ImageImageImageImageImage

Knicks 29th pick: Tony Douglas

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

BugsBunny
Rookie
And1: 2

Re: Knicks 29th pick: Tony Douglas 

Post#61 » by BugsBunny » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:49 am

Welcome to the Knicks, Douglas. :)
I think if HighRyzer gets into an accident and loses half his brain he will still be the smartest poster on this board. HighRyzer83 is the man!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 56,084

Post#62 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 am

I'm ok with our picks. You guys got to chill out. Hill and Douglass are both solid picks.
Free Palestine
cgf
RealGM
And1: 10,557

Post#63 » by cgf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:58 am

all i have to say is i'm glad i wasn't on this board last season, some fans are just delusional on here and will bitch about anything, not even lookg at the marbury/isiah nut riders we still have to deal with.
Capn'O wrote:We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.

Brunson: So what are you paid to do?
Hart: Run around like an idiot during the game and f*** s*** up!
bringinhinkie
General Manager
And1: 930

Post#64 » by bringinhinkie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:01 am

cgf wrote:all i have to say is i'm glad i wasn't on this board last season, some fans are just delusional on here and will bitch about anything, not even lookg at the marbury/isiah nut riders we still have to deal with.

let me recap it.. id say half the people liked danillo..

the other half:

omg we drafted a european bust? this stiff? scott layden is back? frederic weis 2.0.. disaster. we could have had bayless he does cool dunks and has a nice fade!
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#65 » by richardhutnik » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:13 am

Here is another write up on Douglas:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/players/566731

Overview

Auburn's loss was Florida State's gain when Douglas decided to leave the Tigers' program after his freshman season. Prior to the point guard joining the Seminoles in 2005-06 (sat out that year under NCAA transfer rules), Florida State had compiled a 45-48 record during the previous three seasons (2002-05). With Douglas in charge of handling the ball, the Seminoles registered a 66-38 record, finishing the 2008-09 regular season ranked 16th in the coaches' poll.

Douglas improved each season with the Seminoles. In 99 games at FSU, he scored 1,655 points, the fifth-highest total in school history. The 2009 Atlantic Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year finished second in the voting for overall ACC Player of the Year honors. As a senior, he became the third Seminole in school history to lead the league in scoring following Bob Sura (21.2 points per game in 1994) and Al Thornton (19.7 points per game in 2007). He also became the fourth FSU player to ever receive ACC first-team honors.

While his 1,655 points rank fifth all-time in school annals, it was also the most points by a player in just three seasons. His scoring average of 16.7 points also rank fifth on the FSU all-time record chart. Before he completed his tour at Florida State, he finished his career ranked fourth in school history with 473 3-point field goals attempted; fifth with 178 3-point field goals made, fifth with 1,251 field goals attempted, seventh with 188 steals, seventh with 357 free throws made, and eighth with 95 starting assignments.

Click there to read the profile. I am definitely taking a wait and see here.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,263

Post#66 » by sol537 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:15 am

lots of people complained about Lee, Nate, and Chandler. They're all eating crow right now... I'm surprised they can still talk with their mouths so full ;)
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#67 » by BasicBall » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:21 am

We got two guys who can and will defend....What's not to like??

Douglas was the ACC defensive player of the year....That speaks for itself!
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
richardhutnik
Banned User
And1: 10

Post#68 » by richardhutnik » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:25 am

And more on Douglas:
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Toney-Douglas-1231/

Ok, he isn't a great PG, but looks promising as a guard, period.

- Rich
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - G. Marx
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,217

Post#69 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:27 am

BasicBall wrote:We got two guys who can and will defend....What's not to like??

Douglas was the ACC defensive player of the year....That speaks for itself!

And its leading scorer too.
Bill Bradley
RealGM
And1: 2,407

Post#70 » by Bill Bradley » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:40 am

Pharmcat wrote:another horrendous pick

but at this rate, no one else is there to take

walsh should just retire, hes in way over his head now

You're an idiot.
DocZaius
Banned User
And1: 56

Post#71 » by DocZaius » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:42 am

Charlie Ward came out of FSU, so there's his connection to our franchise :D
slamvangundy
Starter
And1: 4

Post#72 » by slamvangundy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:44 am

Checking out his stats, a few things I like about this guy.

His offensive officiency improved every year he was in college. Senior year, he scored 1.4 points per shot, which is very respectable (though far from Ty Lawsons 1.89 pps, tops in college basketball.

6'6 wingspan.

Good rebounder for his position.

This could work out...
Smoke24
RealGM
And1: 11

Post#73 » by Smoke24 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:45 am

slamvangundy wrote:Checking out his stats, a few things I like about this guy.

His offensive officiency improved every year he was in college. Senior year, he scored 1.4 points per shot, which is very respectable (though far from Ty Lawsons 1.89 pps, tops in college basketball.

6'6 wingspan.

This could work out...

I wish more people would come around and stop bashing the pick before even seeing him play.
Paeds
Banned User

Post#74 » by Paeds » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:47 am

slamvangundy wrote:Checking out his stats, a few things I like about this guy.

6'6 wingspan.

This could work out...

if this kid has iq and a chip....i may be in love
slamvangundy
Starter

Post#75 » by slamvangundy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:48 am

^^I'm still furious we bypassed Blair, but I will withold judgement until mid season/end of next season.
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#76 » by mugzi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:49 am

I like the 2nd pick, hate the 1st. Anyone thinking Hill is gonna block shots is in for a rude awakening, Channing the stiff Frye averaged more blocks than this kid at AZ and look how many shots he blocks in the pros.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#77 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:51 am

mugzi wrote:I like the 2nd pick, hate the 1st. Anyone thinking Hill is gonna block shots is in for a rude awakening, Channing the stiff Frye averaged more blocks than this kid at AZ and look how many shots he blocks in the pros.

Is that supposed to pass for logic?
mugzi
General Manager
And1: 1,009

Post#78 » by mugzi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:58 am

GONYK wrote:
mugzi wrote:I like the 2nd pick, hate the 1st. Anyone thinking Hill is gonna block shots is in for a rude awakening, Channing the stiff Frye averaged more blocks than this kid at AZ and look how many shots he blocks in the pros.

No but apparently your condescension is. :roll: I've watched enough Pac-10 games to know what this guy is and it aint much more than Frye was, which is sad. This was a crap pick, and since you're such a genius pull this thread up 6 months from now and we'll see whose right.
YouTube:CNDUBL
I never take offense
Or make amends
I was eight last time
I said Amen
Hard as steel won’t
Break or bend
Iron Mikes as real
As the day it ends.
BasicBall
RealGM
And1: 448

Post#79 » by BasicBall » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:06 am

I gotta keep it real......I didnt like the Chandler pick or the Gallo pick and was wrong on both counts...Though the jury is still out on Gallo with the back issues.

NY at least drafted wisely, for instance Lee now can be dealt with fairly, he can no longer hold the Knicks for a king's ransom, he either goes in a sign and trade or we just let him go, freeing cap space actually, as Hill makes less cash obviously.

The team got better defensively and to me that is a huge plus....Darko being in the last year of his deal at least does defend the paint, he also brings an edge, a toughness we sorely needed. You know actually when you think of Jefferies, Hughes, Hill, Darko, Harrington & Chandler we have some guys who at least are committed to play defense, plus Hill, Darko and IF fat Eddy Curry comes to play we have some scoring in the paint...Bottomline is we now have alot of versatility in the frontcourt!

Tony Douglas is an upgrade over Nate at backup pg/sg....Douglas played in a tough conference and led that league in scoring as well as defending....NY wanted Curry and he got snatched up. Tough break, but oh well! See ya in 3 years Steph! LOL

The damn T-Wolves got cute and the jury is out on what sort of karma that will bring them. To draft Rubio and Flynn to me was a weird move by a GM who clearly was trying to play it cute.

Overall, we did some good things in this draft, got some size and some perimeter defense as well as some scoring....Not a bad night.

I'd grade it a B-
Don't raise your voice, improve your argument :nod:
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#80 » by GONYK » Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:49 am

mugzi wrote:
GONYK wrote:

No but apparently your condescension is. :roll: I've watched enough Pac-10 games to know what this guy is and it aint much more than Frye was, which is sad. This was a crap pick, and since you're such a genius pull this thread up 6 months from now and we'll see whose right.

Gladly. How do you want to measure this? Compared to Channing's rookie stats or what?

Return to New York Knicks