ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Guys How Is Scott Skiles Doing It?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

OT: Guys How Is Scott Skiles Doing It? 

Post#1 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:27 am

I mean he doesn't have David Lee automatic double double guy, he doesn't have Nate The Great Robinson, he doesn't have Duhon's Recreational Drug... ALBALLHOG, he doesn't have Assist record breaker Duhon, he doesn't have CHANPONYCHIP ILLSON, he doesn't have SSOL, he doesn't have Washed Up....His star player has missed about 20gms, his starting center has missed about 15gms, his starting point guard is now out with a broken hand yet they keep clinging to that 8th spot and have practically held it down all season.

Phenomenal Job by Skiles at this point... miss or make the playoffs

I think if they made the playoffs it could help them go a long way, especially for their young players like Balloon Lipped Prince Richard, Joe Jump Out The Gym Alexander, Albino CV, and Ramon Sessions. I could see them making some serious noise in the playoffs.

Anyone agree?
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 574

Re: OT: Guys How Is Scott Skiles Doing It? 

Post#2 » by nyknicks2k2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:31 am

You forgot "Mike D'Antonio Vargas".
defjux21
Analyst
And1: 85

Post#3 » by defjux21 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:32 am

They play defense. Unfortunately that's not in our vocabulary quite yet.

They're probably better suited without Redd considering how much of a black hole he is on offense.

I still expect a trade to be made though.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by nyknicks2k2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:33 am

TheBluest wrote:I think it if they made the playoffs it could help them go a long way especially for their young players like Balloon Lipped Prince Richard, Joe Jump Out The Gym Alexander, Albino CV, and Ramon Sessions. I could see them making some serious noise in the playoffs.

Also, how come when people say this about the Knicks, they are idiots but it fits with the Bucks?
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#5 » by Nolan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 am

Skiles took a Bucks team that played ZERO defense in seasons previous and has somehow managed to turn them into a good defensive team and despite all the injuries if they can continue to play solid defense on a daily basis they'll have a serious shot at holding onto that 8th seed. If they make the playoffs Skiles will automatically be the favorite for COY.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#6 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 am

nyknicks2k2 wrote:You forgot "Mike D'Antonio Vargas".

Rolled into SSOL.

What are your thoughts on the Bucks in general?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#7 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:35 am

nyknicks2k2 wrote:
TheBluest wrote:I think it if they made the playoffs it could help them go a long way especially for their young players like Balloon Lipped Prince Richard, Joe Jump Out The Gym Alexander, Albino CV, and Ramon Sessions. I could see them making some serious noise in the playoffs.

Also, how come when people say this about the Knicks, they are idiots but it fits with the Bucks?

What color font was I supposed to put that paragraph in?
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,770

Post#8 » by ezmoney707 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:36 am

I think they are just a disciplined team. They never go away from what got them a lead. They stick with the game plan and they don't try to do anything that they can't do. This something our team has a big problem with. With that said Mike D is a good coach, but you got some knuckle heads that are still stuck in their loser ways.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#9 » by StutterStep » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:36 am

Bad not night for our playoffs chances, but very good for our lottery position, right?

Bobcats win. Clips lose.
Bucks win. Rox lose.
Sixers win. Suns lose.
Grizz win. NOH lose.

Weird night indeed! Makes last night look more pathetic!

People thought I was off my rockers when I said Bucks would make the playoffs. With all the injuries they're still beating good teams.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by nyknicks2k2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 am

TheBluest wrote:
nyknicks2k2 wrote:You forgot "Mike D'Antonio Vargas".

Rolled into SSOL.

What are your thoughts on the Bucks in general?

Skiles is doing a great job, no doubt. I don't think anyone can say anything bad about his ability to teach D. We'll see if what happens in Chi happens in Mil. I'm not a huge fan of the roster though to be honest.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by nyknicks2k2 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:37 am

TheBluest wrote:
nyknicks2k2 wrote:

What color font was I supposed to put that paragraph in?

Green. With you, it's hard as hell to tell sarcasm.
BBALLER4FR
RealGM
And1: 8,193

Post#12 » by BBALLER4FR » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:38 am

nyknicks2k2 wrote:

Thank god you said it! With the Knicks it's "We don't need to back into the playoffs just to get trounced by Boston or Cleveland!"....meanwhile it's cool for Milwaukee to make the playoffs because it could help them go a long way especially for their young players

:roll:
Those last 70 seconds, Randle in a nut shell.

Awful 2 for 1 3PT attempt when we are up 2
Doesn’t close out on Sabonis --> open 3
Takes another side step off balance 3

We got sucked into the Randle vortex where all good feelings go to die.

Buttah304
NYKProspect
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#13 » by NYKProspect » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 am

they play Defense and they dont have a guy named Jared effries..
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#14 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:39 am

Nolan wrote:Skiles took a Bucks team that played ZERO defense in seasons previous and has somehow managed to turn them into a good defensive team and despite all the injuries if they can continue to play solid defense on a daily basis they'll have a serious shot at holding onto that 8th seed. If they make the playoffs Skiles will automatically be the favorite for COY.

Dude now come on. I think he's getting some results but I'd rank Goerge Karl, Nate McMillan, Eric Sploestra ahead of him .
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#15 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:43 am

BBALLER4FR wrote:
nyknicks2k2 wrote:

Thank god you said it! With the Knicks it's "We don't need to back into the playoffs just to get trounced by Boston or Cleveland!"....meanwhile it's cool for Milwaukee to make the playoffs because it could help them go a long way especially for their young players

:roll:

I see you didn't pick up on it either do you agree it would be extremely beneficial if the Bucks made the playoffs for their young players? Would you see them making a leap next yr because of it?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#16 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:48 am

StutterStep wrote:Bad not night for our playoffs chances, but very good for our lottery position, right?

Bobcats win. Clips lose.
Bucks win. Rox lose.
Sixers win. Suns lose.
Grizz win. NOH lose.

Weird night indeed! Makes last night look more pathetic!

People thought I was off my rockers when I said Bucks would make the playoffs. With all the injuries they're still beating good teams.

We beat a couple good teams too during the 7-10 stretch but how far do you think making the playoffs takes their team?

I'm happy they won it only helps us inch toward a stronger chance at rebuilding. If we lose the next 2 it starts to get real intriguing. I see the Bobcats, Pacers, Warriors, OKC making mini runs. If the Raps and Kings could make some kind of trade to change the tide oh what joy. We're in the 11th spot now Top 5 is definitely within reach because this team is capable of losing 6-8gms in a row.
TKF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 116

Post#17 » by TKF » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:54 am

nyknicks2k2 wrote:

good one.....
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#18 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:56 am

TKF wrote:
nyknicks2k2 wrote:

exactly..!! you beat me to it... good question.. I would love to hear that answer...

Keep reading the thread and then answer my question(s) asked shortly thereafter.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#19 » by StutterStep » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:02 am

TheBluest wrote:We beat a couple good teams too during the 7-10 stretch but how far do you think making the playoffs takes their team?

How far? What exactly does that mean? They have a veteran roster with three key injuries: Redd, Bogut and Ridnour. I'm not sure if Bogut/Ridnour come back this year but with Jefferson/Bogans/CV, that would be 4 vets mixed in with their young ones (Sessions, Mboute, Alexander).

What's the harm if they get the 14th or 15th pick? If they to the lottery and luck out, they'd get a top 3 pick but whose spot is he going to take immediately? Their situation is different from ours. They made the Jefferson and Ridnour trade with contending in mind. They never uttered 2010 FTW! They got hit with an injury and got Bogans to fill the SG role. They want to make the playoffs!
NYKProspect
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#20 » by NYKProspect » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:08 am

TKF wrote:
nyknicks2k2 wrote:

good one.....

well i dont really have the answer but this just my opinion..

I think is good for the bucks to make the playoffs because they already have the main positions filled with young guys that can only get better
PG-Sessions- (good pass first PG, he gets those assist)
SG-redd ( still young,can b traded if something)
SF- Jefferson/alexander ( RJ-good solid player, still kinda young) (alexander-young rookie can dunk like crazy
PF-C.V (good solid player, starting to play well can only get better.)
C- Bogut ( young solid center,double-double guy, good defender again, can only get better.)

so all these guys probably are going to play together for the next couple of year. so by making the playoffs they all grow and gain experience together..

As for the knicks we dont know who is going to be here past 2010 and the two only players that we know that are going to be here are gallo and illson. so if we make the playoffs and then a year or 2 later everybody is gone, how does that help?

Return to New York Knicks