ImageImageImageImageImage

No to Brad Miller... then how about SHAQ?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RHODEY
RealGM
And1: 19,623

No to Brad Miller... then how about SHAQ? 

Post#1 » by RHODEY » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:54 pm

richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Re: No to Brad Miller, then how about SHAQ? 

Post#2 » by richardhutnik » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:55 pm

As per my thread. Brings back memories of my use of the trade checker years ago.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 14,536

Re: No to Brad Miller... then how about SHAQ? 

Post#3 » by KnicksGadfly » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:55 pm

didn't he say he hated the city
SportsFan7
Senior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by SportsFan7 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:56 pm

the knicks should trade for shaq instead of miller in my opinion if they are going to use cap space.
duetta
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,649

Post#5 » by duetta » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:58 pm

I'd do it. It would make next season a lot more fun, and who knows if Shaq wouldn't mind staying around after that, especially if Walsh brought in another star.
OooSplendiforous
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by OooSplendiforous » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Believe me, the idea of Shaq is amazing...I was actually thinking about it yesterday while watching the all-star game. If we could've traded Ewing to get Shaq in '92....sadly I would've done it. Shaq's probably been a knick fan his whole life since he grew up in New Jersey...but I don't understand why he'd want us now? He's always had nice things to say about the knicks in the paper, but why would he want to wind down his career over here? We can't bring anything positive to his resume. The best thing Shaq could do right now is request a trade back to L.A. and fill in 'till Andrew Bynum returns, he'd guarantee himself one more title, and honestly maybe the best storybook ending in the history of the NBA. The only reason I could see Shaq wanting to come here now is maybe to try to give our fans a shot at the playoffs...but thats not really where we should be going right now, we need more talent from the draft...
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,672

Post#7 » by god shammgod » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:00 am

between him, curry and jerome you'd have to reinforce the team plane.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#8 » by BasicBall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:00 am

duetta wrote:I'd do it. It would make next season a lot more fun, and who knows if Shaq wouldn't mind staying around after that, especially if Walsh brought in another star.

Hmmmm.....Can we get Shaq to make fat ass Eddy get in shape and man up?? If that is the case I am all for it...
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
4PointPlay
Analyst

Post#9 » by 4PointPlay » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:01 am

Shaq would be awesome. Like, really awesome. He's lost some speed, he doesn't fit the system, but he's still a very unique, very talented play who would help us win games this year and next. Low risk, high reward situation. (And he'd give us an All star next year whoop di whoop!)

Not sure if the Suns would do this but i'm all for it.
SportsFan7
Senior
And1: 0

Post#10 » by SportsFan7 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:01 am

i would trade for shaq of course for marbury and jeffries or curry or thomas anybody other than that ill pass.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#11 » by ctorres » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 am

Hmm, Marbury for Shaq straight up?
King Jaffy Jo
Rookie
And1: 11

Post#12 » by King Jaffy Jo » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:03 am

yo i would def be down for shaq instead of miller. shaq is one of the last respectable old school big men in the league that could probably lay down the law to some of the softies in the locker room... i hate to say it but some of our guys could probably learn a thing or two from shaq.

unfortunately, d'antoni is probably cringing at the thought of this...
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#13 » by nyk2423 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:04 am

I think a deal can be worked out because Kerr told Amare that if he is moved it would be strictly for financial reasons. Considering that then they would also be looking to move Shaq also IMO, and JRich's contract isnt the best looking deal....BUT would both teams consider Shaq and Jrich for Marbury and Malik??? The Suns get cap relief as soon as this summer and we get a Shaq that expires in 2010 BUT we do take a long contract by getting Jrich. But I think with Jrich in the starting role for us can raise his trade value for next yrs trade deadline.....
4PointPlay
Analyst

Post#14 » by 4PointPlay » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:06 am

What kind of team would the Suns have then though? Ick.
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 127,672

Post#15 » by god shammgod » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:07 am

King Jaffy Jo wrote:
unfortunately, d'antoni is probably cringing at the thought of this...

you're right. next thing he knows, management is asking him to stress defense. oh the horror.
nyk2423
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#16 » by nyk2423 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:08 am

4PointPlay wrote:What kind of team would the Suns have then though? Ick.

The players they get from the Amare deal would play big min which isnt that bad because most of them would be young and the Suns would clearly be in rebuilding mode....
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#17 » by BasicBall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:09 am

Giving this some thought, I would do it....Shaq for Marbles, straight up!

No more, No less....The paint would be on lock...Lee would be free to roam...Diesel is a decent post passer and the mere fact that he would be able to POSSIBLY get fat lard ass Eddy to understand that IF he gets in shape he can be DOMINANT in this league...Shaq just might be the only guy who can get through to that damn guy!

Sign me up! Marbury for Shaq STRAIGHT UP!! Suns can throw in a 2009 2nd round pick since we are taking on more money though!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#18 » by rsavaj » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am

Phoenix would want expirings that were less than Shaq's salary, so I don't think Marbury would work, but if you guys can find a way to make it work, then by all means take the Shaqtus.
NYKProspect
Bench Warmer
And1: 9

Post#19 » by NYKProspect » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am

OooSplendiforous wrote:Believe me, the idea of Shaq is amazing...I was actually thinking about it yesterday while watching the all-star game. If we could've traded Ewing to get Shaq in '92....sadly I would've done it. Shaq's probably been a knick fan his whole life since he grew up in New Jersey...but I don't understand why he'd want us now? He's always had nice things to say about the knicks in the paper, but why would he want to wind down his career over here? We can't bring anything positive to his resume. The best thing Shaq could do right now is request a trade back to L.A. and fill in 'till Andrew Bynum returns, he'd guarantee himself one more title, and honestly maybe the best storybook ending in the history of the NBA. The only reason I could see Shaq wanting to come here now is maybe to try to give our fans a shot at the playoffs...but thats not really where we should be going right now, we need more talent from the draft...

he could help build up one of the best franchises in one of the best cities in the NBA..
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#20 » by NoLayupRule » Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:10 am

Ive always hated SHaq. His entire career but especially when he was a Laker.

But Ive never doubted for an instant his incredible talent and BBIQ.

Now that hes in his final season, most likely, ironically I like him much much more than ever before. Hes nothing compared to the player he once was but he still goes out there and competes 100% every night and gets it done

Having him here would be incredible for this team

Unlike in Phx he would not be required to win a championship but would be here as a mentor and a fan fav. You know that the knicks fans will go apesit over him!

And to be reunited with D'antoni would make so much sense.

Wow Kerr, way to take on the mantel recently left behind by McHale

Return to New York Knicks