ImageImageImageImageImage

Vasilieos Spanoulis a KNICKS!?!?!?

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Re: Vasilieos Spanoulis a KNICKS!?!?!? 

Post#41 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:50 pm

Guy986 wrote:Greek Mac a pure shooter? WTF

The reason why he couldn't find playing time in Houston(aside from being a rookie and turnover prone) was because he didn't have NBA 3 point range. He's a bit like Andre Miller in that he could rock that J from 15 feet but can't shoot 3s at all. Maybe he improved his 3 point shooting over the last couple of years? I seriously doubt it. His shot as i recalled was very flat.

Here's my scouting report on Spanoulis as a Rocket:

Pros:
Good penetrator
Good passer off pick and roll
mid range game
alot of energy
good size for PG
cold blooded

Cons:
ball dominant
turnover prone
no 3 point range
combo guard

Thank you. Say no to Greek T-Mac.
unclebear
Bench Warmer
And1: 4

Post#42 » by unclebear » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 pm

dont the bucks always let good pg's go?
sessions, mo williams, ford ,etc.
I Feel Devotion
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by I Feel Devotion » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:53 pm

Rasho Brezec wrote:

The reason why he couldn't find playing time in Houston(aside from being a rookie and turnover prone) was because he didn't have NBA 3 point range. He's a bit like Andre Miller in that he could rock that J from 15 feet but can't shoot 3s at all. Maybe he improved his 3 point shooting over the last couple of years? I seriously doubt it. His shot as i recalled was very flat.

Pros:
Good penetrator
mid range game
alot of energy
good size for PG
cold blooded

Cons:
ball dominant
turnover prone
no 3 point range
combo guard

That was a horrible scouting report on Spanoulis.
Supreme Wisdom
Ballboy

Post#44 » by Supreme Wisdom » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:55 pm

Pharmcat wrote:overypaying for sessions? hes a steal at 3.9 million-4 million range!!!!!

So where were all the MLE offers? It's funny because you will complain about this for four years yet no team in the league made an offer for him. His own team didn't even believe in him enough to keep him around. That don't concern you? Of course not because there was once a time he had a good game in which he dropped 22 assists. Instead he went to a team that just drafted Flynn, has Rubio on tap. He just wanted to get paid because apparently no team in the league cared enough to get him.

So explain to mean in terms of market value how that is a steal?
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,012

Post#45 » by Pharmcat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:56 pm

Supreme Wisdom wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:overypaying for sessions? hes a steal at 3.9 million-4 million range!!!!!

So where were all the MLE offers? It's funny because you will complain about this for four years yet no team in the league made an offer for him. His own team didn't even believe in him enough to keep him around. That don't concern you? Of course not because there was once a time he had a good game in which he dropped 22 assists. Instead he went to a team that just drafted Flynn, has Rubio on tap. He just wanted to get paid because apparently no team in the league cared enough to get him.

So explain to mean in terms of market value how that is a steal?

flawed logic, same can be said for lee and nate
Rasho Brezec
Knicks Forum Euro Scout
And1: 18,400

Post#46 » by Rasho Brezec » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:57 pm

I Feel Devotion wrote:
Rasho Brezec wrote:

Pros:
Good penetrator
mid range game
alot of energy
good size for PG
cold blooded

Cons:
ball dominant
turnover prone
no 3 point range
combo guard

That was a horrible scouting report on Spanoulis.

It was spot on. Come on, KWSN, we all know you have a hard on for him.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,012

Post#47 » by Pharmcat » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:59 pm

to get the 2nd max guy, lee and nate wont be back, that be a thin team to put around 2 max guys, but walsh has made his bed for 2010 so we all we must to is wait till next summer, its obvious its lebron or bust for him now
Knicks_Blood10
Rookie
And1: 83

Post#48 » by Knicks_Blood10 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:59 pm

next2spike wrote:
Brunson2Spencer wrote:Why make a title like this and provide no sources whatsoever? Who are you? Poland? Where is the link? NBA scouts? Whose word? C'mon man, get with the program.

What's wrong with Poland? Something against Polish people my man? 8-)

-__- im polish...
S.O.D. Money Gang.
Twitter: twitter.com/TheRealDominicC
Facebook: facebook.com/dcholewa
KnicksGod
Site Admin
Site Admin
And1: 38,931

Post#49 » by KnicksGod » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:01 pm

Pharmcat wrote:to get the 2nd max guy, lee and nate wont be back, that be a thin team to put around 2 max guys, but walsh has made his bed for 2010 so we all we must to is wait till next summer, its obvious its lebron or bust for him now

Wade - Douglas
LeBron
Chandler
Gallinari
Hill

And then more cap room in 2011. I'd *settle* for such a *thin* team.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#50 » by Guy986 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 pm

I Feel Devotion wrote:

Pros:
Good penetrator
mid range game
alot of energy
good size for PG
cold blooded

Cons:
ball dominant
turnover prone
no 3 point range
combo guard

I know Spanoulis very well from FIBA and from the Euroleague. He is an outstanding shooter with absolutely unlimited shooting range. Deadly from the pull up jumper, off the dribble, and also on catch and shoot kick outs. He's one of the best shooting point guards anywhere.

I hope you are not basing his shooting ability on playing 3 or 4 minutes in garbage time every 3 or 4 games with the Rockets. His shooting ability and his range on his jump shot are definitely his strongest part of his game.

And Spanoulis is no combo guard either. Pure point guard 100%. If the Rockets played him as a combo guard they played him out of position.

Oh hey, its a KWSN sighting!! :wave:
I Feel Devotion
Banned User

Post#51 » by I Feel Devotion » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:15 pm

If any Knicks fans want to know about Spanoulis I strongly advise ignoring Rasho Brezec's comments here. He is either confusing Spanoulis with another player or he is intentionally lying about him, or he has never seen him play and is pretending he has for whatever reason.
I Feel Devotion
Banned User

Post#52 » by I Feel Devotion » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:17 pm

Guy986 wrote:
I Feel Devotion wrote:

Pros:
Good penetrator
mid range game
alot of energy
good size for PG
cold blooded

Cons:
ball dominant
turnover prone
no 3 point range
combo guard

I know Spanoulis very well from FIBA and from the Euroleague. He is an outstanding shooter with absolutely unlimited shooting range. Deadly from the pull up jumper, off the dribble, and also on catch and shoot kick outs. He's one of the best shooting point guards anywhere.

I hope you are not basing his shooting ability on playing 3 or 4 minutes in garbage time every 3 or 4 games with the Rockets. His shooting ability and his range on his jump shot are definitely his strongest part of his game.

And Spanoulis is no combo guard either. Pure point guard 100%. If the Rockets played him as a combo guard they played him out of position.

Oh hey, its a KWSN sighting!! :wave:

I don't know what that means but I do know that you have very little knowledge of Spanoulis' game.
Guy986
RealGM
And1: 647

Post#53 » by Guy986 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:18 pm

I Feel Devotion wrote:If any Knicks fans want to know about Spanoulis I strongly advise ignoring Rasho Brezec's comments here. He is either confusing Spanoulis with another player or he is intentionally lying about him, or he has never seen him play and is pretending he has for whatever reason.

You are definitely KWSN. :lol:
CDAZ
Head Coach
And1: 2,322

Post#54 » by CDAZ » Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:28 pm

KnicksGod wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:to get the 2nd max guy, lee and nate wont be back, that be a thin team to put around 2 max guys, but walsh has made his bed for 2010 so we all we must to is wait till next summer, its obvious its lebron or bust for him now

Wade - Douglas
LeBron
Chandler
Gallinari
Hill

And then more cap room in 2011. I'd *settle* for such a *thin* team.

I dunno about Gallinari at PF.
Paeds
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#55 » by Paeds » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:03 pm

How is it 2010 or Bust, being under the cap leaves many possible scenarios.

Also there are another 20 mil contracts coming off the books in 2011, stop being dense
NoLayupRule
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 10,873

Post#56 » by NoLayupRule » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:09 pm

Dude, how does this misinformation keep getting spewed?

A}we can resign either or both of them to contacts that are less than the 2nd max figure - say 5 yr deal for Lee starting at 6mil - once we move Curry and JJ and that new number will be the one the cap is determined by

B}We can still sign them next summer after we determine the new cap and who, if any, FA's are committed to us. We retain their rights and hold their bird rights until released

C}even if we land two max deals and we cant sign Lee or Nate with the remaining cap space we still have as much a chance to bring them back as any other team over the cap.

its a misconception that cap flexibility next year equals Lee and Nate being gone.

Hell we will know before we release their rights if LBJ is serious about coming here - or wade, etc. And we will know before that point which of the other legit max players - are there are only 4 or so - have signed extensions or expressed interest in another team.

If Bosh and Wade join in Mia and Dirk and Amare sign extensions then this 2nd max deal is a moot point.
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 42,169

Post#57 » by GONYK » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Pharmcats posts = the "Obama wants to kill your grandmother" of this board.
Slate
Veteran

Post#58 » by Slate » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:20 am

NoLayupRule wrote:
If you think bringing as many as 3 pgs who fit the system, come cheaply, have big upside and have all won significantly as a mistake then you very simply don't get a darn thing.

Define BIG upside. The only player with that kind of potential slipped through Walsh's fingers into the hands of Minnesota.

NoLayupRule wrote:None of these invitees are the sexy choice but all are the smart choice. Get it?

Nope. Rummaging around the garbage for the scraps of the league reeks of desperation. I suppose the only thing you might be able to call "smart" is the cap space that we save from paying the league minimum to these bums, and even that is in the hopes of chasing a dream that is far from a guarantee.

Now I would give up every player on this team in a heartbeat for Lebron, and if league rumors behind the scenes state that Lebron wants another max player to come with him wherever he signs then I can see sacrificing this season in order to appease him for next.

This would just be such an easier process if we had our **** pick, I would be in bliss dreaming of the number 1 pick and adding Lebron..........
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#59 » by kane2021 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:47 am

When I see this cat post, I here the munsters theme music in my head.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.
kane2021
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,067
Location: It's OK to feel that way. Just sick of hearing about it all the time.

Post#60 » by kane2021 » Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:05 am

I Feel Devotion wrote:If any Knicks fans want to know about Spanoulis I strongly advise ignoring Rasho Brezec's comments here. He is either confusing Spanoulis with another player or he is intentionally lying about him, or he has never seen him play and is pretending he has for whatever reason.

Never underestimate the strength of knowledge.

Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

Return to New York Knicks