ImageImageImageImageImage

Gordon(Drops 33pts) vs K-Mart(Drops 29pts) Tonight

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Re: Gordon(Drops 33pts) vs K-Mart(Drops 29pts) Tonight 

Post#21 » by Johnny Hoops » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:23 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:I was watching the game, and I fell asleep.. Kevin martin is a good player, he is who he is, but not flawless, I like his game, but he has his flaws, he also takes his bad shots, like tonight and his 35 foot airball. it happens.

Eric gordon is a good player, a little short for me at the SG spot, but he can play. Nothing we can do, we didn't draft him, this league is made up of a lot of good players. I am sure there are a lot of teams banging their heads they didn't take david lee, you win some, you lose some. Move on..

Martin's 35ftr more so a 27ftr shot that was a Heat Checker..... in no way indicative of his shot selection. Before that shot I think he was 8-9 from the field ....9-11 overall speaks for itself. Hasn't shot less than 45% for his career actually you could say 46% if you round up his 45.6%fg from last yr(LOL as if this makes sense :D :D ) Proof the guy doesn't make it a habit of chucking or doing AND1 MixTape stunts. Reggie Miller reincarnated except without the Clutch or big playoff performances yet.

I went to the Vegas Summer league the past few years. It was either 2 or 3 summers ago when I was lucky enough to have Ron Artest and Kevin Martin show up for a Kings game.

Artest was in tip top shape and just toyed with everyone on the court. Martin was unbelievably quick. It was as if he had ice skates on the way he ate up the court. His feet barely seemed to touch the floor. He is a scoring machine. I watched a great deal of Kings games the past few years in hopes of landing Artest and I must say K Martin scores the ball like few others in the game and yes he tends to get his stuff in the flow of the game.

In terms of Gordon -- I was leaning towards him around draft time and thought we'd take him. We have Gallo now and I'm hoping he's a stud. For Gallo I'm looking for a guy that plays the game the right way - like Lee - who is a clutch player and maybe someone who can eventually get us 17 and 7 every night while fitting into a total team concept. Who knows....TBD.
kosmovitelli
RealGM
And1: 429

Post#22 » by kosmovitelli » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:43 pm

TheBluest wrote:After watching this game I wanted to drive my head through every wall in my home.

First of all K-Mart is probably the most pure shooting 2guard in the NBA. I've never seen a player play within himself and be such an efficient player at this position. He's almost unguardable, because he puts himself in the best position to score. He's all high IQ and has tons of deception in his game.

Now on to Eric Gordon all I can do is SMFH we didn't draft him. The dude erupted for 21 4rth qrt pts and his range is so ridiculous. Good luck to any of our back court players when they play the Clips he is going to have an unmerciful game. He was shooting 27frts like layups all net. He plays very good man D, ultra aggressive and a rhino attacking the rim. He was there for the taking but we went with a Finesse Euro who might pan out. I'm so pissed off. Gordon was my guy all summer outside of Beasley and Mayo ask TKF.

Yuck Yuck Yuck Yuck to Crawford!!!!! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Your opinion on the game and Martin and Gordon's production is interesting but I don't know why you always want to picture yourself as a malcontent. It won't do you any good to be so angry all the time. You seem to be pissed off pretty often ! Give it a rest and enjoy the games !

You can praise Eric Gordon without bashing the Knicks pick. I don't know who will be the better player between Gallo and Gordon but both have flaws in their game and it's a bit early to affirm we made a mistake on draft night. If Gordon becomes an All Star then it's great for the Clippers. As already said by other posters, it happens all the time. Hindsight is 20/20. Dumars passed on Melo, Bosh and Wade, he still won a championship and the Pistons made it to the ECF the past 6 seasons. It was far worse than passing on Gordon and I don't see many fans in Detroit still bitter about that. It happens...

I have a question for you Bluest : If the situation was reversed (Gordon was injured and Gallinari scored 30+ points), would you have started a thread about Gallinari and how happy you were we drafted him over Gordon ?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#23 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:27 pm

Flaming Mo wrote:Here we go again... one good game in a meaningless preseason game and all of a sudden Eric Gordon is the next coming of Kobe. Relax guys, seriously, we've seen all of that before so many times. Gordon without a doubt is a nice player. But he had these games in college and followed them up by shooting 1 for 12 and 5 TOs. The point is a lot of players in the NBA have unreal potential and can do damage in any given game. But to really evaluate a player it takes much more than someone being hot in a preseason game. Seriously, how many games like this has Ben Gordon had in his Bulls days?! A lot and he still isn't a great player or anything... so please relax...

Please stop pulling a straw man here and stay on point. The thread was a highlight of two 2 guards who make you only wonder if we had them instead of Crawford, kind of like if we had Bynum instead of Frye and/or Curry, kind of like if we had Rajon Rondo instead of Renaldo Balkman etc etc etc. Nobody said these guys were the next Kobe.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:47 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:
TheBluest wrote:After watching this game I wanted to drive my head through every wall in my home.

First of all K-Mart is probably the most pure shooting 2guard in the NBA. I've never seen a player play within himself and be such an efficient player at this position. He's almost unguardable, because he puts himself in the best position to score. He's all high IQ and has tons of deception in his game.

Now on to Eric Gordon all I can do is SMFH we didn't draft him. The dude erupted for 21 4rth qrt pts and his range is so ridiculous. Good luck to any of our back court players when they play the Clips he is going to have an unmerciful game. He was shooting 27frts like layups all net. He plays very good man D, ultra aggressive and a rhino attacking the rim. He was there for the taking but we went with a Finesse Euro who might pan out. I'm so pissed off. Gordon was my guy all summer outside of Beasley and Mayo ask TKF.

Yuck Yuck Yuck Yuck to Crawford!!!!! :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

Your opinion on the game and Martin and Gordon's production is interesting but I don't know why you always want to picture yourself as a malcontent. It won't do you any good to be so angry all the time. You seem to be pissed off pretty often ! Give it a rest and enjoy the games !

You can praise Eric Gordon without bashing the Knicks pick. I don't know who will be the better player between Gallo and Gordon but both have flaws in their game and it's a bit early to affirm we made a mistake on draft night. If Gordon becomes an All Star then it's great for the Clippers. As already said by other posters, it happens all the time. Hindsight is 20/20. Dumars passed on Melo, Bosh and Wade, he still won a championship and the Pistons made it to the ECF the past 6 seasons. It was far worse than passing on Gordon and I don't see many fans in Detroit still bitter about that. It happens...

I have a question for you Bluest : If the situation was reversed (Gordon was injured and Gallinari scored 30+ points), would you have started a thread about Gallinari and how happy you were we drafted him over Gordon ?

I probably wouldn't have had a whole lot of input on Gallo. Seriously many of us just didn't know a whole lot about the Kid and all we had to go off of once we heard about the interest is Youtube videos and articles endorsed by Euro league media about the kid.

Dumars passing on Superstars as you brought up, gets mentioned all the time and yes Dumars should and gets creamed for passing on them simply for the sure asset those other players could have been to his club, forget about if he would of had to change philosophy and maybe rethink his team construction plan if he picked them.

I hear Det fans all the time speaking on this regret, because it would have extended the dominance and given them more flexibility. Now have they been rewarded in retrospect, yeah they have.

I didn't bash the Knicks pick per say but instead revisited briefly what my pick preference was. I stated Gallo may pan out. I never said Gordon>>>>>>Gallo. This had more to do with us sticking with Craw as our core 2 guard while passing on some studs and Craw not reforming his game suitable to the caliber of K-Mart's or heck even Gordon's.

So why are you so concerned about my feelings?
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#25 » by TKF » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:49 pm

kosmovitelli wrote:

I have mentioned that to him before. How can you even enjoy the sport, forget the team you root for, just the sport, with such a negative attitude. I just feel at some point, it may be better to root for another team....
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by TKF » Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:52 pm

TheBluest wrote:
Flaming Mo wrote:Here we go again... one good game in a meaningless preseason game and all of a sudden Eric Gordon is the next coming of Kobe. Relax guys, seriously, we've seen all of that before so many times. Gordon without a doubt is a nice player. But he had these games in college and followed them up by shooting 1 for 12 and 5 TOs. The point is a lot of players in the NBA have unreal potential and can do damage in any given game. But to really evaluate a player it takes much more than someone being hot in a preseason game. Seriously, how many games like this has Ben Gordon had in his Bulls days?! A lot and he still isn't a great player or anything... so please relax...

Please stop pulling a straw man here and stay on point. The thread was a highlight of two 2 guards who make you only wonder if we had them instead of Crawford, kind of like if we had Bynum instead of Frye and/or Curry, kind of like if we had Rajon Rondo instead of Renaldo Balkman etc etc etc. Nobody said these guys were the next Kobe.

honetly bluest, this type of posting is getting old. REally, I like kevin martin a lot, and I hope eric gordon has a nice career, he is a good kid, but neither guy is that great that they make me that miserable that I have jamal crawford who is a good player also. Really they don't, the only regrets that I have is that we were never lucky enough to have a Kobe or lebron at this point. Other than that, I don't see much of a need to keep longing for players that may be slightly better than the ones we have now....
Flaming Mo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 225

Post#27 » by Flaming Mo » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:05 pm

TheBluest wrote:

So what if we had some kind of scrub instead of Wilson Chandler?!? Not every draft pick can be perfect and actually many turn out to be forgotten players in a few years.... there's always some great deal of who we could have had and so on but that could be said for basically every NBA team. The trick of praising your rookies (the guys you liked) after a good game or something gets pretty old...
Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies...
haterade
Sixth Man
And1: 90

Post#28 » by haterade » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:20 pm

I'm a big Kevin Martin fan, I think his game really would shine in a D'Antoni offense. He moves well without the ball, has good range, good shot selection, and can run the break. Never been a big Eric Gordon fan, but I know he will have some big games, but I don't think he'll be much more than the chucker. His game really reminds me of Q when he was young and on the Clips. Saying this, preseason is preseason. I didn't watch the game, so who was guarding him? Did he play against the Sac starters?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#29 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:25 pm

TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:Please stop pulling a straw man here and stay on point. The thread was a highlight of two 2 guards who make you only wonder if we had them instead of Crawford, kind of like if we had Bynum instead of Frye and/or Curry, kind of like if we had Rajon Rondo instead of Renaldo Balkman etc etc etc. Nobody said these guys were the next Kobe.

honetly bluest, this type of posting is getting old. REally, I like kevin martin a lot, and I hope eric gordon has a nice career, he is a good kid, but neither guy is that great that they make me that miserable that I have jamal crawford who is a good player also. Really they don't, the only regrets that I have is that we were never lucky enough to have a Kobe or lebron at this point. Other than that, I don't see much of a need to keep longing for players that may be slightly better than the ones we have now....

I'll file this comment away and pull it out when necessary.... point taken for now.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by TKF » Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:30 pm

^^^ You can do that, but reading the responses of the other posters, I kind of feel they agree with me on that. Again, the malcontent posting can get old, I think a lot of posters have expressed thsoe feelings. They know you are a better poster than that, and this is why I say this to you, because I feel you understand exactly where I am comming from. But hey, if you want to file it and pull it out later, be my guest, I don't see how that changes anything bluest. You can be a great poster when you want to be, it is sad you seem to take another route most of the time. You can bring a lot more to this forum and you know it..
daBockas
Pro Prospect
And1: 3

Post#31 » by daBockas » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:01 pm

baseline_jay wrote:Was never sold on Gordon as I don't believe in building an offense around an undersized SG.

True, they'll just ride mopeds and break their limbs. :)
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#32 » by Jose7 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:17 pm

I wanted Eric Gordon all draft but him having a 33 point game in preseason doesn't mean anything. When it comes to preseason and the last month of the regular season you should NEVER judge a player on those games.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#33 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:26 pm

TKF wrote:^^^ You can do that, but reading the responses of the other posters, I kind of feel they agree with me on that. Again, the malcontent posting can get old, I think a lot of posters have expressed thsoe feelings. They know you are a better poster than that, and this is why I say this to you, because I feel you understand exactly where I am comming from. But hey, if you want to file it and pull it out later, be my guest, I don't see how that changes anything bluest. You can be a great poster when you want to be, it is sad you seem to take another route most of the time. You can bring a lot more to this forum and you know it..

Whatever. More BS Hipocrisy as usual not surprised. The other day a poster started a thread on O.J. Mayo hmmmmm

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=843722&start=0

So... was this thread in essence redundant and annoying as the one I created? Where's the reprimanding? How many times has it been expressed disappointment not acquiring Mayo? Was it because mine came a few days after? Because from the takes of things it appears posters expressed a since of remorse or regret over the small opportunity to land Mayo in the linked thread. Was it ok because most here wanted Mayo... so to languish over not acquiring him is understandable and acceptable? It will continue to be done you know this right? When is the last time you've seen me express any thoughts on the other draft picks besides Mayo? You know Gordon was my guy so obviously I'm going to have a little to say about him. I very rarely talk about Gallo outside of the fact I don't like a GM letting a coach draft his own player, it has nothing to do with Gallo more so with principle. You know at one point in time during the summer I had Beasley and Gordon as 1A and 1B with Gordon never falling lower than 4. Why can't I express how I feel about my pick without getting reprimanded but others can because their pick represented popular opinion? Is it because the tone of the thread actually called out an existing Knick player like I did with Jamal? Gordon would play the 2 if we drafted him I assume taking over someone's role in the very near future no more than Gallo taking over Zach's or Lee's position.

Anyway since I know you're a great Mod I'm sure the next "Pulling Hairs Off Your Nut Sack One by One" thread on "Dammit We Could Of Had Mayo" you'll slap the poster on the wrist and tell them enough is enough. Then again maybe you won't.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by TKF » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:52 pm

TheBluest wrote:
TKF wrote:^^^ You can do that, but reading the responses of the other posters, I kind of feel they agree with me on that. Again, the malcontent posting can get old, I think a lot of posters have expressed thsoe feelings. They know you are a better poster than that, and this is why I say this to you, because I feel you understand exactly where I am comming from. But hey, if you want to file it and pull it out later, be my guest, I don't see how that changes anything bluest. You can be a great poster when you want to be, it is sad you seem to take another route most of the time. You can bring a lot more to this forum and you know it..

Whatever. More BS Hipocrisy as usual not surprised. The other day a poster started a thread on O.J. Mayo hmmmmm

So... was this thread in essence redundant and annoying as the one I created? Where's the reprimanding? How many times has it been expressed disappointment not acquiring Mayo? Was it because mine came a few days after? Because from the takes of things it appears posters expressed a since of remorse or regret over the small opportunity to land Mayo in the linked thread. Was it ok because most here wanted Mayo... so to languish over not acquiring him is understandable and acceptable? It will continue to be done you know this right? When is the last time you've seen me express any thoughts on the other draft picks besides Mayo? You know Gordon was my guy so obviously I'm going to have a little to say about him. I very rarely talk about Gallo outside of the fact I don't like a GM letting a coach draft his own player, it has nothing to do with Gallo more so with principle. You know at one point in time during the summer I had Beasley and Gordon as 1A and 1B with Gordon never falling lower than 4. Why can't I express how I feel about my pick without getting reprimanded but others can because their pick represented popular opinion? Is it because the tone of the thread actually called out an existing Knick player like I did with Jamal? Gordon would play the 2 if we drafted him I assume taking over someone's role in the very near future no more than Gallo taking over Zach's or Lee's position.

Anyway since I know you're a great Mod I'm sure the next "Pulling Hairs Off Your Nut Sack One by One" thread on "Dammit We Could Of Had Mayo" you'll slap the poster on the wrist and tell them enough is enough. Then again maybe you won't.

bluest, look at that thread, all he did was post what mayo scored, nothing more, nothing less. It definately doesn't have the same malcontent tone that 95% of your post and threads have. If you think that is the same, then I am sorry man.. And I can see you completely missed the essence of my post to you, but since you want to take the sarcastic route, I really have nothing more to say on the matter. Just listen to the responses you are getting from other posters, shouldn't that tell you something?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#35 » by TheBluest » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:19 pm

TKF wrote:
TheBluest wrote:

bluest, look at that thread, all he did was post what mayo scored, nothing more, nothing less. It definately doesn't have the same malcontent tone that 95% of your post and threads have. If you think that is the same, then I am sorry man.. And I can see you completely missed the essence of my post to you, but since you want to take the sarcastic route, I really have nothing more to say on the matter. Just listen to the responses you are getting from other posters, shouldn't that tell you something?

Actually I've seen quite a few responses stating they wanted us to draft Gordon also... maybe you are ignoring those and tunnel visioning the ones that have rebutted with a who cares. Oh well!
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#36 » by Paeds » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:09 pm

I'm gonna keep it Real. I wanted Gordon or Bayless if OJ was gone but thats before I saw gallo play and more Importantly saw how Tall the kid was.

Gordon Bayless ,and Nate seem to be repetitive.

We have a nice trio of young Forwards wilson 6'8, Lee 6'9, Gallo 6'10 who all have different skills.

Gordon was also hurt so If gallo comes back soon and plays well all will be forgotten
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#37 » by Assassin_1 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:23 pm

BugsBunny wrote:
J-Slim wrote:I wanted us to trade up to OJ or draft Gordon this guy was great tonight I was hoping we draft him but his height made me doubtful. I also liked Alexander/ Randolph but we made a good chioce chosing Gallinari we needed some buddy that didn't care about stats and cared about winning, by the way its 1 preseason game he was just hot.

So you're saying Gordon, Bayless doesn't care about winning they just care about stats? :-?

Younger players tend to do so and you can tell they do when they start to slack on defense so they can save their energy for the other side of the court. And we have Nate taking minutes at the 2 also and he wouldn't get as many with Bayless or Godon on the court.
Slimpack
Lead Assistant
And1: 83

Post#38 » by Slimpack » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:35 pm

I liked Gordon as well, but he wasn't who I would have picked at 6. (my pick was actually Joe Alexander who's been pretty sucky so far :-S ). I do think Gordon is very talented though. In fact he was my choice for the Knick's pick at some point, but His horrible second half of the season at Indiana scared me off. I know he had a wrist problem but to me his bad play was more than that. His shot selection and performance against better competition was really bad, and that made me not want the Knicks to take him.

If he turns out to be really good then I guess there will be egg on my face as well.
-steez-
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#39 » by -steez- » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:50 pm

It's quite obvious to me that based off this one preseason game, Eric Gordon is a lock to win the MVP, rookie of the year, the sixth man of the year, most improved player, start for the west in the all star game, and win the NBA Finals by himself 1 vs 5 against the Celtics. All of these accolades would then be rolled up into a platinum orb by the NBA and awarded to him with there being a statue built for him outside of the Staples Arena as this ceremony is going on.

"Only in the NBA can you make a shot on Monday and have it count on Tuesday."
- Walt "Clyde" Frazier
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,803

Post#40 » by duetta » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:03 pm

I keep looking at this thread and thinking, where's the reference to Kenyon Martin? He's K-Mart. Not Kevin Martin.

Return to New York Knicks