ImageImageImageImageImage

FWIW: Warriors announcer on radio talking trade

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,670

Re: FWIW: Warriors announcer on radio talking trade 

Post#41 » by god shammgod » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:01 pm

if harrington doesn't perform amazingly well and lee is traded the fan base is going to really turn on walsh. but we knew this would happen, lee is not d'antoni's type of player. i wonder if they're going to try to start harrington at center ?
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#42 » by TheBluest » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:06 pm

god shammgod wrote:if harrington doesn't perform amazingly well and lee is traded the fan base is going to really turn on walsh. but we knew this would happen, lee is not d'antoni's type of player. i wonder if they're going to try to start harrington at center ?

Went from trying to get Mayo for Lee to now getting Harrington 4 Lee.

GET ER DONE GRRRRRRRRRRR!
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#43 » by TheBluest » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:09 pm

If Lee gets limited to no minutes tonight.......
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#44 » by ctorres » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:11 pm

At least a Harrington/Randolph frontcourt should be better offensively than a Lee/Randolph frontcourt.

Lee has been struggling recently.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,359

Post#45 » by blueNorange » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:12 pm

TheBluest wrote:If Lee gets limited to no minutes tonight.......

that usually happens when the trade is waiting for approval ... till then i guess it's just talks.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#46 » by Jose7 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:18 pm

We better get some type of center in a deal involving Lee.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Knicksfan20
RealGM
And1: 5,759

Post#47 » by Knicksfan20 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:20 pm

**** harrington, get us gerald wallace

Randolph
Chandler
Wallace
Crawford
Duhon

thats sexy
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#48 » by TheBluest » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:22 pm

Jose7© wrote:We better get some type of center in a deal involving Lee.

Dude you know we're only looking to acquire offensive players.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#49 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:23 pm

TrueWarrior wrote:Chandler can be a power forward in Mike Ds system. We just need a taller center to play alongside him. If Gallo starts at the 3 though he would make up for Chandlers lack of size at the 4 a little bit too.

Or starting Harrington with Lee and Zach works too. It spreads the floor, we remain a fast team and it makes up for our lack of size at the 5.

Lee doesnt have to go just because we are potentially adding Harrington.

Besides if we trade Lee it'd better be for a better deal than this one.

Harrington is totally overrated. hes good but isnt worth these two

and I find itr astounding how people are jumping all around now saying that we have a chance to be under the cap and still keep randolph. why'd we want to keep randolph? we need to upgrade to a two way player. Zach has been playing great but we should still trade him asap. Move him at his higest value for youth and two way play or picks
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#50 » by RutgersBJJ » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:24 pm

harrington is a better player than Lee. This is a good deal. We all knew we were going to have to use Lee to get rid of Curry or Randolph, and now the time has come.

I hope we can include Crawford in this deal some how.

I have a feeling this is fake though. I do not understand why Brown would sign off on getting Eddy Curry again.

I mean Curry would seem to work well next to Okafur, but still, Brown hates him.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,882

Post#51 » by Jose7 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:28 pm

We already get raped on the glass now we're going to have Harrington park on the 3 pt line jacking up treys and continue our terrible offensive trends of one and done. I want a damn shot blocking, rebounding, defensive minded center.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Post#52 » by duetta » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm not against trading Lee in the RIGHT DEAL, but this ain't it. I don't want Harrington, except in a salary dump of Curry.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#53 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:33 pm

Ahh I love trade rumors when people jump to conclusions, like noted in the thread its funny that we would be trading Curry and Lee. However since is being involved in the deal we have to get something good back. I mean the Spurs trade Malik Rose who plays defense, they have to throw in two first rounders for an expiring contract. I think the potential prospect or pick we would get would be a second rounder if this every escalated from more then just talks.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
supergallinari
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#54 » by supergallinari » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:41 pm

we better get belinelli
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#55 » by ctorres » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:44 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:and I find itr astounding how people are jumping all around now saying that we have a chance to be under the cap and still keep randolph. why'd we want to keep randolph? we need to upgrade to a two way player. Zach has been playing great but we should still trade him asap. Move him at his higest value for youth and two way play or picks

If you want to attract free-agents, you need some star talent that will make them want to come. Zach Randolph is someone who players on other teams would respect.

If you have a team full of projects, not that many players are going to want to come to the Knicks.

Getting "two way players" is easier said than done. It's not out of the question to have a successful team with Randolph having a role in it. It's all about balanced roster with players that compliment each other and make up for each other's flaws. Look at the Hornets for example. Is Peja Stojakovic a "two way player"? No, but it does not matter because he plays next to Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler.

Randolph is an above average rebounder and above average scorer, those types of players are not easy to come by. Other than Garnett, Brand, and Duncan, do you really think you could name that many star-quality power forwards who should be considered so-called "two way players"?

Yes, "two way players" are ideal, but try naming off the power forwards on every team in the league and see if you can't find a flaw in them.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#56 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:47 pm

exactly duetta.

If Biendris was on his way too then we could talk about it. Granted his salary is through the roof but at least he brings us back some rebounding and shot blocking in return. Even Turiaf would be ok.

But we cant be talking about trading Curry and Lee for yet another guy who camps out at the 3 point line, thinks he deserves tons of cash and playing time.

A player like Belleneli would be nice but hes totally redundant already. Jamal, nate even roberson ... these guys are already here and playing at a higher level than Belleneli. How many shooters do we need before we try to add some shotblocking?
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#57 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:49 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Ahh I love trade rumors when people jump to conclusions, like noted in the thread its funny that we would be trading Curry and Lee. However since is being involved in the deal we have to get something good back. I mean the Spurs trade Malik Rose who plays defense, they have to throw in two first rounders for an expiring contract. I think the potential prospect or pick we would get would be a second rounder if this every escalated from more then just talks.

they didnt trade Rose for an expiring alone. It was Nazr that was the key. not his contract. remember they won a title with him as a starter and major component. and those picks were very low picks
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,287

Post#58 » by nyknicks09 » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:49 pm

Pull the trigger Walsh. Make some room to sign 2 superstars in 2010. Next one should be Crawford and M.Rose(expiring contract) for hopefully Jason Kidd big expiring contract of $21 million. Walsh needs to make some moves that will open a lot of salary to sign other players that could fit Mike D'Antoni's offense.
New York Knicks
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#59 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:56 pm

ctorres wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:and I find itr astounding how people are jumping all around now saying that we have a chance to be under the cap and still keep randolph. why'd we want to keep randolph? we need to upgrade to a two way player. Zach has been playing great but we should still trade him asap. Move him at his higest value for youth and two way play or picks

If you want to attract free-agents, you need some star talent that will make them want to come. Zach Randolph is someone who players on other teams would respect.

If you have a team full of projects, not that many players are going to want to come to the Knicks.

Getting "two way players" is easier said than done. It's not out of the question to have a successful team with Randolph having a role in it. It's all about balanced roster with players that compliment each other and make up for each other's flaws. Look at the Hornets for example. Is Peja Stojakovic a "two way player"? No, but it does not matter because he plays next to Chris Paul and Tyson Chandler.

Randolph is an above average rebounder and above average scorer, those types of players are not easy to come by. Other than Garnett, Brand, and Duncan, do you really think you could name that many star-quality power forwards who should be considered so-called "two way players"?

Yes, "two way players" are ideal, but try naming off the power forwards on every team in the league and see if you can't find a flaw in them.

Im sorry. did you just say that Randolph is a star quality PF?

Or is your contention that because hes not Garnett, Brand or Duncan that hes equal to the rest of the elite PFs?

I beg to differ.

Who besides Brand, Duncan and Garnett is 2 way?
Bosh
Jermaine
Rasheed
west
jefferson
Horford
Amare
Camby
Okafur
Boozer
Lewis
etc, etc

In fact if we are talking about trading Lee Id be more interested in just trying to get a guy like Noah or Thomas in return even, not Harrington.

As far as attacking FAs Im well aware that the team needs to be competitive and built for the future. If Zach is looking like a beast then fine, we keep him. But guys like Lee are much better pieces to build around IMO. They are also the kind of guys who make a sign and trade possible and thats how most major players get moved.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#60 » by Manhattan Project » Fri Nov 7, 2008 10:58 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Ahh I love trade rumors when people jump to conclusions, like noted in the thread its funny that we would be trading Curry and Lee. However since is being involved in the deal we have to get something good back. I mean the Spurs trade Malik Rose who plays defense, they have to throw in two first rounders for an expiring contract. I think the potential prospect or pick we would get would be a second rounder if this every escalated from more then just talks.

they didnt trade Rose for an expiring alone. It was Nazr that was the key. not his contract. remember they won a title with him as a starter and major component. and those picks were very low picks

Yeah the picks were low, but at least it was low salary. Any team dealing for Lee knows that he is either a rental player or someone looking for an extension. Thats the difference, that somewhat hurts Lee's value especially if his agent likes to run his mouth. (Remember the RUMORS he killed a Memphis deal?) Is it true I dont know, but its pure speculation at this point.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones

Return to New York Knicks