ImageImageImageImageImage

Gordon(Drops 33pts) vs K-Mart(Drops 29pts) Tonight

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Gordon(Drops 33pts) vs K-Mart(Drops 29pts) Tonight 

Post#1 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:31 am

After watching this game I wanted to drive my head through every wall in my home.

First of all K-Mart is probably the most pure shooting 2guard in the NBA. I've never seen a player play within himself and be such an efficient player at this position. He's almost unguardable, because he puts himself in the best position to score. He's all high IQ and has tons of deception in his game.

Now on to Eric Gordon all I can do is SMFH we didn't draft him. The dude erupted for 21 4rth qrt pts and his range is so ridiculous. Good luck to any of our back court players when they play the Clips he is going to have an unmerciful game. He was shooting 27frts like layups all net. He plays very good man D, ultra aggressive and a rhino attacking the rim. He was there for the taking but we went with a Finesse Euro who might pan out. I'm so pissed off. Gordon was my guy all summer outside of Beasley and Mayo ask TKF.

Yuck Yuck Yuck Yuck to Crawford!!!!! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Re: Gordon(Drops 33pts) vs K-Mart(Drops 29pts) Tonight 

Post#2 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:50 am

I wanted us to trade up to OJ or draft Gordon this guy was great tonight I was hoping we draft him but his height made me doubtful. I also liked Alexander/ Randolph but we made a good chioce chosing Gallinari we needed some buddy that didn't care about stats and cared about winning, by the way its 1 preseason game he was just hot.
baseline_jay
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by baseline_jay » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:50 am

Was never sold on Gordon as I don't believe in building an offense around an undersized SG.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#4 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:02 am

^He is going to compliment the Kaman, Davis, Thorton, core. He isn't going to get 24 shots a night but overall the Clips are going under radar this season, a starting five of Davis, Gordon, Thorton, Camby, and Kaman is pretty good it has a balanced offensive and defense, they could possibly be better than the Magic.
waya
RealGM
And1: 5,134

Post#5 » by waya » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:17 am

TheBluest wrote:After watching this game I wanted to drive my head through every wall in my home.

First of all K-Mart is probably the most pure shooting 2guard in the NBA. I've never seen a player play within himself and be such an efficient player at this position. He's almost unguardable, because he puts himself in the best position to score. He's all high IQ and has tons of deception in his game.

Now on to Eric Gordon all I can do is SMFH we didn't draft him. The dude erupted for 21 4rth qrt pts and his range is so ridiculous. Good luck to any of our back court players when they play the Clips he is going to have an unmerciful game. He was shooting 27frts like layups all net. He plays very good man D, ultra aggressive and a rhino attacking the rim. He was there for the taking but we went with a Finesse Euro who might pan out. I'm so pissed off. Gordon was my guy all summer outside of Beasley and Mayo ask TKF.

Yuck Yuck Yuck Yuck to Crawford!!!!! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Well firstly this is just a pre-season game. If hes playing like this consistently half-way through the season, lets start some threads but until then...

And secondly, hindsight is 20/20. We didnt take him, theres nothing we can do about it now so lets stick it out with Gallo!
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#6 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:25 am

and here is the difference between a real player (Martin), and a rookie putting up inflated stats in garbage time preseason games. Martin 29 points on 11 shots. Gordon 33 points on 24 shots.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#7 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:44 am

RutgersBJJ wrote:and here is the difference between a real player (Martin), and a rookie putting up inflated stats in garbage time preseason games. Martin 29 points on 11 shots. Gordon 33 points on 24 shots.

Gordon was in no way padding his stats. Did you even watch the game? He went 4-11 in the first half and 7-13 in the second half. He scored 21pts in the 4rth qrt.

He started his barrage when his team was down by double digits in the 4rth. Yes some of the starters were on the bench for the Kings but the Clips were down about 2/3 to 3/4 time of the entire game. BTW Gordon nor Martin guarded each other. Simply put a tale of two halves. Martin did his damage in the first to mid second qrt and Gordon did his all in the 4rth really. I agree Martin's 29pts were more impressive than Gordon's 33pts. Keep in mind one's a 5yr vet the other just a rookie not even 20yrs old yet. I was impressed at how Gordon effortlessly shoots the deep ball and how powerful he is when driving to the rim. He does need to improve his ball handling and overall shot selection. Both of their performances makes me hate Jamal more and more, especially when I watching K-Mart play. He's the model 2 guard IMO offensively in terms of how he plays the game and his overall efficiency.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#8 » by TKF » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:50 am

I was watching the game, and I fell asleep.. Kevin martin is a good player, he is who he is, but not flawless, I like his game, but he has his flaws, he also takes his bad shots, like tonight and his 35 foot airball. it happens, but again, Martin is a fine, fine player...

Eric gordon is a good player, a little short for me at the SG spot, but he can play. Nothing we can do, we didn't draft him, this league is made up of a lot of good players. I am sure there are a lot of teams banging their heads they didn't take david lee, you win some, you lose some. Move on..
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#9 » by GuyverADL » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:58 am

Gordon is an undersized SG.

Kevin Martin is Crawford with a better jumper and worse handle.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#10 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:00 am

TKF wrote:I was watching the game, and I fell asleep.. Kevin martin is a good player, he is who he is, but not flawless, I like his game, but he has his flaws, he also takes his bad shots, like tonight and his 35 foot airball. it happens.

Eric gordon is a good player, a little short for me at the SG spot, but he can play. Nothing we can do, we didn't draft him, this league is made up of a lot of good players. I am sure there are a lot of teams banging their heads they didn't take david lee, you win some, you lose some. Move on..

Martin's 35ftr more so a 27ftr shot that was a Heat Checker..... in no way indicative of his shot selection. Before that shot I think he was 8-9 from the field ....9-11 overall speaks for itself. Hasn't shot less than 45% for his career actually you could say 46% if you round up his 45.6%fg from last yr(LOL as if this makes sense :D :D ) Proof the guy doesn't make it a habit of chucking or doing AND1 MixTape stunts. Reggie Miller reincarnated except without the Clutch or big playoff performances yet.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#11 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:03 am

optimusADL wrote:Gordon is an undersized SG.

They play nothing alike, this comparison is awful but not surprising coming from you...."Mr. Troy Murphy"
NYKNICKS03
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#12 » by NYKNICKS03 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:05 am

^+1

nice TKF...
GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Post#13 » by GuyverADL » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:16 am

TheBluest wrote:
optimusADL wrote:Gordon is an undersized SG.

They play nothing alike, this comparison is awful but not surprising coming from you...."Mr. Troy Murphy"

Kevin Martin cant handle the ball so he spots up for shots. Neither play D.

Im not impressed. K-Mart will be in lottery land for the foreseeable future.
BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Post#14 » by BugsBunny » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:21 am

J-Slim wrote:I wanted us to trade up to OJ or draft Gordon this guy was great tonight I was hoping we draft him but his height made me doubtful. I also liked Alexander/ Randolph but we made a good chioce chosing Gallinari we needed some buddy that didn't care about stats and cared about winning, by the way its 1 preseason game he was just hot.

So you're saying Gordon, Bayless doesn't care about winning they just care about stats? :-?
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#15 » by RutgersBJJ » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:41 am

TheBluest wrote:
RutgersBJJ wrote:and here is the difference between a real player (Martin), and a rookie putting up inflated stats in garbage time preseason games. Martin 29 points on 11 shots. Gordon 33 points on 24 shots.

Gordon was in no way padding his stats. Did you even watch the game? He went 4-11 in the first half and 7-13 in the second half. He scored 21pts in the 4rth qrt.

He started his barrage when his team was down by double digits in the 4rth. Yes some of the starters were on the bench for the Kings but the Clips were down about 2/3 to 3/4 time of the entire game. BTW Gordon nor Martin guarded each other. Simply put a tale of two halves. Martin did his damage in the first to mid second qrt and Gordon did his all in the 4rth really. I agree Martin's 29pts were more impressive than Gordon's 33pts. Keep in mind one's a 5yr vet the other just a rookie not even 20yrs old yet. I was impressed at how Gordon effortlessly shoots the deep ball and how powerful he is when driving to the rim. He does need to improve his ball handling and overall shot selection. Both of their performances makes me hate Jamal more and more, especially when I watching K-Mart play. He's the model 2 guard IMO offensively in terms of how he plays the game and his overall efficiency.

that is padding your stats. We are the only team that actually plays are A team (even though it is really more like a C team) for the majority of the fourth quarter. Gordon will be a volume scorer in this league. We have enough of that type of player sitting on our roster.

and Martin is a very good player. Arguably the best shooter in the league, and easily the most efficient shooter in the league. He takes bad shots, but he makes them, at an amazing rate. If he ever has any help (like if the kid from Ryder pans out, or if Hawes ever pans out), Sacramento could be good. They have Green also, so we will have to see how they develop. This year should be interesting for them. They are either going to be extremely bad, or they might surprise some people and contend for a playoff spot in the west since after the 6th seed the west kind of sucks now.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User

Post#16 » by Pedro Pistolas » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:07 am

Kevin Martin is the man! but why mention him on this board? I know one thing he's not no damn Jamal Crawford.

Gordon is a undersized CHUCKER ....nothing else to be said about that clown
BugsBunny
Rookie

Post#17 » by BugsBunny » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:58 am

PistoL_D-iX wrote:Kevin Martin is the man! but why mention him on this board? I know one thing he's not no damn Jamal Crawford.

Gordon is a undersized CHUCKER ....nothing else to be said about that clown

Eric Gordon is a good kid, he's a clown because he chucks? LOL
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#18 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 am

Here we go again... one good game in a meaningless preseason game and all of a sudden Eric Gordon is the next coming of Kobe. Relax guys, seriously, we've seen all of that before so many times. Gordon without a doubt is a nice player. But he had these games in college and followed them up by shooting 1 for 12 and 5 TOs. The point is a lot of players in the NBA have unreal potential and can do damage in any given game. But to really evaluate a player it takes much more than someone being hot in a preseason game. Seriously, how many games like this has Ben Gordon had in his Bulls days?! A lot and he still isn't a great player or anything... so please relax...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
seren
RealGM
And1: 4,210

Post#19 » by seren » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:01 pm

Another reason to hate Isiah. We had a shot at taking Kevin Martin. He was selected for 24th in 2004 and we had the 16th pick that year. Of course, that pick was moved for Marbs and Penny along with other stuff.
stuporman
RealGM
And1: 16,130

Post#20 » by stuporman » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:11 pm

Does anyone need any more reasons to hate Crawford's game?
If you'd rather see your team fail so you can be right
...you are a fan of your opinion not the team.
Image?
Knowledge is just information stuffed into a mental bag
Wisdom is knowing what to pull out of the bag to do the job

Return to New York Knicks