ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Guys How Is Scott Skiles Doing It?

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Re: OT: Guys How Is Scott Skiles Doing It? 

Post#21 » by StutterStep » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:11 am

xrsl108x wrote:well i dont really have the answer but this just my opinion..

I think is good for the bucks to make the playoffs because they already have the main positions filled with young guys that can only get better
PG-Sessions- (good pass first PG, he gets those assist)
SG-redd ( still young,can b traded if something)
SF- Jefferson/alexander ( RJ-good solid player, still kinda young) (alexander-young rookie can dunk like crazy
PF-C.V (good solid player, starting to play well can only get better.)
C- Bogut ( young solid center,double-double guy, good defender again, can only get better.)

so all these guys probably are going to play together for the next couple of year. so by making the playoffs they all grow and gain experience together..

As for the knicks we dont know who is going to be here past 2010 and the two only players that we know that are going to be here are gallo and illson. so if we make the playoffs and then a year or 2 later everybody is gone, how does that help?

Solid post, but wouldn't you agree that "2010" has everybody spinning in circles?
NYKProspect
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#22 » by NYKProspect » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:15 am

StutterStep wrote:

I think is good for the bucks to make the playoffs because they already have the main positions filled with young guys that can only get better
SF- Jefferson/alexander ( RJ-good solid player, still kinda young) (alexander-young rookie can dunk like crazy
C- Bogut ( young solid center,double-double guy, good defender again, can only get better.)

so all these guys probably are going to play together for the next couple of year. so by making the playoffs they all grow and gain experience together..

As for the knicks we dont know who is going to be here past 2010 and the two only players that we know that are going to be here are gallo and illson. so if we make the playoffs and then a year or 2 later everybody is gone, how does that help?

Solid post, but wouldn't you agree that "2010" has everybody spinning in circles?

you are correct sir it has everybody going crazy i just hope everything works out the way we want it to.. :pray:
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#23 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:28 am

Your points about the Bucks are very solid I'll also add in the fact their Center is a #1 draft pick and their starting 2guard was maxed out the same season their Center was picked #1. Plus he's an Olympian They've only made the playoffs once since. Their starting 3 has tons of playoff experience. They traded for a lottery pick in CV and just drafted a lottery pick in Alexander. They don't have any cap flexibility until 2011... for them not to make the playoffs is very troubling because what more could you ask for?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#24 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:35 am

StutterStep wrote:
TheBluest wrote:We beat a couple good teams too during the 7-10 stretch but how far do you think making the playoffs takes their team?

How far? What exactly does that mean? They have a veteran roster with three key injuries: Redd, Bogut and Ridnour. I'm not sure if Bogut/Ridnour come back this year but with Jefferson/Bogans/CV, that would be 4 vets mixed in with their young ones (Sessions, Mboute, Alexander).

What's the harm if they get the 14th or 15th pick? If they to the lottery and luck out, they'd get a top 3 pick but whose spot is he going to take immediately? Their situation is different from ours. They made the Jefferson and Ridnour trade with contending in mind. They never uttered 2010 FTW! They got hit with an injury and got Bogans to fill the SG role. They want to make the playoffs!

So are you saying if we make the playoffs and got the 15th pick that player comes in and immediately starts for us?

You're exactly right their position is different than ours. We need the lottery far more than they do. especially since in 2010 we hand our pick over to another team.
StutterStep
RealGM
And1: 58

Post#25 » by StutterStep » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:47 am

TheBluest wrote:So are you saying if we make the playoffs and got the 15th pick that player comes in and immediately starts for us?

You're exactly right their position is different than ours. We need the lottery far more than they do. especially since in 2010 we hand our pick over to another team.

No, where did I say this? We need the lotto pick because we traded our worthwhile talent for bodies that expire in 2010, and they both happen to be SF/PF hybrids.

I actually don't know what this org. wants to do, and I don't think the men in charge do either. We've stood pat for months while having gaping holes at SG and Center. I don't think the lottery fixes this anymore than winning enough games to make the playoffs.

By Feb 19th, we will know more because we'll either trade Nate/Lee or bring in reinforcements.
Moochie25
Lead Assistant
And1: 7

Post#26 » by Moochie25 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:51 am

i beg you, please stop using nicknames
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#27 » by richardhutnik » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:55 am

TheBluest wrote:I mean he doesn't have David Lee automatic double double guy, he doesn't have Nate The Great Robinson, he doesn't have Duhon's Recreational Drug... ALBALLHOG, he doesn't have Assist record breaker Duhon, he doesn't have CHANPONYCHIP ILLSON, he doesn't have SSOL, he doesn't have Washed Up....His star player has missed about 20gms, his starting center has missed about 15gms, his starting point guard is now out with a broken hand yet they keep clinging to that 8th spot and have practically held it down all season.

Phenomenal Job by Skiles at this point... miss or make the playoffs

I think if they made the playoffs it could help them go a long way, especially for their young players like Balloon Lipped Prince Richard, Joe Jump Out The Gym Alexander, Albino CV, and Ramon Sessions. I could see them making some serious noise in the playoffs.

Anyone agree?

What I would agree to is the following statement:
"TheBluest uses some of the most annoying nicknames for players, in the history of RealGM. The annoyance is not only in deviant thnking, but on the insult level that, while not profanity, has nearly the same effect."

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#28 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:00 am

StutterStep wrote:
TheBluest wrote:So are you saying if we make the playoffs and got the 15th pick that player comes in and immediately starts for us?

No, where did I say this?

I was asking for clarifcation.

We need the lotto pick because we traded our worthwhile talent for bodies that expire in 2010, and they both happen to be SF/PF hybrids.

I actually don't know what this org. wants to do, and I don't think the men in charge do either. We've stood pat for months while having gaping holes at SG and Center. I don't think the lottery fixes this anymore than winning enough games to make the playoffs.

What about longer term since Gallo and Chan probably won't be regular forces to be reckoned with until at least another 2yrs. I don't know what they are trying to do either. When you've been consistently 7-10gms under .500 after 40-50gms this season after witnessing this for several yrs prior to, why is it we can't do something to change this? I'm beginning to wonder if Gallo and our #1 this yr is part of a future trade package.

By Feb 19th, we will know more because we'll either trade Nate/Lee or bring in reinforcements.

If they are here after the 19th, rest assure... we're losing one of them in the summer.
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#29 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:04 am

Moochie25 wrote:i beg you, please stop using nicknames

Ballon Lipped is TKF's, not mine. I called Ramon Sessions... Ramon Sessions and Scott Skiles.... Scott Skiles and David Lee...David Lee :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14

Post#30 » by mjhp911 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:06 am

defjux21 wrote:They play defense. Unfortunately that's not in our vocabulary quite yet...

And it's never really going to be a part of our vocabulary, unfortunately. Not with our head coach. Even if Walsh magically gets some good defensive players on the roster. Because unless these defensive players can shoot, pass, and handle, they're not going to see much time under 'Antoni. Mike's 'system' is purely offensive. If the coach tries to really put in some sound defensive schemes, the offensive system will fall apart (if you slow the game down, like a good defensive system dictates, chuck and duck becomes moot). It's why the system is never going to work in the postseason, why his record started trending down as the league adjusted to this gimmick, and why he resisted calls for better defense so much in his last stop.

Oh and uh, the Bulls players are certainly missing the structure and system of their previous drill sergeant...
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#31 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:24 am

mjhp911 wrote:
defjux21 wrote:They play defense. Unfortunately that's not in our vocabulary quite yet...

And it's never really going to be a part of our vocabulary, unfortunately. Not with our head coach. Even if Walsh magically gets some good defensive players on the roster. Because unless these defensive players can shoot, pass, and handle, they're not going to see much time under 'Antoni. Mike's 'system' is purely offensive. If the coach tries to really put in some sound defensive schemes, the offensive system will fall apart (if you slow the game down, like a good defensive system dictates, chuck and duck becomes moot). It's why the system is never going to work in the postseason, why his record started trending down as the league adjusted to this gimmick, and why he resisted calls for better defense so much in his last stop.

Oh and uh, the Bulls players are certainly missing the structure and system of their previous drill sergeant...

Wow you're becoming more negative of this Gimmick by the game. Why so harsh? Look can anyone honestly say any other coach couldn't get 21 wins by now? If not how many games would they be off 2,3,4? Entertainment only goes so far. The Suns last yr after the Shaq trade went like 17-10 with him in the lineup(games he played in). They were 37-17 before... as we can see they were losing an edge even last yr because D'Antony Gonzales isn't anymore effective vs another coach.... as you stated when the system is slowed down he struggles a little bit. Suns are currently 28-22 which is 1 gm back of last yr's Pace with Shaq in the lineup. I really don't get the fuss with Suns fans over coaching when their superstar player has decided to mail it in this yr.
vinnie_vegas69
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 71

Post#32 » by vinnie_vegas69 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:41 am

TheBluest wrote:I mean he doesn't have David Lee automatic double double guy, he doesn't have Nate The Great Robinson, he doesn't have Duhon's Recreational Drug... ALBALLHOG, he doesn't have Assist record breaker Duhon, he doesn't have CHANPONYCHIP ILLSON, he doesn't have SSOL, he doesn't have Washed Up....His star player has missed about 20gms, his starting center has missed about 15gms, his starting point guard is now out with a broken hand yet they keep clinging to that 8th spot and have practically held it down all season.

I think if they made the playoffs it could help them go a long way, especially for their young players like Balloon Lipped Prince Richard, Joe Jump Out The Gym Alexander, Albino CV, and Ramon Sessions. I could see them making some serious noise in the playoffs.

Seriously - Do you make up terrible nicknames and stupid jokes like this all the time in your daily life?

If so, I have a follow up question: Do you get punched in the face a lot?
TheBluest
Banned User

Post#33 » by TheBluest » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 am

vinnie_vegas69 wrote:

Seriously - Do you make up terrible nicknames and stupid jokes like this all the time in your daily life?

If so, I have a follow up question: Do you get punched in the face a lot?

Listen Vinnie_The_Pooh are you going to comment on Skiles and the Bucks are not?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#34 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Good to see some other fans giving us some props.

What Skiles has done is nothing short of amazing. Hammond changed some key personnel this year (shipped out Mo, Yi, Simmons, Mason) none of those guys could defend and brought in guys who could (Ridnour-actually a very pesky defender, RJ-not a premier defender, but solid, Mbah Moute - he's hit a wall, but he can guard 3-4 positions still, Elson-started out slow but has been key since Bogut went down) and the culture has really changed.

The loss of Redd we actually could handle pretty decently, its the loss of Bogut that really killed us. But we're still scrapping and clawing. Lots of Bucks fans want to see the losses mount up so it betters our draft position, but I really can't get behind that. I just want to continue to try and win games.

Sessions has been amazing 44/12/5 against the Pistons and CV has been playing out of his mind for the last month. They are both RFA and unless we shed some salary (Ridnour, Redd, RJ, Bell or Gadzuric) then are almost assured to lose at least one of them. Our beat writer has declared on the radio that we're keeping Sessions, so many think CV will be dealt, but I wouldn't be so sure just yet. The market might be pretty dry this summer and we might roll the dice and just see what happens and at least make an attempt to keep them both.

IF, for some reason this roster was able to make the playoffs, the Bucks have some big decisions to make this summer. Obviously Bogut would be coming back, but with Redds ACL tear we really need him to come back and play before we can trade him. But, maybe he could fit back in and if we can add Redd and Bogut to this years "playoff" team, then next year we might really be able to make some noise with some more personnel tweaks.
boomann21
RealGM
And1: 2,777

Post#35 » by boomann21 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 4:10 pm

Session and Charlie V were both recently added to my fantasy team and we have moved up to #2. I don't know how Skiles is doing it but those cats have been hooping lately

Return to New York Knicks