ImageImageImageImageImage

LeBron James is a tool for being a yankees fan - do u agree?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

GuyverADL
Banned User
And1: 15

Re: LeBron James is a tool for being a yankees fan - do u agree? 

Post#21 » by GuyverADL » Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:27 pm

So you cant be a fan of a team from another city?
HitMan52
Starter
And1: 33

Post#22 » by HitMan52 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am

Da_James_Gang wrote:Here's the story:

Lebron grew up liking the Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys. 3 teams that were very popular in the 90's when Lebron was a kid. Lebron's father wasn't in his life to basically get him attached to his home teams. So like any other little kid might do, they get drawn in by the best/most popular teams at the time. He loved MJ so therefore he loved the Bulls, and the Yankees/Cowboys were winning everything in the 90's. So i can live with that as a Cavs fans, thats why i don't know why anybody brings up the Yankee thing so much. You figured they might be worried about him wanting to go to the Bulls if he was gonna leave lol because that was his favorite basketball team.

I saw LeBron James sporting and rooting for the Browns on a Monday Night Football Game in his rookie year and now he is wearing Cowboy gear.

Im a Bulls fan but I live and grew up in California and you will never see me where the Kings, Laker, Clipper, or Warriors gear.
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#23 » by OoAnd1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:52 am

MRSAVictim wrote:I just think hes being a poser. I guess no one agrees with me, oh well.

I agree with you. Especially since the Indians are somewhat rivals. It's one thing if your main team is an NL team and then you also like the Yankees... but a Yankee fan from Clev.... his parents better be from NY.

I don't like LeBron. I hope he doesn't become a Knick. I know the dude is going to go down as one of the greats but I don't like buying good teams. I think F/As you bring to a team should be role players you need... but you should draft and develop your own guys. Or at least be good enough where you can trade for other good players. But just buying great players.... lame.

He was drafted by Clev... if they offer him the max... he should stay there. I respect guys like Ewing and Jordan and not sellouts like Shaq.
NYStateofMind
Lead Assistant
And1: 4

Post#24 » by NYStateofMind » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:34 am

The ignorance going around in this thread is ridiculous.
MRSAVictim
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by MRSAVictim » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:56 am

if you are from another country or a state with no pro team, then by all means be a yankee fan. But, if you are in the usa and your state has a pro team and you were raided there and play there, you better root for those teams.
I_Love_NYK
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#26 » by I_Love_NYK » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:31 am

Who said you have to be from New York to be a Yankees fan?

The Yankees are America's Team.
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#27 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 am

he is a tool because he is a front runner. People from another area that like a great team are just front runners and show their true character, or lack there of.

if your area does not have a team, or you are from another country then this doesn't really apply to you.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:39 am

Lebron grew up liking the Bulls, Yankees, and Cowboys. 3 teams that were very popular in the 90's when Lebron was a kid. Lebron's father wasn't in his life to basically get him attached to his home teams. So like any other little kid might do, they get drawn in by the best/most popular teams at the time. He loved MJ so therefore he loved the Bulls, and the Yankees/Cowboys were winning everything in the 90's. So i can live with that as a Cavs fans, thats why i don't know why anybody brings up the Yankee thing so much. You figured they might be worried about him wanting to go to the Bulls if he was gonna leave lol because that was his favorite basketball team.

What a freaking frontrunner... 3 of the fruitiest teams in the universe... no wonder Skip Brainless hates him so much...
RutgersBJJ
General Manager
And1: 125

Post#29 » by RutgersBJJ » Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:59 am

mjhp911 wrote:

What a freaking frontrunner... 3 of the fruitiest teams in the universe... no wonder Skip Brainless hates him so much...

i think skip hates him bc he is a closet racist, it just does suck that skip turns out to be right a lot of the time. Especially with his Lebron and TO stuff.
RIP Jared Jeffries. Gone but never forgotten...2006-2012
NY The Truth
Sophomore

Post#30 » by NY The Truth » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:10 am

if your home city/state has a team u should root for that team. if you relocate than i guess you can root for your new cities team. James isn't a tool for rooting for the yankees, but he is not a true yankee fan.
thefuriousfive
Rookie

Post#31 » by thefuriousfive » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:55 am

it is a little suspect. he's a cowboys and yankees fan. hmmm...
ImmortalD24
Assistant Coach
And1: 281

Post#32 » by ImmortalD24 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:13 am

thefuriousfive wrote:it is a little suspect. he's a cowboys and yankees fan. hmmm...
And a Bulls fan. :lol:
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#33 » by prekazi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:33 pm

umm LeBron is not trying to be a New Yorker. New York is trying to get LeBron to save their franchise.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
prekazi
General Manager
And1: 1

Post#34 » by prekazi » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:38 pm

RutgersBJJ wrote:

i think skip hates him bc he is a closet racist, it just does suck that skip turns out to be right a lot of the time. Especially with his Lebron and TO stuff.

Skip hates LeBron because it's his job. ESPN needs to feed both the LeBron haters and fans.
"Die Freiheit ist immer nur Freiheit der Andersdenkenden." R.Luxemburg

http://twitter.com/prekazi
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,668

Post#35 » by prophet_of_rage » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:44 pm

When did we turn into 12 year old girls? This is nonsense. It's not like he's saying he's a Knick fan. He says he loves the Yankees. So what, they would be the team when he was growing up. I live in Toronto and I hate the Raptors because they don't play a style of basketball I enjoy. I love the Yankees and hate the Red Sox, I couldn't care less about the Blue Jays. So what? I can enjoy a sport without having to be a raving lunatic for the home town team. That's bandwagonning and posing, if you ask me.
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by mjhp911 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:52 pm

The Cavs and the Brownies of the 90's weren't that bad. I don't know about the Indians, I don't keep up with much in that junior league. It seems this guy just picked the teams that were easy to root for then. Classic bandwagoner/frontrunner, if you asked me.
Da_James_Gang
Junior

Post#37 » by Da_James_Gang » Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:27 am

mjhp911 wrote:The Cavs and the Brownies of the 90's weren't that bad. I don't know about the Indians, I don't keep up with much in that junior league. It seems this guy just picked the teams that were easy to root for then. Classic bandwagoner/frontrunner, if you asked me.

Lol well he was a bandwagnoner but you also need to take into consideration that he was very young. In 1995 for example he was only 10 years old lol. So i don't blame him really, he didnt have his dad there to watch cleveland games with. I doubt his mom was like "hey son watch the tribe game with me". So he was just drawn to the popular teams........

Return to New York Knicks