ImageImageImageImageImage

LeBron James is a tool for being a yankees fan - do u agree?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

MRSAVictim
Banned User
And1: 0

LeBron James is a tool for being a yankees fan - do u agree? 

Post#1 » by MRSAVictim » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:58 pm

I must say, I dont like LeBron off the court. The guy is a native to cleveland and plays for the cavs. Hes an indians fan right? Nope, a yankees fan. Well guess what LeBron? You cant just pick a pro team to be fan of. If you arent in NY now and werent raised here, you have no business being a yankee fan. Infact, you look like a tool.

You are a sellout to cleveland. If its some coy tongue in cheek tease of coming to the knicks or nets, guess what? NY doesnt like sellouts.

So again, you cant just decide to be a yankee fan. My guess is you thought Jay-Z looked cool ands hip in a yankees cap and you listened to hos music while you were in cleveland daydreaming about being a gangsta.

LeBron you are a sellout and will never be a new yorker. You will never be jay-z.
superjay779
Rookie
And1: 70

Re: LeBron James is a tool for being a yankees fan - do u agree? 

Post#2 » by superjay779 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:04 pm

Zerostatic
General Manager
And1: 537

Post#3 » by Zerostatic » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:08 pm

I disagree with you. While I don't like it when fans are bandwagoners and switch their favorite teams on the drop of the dime, Lebron might have grown up a Yankees fan and in that case it's ok. You don't have to be a fan of your town's team imo. I mean if you move to Utah, do your kids have to be Jazz fans or can't they have the freedom to be Knicks fans if they choose.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#4 » by Paeds » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:16 pm

I disagree, as zero said I dont like Bandwagon Fans but how could you blame anyone for being a Yankees Fan

I am from NY and I'm a Cowboys fan
Pedro Pistolas
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#5 » by Pedro Pistolas » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:24 pm

Paeds wrote:I disagree, as zero said I dont like Bandwagon Fans but how could you blame anyone for being a Yankees Fan

Just switch allegiances already. The Giants are good and so are the Jets. No reason whatsoever to be cheering for a football team that's not in your city..
jackg22
Sophomore

Post#6 » by jackg22 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm a Knicks fan and I've never been to New York. The only place I've been in America is Orlando, and I was 11 and didn't know anything about basketball then.

I'm from the UK and started getting in to the NBA when I was 15 or so (19 now) and it was when Detroit were winning and I liked Ben Wallace cause of his intensity, then that winter my family went to NY and I asked them to get me a Wallace 3 Pistons jersey, and they couldn't find one and got me a H20 road Knicks jersey instead.

So I just became a Knicks fan like that. And now I'm hooked. In England I support Newcastle United (football, or "soccer") and that's cause of them being my home town team but I support the Knicks the same. You can't accuse me of being a bandwagoner though... The Knicks haven't won ANYTHING since I started. So I wasn't around in the Ewing, BK or Frazier days. But I couldn't support another NBA team. I like players, yeah, but I couldn't switch teams.

In the UK you meet so many people who support Manchester United and they have no ties to it, and you can forgive them if they say their parents drilled it into them when they were young, but if they pick it up when they're good, and they have local teams they could support instead, it's pretty annoying.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#7 » by I_Love_NYK » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:31 pm

Yankees are America's team for baseball there are Yankee fans all over the place. Just like when the Bulls had Michael Jordan, there were Bulls fans in NY just because of Jordan.
Tony Montana
Veteran

Post#8 » by Tony Montana » Sun Nov 16, 2008 3:31 pm

MRSAVictim wrote:I must say, I dont like LeBron off the court. The guy is a native to cleveland and plays for the cavs. Hes an indians fan right? Nope, a yankees fan. Well guess what LeBron? You cant just pick a pro team to be fan of. If you arent in NY now and werent raised here, you have no business being a yankee fan. Infact, you look like a tool.

You are a sellout to cleveland. If its some coy tongue in cheek tease of coming to the knicks or nets, guess what? NY doesnt like sellouts.

So again, you cant just decide to be a yankee fan. My guess is you thought Jay-Z looked cool ands hip in a yankees cap and you listened to hos music while you were in cleveland daydreaming about being a gangsta.

LeBron you are a sellout and will never be a new yorker. You will never be jay-z.

shuuuuuut up. you can root for whoever you want tool
MRSAVictim
Banned User

Post#9 » by MRSAVictim » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:32 pm

I just think hes being a poser. I guess no one agrees with me, oh well.
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#10 » by Brownsville's Finest » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:46 pm

MRSAVictim wrote:I must say, I dont like LeBron off the court. The guy is a native to cleveland and plays for the cavs. Hes an indians fan right? Nope, a yankees fan. Well guess what LeBron? You cant just pick a pro team to be fan of. If you arent in NY now and werent raised here, you have no business being a yankee fan. Infact, you look like a tool.

cosighn
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Brownsville's Finest » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:50 pm

Paeds wrote:I disagree, as zero said I dont like Bandwagon Fans but how could you blame anyone for being a Yankees Fan

smfh
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#12 » by NoLayupRule » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:50 pm

not being a yankee {or mets, as long as it's a NY Team} is lame. I dont care where you live. Everyone in the universe should be NY franchise fans because we are the greatest ... hands down!

Support NY Sports Teams!!!!!!
Brownsville's Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Brownsville's Finest » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:51 pm

jackg22 wrote:I'm a Knicks fan and I've never been to New York. The only place I've been in America is Orlando, and I was 11 and didn't know anything about basketball then.

I'm from the UK and started getting in to the NBA when I was 15 or so (19 now) and it was when Detroit were winning and I liked Ben Wallace cause of his intensity, then that winter my family went to NY and I asked them to get me a Wallace 3 Pistons jersey, and they couldn't find one and got me a H20 road Knicks jersey instead.

So I just became a Knicks fan like that. And now I'm hooked. In England I support Newcastle United (football, or "soccer") and that's cause of them being my home town team but I support the Knicks the same. You can't accuse me of being a bandwagoner though... The Knicks haven't won ANYTHING since I started. So I wasn't around in the Ewing, BK or Frazier days. But I couldn't support another NBA team. I like players, yeah, but I couldn't switch teams.

In the UK you meet so many people who support Manchester United and they have no ties to it, and you can forgive them if they say their parents drilled it into them when they were young, but if they pick it up when they're good, and they have local teams they could support instead, it's pretty annoying.

when where your from doesnt have a team you can be a fan of whoever as long as u pick a team and stay with it
Da_Mane_Man
General Manager
And1: 1,590

Post#14 » by Da_Mane_Man » Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:57 pm

i agree, jabron lames is a poser.
KnicksManiac
RealGM
And1: 952

Post#15 » by KnicksManiac » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:08 pm

I agree. **** the Yankees. Let's go Mets!
NyKnicks1714
RealGM
And1: 24,791

Post#16 » by NyKnicks1714 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:40 pm

Obviously a frontrunner, if you grow up in Akron you should be an Indians fan, period. And if you grow up anywhere outside of NY, you should hate the Yankees. Good sports fans hate teams like the Yankees and Patriots.
uapeople
Senior

Post#17 » by uapeople » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:08 pm

it makes me sick!

i want wade now.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 582

Post#18 » by nyknicks2k2 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:18 pm

This is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). If there was even a slight chance that Bron being a Yankees fan meant he'd give more considering to coming to the Knicks then that's awesome.

The fact that I might get to see a NY MLS team win a title before the Knicks makes me sad.
Da_James_Gang
Junior

Post#19 » by Da_James_Gang » Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:26 pm

Here's the story:

Lebron grew up liking the Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys. 3 teams that were very popular in the 90's when Lebron was a kid. Lebron's father wasn't in his life to basically get him attached to his home teams. So like any other little kid might do, they get drawn in by the best/most popular teams at the time. He loved MJ so therefore he loved the Bulls, and the Yankees/Cowboys were winning everything in the 90's. So i can live with that as a Cavs fans, thats why i don't know why anybody brings up the Yankee thing so much. You figured they might be worried about him wanting to go to the Bulls if he was gonna leave lol because that was his favorite basketball team.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#20 » by Paeds » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Just switch allegiances already. The Giants are good and so are the Jets. No reason whatsoever to be cheering for a football team that's not in your city..

I love the Giants and root for them

The reason I am a cowboys fan is somebody gave me a cowboy football helmut for Xmas when I was young.

Thats when they weres Americas team with tony dorset, Roger Staubach, Danny White, Ozzie nesome, Hil etc......

Return to New York Knicks