ImageImageImageImageImage

Wiretap-Clips offer Arroyo a Contract

Moderators: j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O

Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Wiretap-Clips offer Arroyo a Contract 

Post#1 » by Paeds » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:04 am

On Thursday, the Los Angeles Clippers extended a contract offer to point guard Carlos Arroyo, a source close to the situation tells RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

While terms of the deal were not disclosed, it is the only offer Arroyo has received this summer.

Arroyo's last stint in the NBA was with the Orlando Magic. He averaged 6.9 points and 3.5 assists per game in 2007.

Last season, Arroyo led Maccabi Tel Aviv to an Israeli Premier League Championship and was named Finals MVP.

He would be the fourth point guard on Los Angeles' roster, which suggests that they're no longer pursuing restricted free agent Ramon Sessions.

snicker snicker
waltoni2010
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Wiretap-Clips offer Arroyo a Contract 

Post#2 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:09 am

sessions sucks
BelieveTheDream
RealGM
And1: 45

Post#3 » by BelieveTheDream » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:09 am

waltoni2010 wrote:sessions sucks

:o
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,576

Post#4 » by ctorres » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:10 am

Baron Davis / Carlos Arroyo / Sebastian Telfair / Mardy Collins

Not bad
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#5 » by kane2021 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:13 am

This is good news. I want that kid on the cheap. (less the full MLE). As the days pass its looking better. I hope riley dont get interested.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#6 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:15 am

no1 wants session but leave it to some on here to think that mean we can get some sort of steal. no1 wants him not even his own team. but some on here act like we sign him we got our pg for the next 10 years lol. dude sucks. no1 wants him. no1. not even us. but that dont stop peeps on here actin like hes an all star waitin to happen. sessions stinks. duhon better than sessions. nate better than sessions. douglass probly better. but yea lets sign sessions for five years good idea lol not.
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#7 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:18 am

jerome james jared jeffreys ramone sessions same thing but peeps on here act like he nash or something an somehow only we know this lol. session stinks.
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#8 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:19 am

own damn team dont want him even as backup but yea lets give him the max and make him our starter pg for ten years lol. jeez its ramone sessions not steve nash lol. the hell dudes a bum
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#9 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:19 am

lol sessions
TheBluest
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: Lottery Bound...Banned From UK 2-11-09 @ 12:30 am by Martin LOL!

Post#10 » by TheBluest » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:40 am

This could be a precursor to a S&T.
Dupontcar
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Dupontcar » Fri Sep 4, 2009 1:09 am

waltoni2010 wrote:no1 wants session but leave it to some on here to think that mean we can get some sort of steal. no1 wants him not even his own team. but some on here act like we sign him we got our pg for the next 10 years lol. dude sucks. no1 wants him. no1. not even us. but that dont stop peeps on here actin like hes an all star waitin to happen. sessions stinks. duhon better than sessions. nate better than sessions. douglass probly better. but yea lets sign sessions for five years good idea lol not.

Its obvious you know nothing about NBA Basketball. I bet you have never watched a game Sessions played in (not a mix or highlight video). I watched many of his games last year, and this kid is a very good basketball player and would be our best guard by far. To compare him with Jeffries MLE signing is ignorant. Sessions averaged the same as Duhon last year, in 10 fewer minutes/game in Milwaukee's offense (imagine in Dantoni's). He is younger and cheaper than Duhon, gets into the paint and foul line exceptionally well and is an excellent pass first PG.

He had his highlight game (what was it 44 points/20 assists or something? lol), but played solid all season and even had some game winning plays.

Furthermore, a contract offer of $4mi/year is a very cheap pg contract in the NBA. A low risk, high reward signing, unlike Jeffries and Jerome James deals.

Get out of here with your nonesense. Go post 15 times in a row in another thread..You never make sense anyway.
Knickerbocker09
Banned User
And1: 0

waltoni2010 wrote: 

Post#12 » by Knickerbocker09 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 1:15 am

could not agree with you more, he probably is duhon's pal
camillepd
Assistant Coach
And1: 953

Post#13 » by camillepd » Fri Sep 4, 2009 1:34 am

Dupontcar wrote:
waltoni2010 wrote:no1 wants session but leave it to some on here to think that mean we can get some sort of steal. no1 wants him not even his own team. but some on here act like we sign him we got our pg for the next 10 years lol. dude sucks. no1 wants him. no1. not even us. but that dont stop peeps on here actin like hes an all star waitin to happen. sessions stinks. duhon better than sessions. nate better than sessions. douglass probly better. but yea lets sign sessions for five years good idea lol not.

Its obvious you know nothing about NBA Basketball. I bet you have never watched a game Sessions played in (not a mix or highlight video). I watched many of his games last year, and this kid is a very good basketball player and would be our best guard by far. To compare him with Jeffries MLE signing is ignorant. Sessions averaged the same as Duhon last year, in 10 fewer minutes/game in Milwaukee's offense (imagine in Dantoni's). He is younger and cheaper than Duhon, gets into the paint and foul line exceptionally well and is an excellent pass first PG.

He had his highlight game (what was it 44 points/20 assists or something? lol), but played solid all season and even had some game winning plays.

Furthermore, a contract offer of $4mi/year is a very cheap pg contract in the NBA. A low risk, high reward signing, unlike Jeffries and Jerome James deals.

Get out of here with your nonesense. Go post 15 times in a row in another thread..You never make sense anyway.

I agree with you. We need Sessions.
FutureKnicksGM
Head Coach
And1: 1,505

Post#14 » by FutureKnicksGM » Fri Sep 4, 2009 1:38 am

If they sign Arroyo(who i think will be a decent backup for the clips), that is good news for us with regards to Sessions. Alex Kennedy FTW!
Dupontcar
Sophomore

Post#15 » by Dupontcar » Fri Sep 4, 2009 1:38 am

camillepd wrote:
Dupontcar wrote:

I agree with you. We need Sessions.

I forgot to mention that in Hollinger's last chat, when asked who the most underrated PLAYER in the NBA was, he answered Ramon Sessions!

I
waltoni2010
Banned User

Post#16 » by waltoni2010 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 2:03 am

dupont u kno nothing about basketball cause if u did u see that 30 teams dont want sessions. guess how many teams in the nba. yeah 30. sessions stinks. he worse than duhon and nate. we dont need him and it seem nobody does. but yeah be 1 of those who act like he some super star. whatever.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,338

Post#17 » by GONYK » Fri Sep 4, 2009 4:11 am

waltoni2010 wrote:dupont u kno nothing about basketball cause if u did u see that 30 teams dont want sessions. guess how many teams in the nba. yeah 30. sessions stinks. he worse than duhon and nate. we dont need him and it seem nobody does. but yeah be 1 of those who act like he some super star. whatever.

Does anyone speak Waltoni? I'm not sure what he said, but I'm fairly certain it was unintelligent.
NYKAL
General Manager
And1: 2,157

Post#18 » by NYKAL » Fri Sep 4, 2009 10:35 am

Paeds wrote:
On Thursday, the Los Angeles Clippers extended a contract offer to point guard Carlos Arroyo, a source close to the situation tells RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

While terms of the deal were not disclosed, it is the only offer Arroyo has received this summer.

Arroyo's last stint in the NBA was with the Orlando Magic. He averaged 6.9 points and 3.5 assists per game in 2007.

Last season, Arroyo led Maccabi Tel Aviv to an Israeli Premier League Championship and was named Finals MVP.

He would be the fourth point guard on Los Angeles' roster, which suggests that they're no longer pursuing restricted free agent Ramon Sessions.

snicker snicker

I though yesterdays papers said the report came out of Arroyo's camp and had no truth. That is was perhaps their way of trying to drum up NBA interest

Return to New York Knicks