I think he would put up even better numbers . I dont know what kind of contract he has so if its a long one, no thanks
El Duderino
RealGM
And1: 1,328

Post#49 » by El Duderino » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:44 am

As a Bucks fan, i'm very confident that none of the things some here proposed would EVER happen

1. I'm 100% certain that the Bucks won't want anything to do with acquiring Zach Randolph. We hired Skiles this offseason and i think Skiles would rather get stabbed in the eyes with multiple ice picks than have Zach Randolph on his roster. Our owner Herb Kohl has been a problem over the years by meddling in trade offers, but him stopping Harris from trading for Randolph last year was about the only smart thing he's done in years until he fired Harris this offseason.

2. Hammond isn't going to trade Redd for an expiring, much less include our lottery pick. I would like to see Redd traded and with his big contract, i understand we won't get equal talent in return. With that said, a team like Cleveland could use him badly and we certainly wouldn't have to bend over and light a lottery pick on fire just to shed his salary.

3. The Bucks have no need for your fringe players/spare parts like Mardy Collins, Nate Robinson, or Randolph Morris, we already have enough of them on our roster. The only player on your whole team i'd like to see on the Bucks is David Lee, the rest of your roster is a lot like guys on ours. Soft, stupid, shoot to much, overpaid, or a combination of all of that.

4. That leaves David Lee and your pick at #6. I see little to no chance you'd trade us the draft pick, we aren't trading you our pick, and maybe the teams could find some match in a more minor trade that involved Lee, but not likely.

So don't buy much into that "rumor". The guy who started it writes for a very tiny paper and always is throwing stuff out there that almost never comes true.
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,353

Post#50 » by nyknicks09 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:59 am

Curry, Crawford, and Jeffreis for Redd, and Mo Williams in a heart beat. D'Antoni is going small. More playing time for D. Lee, Balkman, and Chandler.
New York Knicks

Return to New York Knicks