ImageImageImageImageImage

Lebron 2 NY Info From Another MB

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Isiahs Garden
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Lebron 2 NY Info From Another MB 

Post#1 » by Isiahs Garden » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:24 am

This was posted on the Giants website I visit daily.

"[i]Legendary Jets fan "Ira from Staten Island" related a story from last football season when he was in Cleveland to see the Jets against the Browns. Now, know this about Ira. He has NO interest in basketball in general; no interest in the Knicks in particular. None.

Anyway, at the Jets-Browns game Ira finds himself sitting next to a couple of Browns fans who are in the financials industry. Learning that Ira is from NY, they mention matter-of-factly that Ira must be happy about Lebron. Ira, being from planet Earth, knows who Lebron is, but has no idea what they're talking about, or why he should be happy about Lebron.

Noticing his confusion, the guys tell him they mean happy about Lebron becoming a Knick in the 2010-11 season. Ira says he was aware of the possibility being talked about, but as far as he knew it was very much an open question. The financials guys sadly relate that it's already a done deal. Finito. The deal's already been made. The advertising and marketing and investment mechanisms already in motion. The decision made at a much higher level than simply NBA Basketball. Much higher."

Anyway, it was an interesting story from a guy with no dog in that hunt. All the more interesting because I've heard similar things in other venues.[/i]

I wanna know now!!!!
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Re: Lebron 2 NY Info From Another MB 

Post#2 » by BelieveTheDream » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:27 am

i dont believe any of this that anything is a done deal or anything so..... until he signs on the dotted line with either us or the cavs or whoever i dont want to hear any of this... STOP GETTING MY HOPES UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hobojoe2131
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#3 » by hobojoe2131 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:27 am

BBI?
^ MP creation
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,227

Post#4 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:27 am

This is ridiculous, yet I cant help but smirk. IDK what the hell to think anymore.
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,874

Post#5 » by NoLayupRule » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:28 am

wow, thrice removed hearsay.

whats the over/under on this being on the wiretap in a days time?
TrueWarrior
RealGM
And1: 8,227

Post#6 » by TrueWarrior » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:30 am

NoLayupRule wrote:wow, thrice removed hearsay.

Try a few minutes lol. But seriously this kinda crap just makes me mad cuz its still a year away. But hey if it IS true :wink: then I understand why Curry wants to come here so bad. Maybe he knows something we dont? Eh I should stop now :lol:
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#7 » by BasicBall » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:36 am

TrueWarrior wrote:
NoLayupRule wrote:wow, thrice removed hearsay.

Try a few minutes lol. But seriously this kinda crap just makes me mad cuz its still a year away. But hey if it IS true :wink: then I understand why Curry wants to come here so bad. Maybe he knows something we dont? Eh I should stop now :lol:

:lol: I mentioned that in the last thread about Curry wanting to come here so bad. I really think he knows the deal. He could have easily stayed in school another year and got better draft position. But he can't do that because NY does not have a pick next season. Bron actually went to watch the kid play and its clear they have a relationship. Now all this open campaigning to be a Knick? Who the hell campaigns to be a Knick?

No doubt the coaches system is attractive for offensive minded players. Then the weird sadness Bron felt after being beat by Orlando? I mean he lost a series, why the long face? Why? Because he wants to leave the city on good terms and next year winning is only going to be tougher for Cleveland.

And on top of that Bosh clearly waiting to sign that extension. I think Steph Curry knows something and he wants to be here when it happens. LOL

And the more he OPENLY campaigns the more I am starting to believe it! No BS! :D
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
Isiahs Garden
Pro Prospect
And1: 32

Post#8 » by Isiahs Garden » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:38 am

Of course Joe. Where else for G-men info
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,016

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:42 am

I don't believe that. Why then would Cleveland brought on those investors from China if it was a fait accompli?
Free Palestine
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22

Post#10 » by knicks742 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:44 am

I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed posters next summer....
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#11 » by BasicBall » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:46 am

knicks742 wrote:I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed posters next summer....

Killjoy! :)
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#12 » by BelieveTheDream » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:48 am

TrueWarrior wrote:This is ridiculous, yet I cant help but smirk. IDK what the hell to think anymore.

haha isn't it the WORST i just want to focus on the draft not these little stories that we cant do anything about for another YEAR!!!
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by knicks742 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:50 am

BasicBall wrote:
knicks742 wrote:I think there are going to be a lot of disappointed posters next summer....

Im just saying. I think we have a shot but lets just focus on building our team and not what is lebron thinking today.
BasicBall
RealGM

Post#14 » by BasicBall » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:55 am

knicks742 wrote:
BasicBall wrote:

Im just saying. I think we have a shot but lets just focus on building our team and not what is lebron thinking today.

I hear ya. But I still really think that Curry is campaigning because he knows Bron is coming. I also think that Uncle Wes (World-Wide Wes) and Bron's former agent working out fat Eddy Curry aint no coincidence either.

But I do wanna build the team this summer. I could care less what Bron is thinking today. To quote that great philosopher Jay Z "What he eats, don't make me sh*t!"

You're still a killjoy though!
VirginiaKnickFan
RealGM
And1: 2,849

Post#15 » by VirginiaKnickFan » Fri Jun 5, 2009 12:59 am

Every word and every photo of LeBron wearing a NY Yankees NY Giants hats will be analyzed as an indication he is NY Knicks-bound.
Truth B T0ld
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#16 » by Truth B T0ld » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:01 am

TrueWarrior wrote:This is ridiculous, yet I cant help but smirk. IDK what the hell to think anymore.

seriously, idk what to think either.

this whole lebron situation is **** wit my head
sonny
RealGM
And1: 269

Post#17 » by sonny » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:02 am

"The decision made at a much higher level than simply NBA Basketball. Much higher."

Makes it seems like the White House/Catholic Church/international corrupt banks are involved.
knicks742
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by knicks742 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:05 am

sonny wrote:"The decision made at a much higher level than simply NBA Basketball. Much higher."

Makes it seems like the White House/Catholic Church/international corrupt banks are involved.

The Illuminati have spoken.
Ayonick07
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#19 » by Ayonick07 » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:08 am

this is maddening, and im tired of hearing about it. Why can't we just wait and see and leave it as that.
MarkPopeisGod
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#20 » by MarkPopeisGod » Fri Jun 5, 2009 1:12 am

One more year..

Return to New York Knicks