ImageImageImageImageImage

1/27/09 - 2/3/09 Trade Thread

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

EchelonNYK
RealGM
And1: 6,660

Re: 1/27/09 - 2/3/09 Trade Thread 

Post#81 » by EchelonNYK » Sun Feb 1, 2009 12:54 am

I never knew Hibert is from Queens?!? wow.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,861

Post#82 » by cgf » Sun Feb 1, 2009 11:51 pm

420520620720 wrote:
btrue wrote:The one move the Knicks should attempt, First to keep it simple, Send Stephon Marbury to Toronto
along with Cash and Future Considerations for Jermaine O'Neal. This move will anchor us in the
middle for the rest of this year. Our Lineup

SF Al Harrington

PF David Lee

C Jermaine O'Neal

PG Chris Duhonate
SG Wilson Chandler

With: Nate, Tim, Q, JJ, & Gallo off the Bench.

Your Thoughts?

My thoughts as a raptor fan are that You need jos 23 million expiring contract to properly rebuild your billion dollar franchise in 2010.
So how about WE take currys albatross contract off your hands and get your first this year + chandler +nate+jefferies
for oneal +kapono
Something in that neighborhood is more realistic.
Right now marion is on the table and there is zero chance i promise you of colangelo taking marbury.

I somehow doubt donnie gives up chandler and nate to dump eddy curry, although losing both curry and jeffries is awful tempting. If it were, say, curry, nate and Malik for JO that would be something I could see Donnie pulling the trigger on. Still leaves us with Jeffries, but he barely makes more than the MLE and he is a very good glue guy who improves the entire team's defense when he's on the court and could be worth a little more than the MLE to some defensively challenged playoff team for an expiring.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,213

Post#83 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Feb 2, 2009 4:34 am

I'm a Laker fan first who roots for the Knicks as well.

Would the Knicks be interested in:
Walton, Radmanovic, Farmar, and Mihm
for
Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries

According to my math, having Radmanovic and Walton in 2010 will account for about 11 mill, while having Curry and Jeffries will account for about 17 mill in 2010.

Radmanovic might be able to be traded again before 2010 to a team in need of a shooter if his value can be raised (I think it can if the Knicks dump some of their other forwards which should open up minutes for Radman to shoot the ball).

Unfortunately, I don't see Walton being able to traded unless they package him with Chandler.

Two untradeable scrubs for two scrubs (one untradeable, one tradeable), Farmar, and 6 million dollars of relief in 2010.

Your thoughts?
livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Re: Could we get Kevin Durant? 

Post#84 » by livintoolive » Mon Feb 2, 2009 7:28 am

xxrainnn wrote:It would take something like a Chris Paul caliber player to get him, and even that is debatable.

Ok, ok, ok. Please tell me HOW IN THE HELL is this debatable? Do you honestly think there is a single person with even mediocre basketball knowledge who would not give up Kevin Durant for Chris Paul? No disrespect to Durant, but CP3 is one of the top 3 players you would choose today to start a franchise with and arguably already a top 4 MVP candidate (Kobe, Lebron, Paul...Dwight?)
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,861

Post#85 » by cgf » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:53 am

ALL HAIL wrote:I'm a Laker fan first who roots for the Knicks as well.

Would the Knicks be interested in:
Walton, Radmanovic, Farmar, and Mihm
for
Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries

According to my math, having Radmanovic and Walton in 2010 will account for about 11 mill, while having Curry and Jeffries will account for about 17 mill in 2010.

Radmanovic might be able to be traded again before 2010 to a team in need of a shooter if his value can be raised (I think it can if the Knicks dump some of their other forwards which should open up minutes for Radman to shoot the ball).

Unfortunately, I don't see Walton being able to traded unless they package him with Chandler.

Two untradeable scrubs for two scrubs (one untradeable, one tradeable), Farmar, and 6 million dollars of relief in 2010.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, that's a trade that would really benefit us, neither radman or walton is as hard to trade as eddy curry and in our system either one could put up good enough numbers to get someone interested.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
Ris_4.4
Junior
And1: 0

Post#86 » by Ris_4.4 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 11:22 am

Too many SF's coming back to the knicks. yes we get our backup PG and a decetnt C to spell Lee, or even start, but now we have Walton, Radmanovic, Chandler, Gallo, Harrington, and Thomas at the foward spots.
"I tell the truth, even when I lie" - Scarface
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Feb 2, 2009 2:46 pm

you're right too many sfs, but imo thomas could get lost and walton won't see the light of day. that leaves four FORWARDS in the rotation. 4 guys who can play both sf and pf in gallo, radman, chandler, and harrington.

i'd try my hardest to dump chandler with walton (very hard) so that radman can play enough minutes to be showcased and subsequently dumped for an expiring.

if walton could be dumped with chandler, and radman could be moved for an expiring, that would leave the knicks with roughly 52 million to spend on lebron, wade, and a couple of defensive, rebounding bigs (camby, varajeo and/or haslem).
Jajwanda
General Manager
And1: 105

Post#88 » by Jajwanda » Mon Feb 2, 2009 7:12 pm

I'd propose a simpler trade that benefits New York similarly (there is no way in hell we give Farmar in a trash deal with trash being dealt to both sides).

- Walton+expiring filler (Mihm, Sun Yue, Mbenga) for Eddy Curry.

NY: Gains 6m in cap room in 2010 which is the difference between a max player and an overpaid guy the level of Richard Jefferson.
LA: Gets out of their five-year contract far more quickly and gets a guy who in the triangle can restart his career giving us a top backup scoring option inside off the bench. Also clears the clutter at the SF position. Who knows with playing time Curry could possibly even be traded in the future or decide to go for a long-term deal in 2010 while he's still young.
ALL HAIL
Lead Assistant

Post#89 » by ALL HAIL » Mon Feb 2, 2009 7:56 pm

give the lakers curry and jeffries

for only wallton, radman, and Mihm (no farmar).

The knicks are a step closer to clearing space and signing wade and james.

I say clear the roster if the pieces are too expensive or are just a bad fit with lebron and wade.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,577

Post#90 » by ctorres » Mon Feb 2, 2009 8:20 pm

I posted this at Alan Hahn's blog:

I would do two trades to improve the Knicks roster. However, I don't know if the Kings and Bulls would agree to these trades:

Knicks send: Malik Rose, Jerome James
Bulls send: Larry Hughes

Knicks send: Stephon Marbury, Anthony Roberson
Kings send: Brad Miller, Kenny Thomas

In the games he's played this season, Hughes has actually been good for the Bulls. Hughes thrives playing on a running system, has shot a good 3-pt percentage the last few seasons, can defend the PG/SG/SF spots, and he may be a better penetrator than Duhon. Hughes is not really a point guard, but he has the playmaking skills to allow Nate Robinson to be a scorer when he comes off the bench (especially with Hughes being 6'5). He also expires on 2010. Hughes to me fits everything that Walsh is supposedley looking for in a 2-guard. Buls would do this deal if they can't find any better deal for Hughes. It saves them the money necessary to re-sign Ben Gordon next season.

I have always felt that Brad Miller would be an excellent fit under D'Antoni's system. He is a great passing big men and his shooting range goes beyond the 3-point line. Miller would also improve the team defensively. Taking Kenny Thomas would be a heavy price to pay, but at least both Miller and Thomas expire by 2010. I think getting a center like Miller is well worth taking Thomas' contract as well. Like the Bulls, the Kings would do this deal if they cannot get a better offer.

PG: Chris Duhon
SG: Larry Hughes
SF: Quentin Richardson
PF: David Lee
C: Brad Miller
--------------------------------------
Al Harrington
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Tim Thomas
Jared Jeffries

Now this team would be very deep. My only concern would be keeping all the egos in check.
Johnny Hoops
RealGM
And1: 2,212

Perfect Marbury trade... 

Post#91 » by Johnny Hoops » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:02 pm

B Miller and B Jackson for Steph.

Kings clear $11M next year on Miller's deal.

Knicks get a legit starting center to replace Jefferies and a back-up point who can shoot the ball and defend.

I think Jackson expires after this season and next year Miller is a valuable $11.4M expiring deal.

This Trade Succeeded! Go back to adjust your trade or start over.
New York Knicks

Incoming Players
Brad Miller
Salary: $11,375,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.9 REB: 8.0 AST: 3.4 PER: 16.03

Bobby Jackson
Salary: $6,487,888 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.2 REB: 2.4 AST: 1.6 PER: 10.55

Outgoing Players: Stephon MarburySacramento Kings

Incoming Players
Stephon Marbury
Salary: $20,840,625 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Brad Miller, Bobby Jackson
ctorres
RealGM

Re: Perfect Marbury trade... 

Post#92 » by ctorres » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:06 pm

I don't think the Kings would do that deal without getting a draft pick or a young player. That's how the deals for Artest and Bibby went (cap relief + draft pick). To get Brad Miller from them for Marbury without giving up a young player or draft pick, we would have to take on Kenny Thomas.

Also Johnny Hoops, there is a trade thread to post this sort of deal, rather than making this a seperate thread. You're a well respected veteran around these parts. Like Mark Jackson would say, "You're better than that!".
defjux21
Analyst
And1: 85

Post#93 » by defjux21 » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:08 pm

Personnel wise I don't mind the trade.

However, the last thing a rebuilding team like the Kings need is a personality like Marbs.

We also need another roster spot.
ctorres
RealGM

Post#94 » by ctorres » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:15 pm

The Kings do this deal for Marbury's contract, not for what he can bring to the team.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#95 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:17 pm

You don't give up a large expiring contract for Miller/Bobby Jax. If we did that stupid sh_t, we better get an unconditional draft pick in 2010. We're carrying 20mil in salary plus its associated luxtax hit next year in a trade like this.
bbking
Senior
And1: 2

Post#96 » by bbking » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:21 pm

Are you kidding? New York will shell out over 12 mils next year on Miller's contract and double that with the luxuary tax just for a 32 year old center who is on his last leg. I don't think so. Add Jeffies and take back one of their bigs (Kenny Thomas, Mikki Moore, etc) who have two year contracts. But I do think Maloof brothers and Geoff Petrie are very shrewd businessmen and probably won't help out Knicks even though they do save some money next year.
ctorres
RealGM

Post#97 » by ctorres » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:23 pm

StutterStep wrote:You don't give up a large expiring contract for Miller/Bobby Jax. If we did that stupid sh_t, we better get an unconditional draft pick in 2010. We're carrying 20mil in salary plus its associated luxtax hit next year in a trade like this.

Bobby Jax expires this season.

It's not like Miller is a scrub (though TKF will disagree with me on him). Miller is still a very good center and one of the very few in this league that you can fit in D'Antoni's system. With Miller, this team would not be undersized, and could still run.

Unless Dolan is strapped for cash these days, I really think a move for Miller (rather than Jermaine O'Neal) could make this team a lot better.
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#98 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:25 pm

ctorres wrote:
StutterStep wrote:You don't give up a large expiring contract for Miller/Bobby Jax. If we did that stupid sh_t, we better get an unconditional draft pick in 2010. We're carrying 20mil in salary plus its associated luxtax hit next year in a trade like this.

Bobby Jax expires this season.

It's not like Miller is a scrub (though TKF will disagree with me on him). Miller is still a very good center and one of the very few in this league that you can fit in D'Antoni's system. With Miller, this team would not be undersized, and could still run.

Unless Dolan is strapped for cash these days, I really think a move for Miller (rather than Jermaine O'Neal) could make this team a lot better.

Last week, I made a post stating we should trade Harrington for Miller so I know he's not a scrub. But I'm not moving an expiring for him unless they're throwing in a pick.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,884

Post#99 » by NoLayupRule » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:29 pm

how is Brad Miller any kind of upgrade for us?
StutterStep
RealGM

Post#100 » by StutterStep » Mon Feb 2, 2009 9:30 pm

NoLayupRule wrote:how is Brad Miller any kind of upgrade for us?

Size and can hit the midrange jumper up to 20feet with no problem. He'd be a great big off the bench, or next to Lee when we start facing teams with size. If we were to get hit with any injury issue to Jeffries or Lee, he'd be great to have.

Return to New York Knicks