ImageImageImageImageImage

Mouhamed Sene called-up to Knicks

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

RidiculousScott
Banned User
And1: 0

Mouhamed Sene called-up to Knicks 

Post#1 » by RidiculousScott » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:10 am

livintoolive
Head Coach
And1: 173

Re: Mouhamed Sene called-up to Knicks 

Post#2 » by livintoolive » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:12 am

I always thought his first name was Saer...or is it one of those cultural name-placement differences?
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,035

Post#3 » by Pharmcat » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:15 am

u need to hire ewing to coach this kid
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#4 » by livintoolive » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:17 am

Pharmcat wrote:u need to hire ewing to coach this kid

I think it's fair to offer it to Ewing, but I don't think he'll be leaving ORL for a non-head coach position.
R-DAWG wrote:i'd rather have the pick to package with Amare's contract next offseason, but hey, I'm just an MBA student at NYU what do I know about business.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,414

Post#5 » by blueNorange » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:17 am

this move i like, sene's vertical isn't fair.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,973

Post#6 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:19 am

Interesting. Samb, Sims and now Sene. It makes me wonder why we didn't give Bonsu a chance but I was always intrigued by Sene. He was raw as hell when he came to the league and still is. However he can be an presence in the lane but I don't expect anything major from him.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#7 » by BelieveTheDream » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:19 am

averaged 10-10-4 .... id like to see him get some burn wonder if he will
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#8 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:22 am

We just got thabust w/o wasting a pick
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#9 » by BelieveTheDream » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:25 am

Knicksfan1 wrote:We just got thabust w/o wasting a pick

haha hey ill take it...This guy was the 10th overall pick so they saw something he defenlty has potential....I would like to see what hes got these last couple of games but I would also like to see a Patrick Ewing come in and coach him, so far hes 2-2 in Dwight and Yao Ming so that would be nice...If Ewing doesn't get a head coaching job id love for him to come here and Teach Sene out of all the Bigs weve gotten he has the most potential..
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#10 » by ezmoney707 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:33 am

That is a good move. You can tell donnie/mike are trying to get bigs in to see if one of them can stick. Sene is a guy that if somebody were to coach could be a solid big.
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#11 » by Smoke24 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:34 am

Wasn't he a lotto pick? Means he does have potential, and if he flashes some of that potential, he can be more than just a bench warmer for us.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,262

Post#12 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:35 am

Low Risk, High Reward. How is his athleticism after the surgery though?

Best case scenario is the guy turns out to be Diop.

People cant say Donnie isnt evaluating players...
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#13 » by livintoolive » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:36 am

This rotation of big men trying out indicates to me that they are either high on the incoming guards or really low on the incoming bigs in the draft.

Or they've already arranged with Rubio to have him boycott any other team that tries to pick him. He's ours.
ezmoney707
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#14 » by ezmoney707 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:39 am

livintoolive wrote:This rotation of big men trying out indicates to me that they are either high on the incoming guards or really low on the incoming bigs in the draft.

Probably that one.
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#15 » by livintoolive » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:41 am

ezmoney707 wrote:
livintoolive wrote:This rotation of big men trying out indicates to me that they are either high on the incoming guards or really low on the incoming bigs in the draft.

Probably that one.

I don't know, I want to believe the Rubio one. Rubio Rubio Rubio. I want Rubio.
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,262

Post#16 » by TrueWarrior » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:43 am

Or they've already arranged with Rubio to have him boycott any other team that tries to pick him. He's ours.

We're going guard in this draft man. Ive been saying it for a while. If Aldrich and Monroe dont come out there will no decent bigs left when we pick, assuming we're 8th.

Chandler and Gallo are our SF/PF combo of the future. Which is why I been getting on people who been sweatin Earl "The Pillow" Clark.

Im guessin that Nate is going to be gone this offseason, Hughes and Q are terrible, and Duhon has been sad the second half of the season. This draft doesnt look that strong, especially up top, but there are alot of guards who should help us at our pick.
livintoolive
Head Coach

Post#17 » by livintoolive » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:47 am

TrueWarrior wrote:

We're going guard in this draft man. Ive been saying it for a while. If Aldrich and Monroe dont come out there will no decent bigs left when we pick, assuming we're 8th.

Chandler and Gallo are our SF/PF combo of the future. Which is why I been getting on people who been sweatin Earl "The Pillow" Clark.

Im guessin that Nate is going to be gone this offseason, Hughes and Q are terrible, and Duhon has been sad the second half of the season. This draft doesnt look that strong, especially up top, but there are alot of guards who should help us at our pick.

Yea, I gotta agree, the bigs definitely seem weak in this draft. I just meant to post that to try to analyze what the FO is thinking, not my own opinion. But I do agree, that taking a guard is much more likely.
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#18 » by BelieveTheDream » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:51 am

TrueWarrior wrote:Low Risk, High Reward. How is his athleticism after the surgery though?

Best case scenario is the guy turns out to be Diop.

People cant say Donnie isnt evaluating players...

eh i dont think that would be his Best Case Scenario I think he could be better but yea I agree with what you said about donnie...The guy was the 10th Overall pick so teams saw something in him with potential...
Knicksfan1
Veteran
And1: 12

Post#19 » by Knicksfan1 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:52 am

If Ed Davis comes out, we should do everything in our power to get him, if not you go guard
Roscoe Sheed wrote:Also, everybody complains about KG setting moving screens, but Duncan is just as bad
BelieveTheDream
RealGM

Post#20 » by BelieveTheDream » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:52 am

it is a mixture of both but I think its more the lack of big men that are coming out i Mean I love that were giving a Guy who was the 10th pick and is still 22 years old a chance....Plus I do think if Rubio does come out that Donnie will do everything he can possible to get him...

Return to New York Knicks